Days of our Lives - Thursday, March 28, 2024

ShaunP(not ShawnD!)

Reaction score
35 minutes today, pretty much entirely about Jude’s christening

DiMansion:
Staff is decorating the place as Nicole walks in. A distracted EJ doesn’t notice her at first, claiming he was thinking about Stefan. They are about to leave for the church, when Holly comes in wearing a robe and says she’s not going.

Town Square:
Leo, wearing an obnoxiously loud pinkish suit, runs into Melinda and asks how she is doing? She says he’s a bit overdressed for work at the Spectator. He says Lady Whistleblower is playing hooky and as Melinda begins to walk away, he stops and asks where is her christening gift? It would be poor form for the godmother to show up empty-handed. But he may have the fix.

Peterson-Brady apartment: (“the role of Sloan will be played by Natasha Hall” appears at the bottom of the screen). Eric and Sloan are getting things ready. Eric is bursting with happiness, Sloan is not as excited. She’s worried and uncomfortable about the reception at the DiMansion. She’s trying to be OK with everything, but every time she sees Nicole, all she thinks about is the kidnapping.

Brady Pub: Theresa and Brady are eating breakfast and they joke about the term godfather. Brady does his best impression of the movie, which Theresa says is not bad. Maybe she should bring some cannolis. Theresa calls Tate to tell him she’s going to visit him after the christening, then Brady will visit after the party. Tate asks if they will see Holly? Flashback to Brady and Theresa’s conversation in the Square. Theresa says he should be focusing on his schoolwork and not the girl who got him into this mess.

Establishing shot of city/apartment building. John and Marlena are getting ready. Marlena helps with John’s tie and they talk about when he got that tie. Marlena says it’s time for a vacation. John says he sees what she’s trying to do, but he can’t stop thinking about how he killed an innocent woman. Marlena reminds him he has no memory of it and that there’s no clear cut evidence. John says Steve was there. Marlena says Stefano and Victor were involved, so who knows what actually happened? She’s hurting that he’s upset. She says he needs to forgive himself.

Pub: Theresa hangs up and says she hopes Tate heard her. Roman and Kate walk over, saying they’re excited about the christening but not the reception. Roman says hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Square: Melinda can’t believe Leo is actually attending the christening to which Leo reminds her that if it wasn’t for the 2 of them, there would be no christening to attend in the first place. Melinda says to stop talking about the truth and look forward if he wants to continue living the life he’s accustomed to – outside of prison.

Peterson/Brady apartment: Sloan and Eric are doting over Jude and him wearing Eric’s christening gown. Sloan apologizes for being a downer about the reception. She’s going to take the high road and be grateful for Nicole and EJ’s hospitality.

DiMansion: EJ asks Holly what’s really going on? Holly says it’s about self-care, that she doesn’t want to be around all of those people. Nicole says if Holly’s not going, she’s not going. Then EJ chimes in and says well if you’re not going, I’m not going! We can all stay home together.

Square: Leo tells Melinda it’s tacky to bring up his arrangement with Sloan and reminds her she’s not innocent either. She claims she’s just happy she could give Eric and Sloan a child. Leo says that Eric has fatherhood down to a science but that there isn’t a maternal instinct to be found in Sloan. Melinda disagrees and walks away.

Pub: Roman tells Brady he’s happy Eric asked him to be godfather. Roman gives advice about being there for their kids. Flashback to Theresa and Brady’s visit at the halfway house with Tate a couple of weeks ago. Roman says he spoke to Kim and she’s very grateful for how Brady was there for Theresa. Roman tells him how proud he is of the man Brady has become.

DiMansion: Nicole and EJ say they won’t leave Holly home alone. Holly says Eric would be upset if they didn’t come. Nicole asks if this is about seeing Brady and Theresa with the whole Tate situation? Holly says it’s everything. She agrees to come, but tells them to go on ahead so they aren’t late then goes up to change. EJ says teenagers, right?

