Days of Our Lives - Thursday, September 7, 2023

Kris10

Reaction score
The start of Victor's services.

Alex is the first to arrive. There are seats set up and a huge photo of Victor. Alex is talking aloud about how he can't believe Victor's actually gone and he keeps waiting for Victor to show up and laugh at them all for believing he was really gone. He also talks about his love with/for Maggie. Chelsea walks up and says she couldn't agree more. Alex says "Hey I heard you were flying in, you're Bo's daughter, right? Not Ciara, but ..." and she says "Chelsea" (She is not visibly pregnant, in case you wondered. So either they forgot that plot note OR she had the baby already.)

Kate's sitting in the pub saying "You will be missed Victor, despite it all." Philip puts his hand on her shoulder and says "hi Mom." She says "Philip, you finally remembered you have a mother."

Brady is in the living room on a phone call with Theresa. She wanted to see if he wanted to go to the funeral together, as a family. Brady tells her they may be co-parents but they are definitely not family. As he's saying this, Belle and Shawn walk in. He finishes with "not now, not ever" as Belle makes eyes at him. We flash to Theresa outside, seemingly upset.

Bonnie and Justin are together, walking into a room in the K-Mansion, there are lots of orange juice flutes made up. Justin says he wonders how long it will take before he doesn't expect to see Victor on the couch complaining about something? Sonny walks in and says "Or how my husband couldn't be bothered to accompany me on this momentous family occasion." Sonny says he did love and care for us all in his own weird curmudgeonly way. They toast Victor. Xander comes in.

Maggie's on her bed looking a photo of her and Victor. She asks the photo how will I ever say goodbye to you? She hugs the picture to her chest as Sarah walks in. They hug. She's sorry Melissa couldn't be there. Maggie had a video call with her, and also with Melanie this morning. Sarah's glad she spoke to the them. Maggie says they'll have a houseful to honor Victor.

Sonny and Xander argue about the terminology he used. Sonny goes on about Sarah leaving him and how she's having a baby with Rex and not him. Bonnie pipes up with "not true" and they all stare at her.

Philip sits down across from Kate while she complains to him about not telling her he had come back to town. He asks her to listen. He has good news. Brady isn't pressing charges, no worries. Kate says this is just like when you were 16 and thought you could flash those dimples and get out of any trouble. He smiles and she says "damn it, it still works." She asks where he's been this whole time? He went to see Lucas at Statesville. Kate's glad he did that. He says he was also with Chloe.

Rex is speed-walking through the square and almost runs into Chloe. They discuss needing caffeine before facing a mausoleum full of grieving Kiriakises. She jokes that she wishes it was a cocktail. Rex laughs. He gives her congratulations on her and Xander's engagement. Chloe says she bets he does since her engagement to Xander keeps him from Sarah and the baby she's carrying.

Xander asks what isn't true? Bonnie tries to backtrack and says that what she meant wasn't true when Sonny called him a horror show. Sonny is shocked she's defending him. Bonnie says he feels bad about it. Sonny keeps berating Xander. Xander calls out Sonny over his crush on Leo. Justin steps in and tells them this is the last thing Maggie needs today.

Sarah is trying to help Maggie pick out the jewelry to wear to the service. Sarah picks out a pair of pearls that Victor had given her for their 10th anniversary. Maggie is in a lot of pain, missing Victor. Sarah tells her she always has her and she has so many other people around her who will be there for her. They hug.

Brady asks Shawn how he's holding up? Shawn says a lot better, now that he's seeing Marlena. Brady says that is good. If there is anyone who can help him, it's Marlena. Brady's phone beeps. Brady says "This woman will not take no for an answer." Shawn says "let me guess, Theresa?" Belle says "oh, is that who you were talking to when we came in? What does she want?" Brady says "Nothing much. Oh wait, she wants us to get back together."

Alex is sorry for not recognizing Chelsea. She tells him she only knows who he is from seeing his photo online in various Salem publications. Chelsea says why would he recognize her anyway? It's not like they grew up together, she didn't even know Bo was her father until she was high school. Alex says he's sorry about her dad. They're all hoping he pulls through. Chelsea says "a world without Victor Kiriakis just doesn't seem right."0

Chelsea says she's been living in London the last decade or so and she feels really guilty she didn't come home more to see him. Theresa walks up and says "Chelsea, is that you?" They hug. Chelsea asks where Tate is? She loves seeing the photos Theresa posts online. She didn't want to take him out of school so she came to represent them both and be there for Brady. She tells Chelsea she's sorry about her grandfather.

