Days of Our Lives - Thursday, Sept. 11th, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thursday, September 11, 2008

Episode #10,909 Director – Albert Alarr

Max is furious as he tells Stephanie & Chelsea how Trent Robbins tried to pimp his own daughter to his friend Claude, in exchange for having his gambling debts forgiven. They have found it hard to believe, but Max is all set to return home and kill his father. Chelsea thinks perhaps Melanie brought things on herself, with putting herself out there as a party girl, Max has another fit. Melanie, who just arrives, agrees, that perhaps the image she has projected of herself is her own fault. She has come to say good-bye, wish her brother well, maybe they will run across each other again some time in the future. She leaves to go say good-bye to Nick. . Max is not happy to leave her behind, but is very angry at Trent. Chelsea leaves, Stephanie talks to Max a bout throwing his life away in prison, just because of Trent.
Meanwhile, a nurse has finished dressing Nick’s wound, leaving as Melanie arrives. She thanks Nick for saving her life, does a bit of flirting with him, wanting to see his big, bad, wound. Nick thinks being shot will give him some “street credits” , Melanie playfully calls him Gangsta Nick. They exchange some light banter, during which he mentions having dated Chelsea, which surprises Melanie. Nick calls them Beauty & the Geek. LOL. Melanie claims she has friends in Milan, is leaving France, came to say good-bye, and bends over, kissing him, comments what a good kisser he is. Chelsea arrives in the doorway, but backs away. Melanie promises to look Nick up if she ever comes to the States, leaves. In comes Chelsea, chatter, chatter, small talk. Nick lets her know he heard from Stephanie about what happened between her & Daniel. Chelsea wonders what is wrong with her, she never seems to pick the right guy. Nick assures her the right one is out there, she may meet him tomorrow, or next year. Chelsea comments it could even be back in Salem.

AND, back in Salem, Philip & Morgan are exchanging a few lip locks outside the Pub, then go inside, sit at a table. (I wonder what happened to all the booths, they seem to have disappeared). Philip wants Morgan to go away with him for a few days – New York, San Francisco, Chicago if she wants to stay close by. Titan has an apt. on Michigan Ave. (definitely a posh area of town, lol)She begins telling him of her new intern job at Hearth & Home. Cue Kate to walk up with an “Excuse me???”. Morgan explains being hired by Kate’s asst. Chris, & how Kate just insisted on leaving it up to him. Ah, yes, now she has a clue. Phil takes Kate aside, warning her about doing it again – interfering in his life. Kate promises to be good, they return to the table, with Kate asking Morgan if she can start on Monday. Phil interjects with the “going away, make it a week later”, but Morgan insists Monday will be fine, even today would work. And along comes Victor, wanting to talk to Philip. They go outside, where Victor gives Philip what for about not giving full attention to Titan. Phil rattles off a few of his latest accomplishments, but Victor reminds him the shipping end is still a mess, and taking care of Titan is a 24/7 job. If Phil is not ready or willing, tell him now, he will get someone else. Now Philip tells Victor about Kate having this coughing problem, being at the hospital, refusing the tests, and then let’s Victor know that there is something that went on between Kate & Daniel. They return inside. Kate has been talking to Morgan, coughing away, she brings water. Kate claims she got some antibiotics from Kayla, just have not kicked in yet.

At another table Nicole sits having coffee, being joined by Trent. The slimeball is pressuring her for money, $20,000. She berates his gambling, he promises to stop, she has heard this before. She is refusing, he reminds her of how be financed her education, gave her a home, she talks of being his blow up doll he showed off to all his friends, he threatens to tell Victor, she says to go ahead, she might lose the money, and both would be broke. Trent gets up, goes over to Vic, introduces himself, but Nicole apologzes to him, knowing they are interrupting, hustling Trent away.

Marlena arrives at DiMansion, wanting to know what John wanted. He claims she left something behind, she will wait outside while he gets it. No, come in, Stef is holed up in his room. She comes in, he gets the item. A tiny hair tie he found in the bathroom. She realizes it was an excuse, and now they have long conversation about her moving on, perhaps dating Trent, which John doesn’t want. Then John dating Ava. They go back and forth quite a bit. He wants to patch things up, she doesn’t, but does think he is jealous. She reminds him about Ava, asks if he slept with her, John doesn’t answer, but Marlena realizes that was the case. They argue a bit about “moving on”, John reminds her that it was Marlena herself who encouraged him to try things with other women (flashback here), and she remembers only too well. She lets him know in no uncertain terms that she tried to get him back, and if he wanted her, then he should not have broken the disk. They go back & forth about the same sort of things, with her thinking that while she pursued him, he loved that, cuz he was in control. Now that she is getting a social life of her own, he no longer is in control. And doesn’t like that at all. But she is going to do as she pleases, and leaves.

Nicole & Trent are outside the Pub, with her figuring he was bluffing at telling Victor. He says try me. She reminds him that while they both would be broke, no scary people are after her. He needs her more than she needs him. Trent asks what she wants, and for starters, a divorce. She has left Trent, who gets a phone call. It is John Black who tells him to just remain at the Pub. He has some issues to discuss with Trent. .
Max is stuffing all his clothes into his bag, all ready to return home. Stephanie is happy they will be going home, is still talking about Max not going after his dad, and in comes Melanie, who agrees. She has evidently changed her mind, and thinks perhaps it would be nice if she goes home with her brother.

Barb

Thanks for the recap Barb!! I am so greatful!!
Sounds like a pretty decent show today!

I appreciate the prevue, Barb. I've been irritated with the way Marlena has been acting but she does have one thing right--John likes power and control, whether it is over business dealings or over her! He needs to know he can't control her. Even though he has had some feelings stirred up for her, it still won't hurt him to get a taste of her putting him off, the way he put her off before.

Thank you, Barb. Can't wait to get home, make a cup of tea, and watch this epi. I need to hear adult conversations after vision screening 3 year olds all week for Head Start. (7 more weeks before I get to be with grownups again.)

It does sound like Melanie will be returning to Salem with Max......and how is Trent gonna like that? LOL.
So we have Kate coughing away with something or other, Victor getting ticked off at Phil, Kate being ticked she has Morgan for an intern, the usually emotionless John being jealous, Marlena standing tall, Nick playing hero, Chelsea playing "poor me", Trent attempting blackmail on Nikki, besides trying to pimp his daughter, Philip spilling the beans to Victor about Kate & Daniel.......

Ahhh, if we lived in Salem we just would not be able to keep up with all the eavesdropping we would want to be doing. Ha.

Thanks for the write up Poirot. I think Chelsea is going to start to make trouble for Nick again because it looks like Mel may have a thing for our Nick. He is so cute I just do not want him to be hurt again by either Mel or Chelsea. Boy are they building up the I hate Trent team. I think this is going to be a really good who done it type story just what this show needs. They should not tell anyone who really does it until close to the very end.

Back