Days of Our Lives - Thursday, Dec 18th, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Episode #10,898

Melanie is protesting her firing to Philip, who could care less. She goes on about the millions it could make, Philip tells her no dice, she is fired, clear out her desk and leave. Mel is shocked, and reluctantly gathers her things together, dumping the entire candy jar into her purse first. Philip & Stephanie are not around as she does this, begins to leave, then gets an idea, goes back, calling Victor. He is not in, she pretends she is Chelsea, learns where he is, and next…..we see her at the Pub, apologizing to Caroline for not coming forward sooner about what happened with her father in the cemetery, so that Caroline would not have been arrested. Caroline is very forgiving, (gad, I cannot stand the smirk on Mel’s face, she doesn’t even LOOK apologetic) and we see Vic in the background on the phone. Victor comes over to pay for the soup, Caroline smiles, says it is on the house, Melanie pushes Caroline out of the way to eagerly stretch out her hand to Victor, introducing herself. Victor is puzzled, Caroline explains this is Max’s sister, the light bulb goes on as Vic remembers Philip recently hired her. Melanie breaks the news she was just fired today, and when Vic asks why, chatters about Philip not wanting the millions she could have made the company. Victor is supposed to go visit Kate, but has a few minutes, so takes her on the side to hear all about it.

Back at Titan, Stephanie is stapling some papers together with Phil’s help, both glad Mel is not there. Phil comments how she was always interrupting them, lol. They are talking, the lights go out, seems Titan’s “green” effort is for all lights out at 8 p.m. Before you know it, Philip and Stephanie are up close and personal, locking lips, several times. Suddenly the lights go on, there stands Victor, who wants to speak to Philip alone. Stephanie leaves, Phil says he will meet her at the Pub later. Now Victor lights into Philip for firing Melanie, losing the project. They argue as Phil tries to explain what a conniving and manipulative troublemaker Melanie is, but Victor berates him, as this is business. Phil again says that if Mel is involved there would be nothing but trouble, but Victor is giving him a hard time. Phil is fed up, telling Victor he is always overriding his decisions, Vic says cuz you are an idiot, Phil thinks Victor really WANTS him to fail, has had enough…….enough of Victor, of Titan, of the job. And quits! He leaves, with a stunned Victor looking on.

Back at the Pub, Stephanie is happily having some of Caroline’s chicken soup, Melanie comes up, gloating over her talk with Victor, and insinuating she will soon be back at Titan. Steph cannot believe she went behind Phil’s back, but oh, yes, she did.

John comes out of Dr. Taylor’s office, with him trying to get her to say how she will be spending the holidays, while she just makes the next appt. for Dec. 26th, wishing him a Merry Christmas. She goes in her office, as Marlena comes out of hers. John wants her help, complaining how Dr. Taylor listens to him go on and on about his life, bobbing her head like a bobble toy, but never saying a word about herself. Marlena is smiling, John asks why, she tells him that when they first met, he said the same thing about her. Now she talks of Christmas, how Eric will be staying in Colorado, Sami, well who knows when they will see Sami again, the twins will be with their fathers, Will is staying with Carrie & Austin……..so, would John perhaps like to spend Christmas with her. He says he has to run it by Dr. Taylor first, asks Marlena what she knows about her…….Marlena was only a student of the father, did not know him socially. John leaves, but later returns to ask Dr. Taylor if he should spend the holidays alone, or with friends and family. Typical shrink response (why do I picture Bob Newhart saying these words…) whatever makes you comfortable. LOL John says something about getting the feeling Blondie is not too happy with him seeing Dr. Taylor, but Charlotte replies she just talked to her, and she was very nice. John replies that Blondie is always nice.

Sami is wrapping a package, as Rafe comes along, asking if that is the penguin. She says she can’t wait to see them open it, but her voice trails off. Rafe feels his identity has been compromised, he cannot go out at all, as the killer could follow him back here, time to get her a new guard. Sami has a fit, everyone always leaves her, Will, Lucas, Brandon, EJ. Rafe comments that it always comes back to EJ, they argue, (we have heard it before), he talks to his boss, evidently deciding to stay on the job so Hilda can have the holidays off. He tells Sami he has 66 days vacation coming, seems he never takes any, admits he has family out of town. He spots a gift under the tree with his name on it, wondering how that was managed. They talk a bit more, she goes to bed.

EJ has run into Daniel at the hospital, learning Nicole was there, and has changed doctors. He figures out where she is. Nicole is in with Dr. Baker, astonished that he wants $750,000 to lie for her. He starts to leave the office, Nicole rushing after him, bumping into EJ, who wants to know what she is doing there. She claims an appointment with Dr. Baker, EJ asks if he is her doctor now, Dr. Baker says that remains to be decided, and leaves. Now EJ and Nicole get into a big hassle. He cannot believe she left such a renown physician like Dr. McSleezy, to comes to this backwoods doctor in the middle of no where. Nicole claims Dr. Baker did all he could when she ran into trouble, she trusts him, he saved her baby’s life. Yada, Yada. She claims she doesn’t trust Vic’s godson, EJ talks of other doctors at Salem U. but she brings up Kayla, whom she claims badmouthed EJ to her. This upsets EJ. Nicole really plays him now, talking of people not liking the father of her baby, so she needs to be with someone she trusts. EJ mentions in passing his father, and he has taken care of that situation. Nicole is not so sure……. Now they get into a conversation about trust, and she complains she doesn’t have a ring or anything that makes her confident she & her baby will be o.k. EJ says it is time to tell her, and confesses he set up a 1 million dollar trust fund. Nicole’s eyes light up, until she realizes that she cannot touch the money herself. She is crestfallen, again accusing EJ of just needing her to be an incubator. Dr. Baker returns, surprised they are still there. EJ is a bit upset, but tells him that he will be Nicole’s doctor. They leave, Nicole smiles saying she will be making her next appt. Baker tells her it should be soon.

