Days of Our Lives - Thurs., Sept. 11, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Thursday, September 11, 2014

Clyde comes into Club TBD, orders a coffee. Ben serves it, but is very short with him. Clyde claims he came to see his son, but obviously Ben is not impressed, says he thought Clyde was leaving town. Nope, nice town, met nice people, thinks he will stick around near his kids. Ben says it is up to Jordan. Clyde says something about Jordan stealiing him, but Ben says no, she saved me. Talks about how easily Clyde took off his belt to beat him, but now, he is older, bigger, and if Clyde tries something, Ben will beat his butt. Clyde claims that Jordan did him a favor when she took Ben, opened his eyes, making him take a look at himself, and change. Ben doesn't believe a word, but Abby arrives, Clyde leaves.
Abby asks if he is o.k. Yep, he is now, since she is there. They leave, go to the park, with takeout. Ben wanted to take her somewhere else for sushi, but was no longer in the mood. She is fine with that, they talk a bit, kiss, he gets a call from Sonny, night manager is sick, he has to go fill in, close up, etc. Tis fine with her.

Clyde is in the park, when EJ and his goon come along. EJ tells his thug to pat Clyde down, Clyde objects, EJ starts to leave, Clyde changes his mind, lets the fellow pat his down, is clean. EJ asks the guy to make sure they are not disturbed, and then wants to know just why Clyde has been pursuing him. Clyde claims this is how he does business, but EJ wonders why Clyde wants to do business with him. In fact, why should EJ even let him live. LOL

Sami & EJ are having this very serious conversation at DiMansion, about how she will not listen to anyone or what they have to say about EJ or anybody else. She makes her own decisions, yada, yada, yada. He assures her again, he will protect her from his father, or anyone else, and then reminds her that she really doesn't need his help, that she has done it before and can handle Steano on her own. He leaves.

Will is in his apt., holding Ari and showing her pictures, talking of his siblings away at camp, wanting to send them cookies, but doesn't have the address, knows where to get it. Next he & Ari are visiting Sami, who is rather aloof. She sends the camp address to his phone, Will talks of missing his mom. She makes her speech about the article, how she may make mistakes, but when you love someone, you take the whole package, yada, yada. He is talking of the mom who protected him from a bully on the bus, when he was 6, she remembers that, repeats her "warts and all" mantra. She is holding Ari, who is looking rather sad on Sami's shoulder, but is quiet as Sami sort of rocks her back & forth. Will finally takes his leave, she thanks him for bringing Ari over. The door closes, she looks happy, and on the other side, Will tells Ari, he thinks that really went well.

Brady is with John, when Theresa appears outside the room, getting all nervous, along comes Anne. Theresa wonders why John is still there, Anne says paperwork between the hospital and other facility, takes Theresa into a waiting room, they talk about Brady. With Anne's encouragement, Theresa decides she will tell Brady about Kristen's threats, figuring he will get all protective. Out she goes, as Brady comes out of John's room. She wants to talk, takes him to the coffee room, but before she can tell him, he gets a call, has to go, and now Theresa is all upset again. Anne convinces her to just tell him later, drinks, a roaring fire. Theresa grins.....knows just the place.

Kristen runs into Marlena in the Square, proceeds to taunt and try to goad her about the miracle drug that SHE provided to help John. Marlena tries to leave at first, but listens, then says that perhaps Kayla & Daniel have decided the drug won't work, or Brady refuses to give permission (Kristen already taunted her about Brady being the next of kin, since Marlena threw John away) so then Eric will testify against Kristen and she will go to prison. LOL..they are even.
Kayla & Daniel are talking, have checked out the drug ingredients, want to try it, and call Brady to come to Dan's apartment. When he arrives, they tell him, show him the file. He is all for it, but they now mention Kristen's involvement. Knock, knock.....it is Marlena. She gets filled in, asks Brady what he thinks, and Brady is gung ho. They all troop off to the hospital.

