Days of Our Lives - Thursday, February 9, 2023

This was supposed to be part of sweeps? Yuck. I guess we're just going to get bed hopping and that's about it.

Now we are getting bad Xander again. I don't like it. I want him back with Gwen but NOT for evil deeds. Or is that ALL they can do together?
I don't like it either. I think being the bad guys could be ok but it crosses some sort of likeable line when even your own family hates you. I suppose Xander will always have Maggie but she comes across as sort of stupid in her support.

Xander may have gotten or is about to get the paper from Jack..... but he may actually be able to run it successfully and increase readership.... if so that could come to some interesting conflicts for him when it comes to publishing items....(yes, I know I am actually thinking this writing crew could actually put together stories that are interesting, compelling and cohesive, a girl can hope)

Not thrilled with the Lady Whistledown rip off from Bridgerton but then again these folks rip off everyone poorly so why should this be any different and it give Leo a chance to do something besides lust after folks he can work and lust after folks....

Would a lawyer, jury, judge wonder just WHY Gwen did not report Jen immediately, but instead waited all these months? I mean, she is hale & hearty, no repercussions, lives a good life, so she was not harmed permanently in any way.

I think Perry Mason would have a lot of fun if he was Jen's atty, Monk & those others mentioned elsewhere would also have a great time.
Poirot,

I no longer recall the details of the Gwen-Jenny incident, but it would seem that the ship has sailed on any case against Jenny. After all this time, what evidence does Gwen have to support her claims? The same goes for a civil suit. Even shyster Sloan would be telling her to give it up.

To tell the truth, I don't recall the details either......(it was last September) but as far as I know, Gwen said she only saw headlights, did not see driver (this is near the police station)

Jennifer had been taking someone else's pills, getting them refilled. She says can't believe she drove after taking them, but had said she drove to the cop shop.

Evidently the assumption was ....thus.....Jen hit & run Gwen.

Poirot, the best evidence would have been Jenny’s damaged car with Gwen’s blood on it. Absent that, the case is unprovable. It;s like the “Great Gatsby,” when Daisy accidentally ran down Myrtle Wilson. Gatsby hid the damaged car and when he, the only real witness, was killed that was it. Daisy got away with it and was free to live the millionaire’s life with husband Tom the boorish polo player.

Back