Nicole is in her bedroom, in a robe, a knock at the door. She opens to find EJ, gifting her with a single rose. She thanks him, he says he is sorry if he hasn’t made things clear. She & the baby mean the world to him, he loves her, and is tired of sleeping in separate bedrooms. . He wants to hold her in his arms all night long.

Barb

Thanks for the write up. I missed the show yesterday. Bet the look on Nicole's face was worth a 1000 words.

Yeah, and I don't have that much space.......lolol
More so.......if anyone wanted to strangle Melanie before....stand in line for today.

I have to admit I am liking Mel more and more. She is such a little go getter. I like the laughs I get form some of the things that she does. Molly is playing her great.

Thanks for the write up Poirot!

@DJM--I agree about Mel. Like her or not you have to give her credit for not giving up. Her father died, she doesn't have a mother or any other family except Max, she's broke and living with someone who doesn't like her but she never gives up.

It will be nice to see some Victor and Caroline scenes. I wish TPTB would just let them be together already!!

Didn't Victor fire Philip (or Philip quit) not too long ago?

The John and Marlena scenes sound good. Maybe Marlena is thawing a bit?

I'm already tired of the Nicole and EJ story.

More so.......if anyone wanted to strangle Melanie before....stand in line for today.

I'm with you, she is making me crazy I just want to pop her one. I've tried so hard to like her, but to me it's nails on a chalk board.

I finally got to watch a show yestertday. I so wanted to slap that smirk off Melanie's face. If I watched on a daily basis my blood pressure would be sky high. She is such a witch.

Well here we go again with Philip and Victor. What was Vic thinking calling his son an idiot? He certainly didn't win any daddy points there. If I was Philip I'd quit too.

Thanks for the writeup, Barb. Been out finishing up my Christmas shopping today. Getting ready to watch the show now. I am a huge Victor fan but I have to side with Philip on this one! I have to wonder what Victor would do if Melanie were in his face each day, and also maybe insulting Caroline????

OMG, I Hate Melanie!!!

Thank goodness for my DVR, because I can NOT stand the scenes with Melanie in them so I must FF through all of them. Molly must be a good actress to make me hate a character so much!
What on earth is up with Victor that he would want to do business with such an annoying little trouble making tramp? Let's see, Philip served 2 tours of duty in the Marines and doesn't have enough sense to see trouble from a 17 year old lunatic???? Give him a little credit there Vic!

And, honestly, if I have to watch one more uneducated loser become a millionaire and executive on television I am going to throw a brick through the screen. (My hubby should love that!)

Ok, I feel better now that I have all that off my chest....
:)

Many thanks for the summary, Poirot.

I don't understand why Melanie's ownership of Nick's intellectual property would give her any power at Titan. She should sell it, or at least part of it. Then Titan would have to get a manufacturer to produce the actual device, market it, etc. It just seems very unrealistic that everyone would be getting so excited about it. I thought that Titan wanted to fund the project rather than buy the project. If anyone out there understands all this, kindly explain.

I thought it was a great episode. I loved the interaction between Philip and Stephanie. It was cute that she realized she was "overexposed" and tried to cover up, while Philip tried not to notice. Hey, they finally kissed! :hot: Was that hot or what? Unfortunately, Victor interrupted.

Kpatch, I don't know much about the business world but I also had wondered why Melanie would now be able to exert so much power at Titan. I've thought that Victor and his company are already billionaires many times over and haven't understood why Melanie would now seem to think she controls a large portion of the company.

And all they have is an option to produce it........AND, there has been no prototype made since Nick JUST worked out the "kinks". Sure is rather weird.

AND, she would not see one cent of profits until well after everything gets going. I don't know much about engineering breakthroughs.....but if Nick invented this, then when it is put into production, someone has to be around to answer questions, etc. and it sure as heck won't be this 18 yr. old high school dropout.

The name of the game is greed. People with money can never have enough. Victor is not going to turn down a chance to make a profit. He will figure out a way to rein Melanie in a bit and do damage control. Victor exudes firm authority figure and probably wont have too much trouble considering all the women in his life he has had to deal with. He might even admire her go getter attitude and mentor her especially now that Philip has quit. Wont that frost Philip's behind!!

I am so not liking how things are going with Nicole. She is digging herself a deeper hole day by day. How is she going to be in the same bed with EJ and not be found out.

It looks as if Rafe's time with Sami is limited.

It also looks like John is cruising for women and is interested in Dr Taylor too. How they end up fixing John and Marlena this is beyond me.

Thanks for the write up Barb!

Back