Days of Our Lives - Tues., Aug. 30, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2016

Philip & Chloe meet up with Kate, tell her that Chloe is pregnant with Philip's baby, she doesn't believe it, insults Chloe as usual, asks Phil if he has had a blood test done, ends up walking off after Phil tells her it was just a courtesy call, they felt she should know. Kate now flashes back to conversation wherein she discussed Chloe knowing already that Deimos was alive. She gets an idea, calls Deimos, uses another voice, pretending to be Chloe's gynecologist's office, wanting to talk to her about her pre-natal regimen. Deimos is puzzled, Chloe isn't there, Kate now claims to have a cell number, sorry to bother you, hangs up, grinning.

Nicole had arrived, but Deimos takes off to run a couple errands, tells her to make herself at home. Chloe & Phil are going over a list of people they have to call and tell, Phil gets a business call he has to take, and along comes Deimos to confront Chloe about being pregnant, knows he is the father. Nope, Phil returns, stands with Chloe, telling Deimos to get lost. Deimos is really insistent here.

Nicole has gone to the park, sits as Dario arrives. She wants to tell him of her decision, (she keeps twisting her ring) appreciates no lecture, considers him a very good friend, always has listened to her. Hugs.

(The show jumps around so much, so sorry if the summary seems to do so as well. ) Victor returns home with Justin, is out on bond. And there is Maggie, Caroline brought her home. Vic is sorry he wasn't there, is very loving and tender with her. He still thinks Deimos has set him up, though, despite getting the surgery for Maggie. Could be part of his "changed man" plot.

Hope is down at the cop shop, confronting Aiden about being the D.A., warning him it is not going to make her think better of him, no matter he thinks perhaps working closely with her is the answer. Later, with Roman & Rafe, she is demanding answers from Roman, as to why Abe appointed him, why Justin resigned. Roman says it was the only option they had. Hope gets mad, throws her badge on the table, she quits. She leave, Rafe follows telling Roman he will see what he can do.

Hope & Rafe go to her house, figure Aiden found some dirt on Justin, call him over. Without telling them particulars, he admits that he did something which was not a danger to anyone, but was a mistake, and there was no way to rectify it. Aiden found out, let him resign, not pressing any charges if he did so, thus Abe was stuck with appointing Aiden the D.A

Theresa is on floor with Tate, who is toddling around, Brady comes in, she is working on her wedding dress, will do his tux as well. Small talk about clothes, and his closet, where she wants to get rid of most of his clothes. He tells her to leave his bowling shirt alone. She tells him Maggie is home, they should go visit with Tate.

Victor shows up at Deimos's door, still angry at him, figuring he set him up. Deimos assures him he did not, that everything is just tooo perfect, but asks if he has considered that someone else may have set them both up?

Nicole arrives, Deimos tells her immediately about the wrong number call giving him info about Chloe, she is pregnant, and he is positive he is the father. He confronted her, she denied it, but he figures he is. This causes Nicole to take a step back, she is not going to say anything at all for now. She needs to regroup, she leaves.

Over at the B&B, Doug & Julie are very happy that Kate has expedited the sale of the Martin House from them to her, they have to go be with Jennifer...even talking of Jen making arrangements for a memorial service. (Thought the husband would be in charge of that? Julie notes that there are a few guests who live there permanently, and they know Kate will make them feel comfortable. They leave, Kate waits about 3 second, calls one man, telling him she is the new owner, and he has to move out today.

Brady, Theresa & Tate are visiting Maggie, Theresa goes to make tea, taking Tate. Brady & Maggie talk just a tiny bit about Victor possibly being the kidnapper. We hear Tate crying, he must want his toy, it is on the floor. Brady picks it up, spots a pill, claims it is a mint. Later at home, he is about having a fit, as he looks up this pill, which is the same drug that Theresa had in her system when Tate was kidnapped. She tries to calm him down, saying they just should take it to the police. They have that phone with Victor's number programmed into it, should give them an airtight case. She goes to check on Tate, Brady bags the pill.

Deimos answers the door, Dario is there, telling him to not hurt Nicole, that if he does, he will answer to Dario.

