Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 13 , 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Replay of Kate entering the DiMera mausoleum, being startled and gasping. Before stands Billie.......what are you doing here? With a lot of evasive tactics on Billie's part, and questions from Kate, Billie claims to have come to be with her mother, had stopped by the house, she wasn't there, so came there, figuring she might show up. Kate cannot believe she came to this place, Billie claims she was paying her respects. She tries hard to hustle Kate out of there, but Kate wants to stay, blah, blah, She puts her rose in the vase, spots a bullet casing on the floor. Billie figures this mausoleum has been there forever, and that casing could have been there for years. She finally gets Kate outside, they jabber a bit more, Billie gets a call, has to take care of something, will stop by the house if this doesn't take too long. Kate leaves.

Abby has entered Stefan's office, having heard his voice saying something about GabiChic. Stefan claims he makes himself verbal reminders and this was talking to the board about hiring Gabi back, however, now she is a murder suspect, it won't go over with the board. The two of them spar back and forth, Stefan with his excuses, but trying to get onto Abby's good side, but Abby is on to the tactic, and doesn't give him an inch. She mentions a few times how she loved Andre, who helped her, listened, and when Stefan offers to be an ear for her, she retorts she has Chad who does that. He brings up her mental illness, she does not let him push the buttons. He definitely is being a cad, she deals with him very effectively, and finally abruptly, leaves the room. (she does recall, when she first enters, the cops talking of not finding Andre's phone).

Ciara and Tripp are engaging in a hug, as he has to go see his dad in the hospital, and she promises to pray for Steve while Tripp is there. When he leaves, Claire comes in, and the two go at it, as usual, with Claire talking of Ciara having a “thing” for Tripp, Ciara denying, they are just friends, Claire insisting Ciara is going after Tripp because she can't have Theo. Seems Claire is going on her 22 hr. flight to Capetown to visit Theo, she keeps mentioning it, then has to pack. When she returns, Ciara is holding a bouquet of flowers just delivered, for Claire from Theo, who did not forget Valentine's Day. (It is mentioned many times throughout the show). Now Claire brings up Ciara having secrets with Tripp, one she doesn't want Claire to know. Ciara assures her it has nothing to do with her, or Theo, then leaves to St. Luke's, as she promised Tripp. With Ciara gone, Claire mutters aloud that she will find out what that secret is.

Eli & Rafe are in the cop shop, frustrated that they are stalled in trying to solve this case. They do mention being Gabi's brother, boyfriend, and not making any headway. Eli wants to make up to Gabi for what he did, finally confessing to Rafe that he cheated on Gabi, slept with Lani. He tells the entire story, (we don't hear) Rafe is very understanding. Eli tells Rafe to deck him, he deserves it. Nope, Rafe gets it.....and yep, Rafe says he did the same thing, telling him of being broken up with Hope, Sami back in town, dealing with Will, both in a bad place. So, he understands. Eli says something about making it up to Hope, give her a heck of a Valentine's Day. Rafe intends to do just that.

Chad & Gabi continue their conversation about the murder, and these are really good scenes, as they both figure out, (guessing) what has been going on. Chad knows Gabi has been set up, is innocent. He thinks by Stefan, and they both go thru the litany of things since Stefan first blew into town with Vivian on New Year's Eve, at Chad's coronation party, where Stefan stole his company.

As they talk, they figure Andre was in cahoots with the two, feeding the info on Kate's dealings to Stefan & Viv.......but they were intent on double crossing Andre anyway. Now, Andre is dead, they have the whole shebang. Chad has researched, Stefan is cutthroat, is after Abby, Chad is really ticked about that, but Abby can handle him. They really have no proof of all their guesses, Chad tells Gabi that Abby told the cops about her threat to kill Andre, but at his urging. Better told now then at the trial. Gabi says Stefan really doesn't want Abby, he wants to annoy & distract Chad. They talk of Andre's missing phone, Chad saying that while Stefan may have inherited some DiMera traits (like chess) he is also a DiMera, his father taught him how to deal with something like this, and he fully intends to do so. Gabi thanks him again for posting her bail, he tells her to go take care of her daughter.

John enters Steve's hospital room, talks to the sleeping Steve, is sorry for all this, as he takes the hypo out of his sleeve, and begins to put the contents into Steve's IV. What are you doing, and there is Tripp. John turns, claims to just be making sure all is going smoothly, no kinks in the lines, etc. He & Tripp talk a bit, seems Kayla called Tripp to come be with Steve, so he would not be alone. He figures John was doing the same for his best friend. John leaves, wishes there was more he could do for him,

Tripp sadly talks to the sedated Steve, telling him how much he loves him, how he never belonged to anyone before, how sorry he is for fighting with him so much when he first came, how he cannot lose him now, just cannot.

