Days of Our Lives - Tues., Aug. 30, 2016

Whose ring is Nicole wearing? Is that from Deimos or is it Daniel's? I'm thinking it's Daniel's since she keeps twisting it but I really don't know.

Was kind of crazy when Brady answered "not like this", when Theresa said Maggie and Victor take medications. It was a capsule. What was so unusual? And reading the speculations on here, I hope Theresa isn't behind the Tatenapping. :cry:

I can't believe how long it took Chloe and Philip to realize that Kate probably told Deimos about the pregnancy. And did Kate really disguise her voice that good that Deimos didn't know?

I do like the idea of Victor and Deimos working together.

And I get really tired of Hope's holier than though attitude. You're a murderer and Aiden is going to find out. Get ready.

Last edited:
This episode really didn't do it for me over all but I did get a lot of reading done. Today's page turner was John Grisham's The Rogue Lawyer. If you're a fan of his work and haven't read it I recommend picking it up. It's quite good. :)

But there were a few moments I found noteworthy: I got a chuckle out of Doug and Julie thinking that Kate would actually run a Bed and Breakfast. I guess they don't know her very well do they? LOL

A couple of weeks ago I would have applauded the Scuzzy One confronting Deimos. Sure it still would have been an empty gesture but I liked where they seemed to going with him and Nicole. But now? Well, it's going to be a long time before I can ever type Scuzzy's name again especially after his behavior in yesterday's episode. Still I kind of liked the scene although I'm not quite sure why. I do think it needed a better punchline then Deimos shutting the door in his face. I kind of wanted Deimos to go the mock horror route. Jaw dropped with his eyes open wide like he was really scared. Yes it probably would have looked stupid but I still would have gotten a kick out of it. LOL

I can't stand what they've done to Kate, and it makes no sense that Theresa would do that to Tate and have freaked out the way she did about Summer. Plus, they shot footage where she woke up without Tate, no one else was around, and she freaked.

At no point while Tate was missing, did they give any indication that she wasn't genuinely upset--even when she was alone. Still, I'm guessing the writers are going that direction. I don't know that I care to watch much longer if they keep pulling these hard left turns (like with Aiden). I feel like I can't trust the characters that they build, so what's the point? It's too bad. I've been watching since I was a kid in the '80s.

Last edited by a moderator:
macgyverswife, Nicole is still wearing the ring Daniel gave her.

Why didn't Doug and Julie's lawyer put something in the sale of the B&B
that there were permanent residences? I wonder how many lived there.

Kate used her cell phone to call Deimos. The landline must not be set up to
show who's calling. And why didn't Deimos recognize Kate's voice?

Nice to see Tate out of the stroller standing and walking.

The big news of the day is Roman solved a mystery. Aiden lost his cell phone and
Roman told him it was in the interrogation room
:)

Thanks for the summary. It was a decent show. I, too, am shocked that Doug & Julie actually believe Kate would run a bed & breakfast! Guess she'll be "bedding and breakfasting" Andre soon enough, knowing her character under these writers--or for that matter, the writers of the past few years. Still, felt bad for all those residents.

Hope & Rafe/Aiden--enough already. I wish Roman had something better to do than be involved with this. Why isn't he helping Brady and Theresa find the kidnapper? And I sure hope it isn't Theresa. Not only would it not make sense and be bad story, but it would mean the return of stupid, drinking, mean, drug-addict Brady and a whiny woman after him. We saw enough of that with Kritter in 2012, 2013 and 2014.

I think the Chloe/Deimos/Nicole/Dario thing could be interesting, but Dario is better suited for Chloe than Nicole. He's closer to her age too. Would rather see that develop. And why does Nicole have to always be confiding in him instead of her good friend, Rafe? Hopefully this will change when she learns Dario is behind Gabi's near-robbery. In any case, this storyline really has potential.

I was enjoying the nice break from Hope but alas....

The hurt on Nicole's face when Deimos told her about Chloe's pregnancy made me just want to reach through the screen and hug her.

Kate taking over the Martin House is sort of absurd.

Why on earth would Philip and Chloe tell Kate about the pregnancy already???

