Days of Our Lives -Tues., Aug. 14, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, August 14,2018

And the truth shall set you free, except in Salem, where it involves others into the problems created by secrets. An angry Paul faces Sonny at the Kmansion, accusing him of having an affair with Will behind his back, he shows as proof the “letter” from Ted he found. Sonny takes his time, hesitates, but finally tells Paul the entire tale, how it was an accident, Leo dead, Ted blackmailing, etc. This is done thruout the show. He also explains not telling Paul, not wanting to get him involved.

Meanwhile, replay of Will coming to see Kate to borrow money, and seeing Ted come out in a towel. Will is shocked, his gramma is with this lowlife who repped Leo? Kate does all her fake excuses, about not meeting Ted til all was over, yes they are dating, and tho she confronted him about representing lowlife Leo and now Ben, Ted explained even lowlifes deserve counsel. Will is pretty upset (good acting job here) as he starts to tell why Ted not a good guy. But Ted interrupts, goes on about Will & Sonny killing Leo, he has proof. But Will jumps in, no, was all an accident, tells the tale of Leo trying to choke him, hitting his head, why they did not call police, etc. etc. Ted tells of having kept tabs on them all, but Will breaks the news of the blackmail, 7-8 figures, which is why Will came to see Kate. Now Will threatens Ted, telling him he stay away from Kate, leave now…but Kate can take care of herself, gets Will to leave. And now, faces off with Ted…telling him he has to drop this, he replies, no, he cannot.

Brady & Eric sit in the square, happy to be brothers again, both engages. They kid around about weddings, with Brady commenting on the “theme” he & Eve picked out…circus, elephants, trapeze artists, etc. Nah, just kidding. Now they joke about having a triple wedding, Joh n & Marlena, Eve & Brady, Jen & Eric. Marlena comes by, asks if they are sharing secrets. LOL. She sits with them, checking off her “to do” list. (Nicole is discussed briefly by Eric & Brady before Mom arrives). Marlena is happy…..Paul will do a reading, also Will is going to do one. And these two are gonna be walking me down the aisle. Eric asks about Sami, Marlena says not coming, too embarrassed to face Hope after what happened last year with Rafe. Both Brady & Eric says doesn’t sound like Sami, Eric promises to call her, see what he can find out. Right now, he has to go see Jen. He takes off, Marlena asks Brady how he is doing without Tate. Not good, still mad at Grandfather, his fault, Theresa & I had it all worked out, til he stuck his nose in. He doesn’t think he can ever forgive him. Eve comes up….Well you had better change your mind about that.

Abby walks in on the cozy group in Chad’s bedroom. Gabi is surprised to see her there, but Abby is surprised to see Gabi THERE. Gabi gets up, takes Ari down for those pancakes at last. Abby now talks to Chad, who is obviously still upset. He answers truthfully the hows and whys, but is short, matter of fact. Abby understands, knows he needs time, she is carrying Stefan’s baby, something she hopes they can both work thru, talk about. She loves him, knows he loves her, Gabi quietly opens the door, listens a bit, then barges in, sorry to interrupt, Ari wants Chad to make his famous blueberry pancakes. Duty calls, he leaves. Abby closes the door, tells gabi not so fast. She talks of why Gabi was there in Chad’s room, Gabi makes her usual quick excuses, how she is friends of them both, wants them together, and all that other hogwash. Abby has been suspicious, but seems to accept all Gabi says. Gabi hugs Abby, who looks pensive over Gabi’s shoulder, while Gabi has that satisfied smirk on her face, as she looks over Abby’s.

Eve has come to see Jen, congrats on engagement, & not telling Eric why Nicole left. They go back & forth, if Jen tells Eric, he will leave her, but then Jen will inform Brady how Eve helped lose him his son. Standoff! Eve insults Jen a lot…finally leaves. Jen is torn, is contemplating. Eric knocks……she answers, he is smiling, but seeing her face…what is wrong? Eric, we have to talk.

