Days of Our Lives - Thursday, September 7, 2023

It as a very nice send-off for John Aniston/Victor. Unfortunately, since this is Salem, people have to act like idiots regardless of the situation.
—Sonny stupidly laying trash on Xander. He’s lucky others shut him up or he just might have attended the service wearing a neck brace and sitting in a wheelchair.
—Self-righteous Brady dumping all over Theresa.
— Obnoxious Sarah clinging to her big lie.
— Alex acting as if the service was a singles bar.
— Shawn guzzling Roman’s liquor supply as soon as the service was over.
— Vivian showing up uninvited at the end. Has she never heard of the concept of a decent interval?

Finally, there were many good performances today, especially Suzanne Rogers as the grieving Maggie.

Thanks, Kris.

I enjoyed the scenes with Victor at the end when Justin read the poem.

What a surprise to see Vivian at the end. We probably find out soon how she got out of jail.

Sarah's water broke. Will she finally tell Xander the truth about the baby after what he said at funeral?

Nice to see Chelsea.

Oh no, Shawn drank out of a bottle at the pub.

I agree about Suzanne Rogers, Maggie, did a good performance.

Brady's reaction to Theresa is really over the top considering he does reruns with everyone else. And considering they have apparently had a decent relationship you'd think a more muted response. I'm guessing that if anything happens at all with Alex it will be him helping to make Brady jealous. I really want no part of him hooking up with yet another woman and he certainly knows what she's up to so no need to make him look even more ridiculous.

I liked the Victor send off but I wish they'd found a way to have everyone there. Seems like there was more than enough time to plan for that so people like Marlena, John, Kayla etc could have been there for Maggie. And Nicole for sure which could have led to some great lines. And boo on setting up the stuff with Philip and that just allowing Shawn to flip the switch back to 'woe is me, Victor hated me: blah blah blah.

And I would have loved if they asked Jennifer Aniston to being sitting in a back chair.

Because who doesn't go trolling for girls at funerals?
Honestly, I love this, because this is the Alex character we met before they decided to force him with Stephanie after picking up her scarf or whatever.
So when he looks back, I remember how proud he was when I did something that pleased him, which wasn't often enough. I also remember his looks of disappointment when I let him down which was way too often. Dad, wherever you are, I hope you can see I'm still trying, striving, to be the man worthy of your love and respect.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Xander was right about Sonny. If Leo hadn't gotten involved in Bonnie's kidnapping, Sonny would have totally had an affair with him. lol.

Seems dumb not to have Chelsea and Shawn have a conversation about guilt since Chelsea knows how Shawn feels as she accidentally killed Zack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex acting as if the service was a singles bar.
I have to say as a male viewer I was pretty offended by the writers (but not surprised) doing that with Alex and Theresa of all days (it was a final goodbye to John Aniston and Victor), I mean come on. Perhaps I'm getting old (hint Eric Martsolf (Brady) is exactly 1 year and 11 days older than I am) but I thought it was rather poor. As for my wife, she doesn't watch the show as often but she would be disgusted by it as well.

I missed other Philip. I thought Shaggy Phil did a good job, and the writing was good, but since part of this was seeing the actors who worked with John Aniston (Victor) say goodbye, his heartbroken speech didn’t have quite the same impact. Still, Shaggy Phil did a good job with the scene.

What I didn’t need was the sense of randomness you got from Alex who’s really Ben so he barely seems connected to Victor, fill-in Chelsea, and sullen Shawn not speaking. I also don’t get why Brady is being so nasty to Theresa. Turning her down is one thing. Being a jerk is another.

It would have been nice if they’d laid ground work for her wanting him back. All it would have taken was some references to her and Brady commiserating over the Kristen situation and talking on the phone more or how grateful he’s been for her support. As this is now, she just seems delusional and desperate.

Still, I love seeing her. I think she and Brady are good fun. And Jen Lilley (Theresa) does messy, doe-eyed, troublemaking seductress with heart and spine like no one else. No one. Her sticking around would be great. No further comment here.

Justin and Brady’s speeches at the funeral were great. I appreciated the angst and pointedness of Xander’s speech and how twitchy it made Sarah. There’s something wonderfully dysfunctional yet sweet about him saying he and Victor are cut from the same cloth. It’s also true. None of Victor’s other pseudo kids (or even Philip) comes close to being like him.

I got a huge thrill seeing Vivian make an appearance. I’m sure I’ll be complaining about the absurdity of the story in a few weeks, but her arrival had classic soap vibes.

Rolf needs to resurrect Paige. I hate that Shane's grandchild was murdered.
JS, I’ve felt this way for years. And a Paige return wouldn’t be difficult even without resorting to Rolf. University Hospital mistakenly declared her dead. Then, when Paige revived in the hospital morgue, she was sent to a clinic in Switzerland. After her release, she stayed in the Alps waiting for the right moment to go back to dear old Salem.

A Paige return wouldn’t be as far fetched as many other resurrections.

— The incompetence of University Hospital is legendary and its staff could easily have decided that the unconscious Paige was dead.
— Because the hospital wanted to cover up its mistake and Eve wanted the best care for Paige, she was sent to a Swiss clinic.
— After her recovery, Paige spurned a return to third-rate Salem U. and used her top grades to enroll at the University of Zurich.
— Since then, Paige has been living and working in Zurich while trying to forget JJ and Ben, and studiously avoiding lost-cat lawyer Carrie and the unbearably dull Austin.
—Eve’s starring role in a Salem opera company production finally brings Paige back to Salem where Alex and Shaggy Phil promptly hit on her.

Back