Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Oct. 24, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, October 24, 2019

A new morning in Salem, as various Salemites wake up. Eli & Lani are all happy, snuggles and gung ho for another round of love play. Eli is very happy, then he calls, learns from Kayla the pacemaker arrived during the night, Julie is going to surgery, and now Eli tells Lani they need to go to Stefan's funeral. Ben & Ciara wake up as well, also going to funeral.......and birthday party. Brady wakes up in Kristen's bed, about has a fit. He is fully dressed, fell asleep watching the movie. He jumps out, upset, goes to shower & change. Later Sonny is telling Will that Brady was not in his room, probably in Kristen's, Vic better not find out, Brady appears, tells them what happened, nothing to worry about. Kristen eavesdrops for a bit, then joins them.

Jordan is all ready with the party stuff, Rafe wants to help with finishing up touches, but she has all under control. He has brought Ari in, but now has to leave for the funeral. Later Jordan notices one of the cupcakes missing, Ciara's, worries Ari ate it. No, she did not, gave it to David. Jordan panics, but finds the cupcake intact, breathes sigh of relief.

We see a coffin up against a stone wall, flowers all around. (rather unusual to me..). Gabi arrives, starts grieving and talking to Stefan....who appears behind her, saying she really doesn't have to be without him. She is overjoyed, he is alive, Rolf must have done something, she rushes forward to hug, but he is not there, he is now where she was standing before. He wants to know her plan, what she is intending to do. He also has said he is not there, he is dead, just returned to say goodbye to her.

Eli & Lani arrive, extend sympathies..Ben & Ciara arrive, Rafe, Will & Sonny. Gabi figures they will be only ones coming, talks a bit, thanks them all for being there for her. Knows Stefan did not mix with very many Salemites. But she is glad they are all there to see this, as she smiles and pushes Lani into the grave. Yes, a fantasy, she zones out for a bit, then suggests everyone put a rose on Stefan's coffin....starting with Lani. They all do, some giving Gabi a hug. And later still, Kristen arrives with Brady, grieving the brother she never really knew, sobbing on Brady's shoulder. Yes, putting on a good act.

Jennifer wakes up, remembers kissing Jack, and them laying down on the bed, turns over...no Jack. She cannot imagine where he has gone. Later, she is in a robe, Jack comes in with a bag and 2 coffees. He says he hopes he remembered everything right, pulls blueberry scone out....her fav., some kind of juice, her 2nd fav., coffee, with 1 ½ sweetener, again, just the way she likes it. She goes to dig into the scone, and there in middle is engagement ring, one he gave her years ago. It was in her dresser drawer. Well, Jack remembered where she used to hide the key, so went and got it. And now he takes ring, down on bended knee, proposing so nicely. She is munching on the scone, as he talks of not coming in a Santa suit, and a couple of other things he did in the past......neither one wants any more surprises. She is delighted, both are so happy, she says yes, kiss.

They go to hospital to check on Julie, Eli/Lani show up, notice ring, Congrats all around.

Ben, Ciara & Rafe all arrive at Jordan's. Ari is a tiny bit upset at Jordan scolding her for the cupcake thing. But everyone is smiling, happy, Ari asks if she can help open David's presents, sure, that is o.k. Ciara puts the wrapped toy chest in front of her, Rafe helps, Jordan thinks the toy chest lovely, Ben even carved in David's name. Will & Sonny arrive, have to pick up Ari, she has doctor appt. They leave. Time for cupcakes, who is hungry for one. I am says Ciara. Jordan picks up the tray of cupcakes, holds it in front of Ciara, You will love these.

Agreed. Enough with the revenge. Gabi needs to move on. Why can't she fight with Tony over Dimera or something?

And Lani had no business at that funeral. Why couldn't she just tell Eli, "I shot the man. I shouldn't go, but you go"?

Why is Brady watching movies with Kristen? I'm over this storyline already.

I liked the Jack and Jen parts. I'm glad he's back to normal.

