Days of Our Lives - Thursday, Sept. 25th, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Episode #10,919 Director = Noel Maxam

Max is sweeping rather vigorously outside the Pub as Melanie comes round the corner, tells him she knows how he feels, she feels the same way. They diss Trent a bit, as she says she just cannot stay in Salem with Trent there. She has to get out of town. Her cell rings, she has a text message from Trent, he wants her to come to his hotel room right away. Max leaves with her.

Trent is saying good-bye to a hooker, kissing her, paying her off, and making a date for the next day. (thought he was so broke??) His phone rings, it is Claude, out of jail and demanding his money. Actually, either his money or Trent’s daughter, while making veiled threats against Trent’s life. Trent hangs up, looks at a picture of Melanie, mutters he can’t do that, starts talking to himself, thinking he can try tapping Nicole, nope, that won’t work. Looks like he has no choice. He makes a call.
Max & Melanie arrive, Trent tries to soft soap his daughter, talking of how he is in all this trouble, fears for his life, Claude called, yada, yada. He claims he & she have a special bond, and Max can see he is getting to Melanie. He steps in, telling Trent he is not going to use her again, how could he, this is his sister, he will protect her, etc. Trent is begging Melanie to help him, Max really flies off the handle & wham, a right to the jaw, left jab, Trent is on the floor, Max is pummeling, they roll around, Melanie is screaming to stop, calls Nick to come help, he comes flying in, pulls Max off Trent. Max is furious that Trent once again tried to pimp his daughter. Trent claims no, he just needs the cash. Nick yells he has some, he will give Trent his grant money, Max is furious, but Nick wants Trent to leave them all alone, but Trent insists he is not going anywhere, he likes it in Salem, and if they can work out the kinks, make a fortune. (Chelsea watches from the sidelines). Everyone is yelling, Trent again tries to sweet talk Melanie, who tells her father off, & tells Max she wants to leave, their father IS a monster. Trent tells Max & Mel they are both losers, and they are worth nothing. The 4 leave, Trent slams the door.
Out in the hall, Max promises Melanie that their father will be gone. One way or another, he is leaving Salem tonight.

Philip & Lucas are sitting in Chez Rouge, having a glass of wine, talking of how good it is to have Lucas on the Titan team. Lucas says all is going fine with him otherwise, his world really revolves around Allie, and Chloe is helping him with the baby, and is back at the cabin, watching her. Maybe not, as Chloe comes by, says hello boys, and joins them. Lucas gets all bent out of shape, because Chloe left Allie with a sitter (just HOW do all these people get over to that island so easily? Is there a ferry service? LOL). Nicole comes along, sits down as she needs Philip’s help. Lucas leaves to check on the sitter, returns as all is o.k. back at home, but it doesn’t take an upset Chloe long to leave the table, too. Nicole follows her.
Philip advises Lucas he was out of line, Lucas agrees, promising to apologize. Nicole has a heart to heart with Chloe, who complains how Lucas is so focused on Allie, and how she doesn’t think she is ready for this “family” thing, is feeling trapped, and thinks she wants out. Nikki is sympathetic. Chloe apologizes about going on about kids, when Nikki cannot have any, but thinks Nicole would make a great mother. Nikki suggests Chloe tell Lucas how she feels. Lucas comes up, asks Chloe to dance, Nicole joins Philip again, begging him to talk to Victor, try to convince him not to take the settle ment away from her. Philip refuses, Nicole is distraught, Victor even wants her to repay the money she already used, & she has no way to do that. Philip suggests she try again to see about getting the marriage to Trent annulled. She knows Trent will not cooperate, claims he should be dead, buried in an unmarked grave somewhere, and she would do it herself if she had the means. Later she calls EJ, saying she desperately needs his help.

Nick joins Chelsea at a table (the Pub, I believe), they engage in a bit of small talk, & it doesn’t take Chelsea long to start in on Daniel & Kate. She talks of how she is unable to ignore or forgive, how she calls her grandmother “Kate” now, as Gramma seems ridiculous. They talk about themselves a bit, but Chelsea is on a definite “poor me” trip. She tells him of seeing Daniel at the hospital, the running of tests on Kate, and how she thinks something is still going on with them. (watching Chelsea in these scenes is rather disconcerting, as she keeps looking off to the side, instead of at Nick, no idea who or what she kept looking at, but it is distracting) She brings up Melanie, Nick flies off the handle, none of her business, and don’t try manipulating him into becoming her consolation prize. They argue a bit, Nick defends Melanie, Chelsea continues to put her down. But Nick tells her to back off, his life is none of her business.