Apartment: Eric gets off the phone and says Aunt Kayla isn’t able to make it. The hospital is understaffed right now and she has to take another shift. Melinda arrives and gives Sloan an envelope with something for Jude’s savings account. Eric tells Melinda that as godmother she’s going to have to carry Jude in and asks if she’s ok with that? She says it would be her honor.

St. Luke’s: Leo walks in and a priest greets him, asking if he’s there for confession? He says he’s there for the christening. Father tells him how wonderful it is that everyone there will be part of the village that raises Jude up, then excuses himself to continue getting ready. Leo talks to himself about being somewhat good, kind, and honest, then nervously reaches to tap his finger in the holy water.

Penthouse: Marlena asks if he can just set aside his guilt for one day, just for her? He says he will do that for her. Flashback to their conversation a couple days ago about his guilt knowing who he is and what he’s done. How do you move forward without recognizing the past?

Pub: Roman gets a call and finds out that one of his employees was taking the food over to DiMansion and got in a car accident. No one was hurt, but the car is not drivable. Kate says she’ll take care of getting the food to DiMeras. Brady’s the godfather and Roman’s the grandfather, they need to be there. She’s got this and sends them out.

Apartment: Eric says he needs to call Sami back, she left a message. He walks away. Melinda asks how Leo was invited? Sloan says it couldn’t be avoided, just like Nicole hosting the party after. Melinda says she ran into Leo earlier and reminded him he needs to keep his mouth shut.

St. Luke’s: Marlena and John walk in. John says something about this place always seems to calm him down. They see Leo and wonder if he’s there to write a gossip article. He comes over complimenting them and saying how he’s feeling reflective and thankful he was invited to this blessed event. He’s never been much of a church goer, except when he was younger because his mother threatened to take out his kneecaps with a spoon if he didn’t. As he walks away, Marlena and John comment on what a character Leo is. Then Marlena tells John that Leo babysat Jude and was great with him.

In walk Brady and Theresa, hugs all around, followed by Roman who tells of the delivery issue. He excuses himself to check in with Kate. John and Marlena say they’re planning to see Tate to which Theresa says she’s heading there right after the ceremony. Marlena asks about the reception? Theresa says it’s probably best she steers clear of EJ and Nicole, just as they enter.

Nicole and EJ walk over and say hi to Roman, asking about Eric and Sloan. Over to Theresa saying how much she doesn’t want to go anywhere near the DiMansion. Brady says he’s only going for Eric. The crew arrives, Eric, Sloan holding Jude, Melinda with the baby bag behind them. Eric thanks everyone for attending. Leo announces that everything is off the record today.

Everyone starts heading into the church. Melinda tells Sloan they should do one more diaper check before everything starts and they walk toward the door. John releases a heavy sigh. He tells Marlena he’s having a hard time. She says she’ll be with him every step of the way and they walk to the side. Father comes over and shakes Eric’s hand and tells everyone to take their places to begin. Holly enters and greets Eric, then asks Theresa how Tate is doing. She says great if you don’t count the ankle monitor, Brady stops her.

Melinda holds doll-in-blanket by the baptismal fount. Father begins the ceremony. Flash over to Nicole with an awkward smile. Leo has a disturbed look on his face. As the priest is saying the baptismal words, long flashback to Jude’s birth on the roadside with Nicole, Leo, and Dimitri. Leo steps forward and says he has something important to say that can’t wait. Sloan shakes her head, Melinda stares at him.

Gee, is that the "thing" now.......to wear a super short, barely covering your butt....dress to church for your baby's christening? Really???? And former priest Eric doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Boy, I am really behind the times, I guess.

Thanks ShaunP for taking time out of your spring break to write up this one.

So many things are wrong with this show as we wait for the "brilliant" Ron :sick: to return to the design helm. But some things were interesting today.