Theresa asks about Uncle Bo, is there any improvement. Chelsea says she's afraid not. Alex interrupts to say he doesn't think they've met. Chelsea introduces him to Theresa and vice versa, but she says "This is Alex, my cousin on the Kiriakis side", then "Theresa, my cousin on the Brady side." Alex says "so we're not related?" Because who doesn't go trolling for girls at funerals?

Chelsea is going to go to the house to see Maggie. Alex tells her it's nice to meet her. Theresa is pretty sure he's heard a lot of bad things about her from Brady. Alex figures out she is trying to work out things with Brady again. They discuss it briefly.

Belle asks what he told Theresa? He says he told her they'd never get back together. Brady says he learned his lesson from losing Rachel that some women are unforgivable. Shawn says you aren't really comparing Theresa to Kristen are you? Brady says give Theresa some time, she'll meet Kristen's ranks.

Chloe tells Rex he had to be relieved when he found Xander had moved on. Rex says he's happy for her. Chloe admits she was freaked out when she thought Sarah's baby was Xander's.

Justin tells Sonny to let it go. They don't need to be at each other's throats today. Sonny teases that Uncle Vic did love a good family brawl. Xander says he does have a point. But Bonnie steps in and keeps them apart again. Bonnie says Maggie doesn't like it when they squabble and they need to avoid breaking her stuff. Bonnie tells them they are going to behave. They agree to do so for Maggie.

Sarah puts the pearls on for Maggie. She asks if she's ready to go downstairs? Maggie tells her it's not too late to tell the truth.

Philip says he couldn't have lived with himself if he didn't say goodbye to Victor. Kate tells him Victor did love him with all his heart. Philip says they should get over to the house. Kate says before they go, to explain why he was with Chloe.

Rex says he admits Chloe's engagement isn't the worst thing. He asks how she felt about Philip showing up alive at her door? She was shocked, of course. Chloe admits she's glad he got the help he needed. Maybe one day they'll be friends again. She needs to go, she'll see Rex at the memorial.

Kate can see in his eyes that he still loves Chloe. He says how he feels doesn't matter, she's engaged to his cousin, Xander. He says now, let's go pay tribute to my father. Kate says okay, but this conversation isn't over. They get up to leave the pub.

Brady thinks he deserves a nice calm relationship with a decent woman and he doesn't think those terms apply to Theresa, no offense to Shawn (I guess since they are cousins) Shawn says none taken. He knows his cousin can be a handful. Belle says as entertaining as talking about your love life has been, they need to leave for the service.

Alex and Theresa still discuss Brady and how he doesn't want her back. Alex says the old him would tell her to pursue him, the new him tells her to take Brady at his word and back off. Theresa tells him she likes trouble.

Sarah tells her she knows she means well, but her emotions are all over the place. Maggie says her emotions have nothing to do with it, what she's doing is not fair or right. Sarah tells her no good will come from this truth getting out. Chelsea comes in the door and says "And what truth would that be?" Maggie is excited to see her. Chelsea says "I withdraw the question, I was just being my nosey self." She and Maggie hug.

Maggie says "you made it." Chelsea says "of course I did, I had to, for Grandpa and for you." Maggie introduces her to Sarah as "another of Bo's beautiful daughters." Sarah says I've heard so much about you. Maggie wishes Hope and Bo could be here but understand why they can't. Sarah says Ciara sent a beautiful bouquet.

Chelsea says she loved grandpa so much, we all did. Sarah's phone beeps. She says the service is starting soon, they should probably get going. Maggie says she'll be down in a minute. Hugs all around for the three and then Sarah and Chelsea leave the room. Maggie picks up the picture again.

Everyone is sitting at the service. Front row is Justin, Maggie, Brady. Theresa shows up and Brady gives her a look and she sits behind him. Sarah comes up and gives Maggie a hug, and Brady moves so she can sit next to her mom. Shawn and Belle have arrived and are walking up from the back to find a seat when Shawn is tapped on the shoulder by Chelsea.

He says oh my goodness and they give each other a big hug. They discuss how Ciara isn't there because her doctor wouldn't let her fly so late in her pregnancy. Belle asks how she and Max are doing being new parents? She jokes aside from the sleep deprivation it's been great. Isaac is a joy. (So, we named our baby after the brother we killed?) She wishes they lived closer so they could see everyone more often. She says she needs to go hug her grandma Kate. They hug and say how good it is to see each other.

