Days of our Lives - Thursday, November 2,2023

I know Susan Banks is Elvis's mother. She had this huge crush on Elvis P. at the time. But the father, via artificial insemination was Stefano DiMera. And she was unaware, at the time the insemination took place. All so Kristen could pretend she gave birth to him. It was such a convoluted and stupid storyline. Susan even took her baby to Nashville for a while, and eventually to London, where she met & married Edmund Crumb. And EJ has had so many different names over the years (first was Elvis Aaron Banks)...Bo used to call him Junior. Sometime he got the name John in there.

Anyway, EJ knows Susan is his mother, he calls her that, and Stefano his father.

But.......JasonD has a point about paternity. Since she was artificially inseminated, writers can make up stories saying Stefano was really not the actual donor, tho he was intended to be. Rolf was truly not to be trusted, tho he always appears loyal to the DiMeras. Characters' backgrounds get retconned all the time. Their parents are not who they believe. (Talking bio parents). Siblings appear suddenly, who knows?

I think Eric & Nicole broke up because he totally blamed her for Jada's abortion.
Ah thanks, I'd forgotten all about that which is pretty sad. After Eric abandoned Nicole after they got married then came back acting like a saint I gave up on really paying attention. Adding Rafe into their nonsense sealed the deal for me. If they hook Eric and Nicole back up I hope they are immediately sent off screen to never be seen again.

Ok this is all a little fuzzy because it was like 25 years ago, but I thought Stefano actually slept with Susan disguised as Elvis and that’s how he ended up being named Elvis because she thought it was actually the king she was with. But the John storyline was in there too. I was thinking his name was Elvis John. At no point though do I recall Elvis Junior being anything other than a nickname.

Edmund and Susan met in Salem, then moved to London. Unless re-Ron changed it? I only watch when I write the summary.
You are correct.
I was thinking his name was Elvis John.
While his birth name was John (John, Jr.), I doubt Stefano would've allowed EJ to have John as a legal middle name when he got older and started using DiMera as his last name.

Once Susan and Edmund got married and moved to England, little EJ was probably known as Elvis Crumb until Stefano got his hands on him and sent him to boarding school. We never learned how Stefano found little EJ in England, managed to get him away from Susan/Edmund, put him in boarding school, and have a relationship with him.

I honestly think using the name EJ when he returned to Salem as an adult was just to keep his identity a secret (from the viewers and Salemites) until they were ready to reveal he was a grown up Baby Elvis (especially considering Baby Elvis left Salem in 1998 as a 1 year old, and returned in 2006, just 8 years later, as a grown man). I don't think the "J" was ever supposed to stand for John. Probably just Elvis Junior since that's what Susan considered him to be. Just like JJ is for Jack, Jr. even though his full/legal name is Jack Patrick.

Back