Days of Our Lives - Tues., 10/17/17

What a depressing show. I can't understand why Nicole wouldn't just tell Eric the truth? He could play along, and meet up with her and Holly later at some point. They can figure out what to do to Brady after everything is settled. This is just absurd! I'm also really not feeling the Paul-Sonny stuff right now. Paul should be more sympathetic. And yet, I totally get him being upset about being left in the dark and things not getting resolved. They both need to have an adult conversation and make some big decisions.

Sami and Lucas was great to see. Much better than the crap with Bonnie. I can't believe how long this storyline has dragged out, especially since Hattie was already found out weeks ago.

In re: Paul/Sonny.....this seems oddly similar to John/Marlena/Roman from years ago. I seem to remember John & Marlena about to be married when Stefano brought in the very ill, /weak/or drugged Roman. I think in a wheelchair. Thus Marlena was torn between her husband, Roman (thought to be dead) whom she loved, and John, the man Stefano/Rolf gave all Roman's memories to, so everyone would believe he was Roman.

No, Will, Sonny, Paul is not the exact same....but it is similar. Paul & Sonny about to be married, when someone comes in to say Will , the late husband, is not dead. (Wonder why Ben felt this urgency suddenly to actually escape to tell this?)

As to What Lucas said about not being able to see Allie.....At one point, Sami was on the run, hiding from the DiMeras, living in secret, because of stealing the money. So, now Stefano is dead. And Sami has been running around searching for the dead husband, EJ., who she thinks MIGHT be alive because of that letter giving her all the codes and ways to get the DiMera money. At least that is what she said she was going to do when she last left Salem.

Heck Barb, that happened to Marlena, John and Roman TWICE! She came back from the dead, while John had gotten involved with Isabella, then John and Marlena were semi-reunited. They went to the island for to look for answers (as to who kept Marlena prisoner) and found the real Roman alive and well (with Wayne Northrop playing him again) in the jungle. She got back together with Roman, and the whole "Titan conference table" thing happened.

Then years later, it was the time you mentioned, with Roman (now played by Josh Taylor) being wheeled in, with his head/face wrapped in bandages.

Geez, not often you can talk about when your dead spouse came back, twice.

Wonderful job, DW....I have a nagging hunch that Victor is now playing Bonnie. And perhaps Justin & Maggie are in on it....maybe not. But it is not like Vic to cave so easily. Is Maggie very upset? Distraught? Is Justin blustering, since Adrienne supposedly moved back to the mansion to be with him.

Doesn't seem anyone is acting as we might think they should be.

Totally agree Poirot!

Thanks for the summaries all of you wonderful folks!
I think Victor has known something is up with "Adrienne" and got definitive proof with her slip up today. Why would she want to marry him? Oh, to get back at Maggie, but what has Maggie ever done to "Adrienne"? Ah yes, the wheels in his head are turning and Victor never forgets for sure.
Victor has got to be on to Bonnie. I'll be disappointed in Ron if he isn't.
Much better than the crap with Bonnie. I can't believe how long this storyline has dragged out, especially since Hattie was already found out weeks ago.
I certainly agree that everyone's reaction to the news of the proposed marriage was weird!

I'm going to hate it if Victor has just given in to Bonnie's lame "blackmail" scheme! He's WAY too strong and intelligent not to catch on NOW!

Forget? Never!

I'm so looking forward to not using my FF button so often. Perhaps the END of this stupidity is in sight:clap::clap:

I'm not a Sami fan, but I'm not finding her nearly as annoying as she has been in the past. Maybe the new writers can actually save her character, but it won't be an easy task!

Brady needs a good :whack:. I hope something happens to get him back to the nice, capable, loving person he has been in the past. Just my opinion! I've never understood why Nicole can't have some peace and happiness!?

Brady said if she did, she goes to prison, he will squeal. He probably wants to see himself his brokenhearted brother.

Heck, Nicole could go to some podunk town in New Hampshire, or Mississippi (far from the midwest...every state has it's podunk towns, lol) And 6 mos or so later, Eric could say he is going to Africa where he used to live......& just join her, telling no one. But...then Eric would have to give up all his family, and I am guessing Nik just did not want that for him. And therein shows the difference in Brady supposedly loving Nicole, and Eric loving Nik, with her loving him.

Brady is a selfish, vindictive man, and only cared for revenge against those he felt were in the wrong.

But Eric sacrificed the job he loved so the woman he loved would be happy, never told her. And Nicole sacrificed a happy life with the man she loved, to protect him, keep him in contact with his family, etc.

Back