I did like the way they managed to cull the guest list. Kate had to attend to the catering, Kayla couldn't leave the hospital, no mention of why Steve wasn't there, Sami called to speak with her brother and he returned her call. Nice touches. But then I'd also have waited till I got to the church to put my baby in the gown for the event.

I am not a fan of Sloan, but if we must keep the character can we keep this version?

I find it interesting with the dozen iterations of St. Luke's we're now to the point where there aren't even pews. I know, I know, budget and re-using sets for dozens of other things, but remember the days when there were like 40 people sitting in pews in addition to like 10 more standing up front for weddings there? Before the fire at Ben and Ciara's wedding, there was even a separate entryway outside of the main sanctuary. Now it's a wall with a stained glass window, a door, and a baptismal font.

Theoretically, the baptismal font could be in a side room instead of the main sanctuary. That's how it was in the huge Catholic church I attended as a child. If the family expected several guests, the baptismal font would then be brought into the main sanctuary to accommodate everybody.

I agree that I like this version of Sloan better. I thought the same thing when she was first on a few weeks ago.

And I have to say I am loving the Brady and Teresa relationship. Two people who once loved each other, aren't perfect but can come together for their son and be good friends. I hope they don't mess this up. And by 'they', I mean the writers.

Really Theresa, you didn't think Nicole & EJ would be at the christening?

Really tired of John's guilt trip. Time for Katerina to show up.

Well, let's hope Leo really does have something to say. Nicole needs her baby and Sloan needs to lose her baby. I hope Eric doesn't fight Nicole for custody.

I haven’t watched in while, but I kind of like temporary Sloan. She has lots of facial expressions and seems calmer.
The only problem is that temp Sloan looks nothing like a courtroom shark. As for Leo, we can bet the mortgage money that whatever he reveals won’t be the REAL ugly truth about the baby.

Can’t somebody pull the plug on professional guilt-tripper John? You know that things are pretty bad when even Doc can’t shut him up.

Finally, does Melinda really think Sloan is a good mother or has she mastered the fine Salem art of lying with a straight face?

Thanks, ShaunP. Enjoy the rest of your spring break.

It's a new day in Salem.

Nice to hear Roman mention Kim when he talked to Brady.

Theresa is smart not going to the reception. She should have stayed away from the christening too.

It worked out Kate couldn't go to the christening since the room was so small.

Interesting flashbacks with Leo and Nicole remembering the birth. Will Leo spill the beans about
Jude? Probably not. Hopefully, everyone will know before Jude starts school.

LOL, Greg Rikaart (Leo) & Deidre Hall (Marlena) have said they both thought wardrobe had mistakenly switched their outfits, when they arrived at the studio that day.

I don't care for the character Sloan, never have, and still don't understand how a man like Eric could possibly be interested in her for even 5 minutes.

I do understand that shows scramble at times, when an actor leaves, but they don't always make the best decisions to fill the empty space.

I like Emily O'Brien, who plays Gwen, so let her play Gwen. Heck, Gwen can change, get a different personality, lifestyle, or whatever. But Emily is NOT the character Theresa. Either recast that character if you need to, or she can leave town to accept a new, wonderful job. Just stop playing games with the actors. If the writers cannot do right by the characters the actors portray, past time to look around for new writers. Got to be a lot out there, with the various soaps that were cancelled.

I don't understand why they didn't just have Gwen move on with Brady in some way. They actually had two people not related who don't have a past and they had to go this weird route. Although when I slowed down for a minute today I did enjoy Brady and Theresa when they were eating together. Only briefly though. :)

Plus with Theresa off screen we were led to believe they'd been having a good relationship so they had to flip that over.

I agree Poirot. Emily O'Brien (Gwen/Jeannie T) is doing fine but she's just not Jeannie T to me. And the writers can't seem to find a direction for her.

Gwen's crimes really don't rank that high in Salem with its murderous raping DA (who's also the ex-mayor) running around freely. She could be around interacting with Bobby/Everett, Rafe, Jada, and a reluctant uncle Steve.

Back