Days of Our Lives Thursday 10/2/14

S

Sparkster

EJ runs into Nicole. She asks if he’s happy with how Kristen got away with raping Eric. He claims he’s had nothing to do with his sister since she came back to town. Nicole says she’s not buying it. They go back and forth. He goes to leave but she says after all they put each other through, he got together with Sami, she with Eric, but now look at them. Neither could maintain a house plant much less keep a relationship together. He informs her that he and Samanther are back together and better than ever. Nicole says it’s quite predictable since Sami can’t be without a guy for 5 minutes. Rafe and Lucas seemed to have figured out her lunatic colors but EJ seems to have such low standards. She says he’s a charming, witty man, decent body, why Sami? He says it’s sad that she’ll never understand the type of love he and Sami share. She bursts out laughing and continues doing so, having to sit on the bench. She then starts mocking him and how stupid he sounded. She then says their love was so deep that he jumped into bed with Abigail and Sami had you arrested and stole your company out from under you and yet now she has you eating out of her hand again? He thinks she’s just bitter about the fact that she destroyed her relationship with Eric. She gets angry, talking about how Eric has more integrity than he’ll ever know. He now starts laughing at her saying she’s still in love with Eric. He says perhaps they can bury the hatchet and just be happy for each other, despite their past. She says they have been through a lot, Sydney, Sami, each other. He says she speaks with a lot of intensity about Eric so this must be very big for her. She doesn’t think it will ever work. He can’t believe she’s giving up that easily. She says as much as she loves Eric, multiply that by a gazillion, and that is how much Eric hates her. He thinks hate can be tempered. She doesn’t think so and can’t believe he’s encouraging her. She then asks if he’s sure Sami is the one as she’ll likely dump him again. He insists Sami is the one. He kisses her cheek goodbye.

Sami and Eric sit at the Pub. She tells him she’s back together with EJ. He doesn’t look happy. She understands how he feels about EJ but EJ hates that he hurt her and has done everything to make it up to her. She’s very happy with the family they’ve made. She tries to defend EJ’s actions re: Kristen to him. He says the affair with Abigail was what brought all this about, so what happened? She says it wasn’t easy but it was all about faith, something he should understand. She wants to know what he thinks. He says it doesn’t matter what he says because she’s already made her choice. He calls her his beautiful impossible sister and nothing she ever does could prevent him from loving her with his entire heart. They emotionally hug. He says his love for her is unconditional.

Kate tells Jordan about her date with Clyde. Jordan tells Kate she has no idea what game she’s playing now. Kate goads her on getting her all riled up. She tells Jordan Clyde just wants to make things right with his children but Jordan says she has no idea what she’s talking about. Kate thinks Jordan is still hung up on the relationship between Kate and Rafe. She tells Jordan to just forgive Rafe. Jordan calls her a colossal B. Jordan tells Kate Clyde is exactly the kind of man Kate deserves so go for it.

JJ and Paige are getting hot and heavy but he stops saying his mother or sister could walk in at any moment. Paige thinks it’s because he has more experience than her. She just wants to be closer to him. She wonders if it’s about her mom. He says no. She asks about the Kayla situation. She knows it must be a painful topic, keeps going on and on about it. He tries to stop her. He then recalls his conversation with Jennifer about finding out Jack raped Kayla. She can see something is really bothering him. He then covers saying that it’s about Eve and the horrible things she said to him earlier. Paige is upset and says she’s going to go have it out with her mother. JJ gets a call/text and says he’s got to go, ushering Paige out the door.

Jennifer accosts Eve at her apartment. They argue about JJ. Eve says her daughter deserves better than Jennifer’s son. They go back and forth about the stupid pictures. Eve then brings up Jack and what a train wreck he was, like father like son. Jennifer defends Jack’s honor. Eve then goes on about Abigail’s transgressions, then goes back to harping on Jack and all the horrible things he did to Jen. She calls Jen a masochist who loved all the pain Jack inflicted on her. Jennifer slaps Eve. Jen says she will not stand there and listen to Eve say one more negative thing about her children or Jack ever again. She then warns her to stay away from JJ or else. She leaves. Later Paige returns home and lays into her mother about going after JJ. They argue back and forth about JJ and the set up and pictures. Eve doesn’t believe anything Paige has to say, keeps pouring on the negativity about JJ. She says Paige is a smart girl, what has JJ done that has her so snowed by him. She says her eyes are wide open now and knows it’s all about Eve and her hatred for Jennifer. Eve tries to convince her JJ is a liar and thief and just like his father. Paige isn’t having it and storms out of there.