Jordan, Jordan, Jordan. This cupcake scheme is one of the dumbest in Salem history. First of all, who only eats one cupcake at a birthday party? How does she think she can control who eats which one? That's crazier than trying to poison someone in the first place. I don't like how all of this makes Rafe look like an idiot. He was an FBI agent and he can't tell that she's not right? He's so bland and dim now. I hope he gets a clue soon.

That funeral set up was really strange. Where was it supposed to be? At the DiMera estate? And, I am sorry, but all of the Hortons should have been there, to show respect for what Gabi did for Julie. There was no excuse for them not being there. And there was no one officiating?

Also, I know there are no combo names on this site, but Will and Sonny are no longer two people. They are connected at the hip.

I know we are getting ready for the big event, but the fact that we are actually seeing some happiness with people now is not something I can ever trust. I am sure it will all be short lived.

Since David is officially 1 now, will he graduate to at least a stroller where he can sit up instead of being wheeled around in a buggy? Why would Jordan tell Ari that they won't eat the cupcakes until after the party? Isn't the eating of the cupcakes included as part of the party?????

If that was what passes for a funeral in Salem, it was pretty sorry. My daughter is a funeral director and said that looked more like a do it yourself service than a legit funeral. I guess cost is a factor so the set is minimal. In that case, just show the gathering at the mansion after the funeral.

That funeral set up was really strange. Where was it supposed to be? At the DiMera estate? And, I am sorry, but all of the Hortons should have been there, to show respect for what Gabi did for Julie. There was no excuse for them not being there. And there was no one officiating?
My thoughts exactly. It was a rather tacky send-off for a high-and-mighty DiMera. And where was Father Louis? Somebody like Zero needs all the help he can get as he heads off to the hereafter.

Elsewhere, bad thinking abounded in Salem.

Lani: She thinks Eli is "always right." Really? If so, why did he drag her to the bargain-basement Zero funeral where she'd catch all sorts of grief and dirty looks from revenge-crazed Gabi.

Jordan: Why is she using poison to rid herself of poor Ciara? In addition to the demonstrated danger of leaving a poisoned cupcake out on the table, there's the problem of leaving an evidence trail. This isn't the 19th century where poisoners could operate with little chance of being caught. Any poison available to Ben's loony sister would be easily detectable and then traced right back to her.

Brady said that Kristen is a "human being." If he keeps repeating this dubious mantra, he's going to get serious objections from one and all, even from the Pub's boozy barflies.

Why would Jordan tell Ari that they won't eat the cupcakes until after the party? Isn't the eating of the cupcakes included as part of the party?????
The whole thing with the 6 cupcakes was ridiculous. Never been to a party where they only had 1 cupcake per guest and you only got it as you were leaving.

Maybe Jordan just wanted Ciara to be out of the house when she started to get sick, so no one would be suspicious???? They ARE pretty dumb, but I think they will figure it out.

Thanks, Poirot.

A new day in Salem...

I liked Jen's dress even though it looked like a dress for spring not fall.

Was there a reason the casket was closed for the funeral? Was Stefan
inside? And why was it outside on a fall day?

I don't know what's going on with Brady. He went to sleep in Kristen's bed.
Thank goodness he was dressed. But why did he hold Kristen's hand and
hug her at Stefan's coffin?

Nice to see Ari today.

Thanks for the summary!

And later still, Kristen arrives with Brady, grieving the brother she never really knew, sobbing on Brady's shoulder. Yes, putting on a good act.
ICK! ICK! ICK! I really want her GONE!

Why would Jordan tell Ari that they won't eat the cupcakes until after the party?
Because she is just mean, mean, mean!

But why did he hold Kristen's hand and
hug her at Stefan's coffin?
I don't like where this seems to be going - with all his faults, Brady sure doesn't deserve to be hung up on Kristen!

I agree that the funeral was unusual. Graveside services have become very popular here where I live but there is typically more to them than this one for Stefan. Maybe they didn't do more because not many were expected to show up.

I agree that Lani shouldn't have gone to the funeral. Why throw gasoline on a fire?

I don't like the Jordan stuff (especially stupid is the cupcake thing) and really can't stand to watch Brady and Kristen. The best part of the episode for me was Jack and Jennifer. I'm not much of a romantic but I thought their scenes were sweet and well done.

Back