Anne sees Kayla, asking where she has been, and wondering why John is still there, not transferred. Kayla tells her that since Anne is in Human Resources, John's treatment is no concern of hers, and walks off. Brady has signed paper work, Daniel is preparing the injection. Kayla, Daniel, Marlena & Brady are in John's room, Daniel injecting into the IV. Brady is talking to John, saying Come on, Dad.

Theresa is at the Kmansion, convincing Henderson that she was to meet Brady there. Henderson will let Brady know she is there, if he finds Brady, but really hasn't seen him. Theresa pours herself a drink, begins rehearsing aloud how she will tell Brady about Kristen threatening her.
And in walks Kristen, asking Theresa what she is doing there. Theresa replies she is there to tell Brady about Kristen threatening her. Brady isn't going to be happy, neither will Victor. Kristen smiles, doubts they will be unhappy with her, figures Brady is probably in John's room at the hospital, where the drug she brought is being administered. Oh, yes, and John will wake up and remember everything.
In true Days ever repeating fashion....Theresa drops her glass to the floor, it shatters, and she looks scared.

According to Kristen, what do wild horses, cream, mashed potatoes and EJ have in common - they're all WHIPPED. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I mentioned on twitter earlier that this should be a category on Jeopardy:
I'll take "Things that are whipped" for $300 Alex - The answer is "Samantha's husband" - Who is EJ Dimera?

Kristen has some of the best snark on DAYS and she's outrageous and this is what makes me LOVE the character. Her whipped comment to EJ and her beating Daniel with that mop bucket are so far my favorites of her return.

Thanks, Cryin.......I tried to remember that "whipped" comment as I was watching, wanting to quote it.
As for the show. I am truly tired of everyone dropping their glass when they get surprising news, or whatever. Days is overdoing that "bit".
Also, someone needs to speak to wardrobe, because the females' clothing in particular is getting worse and worse. Hated Theresa's dress today, and yes, I know some will have liked it.
I suppose we once more are going to be having everything dragged out forever til sweeps month. A lot of filler today.

EJ should be offended. Ben told him to leave because he was bad for business, but he served creepy Clyde. Speaking of EJ, it's rather amusing to see him trying to play the tough guy. Who does he think he is, Stefano? As for Jeannie T., it's remarkable that she can still function. She's currently pursuing a reluctant Brady, carrying her deep-dark secret about ComaJohn's injury, and has the constant uncertainty about whether he'll wake up and tell all. Throw in her nasty encounters with Eve and Kristen, and the badgering she gets from Anne Milbauer, it's remarkable that the brat girl hasn't collapsed into a blob of quivering jelly. What she needs is a no-stress relationship with the likes of slacker Rory who usually seems to have not a care in the world.

I think many of us have wondered that JS. Maybe Sami's kids attend some private academy that costs obscene amounts of money to attend and isn't on the same academic calendar as everyone else. You know we just have to come up with "sensible" scenarios to make sense of what we're seeing lol.

Take for instance the other day when Hope & Ciara were having breakfast at the pub and then we see she and Aiden dropping the kids off for the first day of school. Drop-off is usually around 7:30-8:00 am.

During this exact same time, Jen was throwing a "congrats on your 1st day" party for JJ and Paige. Abby was dressed and had managed to lock her and Ben in the storage closet. Eve is already lounging on a park bench as two "working girls" wander by looking for a quick score. Sami and Kate had managed to mosey over the jail to grill Rafe and Sami had returned home to confront EJ about the new evidence Rafe found.

Salem, that magical, mystical world, where up is down and midnight is lunch time.

Thanks for the summary.

I won't comment, as I'm so very, very tired of seeing Sami and EJ, Kristen (indeed, she had a funny line today, but she's so despicable, I can't tolerate her anymore), the dropping of the glass (I rolled my eyes so far back, I fell off my sofa, which was hard, since I was laying down on it !!!!), blah, blah, blah.