Victor shows up at Deimos's door, still angry at him, figuring he set him up. Deimos assures him he did not, that everything is just tooo perfect, but asks if he has considered that someone else may have set them both up?
Wow, I like it when they get creative. This is mildly intriguing.
Deimos answers the door, Dario is there, telling him to not hurt Nicole, that if he does, he will answer to Dario.
What, will he get Summer and his hired goon to ice Deimos? Talk about a fly threatening the lion.
Doug & Julie are very happy that Kate has expedited the sale of the Martin House from them to her, they have to go be with Jennifer...even talking of Jen making arrangements for a memorial service.
I was pleasantly surprised that this story turnaround was explained. I was wondering why Doug & Julie would sell, and this makes a lot of sense. +50 points. :)
He could've identified the capsule by looking at red/white capsules
I'll throw in that there are apps where you can type in a drug name (presuming that Brady knew what drug was in Jeannie T's system) and it comes up with pictures of all the various forms of said drug. Would be a quick way to match known drug to pill form.
The big news of the day is Roman solved a mystery. Aiden lost his cell phone and
Roman told him it was in the interrogation room
:)
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Wow! Roman didn't cover up that big one!! LOL

I'm baffled by Nicole's confiding in Dario. But I'm also not ready for her to go on a Sami Gene-esque "He's CHANGED!" tour.

I liked the Justin/Adrienne interaction as well...especially the reflective scene with Adrienne imploring Justin: "Tell me you're not as lost as it feels." I also loved Philip saying that Parker would be happy about the Chloe/Philip* pregnancy, and how Chloe mentioned that Parker still loves Philip!!! Please...Days...go with this idea. Keep it going until Parker is a Kiriakis again!

The Martin House isn't a huge, Oprah size mansion. It's a just a large house, like the Horton house.
During the lead-up to the Bicentennial, the Martin "Mansion" was spoken about as a rather large Victorian house. Definitely not DiMansion scale (or Oprah-scale), but I'd bet larger than the Horton House. (Then again, when the writers ignore things from last month, why should they care about the ancient history of October 2015?)

I am not interested in Rafe/Hope and the saga of the revolving DA of Salem. I don't care that Hope feels she has to quit. Surprise me somehow or move on.

Zinger of the month goes to Philip: "If the kid turns out to be an egomaniacal criminal, we might ask for a blood test. Until then, take a hike." I've never been as much of a Philip fan as I am right now!!

Forgot to mention: Did Kate's blue chunk shrink? Her hair looked darker today, and I didn't even notice it in her first few scenes. I think she looked fabulous, even though I have no use for her character. Her jewellry was understated, too.

Brady/Jeannie T - for a second I thought perhaps Jeannie T drugged herself to frame Victor or Summer, then had the baby napped out from under her by someone else. And that the pill might have been a genuine accident. But her zeal to make an (alleged) "airtight case" against Victor is making me think she's more culpable than we've been led to believe.

There has to be something more here. Victor is a master criminal, former drug kingpin, and prime target of the ISA (from its days of general competence). He's not going to leave a pill lying about on the floor, especially when he was in prison for the last...?? hours/days/weeks. *stares pensively into the distance*

To orchestrate a kidnapping of this magnitude would require a lot of money. If indeed Theresa was behind the whole caper, where would she obtain such a bank roll to fund it, without Brady, the Black Patch agency, Salem's finest (ha, ha) and any other super sleuths working on the case, finding the money trail?

You can do it on any phone. I believe you just dial *67 before dialing any number and your number is blocked from caller ID on that call.

My landline is unlisted and if I want my number to show up on caller ID (some places automatically block unlisted numbers), I have to dial *82 to temporarily "un-hide" my number when I place a call.

Yup. I am leaning towards Theresa being involved, too. Oh well.

Boo Hoo, Hope quit again, wait they still have Lani as a detective - oh wait! I keep hearing Roman saying she's the best, blah blah blah, but what has she done as far a case lately?

Boo Hoo, Hope quit again, wait they still have Lani as a detective - oh wait! I keep hearing Roman saying she's the best, blah blah blah, but what has she done as far a case lately?
What has Lani done as far as a case lately? Nothing, since she's been off the show for awhile now.

Or did you mean what Hope has done? Nothing, since she's been busy, doing whatever she has been doing.

I'd like to know what Shawn has been doing on cases lately, since all we ever see him do is look at his daughter from afar while she is singing on Benchie to imaginary audiences, and talk with Belle about aforementioned daughter.

Back