Days of Our Lives - Tues., Dec. 31, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, December 31, 2019

It is New Year's Eve in Salem & Salemites are getting ready to go party at Julie's Place. Most of them, anyway. Gina & Steve-ano return to the loft, hoping no one saw them as whatever they did to leave the Pub & get there. Steve-ano immediately begins to berate Gina, all this rigmarole is her fault, she has made mistake after mistake. Gina defends herself, Rafe came, went over the place with fine-tooth comb. Steve-ano complains he barely got away, Gina notes he is the one who left behind his half finished cigar, with Steve Johnson's DNA all over it. But being she is police commissioner, she was able to change the results. She now scolds him for running around town in the Santa suit. He admits he got carried away, wanting just to get close to Marlena, & relates how Kayla saw him, called him Steve.

Lani sits alone, Kristen returns wearing the habit, having followed Brady to Nicole's bldg. She figures they are going out, calls Nicole all kinds of names, doesn't like that Nik is after her man. Tonight was to be “their night”. Time for flashback to last year, Brady dressed for party, pregnant Kristen not wanting to go out. Brady promises to take her on big date next year, when she again can fit in all her clothes. (She does not look as huge as Sarah did).

Brady arrived at Nik's who was planning on staying home with Mr. TV, Holly is with Maggie and Victor. They blather about the last time together, how she came on too strong, blah, blah. He talks her into going with him, she gets dressed, he remembers last year (see above), Nik comes out, looks fabulous. They leaves

Chad is playing chess, waiting for Abby, she comes in, he exclaims how beautiful she looks (all the men do this), they kiss, kids are settled, Gabi comes in with her glass of wine, telling them to just make themselves at home, don't let her interrupt. Chad replies this IS his family's home, Gabi starts accusing them of smashing her store window, they deny, Eli arrives, wasn't them. He has seen the security footage, face blurry, but a woman. Gabi says still could be Abby, he says no, was a nun. They all figure Kristen. Chad & Abby leave, Eli/Gabi mull it all over, decide to go see Kristen themselves.

John comes in, Marlena wearing gorgeous black sequin outfit, holding brooch in her hands. He makes approving comments, learns she took the brooch to Rafe who dusted it for prints, hasn't heard back. They smooch a bit, and are off.

Kristen wants to go out to the party, she is Brady's date. Lani talks her out of it. But Kristen is determined anyway. Over at the loft, Steve-ano learns of the party, is tired of hiding himself. Gina has an idea how he can go around town with no problem. She takes an eye patch out of her purse, puts it on...Voila! She then picks up a tiara, they can go as Steve and Princess G.....or Hope. I could not make that out. She has donned the tiara, puts up her hair, winks at him. Should they go, he flips a coin, heads yes, tails, no.

Everyone is arriving at Julie's Place. She greets, welcomes them all. Kayla/Justin first, he notes she seems distracted, she tells him about the Santa she thought was Steve.

Eli & Gabi arrive at Kristen's door, knocking. Finally the door opens, they are shocked. Tis Lani, in nun's habit.

Everyone has arrived, It is time, Doug notes. Julies makes a big toast, then asks everyone to count down. And they all enthusiastically do so. Yayy, midnight, couples, are kissing. Chad & Abby are out on a balcony or something, Brady & Nicole seem by themselves. Kristen in the nun's habit arrives, stares at them. Clocks begin to chime. In comes Hope/Gina, got there at last. Look who I brought. In walks Steve-ano, wearing the patch. Hello everyone. Jaws are dropping! I'm back!

Thank you. Poirot.

I've just got to say it. Other than the last 10 seconds of the show, watching this mess was a complete waste of my time! Everyone from the top down to the writers should be ashamed of themselves for giving the actors this junk to have to try to make entertaining.

She then picks up a tiara, they can go as Steve and Princess G.....or Hope. I could not make that out.
She says she can go as her true self (Princess Gina). She's then in a different outfit and says tick-tock, tick-tock, they can go as Princess Gina and Sir Stefano DiMera or Hope and Steve. He flipped a coin to see if they'd go as Gina and Stefano or Hope and Steve.

