Days of Our Lives - Thursday, September 21, 2023

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
Wow, today sure was a thriller! So much excitement and so many surprises, I'm sure that Days will get countless awards for this episode:sarcasm:

Stephanie calls Chad, reminding him that her folks are coming over dinner, but he forgot and is finishing up at the office. She blah blah blahs about sounding like a housewife as they hang up. Kayla comes over and chats with Stephanie about Theresa going after Alex, how it'll be awkward because of family, asks her how committed she truly is to Chad and brings up marriage.

Meanwhile, Vivian enters the office and fills in Chad about her conquest of Titan and Victor's alleged will. Elsewhere, Maggie and Julie open an envelope from "Mrs. Vivian Kiriakis" for "Mrs. Maggie Horton." It states that Vivian has fired Maggie and taken the company. They go over the terms, Chad calls and verifies and feels bad for Maggie as they hang up.

Julie wants to call Justin and the Titan board people, but Maggie is ready to give up because Victor left no will and Vivian is legally the rightful owner. Meanwhile, Vivian tells Chad that he will have to choose between being fired or remaining under her, lets him know that Victor built his empire on drugs. Chad is surprised but ends up resigning from his job.

Maggie appreciates Julie and Doug for letting her always stay there, but she thinks she needs her own place. Julie and Doug says that Alice would be ashamed if they left Maggie alone, means a lot to Maggie. Julie says the Hortons might not be nasty and powerful like the Kiriakis clan, but they have family.

Nobody has heard from Alex, Maggie wonders what is going on, says she would laugh if he spent all of his money on Greek statues and boats and such but is upset that "the old hag" is stealing, they must find something to stop Vivian. Vivian stops by at Julie's to bring over some hideous figurines, apparently Maggie's, that she thinks need to be donated. Julie is furious and throws her out as Maggie asks the Lord to give her strength.

Kayla and Stephanie are chatting about how Stephanie moved in not just with Chad, but with his kids. She wants her daughter to be happy, more chit-chat. Stephanie blurts out that she wants to marry Chad just as he enters the apartment. He offers to give them space, but Stephanie says it is OK and pours them wine, Chad gives them a recap about what happened with Vivian.

At the pub, Steve is informed by John about his true father, They then start talking about Tripp and Ava, and then about Brady's quest to Greece with Alex. Then they start recapping Vivian's plot and wondering what she is up to. Then, of course, Vivian walks into the pub and tells them to watch what they say in public. John and Vivian are snarking at each other as Steve congratulates him and says he must get to dinner with Chad and Stephanie, leaves.

John knows all about Vivian's "victory" and feels bad for Maggie. She tells him that Maggie is always suffering, but enough about her, she wants to hire John as CO, since Chad quit. John says he will do it if Vivian hands Victor's house back to Maggie, wants her to do the right thing for once because they know that Victor would've wanted Maggie to have it. Her lawyer advised her otherwise, because then Maggie would have the fortune.

John says she'll have to find a different corporate stooge, but Vivian wonders who that would be. Later, John gets a call from Brady, who tells him about Shane and the suitcase (see below). Elsewhere, Patch walks into the apartment and Stephanie tells him that Chad just quit because Vivian took over Titan. He is furious, there's chit-chat about Vivian and what she said about the drugs, Chad and Stephanie make jokes about it. Steve thinks they're super compatible because they make each other laugh, he asks if they're going to get married, awkward moment.

Theresa is going over the files but hides them when Alex and Brady return, gets nervous when they say they know her game. But it ends up being about her ordering the room service with their money, especially expensive caviar and champagne. Brady lays into her for her gold-digging ways and says she needs to stay out of their investigation when she asks what they found.

Alex blurts out a recap of what happened with him and Brady, Theresa says that Shane stopped by with a suitcase and Brady is mad she didn't bring that up immediately. She says she wanted to hear from them first about what happened, this all affects Tate, Shane told her to bring the case to Maggie directly.

They agree to open it in Salem, Alex is going to bed, Theresa tries following Brady to his room but he refuses, she barely knows Alex and can't stay there. Brady says it never stopped her before. Alex drinks from the champagne bottle and says that comment was below the belt, tries to get Brady to lighten up. Brady tells him to stay out of it, Theresa insists that she won't sleep with him but Brady says she is pathetic, desperate, and delusional, leaves.

Theresa gets teary-eyed and Alex hugs her, they chit-chat about Brady. Alex thinks he is jet lagged, Theresa thinks he loathes her, Alex says that he is dealing with a lot lately, he compliments Theresa as she starts criticizing herself. Of course, the horndog calls Theresa beautiful, she thanks him for being there for her, doesn't know what she would do without him, kisses Alex, the shirt comes off and they make out on the bed.

I like that it's night time in Salem AND it's night time in Greece. That makes sense, since Greece is about 8 hours ahead of Chicago and Salem is near Chicago.