Bo comes into Roman’s office, as he is checking into a cold case kidnapping of an 8 yr. old about a year ago. Now they get into Hope turning down the job of Commissioner & thinks Roman is upset with Hope. No, he turned it down himself, he is worried tho, that the mayor will hire a Stefano lackey and if so, he will quit the force, as Bo says he feels the same. Now Roman puts the pressure on for Bo to consider throwing his hat in the ring, and taking the job. Bo is definitely reluctant, says no a dozen times, giving all sorts of reasons but Roman is adamant, finally convincing Bo it is for the best, calling someone on the town council, & putting Bo’s name in for consideration. Caroline comes in wanting them to help her with Max. She talks of how angry Max has been at Trent, how violent Max has gotten, how vile Trent has been using his own daughter to pay off a debt. Caroline is very upset, Bo & Roman both agree to talk to Max. Nope, she wants them to get Trent to leave town. No they cannot do that. What he did with Melanie was on foreign soil, their hands are tied. Well, hers aren’t, declares Caroline.

Barb

Looks like we have a big set up of "who dun it". We are going to have a lot of suspects!
Thanks for the write up.
I wish they would have done something a little different with CHelsea & Nick. Why make him the fall boy. If she could just talk to him a s a friend & not as a "hey you have always come back to me before, please be my boyfriend again"
The writers should have definately taken this in a different direction.

Wow I really thought Hope would take that job not Bo. But either is good I suppose!!

I agree, that there was Chelsea, moaning about Daniel & Kate, and how hard it is for her to "forgive" - to the guy she has continually dumped. And then she herself has had to ber forgiven how many times by how many people....in the past.
She think Melanie is lots of trouble, doesn't trust her, yada yada. Some of that has to come from Stephanie, who has yakked about the problems Melanie caused in France.

I don't like the idea that Hope turned down the job but Bo takes it. Of course, I wouldn't want to call any writer a chauvinist. (tee hee) With Bo's hot temper and the trouble he has caused the department, he is really not qualified for the job. He'll have to clean up now; maybe that's why he shaved. I hope they turn him down.

I still want to see Hope take the job.

Glad they're getting on with the Trent murder and that Nick is being firm with Chelsea.

Welcome home Poirot, thanks for the recap.
I'm glad that Nick is not falling back into Chelsea clutches.
I too wis Hope had taken the commish job, she would have been real good at it.
I will be happy once that Trent is gone he is getting uglier every day.

I thought it rather hypocritical for Roman to have turned the job down (when he is such a by the book, and letter of the law cop), but is urging his rebel, hot-headed, bend the rules all the time brother to take the job.

Welcome home Poirot. Thanks for the summary. I have been so busy I have not seen the show for the last two days. This sounds like one great episode. I agree with Lucas being upset with Chloe. She is to be looking after Allie and just leaves her with a babysitter. She does not care enough for the little girl to spend just a few hours with her alone. As for getting to the cabin it is easy. There is a place you can go and a captain in a small boat will take you over to the island. I remember that from when Bo has to marry Billie as an undercover investigation and they end up on the island and get together to stay warm. Hope finds them.

Looks like Trent has everyone stirred up. Hey what is with Lucas having a glass of wine? Did he fall off the wagon?

Thanks for the writeup!

Poirot - Thanks so much for the write up.

I just haven't been able to see the show the last few days and these write ups really help me. Sometimes I think that they are better than the actual show! :)

They are definitely leading up to a whodunit with Trent.

I am disappointed that Hope turned down the job and now Bo is going to possibly go for it. Lucas - Gosh I hope it is just water in the wine glass.

I apologize. Lucas WAS drinking water. Philip had wine. All these wine glasses were on the table, Chloe had wine, too. Philip offered it to Nicole, who refused!!!!

Thanks, Poirot. Sami sure didn't have Allie back for very long.

Sorry, but I don't think Lucas should depend on Chloe to babysit while he goes to dinner.

Sami does it all the time. At least Lucas didn't leave her with Stefano.

I am happy to see that Nick stuck up for himself to Chelsea. that is a couple I dont want to see back together for a long time until she can grow up and stop blaming the world for her bad choices

Thanks for the write up Barb! I won't be able to watch it today and it looks like a good show.

Thanks Barb! Excellent as always!

I don't think Chloe is ready for kids, period! .........deleted spoiler.....should at least create enough other drama to give her time to figure out if she really can or can't handle kids - especially someone else's.

Did I miss something? When did Nicole and Chloe get so friendly towards each other?

Back