Days of our Lives - Thursday, April 4, 2024

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
42 minutes of pure joy and excitement. Who am I kidding? Lots of whining today.

Kate is trying to cheer up Lucas; she brought snacks and books. Lucas wants to binge watch Yellowstone, but he will read the books she brought. He now looks forward to Vespers. Just a few months ago he had no idea what Vespers were/was.

Alex is at the tiny bar, Marlena walks in they discuss why Kristen and Alex have hooked up.

Establishing shot of the townhouse. Tate, without the hated ankle monitor, is so happy to be home. He wants to go out and be around people. He wants a Buddy’s Burger with onion rings and the special ranch dipping sauce. His parents are destroyed, they thought Tate would want to spend the evening with them.

At the DiMansion, Nicole is sitting in the living room, Holly has been “sent” into the living room by Harold. Rut roh.

Alex gets his panties in a twist that Marlena thinks Kristen isn’t attractive. Marlena thinks it’s something else.

Paulina comes in, Marlena was waiting for her. Paulina thinks Alex needs help so she hopes he is Marlena's patient. She complains of her low iodine diet.

Lucas whines that his sentence wasn’t ended when Weston escaped.

Tate is upset that his parents think one of friends might be Holly Jonas. For just tonight can I go out? He promises 1000% he is not going to see Holly Jonas. Brady gives him money and Tate leaves.

Nicole asks Holly so what do you think should happen? Holly said she figures she’d have been grounded by now. Nicole wanted to think things through, she didn’t want to come from a place of anger. She wants Holly to understand how all of this was just to protect her.

Lucas and Kate continue to discuss how Lucas almost got killed helping Harris.

Paulina is only allowed one drink a day, but tonight she’s having two. She whines about her cancer treatment and is worried about the isolation for the upcoming treatment.

Nicole tells Holly she needs to write a letter to Tate telling him how sorry she is to have caused him this pain.

Alex runs into Tate at the park, Alex is worried that Tate might have escaped. Tate explains that he’s been freed, and Alex doesn’t have to pretend he even likes him.

Brady and Theresa whine about Tate not spending time with them. Theresa is worried about taking over Tate’s room. Brady tells Theresa she can just sleep in his bed.

Paulina continues talking, this time it’s about her near-death experience. In case you missed Paulina dying, she starts to explain the entire thing,

Alex tells Tate that Theresa is the one who dumped him, not the other way around. Alex asks Tate since Theresa was crashing in his old room, where is she going to sleep now?

Theresa and Brady discuss where Theresa is going to sleep. She's going to move out.

Nicole and Holly continue to have a how long were you using drugs conversation? This is an After School Special conversation. Nicole asks Holly if she’s been drinking too? Holly cops to drinking, she claims it was only two glasses. Nicole wants to trust Holly but she can’t.

Lucas and Kate continue to discuss Lucas’ predicament. Kate knows Clyde very well, he's is all about revenge.

Oh goody, Paulina is continuing with her near-death experience. Paulina believes Marlena, the woman possessed by the devil twice, been declared dead numerous times, will think Paulina is crazy. She tells of Lexie dropping by. Paulina thinks that now she might have some extrasensory perception due to seeing Lexie and hearing Kate’s voice from the urn at the Pub. Marlena goes hmmmm.

Tate tells Alex he doesn’t know where his mother will be living. Alex and Tate discuss how mature Tate is, more so than Alex.

Theresa and Brady discuss fighting for Tate was much better than fighting against each other. Theresa is working remotely since she broke it off with Alex. She has magically packed while we were visiting Lucas and Kate, and Paulina and Marlena. Theresa grabs her suitcases and leaves.

Holly thinks that she should be free. Nicole says therapy first and if your therapist thinks you need more, then we will do what the therapist suggests. Holly refuses to go to rehab. Nicole says it’s not an option, if your therapist says you need it. Holly throws Nicole’s past in her face. Nicole takes Holly’s car keys and phone.

Marlena cheers Paulina that she can come visit. She can wear the suit and see her. Paulina wants to talk about what’s going on in Marlena’s life. Paulina turns it around to be about her. Then back to Marlena.

Theresa and Alex run into each other at the town square. Alex tells of running into Tate and sending a message to her. They discuss Theresa’s sleeping arrangements. Alex said we started this arrangement as platonic, we can return to that.

Shocking!! Holly is upset that Nicole wants her to hand over her phone. Holly throws everything at Nicole: Daniel dying before she was born, Eric being her dad till Nicole screwed that up, EJ who doesn’t give a damn about her unless he can score PR points, Nicole purchased the phone when Holly was 10 so she could order food and clothing, so Nicole didn’t have to be a mommy.

Nicole goes to slap Holly, but stops and wants the phone. Holly hands over her phone but not the password. Nicole only wants it so Holly won’t call her dealer. Holly laughs in Nicole’s face, so Nicole brings up Holly interfering with Johnny and Chanel. It seems you always want what you can’t have, just like me. Nicole tells Holly she loves her, then leaves to go to bed. Holly should go to bed too.