Jen returns home to a quiet contemplative JJ. She thinks it’s about Eve. She knows about Eve confronting him earlier and she told Eve to stay away from him. JJ doesn’t really say much. She can see he’s really bothered and asks what it is. He says he’s in trouble and not sure what to do about it. He loves Paige so much he’s not sure what he’d do without her. She thinks something else is going on. He still claims it is Eve. He doesn’t want her fighting his battles, doesn’t want her worrying about him. She gets a call and leaves the room. JJ picks up a picture of Jack and says he wants to tell his mother about this but isn’t sure he fully understands it himself.

Ben and Abigail at the hotel begin to kiss, clothes coming off, and they make love. They bask in afterglow, reminisce about first meeting. She thinks they had an instant attraction. They eat fruit and drink wine in bed. She doesn’t ever want to leave the room. More pillow talk, more kissing. They’ll have to do this again sometime, and again and again. He wishes he could afford a better place but she says saving for school is important. They go for round two.

Later at the mansion, Kate is sitting there having a martini. EJ walks in. She says Sami isn’t there. He tells her it’s time she start packing her things and moving out. He makes a snide parting remark and leaves the room. Kate makes a call to Chad about some info re: his father.

Sami and Nicole run into each other. Sami says even Nicole can’t ruin her good mood. Nicole wishes Sami and EJ to be as happy as they were the last time, what is this round 101?

Thanks for the write up, Sparkster. What is JJ not sure about telling his mother about? Paige's conversation? Or was he alluding to something in his past, perhaps at boarding school? A fear that he may do to Paige what Jack did to Kayla? Afraid of turning out like Jack? I haven't seen it yet, so just wondering.

Because krw627, that would mean the writers would know the full history of the character they brought in. And we all know that the writers rarely make sense from day to day, scene to scene on the stuff they write, let alone what was written years ago, possibly before some of the current crop of writers were even born.

JJ wants to tell his mother about what Paige overheard Kayla say, and then ask his mother the specifics. How & why his dad would have done such a thing, and what happened after. They really have not talked about it at all, so he doesn't understand what went on.

Ba BOOM. Cue ominous music.

Too much to hope that Eric's on his way out of town? Tired of this guy!!!

I'm going to enjoy the EJ/Nicole scenes, I'm sure. I love her, she's the voice of reason this week.

As for JJ and Pai........sorry, fell asleep there. What a dumb way to resurrect a rivalry that died with the hair bands in the 1980s. I can only hope all this consternation about Jack's 30-year-old rape is leading somewhere for the other, more recent rapes, and not just to cause trouble for this lame couple. I will say that Casey Moss (JJ) is doing a fantastic job with all his material, no matter how poor it can be.

I will have to say, I am so NOT a fan of Eve, however, what she said to Jennifer today was spot on! Jen as a teenager was not perfect, her husband was far from perfect, and her kids have certainly proved that the apples don't fall far from the tree, So Eve calling her out was called for in that moment. krw627 have I have to agree that someone needs to remind Eve that her past is as messed up as Jen's!

Thanks for the summary! Good show! I saw this one on YouTube, but I admit I FF'd the Sami-Eric scenes and most of JJ-Paige and Jordan, and a bit of Ben-Abby.
The lovemaking scenes were a bit weird, but not completely nasty and tasteless like other recent examples. I like Abby with Ben.

Kate sticking it to Jordan was funny. But I still am not too invested in that storyline--I was more interested in her scenes with EJ, and that mysterious phone call at the end.

LOVED Nicole's scenes with Sami and EJ today. Her snark about his romp with Abigail was fantastic, and what she said about Sami burning bridges with Lucas and Rafe, and not being able to be single, was spot on! Guess the writers read these boards and used our opinions on that hussy.

I also really liked Jennifer and Paige telling off Eve, even if what Eve said about Jennifer & Jack was true, for the most part. Otherwise, JJ & Paige was nap time for me.

Sami and Eric scenes about her 'twoo wuv' with EJ was :sick:

Thank you Poirot. In answer to muzzaman's question.....Yes I think that was what he meant at the end, that he just didn't fully understand the whole thing about Jack raping Kayla and how that related to him now. At least that's what I got from it. It was like he was very tentative about telling Paige the truth about the situation but also didn't quite know how to talk to his mother about it either. I think JJ is worried he is doomed to repeat his father's mistakes.

Thanks Sparkster for the summary. I'm surprised you didn't fall asleep.

I enjoyed EJ and Nicole's conversation because I enjoyed them as
a couple. They made each other laugh.

I'm glad JJ wants to tell Paige what Jack did. I was afraid Eve
was going to say something today about it.

Kate called Chad at the end and says she knows something about EJ.
I wonder what she knows and why would Stefano be interested.

Jennifer and Eve: What a waste of 2 talented actresses. I am convinced this show just brings on "name" actors now thinking their fanbases will follow them leading to higher ratings. Regardless of the storyline. We've seen it now with Eve, Kristen, etc.