Justin stands up and moves towards the front. He says they should get started. Victor wanted only a small ceremony and then to be interred with his daughter, Isabella. If anyone would like to say anything they can. He says Chelsea, I think you wanted to start? She comes up and starts. What do you say about a guy like Victor Kiriakis? He was larger than life. My dad, Bo Brady, didn't find out Victor was his biological father until he was a grown up and he struggled with his identity, but no matter the strain Bo had with Victor, she always felt that Victor loved her and all her siblings and all their kids. She'll always remember how loved she felt with Victor.

Sonny talks about how the way Victor would pit his sons and grandsons and nephews against each other could have taught King Lear and Zeus about family infighting. But there was another side to him, a much more caring and loving side. Sonny says my father says we didn't get to see this side a lot until Victor found out about his daughter, Isabella. She was the first to chip away at his ice encased heart, but not the last, that was Maggie.

Justin says he had a very unique style of meddling. But he always knew as much as he hated it, Victor did it because he loved him. That Victor would lay down his life for him and the people he loved. Justin will miss that meddling and he'll miss his dear Uncle Vic, now and forever.

Xander says he may be the *bleep* Kiriakis, but Victor and he were cut from a similar cloth. He understood what drove Victor. He thinks everyone gathered there today knows that Victor loved ferociously and he fought to make sure Maggie and his children had the best lives possible. He intends to emulate Victor and do the same if he is ever blessed with children.

Philip says he's the only one of Victor's children who had the distinction, and sometimes burden, of being raised by the man. So when he looks back, I remember how proud he was when I did something that pleased him, which wasn't often enough. I also remember his looks of disappointment when I let him down which was way too often. Dad, wherever you are, I hope you can see I'm still trying, striving, to be the man worthy of your love and respect. Belle gets up to go to Philip and brings him back to sit with her and Shawn.

Brady speaks next. He calls Victor their patriarch, their bright, shining sun, though many of them were like Icarus who would fly a little too close and get burned. He always taught them something, there was always a lesson in there. He will miss that about him. Rest now, my grandfather until we fly together again.

Belle asks Shawn if he wants to say anything. He says there's no point.

Justin gets up to close the service. He reads Tennyson's Crossing the Bar. As he reads the poem, we get flashbacks of Victor throughout the show. The flashbacks end on the photo at the service.

Brady and Alex are walking together in the square. Theresa showed up to help them bring food back after the service. Brady tells her she can go to the pub. Alex tells Brady he shouldn't talk to his son's mother that way. Brady asks him to stay out of it. She says it's nice to know someone in the family has manners. She'd like to get to know him more. Brady says he thought she was going home this weekend. She's decided to stick around. She tells Alex to let her know about the dinner.

Belle and Chelsea hugging outside of the pub. She can't believe Chelsea is leaving already. Chelsea wishes she could stay. Belle says she and Shawn talk about going to London all the time, they want to see baby Isaac so badly. Chelsea tells her they should, she and Max would love it. Chelsea says, speaking of my brother, where is he? Belle says he went into the pub to pack her a lunch. (I guess anyone can do this since Uncle Roman owns it) But he has been in there a while. Shawn comes out of the kitchen with a brown bag and sets it on the bar. He grabs a bottle of booze and takes a large drink.

Rex asks if Sarah is ready to go? Chloe tells Xander they should get going. Sarah's water breaks.

Maggie tells Bonnie and Justin, and Kate and Philip that it means a lot to have them all there. Kate makes a crack about Victor having almost as many wives as Henry VIII; she believes Maggie brought out the best in him. She was the perfect match for Victor. Vivian comes in saying that is most assuredly a matter of opinion.

Was John too busy trying to find John Doe's memory he couldn't attend his former father in law's service? I mean, really?????

It was an odd service. I have a feeling lots of individuals speaking was left on the cutting room floor, so we could watch how pathetic Theresa has become. Of stupid in-fighting and picking on Xander.

Thanks Kris for taking this day on. You did a terrific job.

Thank you, Kris. Excellent summary. It felt like a lot of the characters were speacking not only of Victor, but of John Aniston as well. It all brought tears to my eyes, but maybe because am still missing my husband who died not quite 2 yrs. ago. Am glad the show did such a good job remembering Victor, and saying good-bye to John Aniston.

Nice, job, Kris!

I thought the same thing about the actors remembering John Aniston for himself and their characters remembering Victor.

