Days of Our Lives - Tues. Apr. 27, 2010

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Episode #11,322 Taped 3/4/10 Director - Grant A. Johnson

Rather a so-so episode today, not too much happening today. In Daniel’s hospital room, Chloe has burst out with her “I’m so sorry, please forgive me”, puzzling Daniel & Melanie. Guilty looks pass between Philip & Chloe, as both Daniel & Melanie ask her what she means, she is silent in true soap opera style, finally saying something about being upset, going to Philip, they are friends (she doesn’t mention the “with benefits” part) which causes both Daniel and Melanie to apologize to Chloe & to Philip about causing stress earlier. Philip takes Chloe out in the waiting room to give Melanie & Daniel some alone time. Out at the nurse’s station, Vivian is reading Carly a riot act about being a homewrecker, ruining Chloe’s life, yada, yada. As Philip & Chloe come out, he gets a call from Shanghai he has to take, Chloe goes to thank Carly for helping Daniel, apologizing for calling her names, earlier, etc. Vivian eavesdrops, realizes her plan did not work, goes home.
Melanie tells Daniel all about the confession to Philip, how he did not take it too well, but has come round, talking of being honest, hinting she got that from Daniel. He assures her she got that from Maggie, which is a good thing, says he is not perfect, that he has made a lot of mistakes. But some mistakes turn out good, Melanie retorts, meaning herself. Daniel assures her she was no mistake.
Chloe & Philip are babbling at each other over at Java Café, no one must know, no one can ever find out, (why does this conversation sound like a repeat of Daniel & Kate a couple years ago..oh, that’s right, cuz it IS!) In comes Carly, who is on the phone, but eventually coming up behind them, causing them to finally shut up! Small talk, Philip leaves to check on Melanie, Chloe & Carly do another round of thank you for helping Daniel, Carly leaves. Chloe goes outside, calls Philip, does another round of “no one must know we had sex”, he agrees, she hangs up, turns around, and there stands Nathan!

Unfortunately, there wasn’t any wet paint around that I could watch dry for the next part, so bear with me, as we pop into the Cheatin Heart, where Nathan & Stephanie are munching on fries, drinking beer, exchanging hospital tales, enjoying their date, as she comments. He agrees, especially since a certain someone is not there. Cue him telling Stephanie how Melanie told him what she wrote in the letter, and how she is commited 100% to Philip, and how…magically….he is over her completely. Adrienne comes up, he goes for a couple more beers, Adrienne chats a bit with Stephanie about Nathan (looks like she is replacing Kayla as Stephanie’s confidante), Stephanie inquires about Justin, who is apparently o.k., but Adrienne claims to be out of the loop. More small talk, Adrienne comments she threw Justin away, Stephanie should be careful not to do that. Nathan returns, Adrienne leaves to do some paper work for her closing, he gets a call, has to cover for someone at the hospital. (tsk, tsk, and he has been drinking, right?) He leaves, Stephanie goes to the bar, more yakking to Adrienne how Nathan may not care for her as much as she does him, but it is getting there.

On the pier, Sami is frantically yelling for help, talking to an unconscious EJ, who seems to not be breathing. She begins CPR, doing compressions, a few “hold his nose shut, breathe in his mouth”, more compressions, all the while yelling for help, for someone to call 911. Suddenly, EJ sort of shudders, takes a big gulping breath, Sami is talking to him, he raises his head, trying to get up I think, she tells him to stay still, promising to get help, her arm around the back of his neck, and then their faces are very close, and they kiss. We hear sirens, she draws back, a cop arrives, calls for an ambulance, and next EJ is being wheeled onto the floor where Lexie panics at seeing him. Sami explains about him being mugged, already has been in ER, yada, yada. Lexie calls Stefano.

Vivian is at home ranting to Gus about how her plan failed, and not wanting to hear “I told you so” from him. She goes on and on about the nurse & the motel clerk spilling the beans about her, how her goose is cooked, how will she get out of this, when a lightbulb evidently goes off, a plan forms in her head, she comments how absolutely brilliant her idea is.

Philip is back at the hospital, but Melanie is not in Daniel’s room, having gone for some water. Daniel lets Phil know that Melanie told him everything, about the letter, and telling Philip, etc. and how committed to him she is. Philip assures Daniel he loves Melanie, Daniel says most fathers don’t feel any guy is good enough for their daughter, but “you come close”. But he also warns Philip, if he hurts his little girl, he will kill him.