Kate looks around the house, is telling herself this place needs a complete renovation, answers a knock at the door, tis Andre, noting he saw the bunch of people dragging luggage down the hill. He reminds her they had a plan, she claims she is still out for vengeance, he thinks vengeance is good, revenge even better. She has a few people with whom she wants to deal, has invited him in for a drink, they are toasting.

Victor is at home, tells Maggie that perhaps Deimos is right. This is all really too neat.. Maggie thinks that is good news, Deimos isn't guilty. Yes, replies Victor, but then, who is?

Chloe answers the door, it is Nicole, who strides in, says you are going to tell me the truth, I will know in 2 seconds if you are lying. Is Deimos the father of your baby?

Yup still think Jeannie T is behind the Tatenapping. I suspect the truth will come out at the wedding.

I liked Nicole's casual look and the fact that she was wearing flats. Note to Jennifer.

Overall, another snoozefest but slightly more bearable than yesterday.

However, it IS amazing, that Brady could tell from just LOOKING at a red & white capsule that it contained the same drug that knocked out Theresa. Really, how you would you possibly search for what such a pill could be/contain.

But, yep, Theresa seems even more than ever to be "THE" one.

But I did look it up (red & white capsule)...and found this.......

Sorry, there's no way to ID a pill without an imprint. All Rx and OTC drugs in the US are required by law to have an imprint, otherwise it could be a vitamin, herbal, energy, diet, foreign or illicit.

So...maybe the capsule had an imprint????

Last edited:
He could've identified the capsule by looking at red/white capsules, then looking at any writing/imprints on it.

I did that when my grandmother was sick one time. She'd throw all un-taken pills into one bottle. We had no clue what they were. So I went online and was able to identify them by what they looked like and the writing on them.

It's not difficult to do. Probably even easier now with smartphones and apps.

What a good episode. Kate sure was a busy body today. Now she has her own Oprah sized mansion.

So my guess now is perhaps Andre is responsible for the Tatenapping. Andre hinted at Kate about wanting revenge still on Deimos. He conveniently showed up in today's episode when pretty much to us viewers Deimos isn't responsible anymore.

Chloe and Philip announcing to Kate so soon I think was a huge mistake on their part. Kind of figured Kate did not buy it. She didn't flip out.

It was confrontations Tuesday. One was pointless, one was just stupid, and the other two may have future implications. There was Hope imitating Jenny's practice of pointless confrontations by going out of her way to glower at an apparently unimpressed Aiden. Then there was slimy Dario stupidly threatening Deimos, a man who can probably squash him like a bug. The two with implications involved Deimos and Nicole who clearly smell a rat when it comes to the Chloe pregnancy. Regardless of their merits, these events were all par for the course in Salem. The true civic outrage was Doug and Julie actually selling the lovingly-restored Martin House to Kate whose respect for historic landmarks is likely less than zero. Nice going there perpetual ocean cruisers. Thanks to your thoughtlessness, what was a source of Salem civic pride now promises to become a latter-day DiMansion, the center of evil plots and evil thoughts.

I didn't think so until today. Her reaction to Brady finding the pill under the sofa was odd.
If Jeannie Theresa is really behind the Tater Totnapping, she's one of the stupider criminals in Salem history. By doing this, she'd be risking Brady, the man of her dreams, and Tater Tot, who was rescued with great effort from the unspeakable Kristen. And for what -- to get back at Victor? In due course, she could have played the merry mourner at the old grouch's funeral. And what would make Jeannie T. think that she could get away with this? Her last effort at calculated criminality -- blackmailing the hapless JJ -- failed dismally when she was actually outsmarted by Rory. Anyone who was bested in a game of wits by Days viewers' favorite pothead clearly doesn't belong in the Salem felony big leagues.

What phone did Kate use to call Deimos? I can't imagine high society Salem still has pay phones.

For this Deimos/Chloe story - would love for Chloe to allow Nic and Deimos to raise the baby. They both always wanted to be parents, and would allow Chloe to continue her singing career and still keep ties in Salem. Nicole needs a happy ending. Baby included.

Back