Jennifer did have nerve coming into Eve's apartment and shutting the door though

Abigail/Ben/Paige/JJ: I tuned out the majority

EJ has more chemistry with Abigail and Nicole than he ever has had with Samantha

I'm really annoyed that EJ's only misdeed now seems to be the affair, as evidenced by the conversation between the twins today. I did think it was cute that Sami called Eric her "little brother". I had forgotten that.

My interest in this show declines significantly by the day.

Because krw627, that would mean the writers would know the full history of the character they brought in. And we all know that the writers rarely make sense from day to day, scene to scene on the stuff they write, let alone what was written years ago, possibly before some of the current crop of writers were even born.

Eve made mention of her past when she was hiring the girl to set up JJ. Something about I've been where you are before.

Eve may have had a point today about Ms. Priss being a masochist. Silly Jen Jen charges into Eve's apartment for one of her classic rants only to get a very predictable earful from the very uncowed Ms. Larson. Give it up, Jenny. Save your silly outbursts for Dr. McScuffy who might even listen. That said, it was not a good day for Eve. First she has to listen at close range while Jen Jen blows off steam and then she gets stuffed by her daughter, meaning the $2,000 she spent on her absurd plot against JJ was money tossed down the Salem sewer. Finally, Sami must have been too busy tormenting and then reuniting with her "changed" smoochy-moochy to notice a basic truth about her twin. That sourpuss look that he had on his face while at the Pub didn't mean he was upset -- he always looks that way.

Despite the silliness of Jen chasing Eve all the way to and into her apartment, I just wish Jen would have thrown the insults right back at Eve. She could have recited a list of Eve's transgressions, while noting that she feels she raised a great daughter despite her life and lifestyle. So why pick on JJ?

I think JJ is worried he is doomed to repeat his father's mistakes

I believe you are right. And it is a great storyline to tackle.

But, again, I can't get invested in it when we have another rapist on the show who seems to be fine with it now. Wouldn't it be more logical if someday, Johnny had to deal with the way he was conceived (not that in real life, I would wish that on a kid) ? But alas, that's never going to happen, as apparently, the writers seem to think some rapes are O.K., others are not. :sick:

And, no offense to the ones who do like/love Sami and EJ together. I'm well aware this is a sensitive topic. I'm just pointing out something that makes no sense to me when it comes to the writers and their storylines.

But to get back on point, I do wonder if it's really necessary for Paige to know about Jack. JJ can very well deal with this with Jennifer's help (if she can focus for more than two seconds), even with Kayla's help. But this is absolutely none of Paige's business. I still say this girl should get fired for even repeating such a conversation.

Thanks for the summary.

Off topic & from a storyline perspective not real life perspective, it took over a decade for the Bill Horton raping Laura resulting in Michael Horton to be exposed. In that time both Tom Sr & Laura were fine with keeping the secret in order to keep the Horton brothers from fighting. I'm just saying, this isn't the 1st time even though that was ages ago & with an upstanding Salemite like Tom Sr could keep his son raping his other son's wife a secret, going to great lengths to do so, I can cut some slack to Marlena & others.

I'm not feeling this Eve character in any way. Even for Eve this whole coming back to Salem has been a huge dud to me.

I don't think Paige needs to know, though with Eve running around Salem bashing Jack and JJ every chance she gets, the danger is Paige will find out from someone else and think JJ was hiding it from her for some nefarious reason :rolleyes: I don't like the way she asked JJ about it. It would have been one thing to say, "I overheard this, I wasn't sure how to bring it up with your aunt or whether I even should, is she okay, she seemed so together but I wasn't sure?" It's another to act like a gossip magazine columnist who needs to know the details for no real reason.

Anyway, some great acting from Casey Moss (JJ) as usual. I really felt for him in those scenes, and it aggravated me that Jen took a phone call in the middle of talking to him. Since I volunteer on a suicide hotline, JJ's comment about "You won't have to worry about me anymore" raised a red flag for a second there. As JJ's mother and knowing what kind of problems he's had in the past, Jen should have been super concerned, especially since she panics over every little thing that happens with JJ and he was clearly going through something major. I do think he's worried that he will be like Jack, especially because last time he didn't hear Paige the first time she said stop.

I liked also that Paige was pushed enough by the situation to finally stand up to Eve and I hope it stays that way; no more doubting and wishy-washy behavior because someone said something stupid about JJ.

But by far my favorite moment of the show had to do with none of that. I loved seeing Nicole have regained enough confidence from her conversation with EJ (even if it was EJ and not someone I'd rather see supporting her) to just walk away from Sami instead of having yet another pointless fight with her. :clap::clap::clap:

Back