Days of Our Lives - Tues. Aug. 17, 2010

Melanie isn't a pushover and they should stop making her into a victim. She and Stephanie should take self defense classes with a Hilda-type cop as the teacher.
sounds good to me kpatch.

Where is the doctor that gave Hope the presecription for the sleeping pills, shouldn't he be testifying about the affects of the pill?
you know I was thinking the samething.

LOL Poor Hilga, I liked her.

I agree, Melanie and Nathan, no chemistry.

Nathan and Stephanie kind of do. That's the sad thing. I like them together, but hate that they have to (yet again) make her nuttier than a can of almonds.

I caught a really crappy thing that EJ said (not that that's surprising). When Lexie asked Sami if there was anything she could do to help with the wedding, Sami said she could prescribe sedatives for her whole family. Then EJ turned to Lexie and said "If you're too busy for that, we can just ask Hope". He's being such a smug b*stard over his upcoming wedding that he thinks anything he says is just too cute for words. At least Lexie had the sense to tell him it wasn't funny.

LOVED the Rafe and Nicole scenes. While I'm still a Sami/Rafe fan, she is so unlikable right now that it's impossible for me to root for her. Hopefully that will change, but I'm not holding my breath.

I loved the comment Stephanie made when Nathan told her about Melanie almost being strangled today. I know it was rude of her to say it to him but I was thinking the exact same thing that Steph was thinking. I really wished Nate wouldn't have saved Melanie that way we wouldn't have to see her acting like a teenager trying to get all the boys to like her.

When Melanie came around over a year ago...she was far more street savvy then she is now...that's for sure....but I don't think for one minute that she intentionally put herself in harm's way in order for someone to "save her".

Early this AM I finished watching this episode for the 3rd time. Did anyone else notice the conversation between Ian and Stephanie where he mentioned hacking in and changing her college grades. So it looks like coniving sweet (LOL) Steph has been a Cheet for a long time.

I'm sure what Bo did having himself, Justin and Abe testify on Hope's behave had a lot to do with her reduced sentence. Although I could still see in Hope's eyes that "stop telling me what to do, I'll make my own decisions" glance when Bo was dragging her attorney off to talk. Kristian Alfonso plays this character so well with just her eyes you can still see the pain she is in and how confused she still is with Bo's new found I'll be there for you attitude.

And not to mention EJ's, ok I won't he is slim from the lowest level of pond scum (IMHO). But then I guess that's what makes any soap good...the Good, the Bad and the Evil!

Okay Steffee, now you're insulting pond scum and it's slime. :)

And I agree with everyone who said that Melanie was way to street smart to let herself get into that situation. At the very least, she'd have been able to get free on her own (unless it was someone on PCP) I like that she's been softened, but not to the extent she has.

As mentioned previously...a year ago, Melanie would have taken care of that guy herself.....

I respectfully disagree. I like Melanie and Nathan together. They never really got things moving in their relationship, so we only ever got to see the innocent sparks. I think they have chemistry. I can't stand Philip with Melanie and I can't stand Stephanie...period!

Stephanie went from being fun and sweet (and redheaded) to being a ****ty witch to fun and sweet again (with Max...I miss Max) to fun and strong (with Philip) to a ****ty witch again. She needs a new guy!

When I see Philip and Chloe together, it reminds me of when they were high school sweethearts. I'd actually love to see them end up together... with Victor fuming.

When I see Sami and EJ together, I think about when EJ first showed up in Salem and Sami was schoolgirl flustered over him. I loved when they briefly got together...though nothing happened and Lucas was back in. Then I think of when Lucas was in jail and the chemistry that EJ and Sami had, even when she was pregnant and confessing to Lucas how much she loved him.. not to mention confessing to Rafe!

They do have chemistry and the Days writers NEVER allowed us to experience more than a few days of it at a time. Unfortunately, EJ has become more and more slimy and Sami more and more innocent...but those of us who can remember may yearn for that chemistry again. The Days writers NEVER flash back to those good times they once had, and the real feelings.

Too long, I know, but I LOVE Rafe and Nicole!! That was hot!

Back