Paulina and Marlena are eating carrots and celery, while they talk and laugh.

Lucas continues to whine about being trapped at the monastery. Kate tells him not much longer.

Brady looks at a picture of Tate, Theresa and himself, then tells himself to not to go there.

Alex still wants Theresa to move in. Theresa tells him he’s dating Kristen she doesn’t want a hit put out on her, and that Alex is a bazzilionaire so why does he need a roommate? Theresa then caves, she will move in with Alex.

Tate comes into the living room to see Holly, via the French doors, and they kiss, (so much for the 1000% not going to see Holly pledge). Nicole comes down to talk with Holly again and Tate slips back through the never locked French doors. Nicole talks of fighting for Holly, always.

In my opinion, anvils crashing down regarding Theresa and Brady ,as well as Nicole and Eric

Kristen is probably going to freak out about Theresa. Maybe Clyde can put Kristen 6 feet under. I am sooooo over her.

I liked Nicole taking a HARD line with Holly. Days actually did something REALISTIC. She will probably get to see Marlena. I do hope Holly has to prove herself to gain privileges

Happiest part of today's episode was no Ejerk.

Maybe Tate's ankle monitor was removed too soon.
Not really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holly throws everything at Nicole: Daniel dying before she was born, Eric being her dad till Nicole screwed that up, EJ who doesn’t give a damn about her unless he can score PR points
This is why I hate SORAS. Although I'm glad Daniel's even more dead than before.

Brady is an idiot for giving Tate money. Also, this contradicts his earlier story. Also, Tate is an idiot for lying to his dad and for continuing to be involved with selfish spoiled Holly. I find myself once again calling for the extermination of all in the Jonas line.
Edited to Add: My comments are in the quote box for some reason. I am responding to the summary.

Last edited:
Thank you, Robin. A longer show with not much happening.

Poor isolated Lucas. How will this storyline end on a good note for him?

Holly should have taken Tate's place at the rehab. Nicole is being too nice to her. Hate her sneaking around with Tate, and does no one learn their lesson? When she threw Nicole's life in her face, she went way too far. Just because she fessed up to the champagne does not mean she is truly sorry for her misdeeds, nor does it mean she won't display bad behavior again. And, please, no teen pregnancy!

Enjoyed Paulina and Marlena. I am surprised Paulina told Marlena about Lexie.

Is Theresa back at Alex's because she remembered that she is still in cahoots with Konstantin, or does she really want to be there?

There was no clear motivation as to why Theresa went with Alex, she was almost rubbing up against him like a cat in heat when they were talking so perhaps she like it when her body tingles when a boy pays attention to her?? Or the fact that her job running the magazine doesn't pay well enough to spend nights at the Salem Inn? the real answer is DUH PLOT.

Really Brady, you can't say I'll sleep on couch, take my bed. I'm kind of getting used to new Theresa. I like the original better but it's nice having Theresa around.

I kind of liked that Tate lit into Alex.

Paulina, Marlena was the devil, she will believe whatever you tell her.

So glad that Holly was honest with Nicole about drinking. I know she's pretty mad to have her phone taken away, but she was pretty mean to Nicole. Maybe some things were true. We don't know because we didn't see Holly at age 10. I think Nicole has always been good mom. She didn't drive Eric away. Eric left to go help people in Africa. He cared about them more than Nicole and Holly.

Pity poor Nicole for having to deal with such a problem daughter. Does she ever get nostalgic for when her only family consisted only of cute little Pookie?

Considering how his life has gone in the past (e.g., Sami), Lucas might want to consider getting some peace by joining the monastic order. If he likes vespers, he might also get into high mass, benediction, and stations of the cross.

Brady is just loaded with tact — Tater Tot makes his long awaited return home and the clueless wonder suggests that he sleep on the couch. If he’d been around when the Titanic survivors arrived in New York, he’d probably have directed them to the nearest park benches.

Thanks, robin.

It's the same night <yawn>

How many more times will we have to hear the story of the bright light and Lexie's spirit? I thought
Abe and Paulina agreed not to tell anyone. Someone should tell Lady Whistleblower and then
everyone will know.

Does Holly know how her father died? They keep bringing up him for a reason.

Poor, poor Lucas. He doesn't have wifi so he can't watch Yellowstone and has to read books instead.

Poor, poor Holly. She's grounded without her phone and car. Will someone drive her to school?

How long will it be before Alex and Theresa are back together as friends with benefits?

The DiMera mansion security is working as always. Not. Tate just walked in the door without knocking.

To be fair, she was an infant when that happened. She probably also doesn't remember when Kristen had her kidnapped and pretended she was killed with the kidnappers in a car accident.

2d19d28a4e13a4dc0424d436004fb33f.jpg

Back