Days of Our Lives - Thurs. Sept. 2, 2010

@bookworm--in today's (Wednesday's) show, EJ was holding the gun in his RIGHT hand. Remember that when we see him holding the gun, that is a reflection in the mirror, which means it's a reverse image. The sequence of events is this: when he's first lying on the bed, he is holding Johnny's picture in his left hand as he has flashbacks. Then, when we see him holding the gun, it is in his right hand and he sort of holds it in both hands. In these scenes we are looking directly at him, i.e., not in the mirror. After we see him playing with the gun, the show cuts to commercial.

When we come back from commercial we see the gun in his hands and we see the reflection in the mirror, which shows the gun in his left hand (in the mirror). Then the next thing we see is Sami coming into the house and going upstairs. Commercial. When we return we see EJ lying on the bed with closed eyes and the gun in his right hand. I don't think there was an inconsistency, I think when he raised the gun to his head it was in his right hand.

Anyone want to take a bet it's a dream sequence? I know we see Sami getting out and then back in bed but that could be just to throw us off. Besides, EJ was breathing too much to have been dead before Sami came in.

Oh, don't worry. Dr. Dan, Dr. Nathan or maybe EJ's own sister, Dr. Lexie, will save him, and Sami will feel guilty and nurse him back to health. At least that's the way the story went the last time they ran it!

Thanks for the write up.

I'm interested on what Vic's answer to Maggie will be. Thanks for the follow up with Maggie suggesting that disturbing Isabella's remains will upset Brady. Why is she the only one to think of that? Why would Vic even allow that? Over the years, he has fondly remembered and talked to Isabella, that this whole story line is out of character for him. But, I've got faith that Vic knows what he's doing.

And, as much as I love Nicole, I can't wait to see some powerful scenes for her breakdown. I'm curious, though, as it seems like Daniel is ready to toss her on her bum after seeing that she's so emotionally upset and after she confessed to him what was going on. IDK, seems sort of heartless, but I might be reading it wrong.

About EJ - did anyone else notice that when Sami comes in the room, she's looking at EJ's right side and thinks he's sleeping. The camera then shows us EJ through a mirror, his left side, with the blood on his head. I'm thinking he was already shot when she entered the room and just didn't know it. Anyone else?

as much as I love Nicole, ... I'm curious, though, as it seems like Daniel is ready to toss her on her bum after seeing that she's so emotionally upset and after she confessed to him what was going on. IDK, seems sort of heartless, but I might be reading it wrong.

Nicole is a trouble magnet. She's been a 'bad influence' on gullible Chloe, she seriously injured Chloe in the past. Daniel's first priority is to protect Chloe, the baby (and himself, too). Having Nicole remain in their guestroom, poses an extreme danger to the rest of them. So, yes, kick her to the curb & put out the 'not welcome' sign!

Nicole is a trouble magnet. She's been a 'bad influence' on gullible Chloe, she seriously injured Chloe in the past. Daniel's first priority is to protect Chloe, the baby (and himself, too). Having Nicole remain in their guestroom, poses an extreme danger to the rest of them. So, yes, kick her to the curb & put out the 'not welcome' sign!

I agree that knowing people are trying to kill Nicole is reason to be concerned about the physical safety of Chloe and the baby and don't fault Daniel for putting their safety over Nicole's ... but the way he told Nicole she was a "bad influence" on Chloe irked me. It made it sound like Chloe is a child who makes bad friend choices and Daniel thinks it is his place to correct that for her. I don't like Daniel's general uppity attitude with Nicole, Chloe and everyone else.

aaah if only Sami knew to double tap. :)

:) My thoughts went along those lines as well - she's a cop's kid, surely Roman's mentioned double tapping. Then there's always my husband's advice - if you pull a gun, you'd better darn well be intending to kill someone - then it's two to the chest and one to the head, check for a pulse, repeat if neccessary.

Victor is head over heels for Maggie, but once again I don't see the bad guy changing his wicked ways for the love of a good women. And I'm afraid Maggie see's it also. Maggie was beautiful in her canary yellow outfit today.

Ari Zucker is a beautiful women, but I've never see her looking so gorgeous as when she is holding Sydney. Lighting or cameras Nicole truly loves Sydney, I wonder if she will have the same chemistry with the aged Sydney twins?

So this was the episode that many of us saw well before it aired.

I liked the conversation between Brady and Chloe because they acknowledged their history.

I decided that I do not like Daniel being Nicole's white knight. It doesn't fit his character. And so much for Nicole being a great houseguest, as she promised. Getting drunk, drinking from bottles, throwing things. She is a first-class disruption.

Gotta love Victor and Maggie. And John Aniston and Suzanne Rogers. Oh the chemistry. Aniston is a superb actor. You could see his whole demeanor change in an instant from being tender when speaking with Maggie, to getting stiff and stern when dealing with a business problem. Kudos.

Thanks for the "lovely" summary, Barb!

Gee, kpatch, never heard you use the word lovely before. :rotfl: Good one!

She's mellowing...lol!

yer right about Nicole ther KPatch...she could have done much worse on her own...how ungrateful of her.....regardless of what some of us may feel about Daniel he DID save her from ej and how does she pay him back....yelling, throwing thinks and drinking all their booze....seriously....if ever there was a time she should have been the better person was now.

Just watched today and have to say...man, I love Nicole.

Chloe looked absolutely breathtaking w/o all her make up today. She's gorgeous, but IDK, today she was radiating and beautiful!

Rafe thinking Sami was a pillow made me laugh.

Victor and Maggie-love it. A year ago I wouldn't have been so enamored! Love that she keeps him honest.

Stefano and Kate-man, I think Steffie is getting soft on Kate. I enjoy them as well.

Rafe not taking Nicole seriously-pft! putz

And I love that I'm hooked

Hi everyone - Long time lurker - this is my first post.....
First - Poirot - Thanks for the awsome write ups everyday!!! I look forward to reading them...

I just watched yesterdays episode.....Did anyone else notice when Sami holds up the gun and shoots EJ the camera zooms in and you just see her arm and the gun. She is wearing a long sleeve black shirt with a large watch that looks like a mans. In the next scene the camera shows her holding up the gun aiming at EJ (as if after she shot him) and there is no watch on her hand.....

Who else is wearing a black shirt and a watch????

Back