Nicole should have been there.

Why the heck didn't Philip shave and get a haircut? Even in the suit, he looked grungy.

Chelsea looked great.

At least they explained the absence of Ciara and Ben.

Alex and Theresa? "New" Alex should stay away, hasn't he learned his lesson? And Theresa? She also lives in California. With a reference to Sex and the City, when Carrie had a fling with Harry's cousin from Chicago, in NY for Harry's wedding to Charlotte, this is called "expiration dating." One and done. But why? Brady will not care if Theresa wants to make him jealous. He could not be more dismissive of her.

Belle was just being kind to Philip by going up to him, but Shawn did not like her tender actions, that is obvious.

Bonnie had to backpedal with that remark about Sarah carrying Rex's baby. Oops!

I wish there were more flashbacks, like when Victor gave Maggie those pearls for their 10th anniversary. They looked amazing on her.

I hope we will see a continuation of Vivian tomorrow. That fleeting entrance was simply not enough for this week!

I was happy to see Nicole in a flashback, also original Bo! Am glad those actors gave permissions. Oh, Vivian definitely will be back, spoilers mention her.

A shame Shawn had to grab a booze drink, just because his wife helped Phil. Sheesh.I suppose now this means falling off the wagon, getting drunk, etc. etc. blah, blah. Marlena will be disappointed, wonder if AA is next for him. Days really relies too much on Salemites turning to booze, getting potzed, and the fallout from it.

An aside but Chelsea's backless dress was not really appropriate for a funeral service, even though it was black. Just me!

And as long as I am complaining, was not fond of Alex hopping on his skirt chasing bike so fast, but then Theresa sure was encouraging, wasn't she?

Again.......at a funeral service????

They were certainly explaining why some family members were not there.......and I do understand that some actors could have had a schedule conflict, making them unavailable to appear. Such as Ciara originally there, but got sick or something, so it was Chelsea instead, with Ciara's lines being given to Chelsea, with just a bit of change.

However, at the service........Philip, who was Victor's son, gets seated in the last row, while Alex in 2nd row. Justin, a nephew gets front row with the widow Maggie, and grandson, Brady, who barely has any lines at all. And Alex is grand-nephew, while Xander was a nephew, son of Vic's brother. At times, it does seem like ALL Salemites are related to one another in one way or another. Heck, even if not blood related, they are in-laws of some kind. lololol

Here we go with a Brady/Theresa/Alex triangle which is sickening. I posted in another thread that there is no way I'd want to see Jen Lilley (Theresa) paired with Robert Scott Wilson (Alex) as I thought she had a nice pairing with Eric Martsolf (Brady). They really work well together professionally and I think it shows through the camera that they (Eric Martsolf and Jen Lilley) love working together.

With Emily O'Brien (Gwen) supposedly taking over the role of Theresa, I couldn't care less if that's the route they go although I'm sick and tired of seeing Alex target every single woman he encounters. I don't want to see anyone lose their job, but it wouldn't be disappointing if they sent Alex off never to be seen again.

I must have missed it. Where are Ciara and Ben?
It's noted in the summary that Ciara couldn't travel because of her pregnancy.

It's weird that Brady is being such a dillweed towards Jeannie T, since they had been on good terms previously. Heck, at one point, he took Rachel to Theresa to take care of (which was bizarre that Jeannie T would even be willing to take care of Kristen's child, after what Kristen did to her).

I agree with @Just Samantha. It was very weird that Brady is being so awful to Theresa. He practically talks to her and Tate almost every week and was always all upbeat and nice, and today all of a sudden it's "not now or ever, you troll." Like, ummm, is Brady confusing her with someone else? Gee whiz. Theresa should have told him off. Brady is a jerk!

Good for Brady. Hopefully he hasn’t forgiven her for whacking his father over the head and putting him in a coma. Besides, Theresa seems to have sparks with Alex. Go that direction.

Did Brady get ticked because Theresa wanted to present them both as a "family" at the funeral service. It seemed that word "family" is what ticked him off. While they have been cordial, and are co-parents to their child. Brady feels she is pushing for more, and he doesn't want that at all.

It does seem, tho, that the writers don't have anyone mention a word about anything, then suddenly it is written that some problem has been going on for some time. Now we do not see the characters' 24 hr. days, and all their conversations, or know who the heck they hang out with every day.

But we have to remember, that ex-producer's shenanigans are going to be affecting the show for at least a few more months. (probably January) since the show filmed so far in advance.

Back