I will be glad when they find out that Gabi is indeed NOT their friend! Seriously, she interrupts Chad and Abigail who have big issues because Ari wants Chad's "famous" banana blueberry pancakes? What happened to chocolate chip and sprinkles she was so excited about! Gabi never even said oh I'm sorry I didn't realize you were still here. Just pancakes are more important than Chad and Abigail's issues.

Paul finds that note and his first thought is that Sonny and Will are hooking up? Really? Note seemed more sinister than that.

Kate really doesn't have good luck with men does she? I think her most stable one was Roman but of course he was killed on their wedding day. Wonder what she is going to do about scheming Ted.

[Sami is]...too embarrassed to face Hope after what happened last year with Rafe.
I agree with Eric. In all the years I have known, and barely tolerated, Sami Brady, I have never seen her embarrassed about anything.

Kate really doesn't have good luck with men...
I wonder if that's because she doesn't charge for it anymore. She was supposedly a "high-class" hooker (What an oxymoron!) so maybe she's bedding a lower class of men since she's gotten a mite long in the tooth.

I really want to knock the ever loving snot out of Gabi. I'm sick of her lies and manipulations. We've seen her do this to Chad and Abigail before, and even that was one time too many for me. She needs to go visit Mama Hernandez, and get lost for a long long while until she has a personality / morals upgrade.

Can somebody blow up a building while Gabi is inside? She can die and I won't have to watch that smug satisfied smirk on her annoying face again. Too bad her stalker friend, Andrew, is dead, he could have helped her again.

Last edited:
Thanks, Poirot.

I enjoyed Eve's snarky jokes to Jen. Eve must be spending time with Victor.

I thought of "Fred" the elephant when Brady talked about a circus theme wedding.

So, Kate and Paul know the truth about Leo's death. What's Kate going to do to
Ted so he won't go to the police?

Nice scenes with Marlena, Eric and Brady. Will Eric call Sami to find out what's
going on with her?

Will Jen tell Eric the truth about Nicole? She needs to before someone else does.

Abby found her backbone and then lost it again and then appeared to find it again and then lost it. I hate this!

Why am I watching Kate in lingerie 2 days in a row while John and Marlena got a 30 second afterglow scene on Friday?

Marlena and her sons were the best part of the show. Can we please now fix the dialogue so that both Brady and Eric refer her as Mom instead of just Eric referring to her as Mom?

I don't understand why Eve went to see Jennifer or why Jennifer let her in.

How can Abby be so stupid? Did she suffer some sort of brain injury?
She probably did. Living with ranting Jenny for some many years probably affected her brain not to mention her judgment. After all, what sane woman (besides Sami) would shower with EJ.

[Gabi] needs to go visit Mama Hernandez, and get lost for a long long while until she has a personality / morals upgrade.
Sadly, Gabi's utter lack of morality means that she fits right into Salem society.
I agree with Eric. In all the years I have known, and barely tolerated, Sami Brady, I have never seen her embarrassed about anything.
Being Sami means never having to say you're sorry, being embarrassed, and never avoiding a confrontation. Instead of fearing a meeting with Hope, Sami would relish the opportunity to really rip into Hope who's open to criticism on many fronts. And if Will wants to really intimidate Ted, he should say something like, "I'm going to tell my mother on you."

Last edited:
How can Abby be so stupid? Did she suffer some sort of brain injury?

She probably did. After she was beaten badly in prison, she could have been in a mini-coma that wasn't diagnosed by the inept prison doctors.

I didn't know Abigail was even in prison, much less beaten. I don't watch much but I keep up with this board on a consistent basis. Did you mean Gabi? :)

Yes, I meant Gabi -- Gabi, Gabby, and Abby can get confusing at times just like Salemites tangled family trees. Speaking of Abby, both she and her mother should learn to slam the Deveraux front door in the faces of unwanted visitors. As others have mentioned, why does she let Pervy O. McSlime into the house? And why did Jenny let Eve in yesterday? She had to know that conniving Eve was there to dish out a helping of nasty remarks.

Back