At the stroke of midnight, they panned around the empty loft and it showed Princess Gina's tiara and Stefano's ring sitting on the credenza, then "Hope" and "Steve" walking into the party.

Thanks Poirot.

It was nice to see Doug and Julie today. I enjoyed everyone dressed up
for the party.

It's going to be interesting to see Eli, Lani and Gabi next time. Will Gabi
realize Lani was the one who broke the window? Will there be a cat
fight?

It was strange to see Stevano decide how he and Gina would go to
the party either as themselves or Steve and Hope by flipping a coin.

I hope things get better in Salem (on the show) after the new year.

Yeah, this StevaNO is not very decisive and nothing compared to the original and only Stefano, who would have had plans A-Z in place before he started anything. Poor Julie. I bet she thinks twice before throwing another party! Awful Eve showed up at Christmas (and I think she is supposed to come to this one too - on her way out again). I keep asking myself, "why would. . ." and then decide to just stop. The writers have no clue, so there are no answers (this one would have been WHY would Patch show up at a party with Hope?) And, maybe, since Gina is now pretending to be Hope pretending to be Gina (Victor Victoria, anyone?), MAYBE someone will make the connection. I don't think the real Hope would have thought that going as Gina would have been a good idea. And WHY (STOP IT, Lisa!) are they going as anyone? Is this a costume party???

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone on the board, and special holiday thanks to the moderators who make this a fun and safe place.

Gabi: Somebody should tell her that it's highly unlikely that anyone would actually go to jail for heaving a flowerpot through her shop window. And when asked if he did it, Chad should have said: "It wasn't me, but it was probably somebody else who wants to protest the ugliness and tackiness of GabiChic products."

Kristen: Based on her recent behavior, she made a big mistake when she entered the convent. Instead, she should have checked herself into Bayview.

Lani: This one is unbelievable. Even after an entire year, she still hasn't figured out a way to expose Gabi and save Julie from her lethal pacemaker. If Lani had an ounce of sense, she would have spent her time in the convent formulating a plan to set things right.

Steve-ano: His absurd plan hit new depths today. In what universe would the original Phoenix have wanted to parade around Salem disguised as Patch Johnson?

Julie: Based on past events, she really should have hired armed security guards or at least muscular bouncers for her New Year's event. After all, history shows that such events are almost always invaded by unwanted guests.

Holly is with Maggie
Now that she has Holly and baby Mickey, Maggie seems to have forgotten about her other grandkids: Nathan, Lil' Toddler Mel and Parker.

Maybe they can get together with Allie, Chelsea, Noah and Emily, Kate's forgotten grandkids, and form a club.

Also would've been nice for Marlena and John to mention going to visit Claire for the holidays, or sending presents to Sami's kids and Noah.

Speaking of kids and grandkids, wonder if anyone told Jo that her son Jack is alive and her daughter is dead?

(She does not look as huge as Sarah did).
Again I say, if we are to accept, as many speculate, a baby switch occurred, then the baby Sarah birthed could not have been conceived in the 21 hours she was with Eric.
Chad replies this IS his family's home
If there was ever a time for Eve to strut in and lay on a verbal smackdown, this was it. Too bad she's gone and was wasted on stupid stories during her stay.

I'm still hoping they do a quick rewrite and say this is just someone who looks like Steve and the real Steve is in a dungeon or dead or something.

Now that she has Holly and baby Mickey, Maggie seems to have forgotten about her other grandkids: Nathan, Lil' Toddler Mel and Parker.
Forgetting the L'il Toddler and Parker is particularly remarkable because they are the children of her beloved, brilliant, handsome, miracle-working, all-knowing, super-special egg-baby, Dr. Daniel Jonas. Of course, the forgotten grandchildren shouldn't be too surprised that Grandma Maggie never thinks of them. Before Sarah arrived, Maggie barely mentioned her and after her surprise daughter, psycho Summer, left town, her name was never uttered again. Of course, Maggie does have something of an excuse. Being married to scheming, grouchy Victor and experiencing the daily, non-stop follies and travails of feckless Brady and idle-rich-boy Sonny, all while trying to keep up with her baking of cookies and lemon bars would understandably leave her with almost no time to think of her out-of-sight, out-of-mind children and grandchildren.

Back