Other than that little faux pas, I agree with DaysD, this show will definitely win lots of awards for today's show.

Thanks DaysD for writing up this show.

Thanks, DaysD.....gotta say, as I was watching, I kept hearing myself saying "give me a break" & by the end, my eyes were hurting from rolling them so much.

So Vivian wants to go back into dealing with illicit drugs, as that was how Victor made his first big money! Why does she need more money? She has Titan, and all Vic's wealth. Glad Chad quit. So Viv wants others to do the drug dealing, she just wants to rake in the dollars. Ugh.

And seriously??? Theresa looks thru that briefcase, then hides it, then pretends she is being saintly and turns it over to be given to Maggie. Then goes after Alex, who doesn't have the good sense to leave, nope, strip and on to the bed.

Tis truly a shame Corday doesn't pay attention to what Alarr was doing to the show...but glad someone finally got on his case, opened his eyes, and had him do the right thing.

Thanks, DaysD!

Well, we knew Alex would cave, he waited a long time, including a change of continents! That was HIS room, so he wasn't going to leave, and I don't think Theresa had her own room. The idea was to get a few hours of sleep before boarding a plane, but that didn't happen for them.

Brady could not have been clearer, Theresa needs to get it. I had thought she changed/matured, but she has not. Opening the briefcase was so wrong, and initially hiding it, also wrong. Hopefully, it will contain something that will bring Vivian down from her throne.

Why the heck are Steve and Kayla pushing marriage on Stephanie? It is way too soon, and I don't see her and Chad as long term.

WHY did John STILL not have a DNA test run? And why isn't anyone asking him about it? They are taking Timothy at his word. Never a good idea. It's not on anyone's radar, obviously. The heck with possibly hurting Timothy's feelings, they NEED to have proof.

WHY did John STILL not have a DNA test run? And why isn't anyone asking him about it? They are taking Timothy at his word. Never a good idea. It's not on anyone's radar, obviously. The heck with possibly hurting Timothy's feelings, they NEED to have proof.
WW, love you gurl, but name one time in Salem when DNA results have been correct THE FIRST TIME. Heck, didn't DNA prove Yo Yo Linguine was John's daddy.

I really do not like Chad & Stephanie. But hey if they plan a wedding Abigail is sure to return from the dead. But Kayla knows she isn't really over Alex. Really, Stephanie? Who's talking about marriage? We just moved in. I love the kids. But you aren't thinking marriage? Had to laugh when Stephanie said she was ok with Theresa going after Alex, and Kayla said it can get weird when relatives date an ex. Huh, like Stephanie dating Abigail's husband after her death?

I'm sorry, why was everyone so surprised that Vivian fired Maggie? Seemed like a given. But seriously. she's going to be a drug dealer? Why are they ruining Victor's passing with all this garbage? Do we want garbage? No, we do not! The wrap-up of this better be jaw dropping.

I thought Theresa would hide briefcase from them. Did she keep some letters?

It continues to amaze how everyone involved is rolling over and accepting Vivian’s grab of Victor’s assets. Anywhere but Salem, a small army of hard-nosed lawyers would have been hired to contest Vivian’s absurd claims.

Speaking of Vivian, she now wants Titan to sell illegal drugs. Even Salem’s favorite stoner, Rory, would be appalled.

Alex never disappoints. When the opportunity arises, he always does what he does best. Brady is now free of Jeannie T. After she’s had super-hot sex with Alex, she’ll never yearn for tepid times with Brady again.

Thanks, DaysD.

I laughed when Chad was on the phone with Maggie and she called Vivian a succubus.

What time is it in Salem? Abby, Chad, Steve and Kayla are having dinner and the kids are already
in bed.

Maggie was lucky that Vivian didn't throw her knick-knacks away.

Kayla mentioned to Stephanie she dated Shane after he broke up with her sister Kim.

Is Vivian really going to sell illegal drugs or did she say that to make Chad quit? Where will he
work next?

He was raised as Forrest Alamain as a child, so he did have a relationship with Vivian as his aunt back then. When his identity as Forrest came out (as an adult) he and Vivian did get kind of close for a while. So in a weird way, I think she still considers him her nephew.

As recently as 2018, Vivian referred to John as her nephew:

Vivian: I know our genealogy's been revised, but I still think of you as my nephew. Wasn't your father Yo-Yo Ma?
John: Yo Ling.
Vivian: Ah, the basketball player.
John: That's Yao Ming.

Vivian: He's just like his father. [referring to Stefan0]
John: I'm sorry to hear that.

Vivian: We'll have dinner sometime. Chinese. Your treat.
There used to be a clip of this scene in the Twitter thread for the week but it was taken down. The look on Chad's face when he learns John is Vivian's nephew was funny.

Back