Days of Our Lives -Tues., Aug. 21, 2018

Eve was highly annoying as well with her bullying of Jennifer with her "Mean Girl" attitude. I thought it was really nasty and such shade by Eve sending Jennifer a book called "How Bad Girls Keep Their Man" Eve just can't stop taking jabs. Eve was so close to telling Belle that Ben Weston is living at Claire's.
Eve was a total downer. Brady Black can really pick 'em. Like all his past inappropriate relationships, this one is sure to blow up in his clueless face. (If Eric and Brady knew the truth about Eve's current nastiness, they just might have thrown their darts at her.)

But Hope has NO idea whatsoever what a self-absorbed brat Claire is.
These days, Hope doesn't seem to have any ideas in her head at all except: "Ben must go." It's too bad that Andre can't come back to life and give her something else to think about.

Finally, it was good to see the party-goers tolerate Susan. Her Salem apology tour went a lot better than Ben's.

Eve's digs have no place in this (or any) story.

I liked Claire being in charge. I am a Claire fan.

John and Marlena's scenes have everything. Steve and Kayla's too. I was hoping, even having read the summary, that Steve's pleas to help Kayla would get her to confide in him.

As much as I love Christie Clark, if she wasn't available, I'd have taken Traci Middendorf or Andrea Barber for a few-days' role as Carrie. She needs to be at her parents' wedding (after all, they raised her).

Call me converted. I didn't think anyone could play Susan but Stacey Haiduk is doing a fantastic job. She must have studied tapes - she has the moves, the facial expressions, and the voice is nearly perfect.

Aside from the LAME parties, I thought today was comical! I loved when John saw Marlena and said Arrrggghhh like a pirate. Haha! John was definitely the star of the show today. I enjoy when there is a bit of comedy mixed in! The portrayal of Susan fell flat for me. I'm more interested in what this new actress can bring to the character of Kristen. It didn't work for me today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was funny when Susan was playing with doll's head and said vintage 1994. I think that's
around the time Marlena was possessed.

Is Susan really Kristen? We'll just have to keep watching.

Oh yeah, katmouse - I actually laughed out loud when Susan said that! I think she actually turned the dolls head all the way around... indeed, 1994 is when Marlena was possessed. And then Val said she didn't understand, and Kayla basically said - You don't want to know. LOL!

I am also wondering if Susan is really Kristen. Or is somehow working with Kristen. Surely that wouldn't be so, but Susan being Kristen is a possibility in my mind. She didn't respond to Will as I expected her to. Of course, she's "cured", but even still, she didn't act as I expected toward him.

But Hope has NO idea whatsoever what a self-absorbed brat Claire is. She just ignores her completely. Please understand, would not bother me in least if Claire went off to NY to sing, or L.A. to try her luck. But she is in Salem, alone, is very young, and Hope has yet to offer a single word of acknowledgement, caring, etc. Not even a call to ask how she is faring. Yes, I understand her concern for Ciara now......but her ignoring of Claire has been going on since Claire arrived. Abe & Val have interacted with Claire....even Roman, but definitely not Hope.

I could be way off but it seems like they would prefer Hope not have a granddaughter at all (hence the lack of on screen interaction) keeping her character seemingly younger to pair with Rafe. He's showing his gray now and I wondered if that was to make him appear older and have the couple appear more in sync with one another age wise. Obviously, he could just want to be done dying his hair out of personal preference too! But, with his graying hair and her younger style they look pretty good together! And, yes...I know people of all ages date. It's just something I noticed and briefly wondered...

But, yes - Hope should be just as concerned about Claire with Ben as she is with Ciara!

I could be way off but it seems like they would prefer Hope not have a granddaughter at all (hence the lack of on screen interaction) keeping her character seemingly younger to pair with Rafe. He's showing his gray now and I wondered if that was to make him appear older and have the couple appear more in sync with one another age wise. Obviously, he could just want to be done dying his hair out of personal preference too! But, with his graying hair and her younger style they look pretty good together! And, yes...I know people of all ages date. It's just something I noticed and briefly wondered.

I don't think it's "they". I think it's Kristian Alfonso(Hope) who wants Hope to come off as younger than she actually is.

I'm reminded of when I read many years ago that Eileen Fulton (Lisa on As The World Turns) had it written in her contract at one time that she would never become a grandmother on the show. :back:

Back