Dr. Baker fingers EJ’s platinum bank card, debating, finally calling a friend of his. Wants him to hack into this account and get a number. He has the card, and the pin number on the back. His friend is reluctant, after learning it is a DiMera, Baker assures him all will be o.k. And then we hear Dr. Richard Baker, calling his bank, saying he is Robert Bishop (same initials, lol) wants to transfer money into his account from a pin protected account, but he has the number right here.

Stefano has called Rafe over to DiMansion, (call this filler scenes) to talk of EJ wanting Sami to move in there with the kids. Rafe lets him know what Sami does or where she lives is none of his business, Stefano wants to know if he still has feelings for her. They go round and round, as Rafe wonders why EJ suddenly wants to live back with Stefano, and bring Sami & the kids….when he hates Stefano’s guts and already was living with Sami & her kids. What does Stefano have on EJ? Stefano grandly denies, falls back on the “being ill” garbage, which is laughable as he stands, sipping the brandy he just poured himself. Rafe doesn’t buy it, Stefano admits he doesn’t like Sami, she is impulsive, and lies at the drop of a hat. But, his son seems to want her there, so Stefano will accept that, since then both he & his son can keep an eye on the children much better. After all, family is everything. Stefano gets the call from Lexie, and hurries over to the hospital.

Stefano arrives, followed by Rafe. Lexie take Stefano aside, as Rafe goes to EJ’s room. Stefano rants about the ineffective Salem P.D., vowing that whoever did this will be sorry they crossed paths with the DiMeras.
Inside EJ’s room, Sami sits beside EJ’s bed, he complains of his head hurting, asks what happened. She tells him he was attacked, just like the DA, Abe & Justin. He thanks her for helping, she comments he already showed her his gratitude, he has no idea what she is talking about, she says it is not important. We can see Rafe peering around the corner of the doorway. Sami tells EJ he has a concussion, she doesn’t know what she’d tell the kids if anything happened to him, but he is going to be o.k. …. best news she has heard all week. Rafe tiptoes away.

Barb

Thanks for the write up! Other than Stephanie & Nathan....sounds like an interesting show.

If Daniel finds out about what Philip did, I feel sorry for Philip. Not only did you cheat on his daughter...but with his fiance'. YIKES!!!!

Oh I am so excited for Philip and Daniel to one day have it out. Sorry but all those dimples mixed with fists and rumbling....so hot!!

Nathan is still not cutting it for me. It seems to me he is still leading on Miss Stephanie. Did he even mention how he kissed Mel and wanted her to leave her husband?

Thanks for the write up!

great writeup. sounds like an ok episode I guess.

oh I am also looking forward to the philip and daniel showdown. cant wait.

EJ + Sami

Thanks for the write up. I CAN'T wait to see that kiss.

I wish the writers would give Vivian something more to do. I'm so sick of her trying to kill Carly. It's gotten old! :rolleyes: Thanks Barb! :)

OMG, I wonder if Nathan actually heard Chloe. Did she actually say Philip's name on the phone?

Thanks for a spectacular summary, even if you would prefer to write about drying paint at times.

kpatch according to spoilers nathan definitely heared everything and knows it was philip she was talking too.

@kpatch....we see him come up behind Chloe (not his face) as she is talking, so yes, he heard every word. After she hangs up, she turns, and there is Nathan, sort of shifting uncomfortably.

Thanks for enduring the Stephanie Nathan talk about Melanie again scenes and giving up the day ahead full details! If he's really over her, Steph, WHY oh why do you keep talking about her?

Chloe Chloe Chloe!!! What don't you get about how to keep a secret. Poroit...did Carly actually get something from the Java or was she just stalking Chloe and Philip?

@kpatch...oh you know he's gonna use that to his advantage and stupid Stephanie is going to go gaga over that.

Sami and EJ? This is like the steam room scene all over again. Rafe is playing Lucas' role. Stupid, stupid Sami. Hope you like living as a DiMera instead of a Brady. Maybe you need to jump off that cliff like Colleen to escape the hold EJ has on you.

Sounds like a good show. I may actually have to watch it instead of just reading about it. I feel kind of bad for Rafe. I can't believe I'm interested in what happens in the Chloe/Dan/Melanie/ Philip story. They had me bored for so long. Poor crazy Vivian needs a hobby. Isn't she supposed to be planning a wedding not crazy revenge plots? I've been wondering why Gus is so against her using Chloe to get to Carly. Maybe he's a fan of her opera?

Thanks Poirot! Everything sounds great to me, except for Stephanie/ Nathan.

Just watched the episode and I do not think Chloe ever said Philip's name when she called him on her cell outside of Java and Nathan overheard. He may well have overheard her say that she had a one night stand and Daniel can never find out, but he would not know who she was calling.

Back