One small thing, lastly. Not important really, but it got on my nerves. Aside from the very, very stupid miracle drug storyline that only the Dimeras had access too (again : :rolleyes: ), why was Daniel injecting it ? Why not Kayla ? Does Dr. Dan have to be everywhere and do everything ? :rolleyes: It seemed Kayla constantly needed him to back her theories/findings, like she needed Dan's approbation. I know, she was merely consulting, but still... Like I said, a small thing that got on my nerves.

Oh, one last thing : baby Arianna : :love:

Kristen was only speaking the truth. Sami knows how desperate and obsessed EJ is to have her so she knows just how to yank him around to get him to do what she wants him to do for her. EJ is walking around with a leash around his neck that Sami is pulling, you just can't see it.

I enjoyed Kristen and her list of things being whipped too. I wonder what she'll
do when we see her again with Theresa.

We saw Henderson and heard Harold's name today.

I laughed when Anne told Theresa she should talk to Brady under a quilt
because Theresa's dress reminds me of one. Or something else that is
made with patches.

It was great when Kayla told Anne she was HR and it was non of her
business why John was still there

Nice to see Will take Arianna to visit Sami.

I wonder how long it will be before we know if the drug works for
John. I'm glad Brady knows part of the truth how they got the drug.

It was nice to see Will do something other then sulk in the apartment and take action to fix some of the damage done by the article debacle. Maybe he's realizing the world isn't just going to come to him although it had so far so maybe he was actually on to something.

I like Abigail and Ben so far but this is how I read their scene today

Ext: Park bench Abigail and Ben on park bench eating

Abigail: Ben, I loved my dad Jack but he was far from perfect so I can understand that you and Clyde.
Ben: Abigail, Clyde is NOTHING like Jack if you knew what he did.
Abigail: Then tell me.
Ben: Trust me you don't want to know.
Abigail: Yes I do.
Ben: You really don't,
Abigail: There is nothing you can't talk to me about.
Ben: Abigail, it will make your toe nails curl and your hair stand on end.
Abigail: That doesn't matter I care about you, what did he do to you?
Ben: Are you absolutely certain in the depths of your eternal and immortal soul that you really WANT TO KNOW?
Abigail: YES, I DO
Ben: Meh, I really don't want to talk about it.
Abigail: Oh, okay.
Abigail and Ben commence make-out session.

End Scene
The whole thing had me :rolleyes:

Giving the skill EJ showed in the employee/employer relations department with Clyde it's a wonder that all of Salem isn't flocking to work for the DiMeras. LOL

I wonder how long it will be before we know if the drug works for John. I'm glad Brady knows part of the truth how they got the drug.
The new drug will probably work after the weekend (seeing that it will be tomorrow's cliffhanger)...OR, it will work within 5 minutes of the injection!! I'm just wondering if John will sit up, pull out the air tube and shout Hallelujah!!

Thanks for the summary. I only saw the Theresa-Kristen scenes. I actually liked Theresa's dress, and so did my grandma. But other than that, boring show. Daniel having to do everything, the conversations that are always the same between Ben and Clyde and we still don't know the whole story, the stupidity of the 'golden couple', and Abigail and Ben never talking enough about his past, just aren't worth watching. And I agree with everyone saying people have been dropping glasses too much.

I LOVED Kristen's comment that EJ has been whipped by Sami :rotfl: . That was definitely the best line of the day. Kristen's confrontations with Marlena and Theresa were also good today, although Theresa dropping the glass at the end has definitely been overplayed on the show too much.

EJ needs to learn not to judge a book by its cover. He is underestimating Clyde and does not seem to realize how dangerous he is until it will probably be too late.

The biggest star of today's show was baby Arianna :love:. She looked so adorable cuddled up to Sami, as though the baby was tired, but those babies hardly ever cry. She's such a sweetheart.

The rest of the show was just meh :rolleyes:.

I just realized they wrote in episode about Clyde using a belt on Ben.
That's called "whipped" too and not funny. Maybe Kristen's joke wasn't
as funny as we thought because hitting anyone, man, woman, child,
animal is a bad thing.

Back