After watching Kate depart, Billie goes back into the mausoleum, hears a sound, whips out her gun as she spins around, only to see John holding his hands forward.....hold on, here. She says he scared her, he is sorry, was waiting for Kate to leave. How did it go. She figures o.k., except there were 2 bullet casings on the floor. She thinks she covered pretty well. John shows Will's wallet, he found outside. Billie says we can't worry about that now, we have to work on what we are going to do about Steve.

Stefan watches Abby go out the door, takes the phone, makes sure the door is closed. He holds Andre's phone, looks at the face of it, then, gets a contemplative look on his face, as he stares at the door, seemingly figuring what his next plan of action will be.

Thank you, Poirot.

As others have suggested, it is starting to look more and more like Stefan will be gas lighting Abby.

I can't stand anything with either Claire or Ciara, but they are definitely worse when in scenes together.

Oh my, Tripp opening up to Steve like that got to me. Starting to like this character a wee bit.

"What da hell?" is up now with Billie and John??? (Not happy to see Billie back in Salem, but it may be interesting if this is a doppelganger.)

Was Billie in the ISA last we saw her? I thought she was involved with Countess Wilhelmina? Weird and she is apparently not very good if she missed the bullet casings! I still don't understand what John is doing. So he would have killed Steve had Tripp not walked in?! Silly me, I was hoping that was some sort of antidote he was gonna inject in Steve.

The Ciara/Claire sniping is getting really old!!!

I find it very weird that Eli would admit he slept with Lani to Rafe and then have Rafe admit to sleeping with Sami. Guess they are united in the cheaters club now. I know Hope and Rafe were broken up but "bullets have left guns slower" than it took Rafe to sleep with Sami. Sorry, Friends reference there. I couldn't resist.

I know Hope and Rafe were broken up but "bullets have left guns slower" than it took Rafe to sleep with Sami.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yes, Billie was with the ISA the last time she was on.

I'm thinking when John said that "Steve would be dead" had Tripp not walked in, he's talking about some plan he and Billie have cooked up and that "dead" is just a code of sorts to mean he had Steve out of the way (but secretly safe somewhere).

Claire and Ciara: As I was sitting there munching on my microwave popcorn and sipping on my Diet Pepsi, I asked myself: "Gee, what could be better than watching these two fight over basically nothing?" The answer I came up with is: ANYTHING. Anything would be better than that!

I found myself actually missing Serena and her Preposterous Pachyderm Predicament. I actually like Claire, and now that Ciara is not longer in her constant pitbull mode, I'm starting to warm up to her a bit. But I just need for them to be giving something to do other than this.

I was glad to see that Kayla finally called Tripp. Especially since it saved him from having to play referee.

Although this John poisoning Steve story has been going on for about a month now, it's starting to feel dragged out. I've been patient but I think we need to start getting some answers.

Chad and Gabi: I liked those scenes because there wasn't any hint of their old relationship other than that they are friends and that's how it should be. I liked their theorizing because it made sense and that they are both right about Stefan, Vivian and Andre being in cahoots. But I'm not sure they got everything right. Because even though Stefan has the cell phone, I'm still not convinced he had anything to do with killing Andre.

Another thing I liked about the scenes is they gave Gabi the opportunity to deliver what I thought was the line of the day. "You're not making me feel any better. There's a grand master after me and I've always sucked at chess!"

Okay, it's not exactly Shakespeare but I got a kick out of it anyway. LOL

And lest I forget, nobility thy name is definitely Rafe and Eli. :rolleyes:

According to SOD interview with Drake Hogestyn (John), Billie is a "cleaner". I guess it means she comes in and cleans up whatever mess an agent made in the course of his "project".
If so, they'd need somebody to come in and clean up after Billie. Based on past performances, she is no world-beater. She was fired from Salem U. for making a hash of the Ford Decker homicide investigation and her later efforts to turn EJ against Stefano were totally pathetic.That said, this episode was essentially filler -- talk, talk, and more talk. Instead of the endless chatter, things might have been more exciting if the following had happened.

Kate-Billie: Kate responds to Billie's complaint about how cold it is in the DiMausoleum by saying: "Duh, it's winter. Try wearing a warm coat."

Stefan Zero-Abigail: She tells the creep:"Keep your grubby mitts off me, and by the way, I'm close to sorting out the Gabi frame-up."

John-Trippy: Trippy arrives a moment later, catches John red-handed, and tosses him through the hospital-room window.

Rafe-Eli: Instead of moaning about their personal lives, they go back and search the DiMansion and DiOffices again, and this time find Andre's phone in Stefan Zero's aforementioned grubby mitts.

Claire-Ciara: Instead engaging in endless blather, Claire suddenly says: "OMG, our conversations are so boring. I'm off the airport right now."

Thanks, Poirot.

DrBakerFan, you're right. Rafe and Eli should act like cops instead of gossiping about
their love lives.

I laughed when Rafe told Eli that he couldn't judge him because he did the same
thing too. Eli should have said you slept with Lani too :)

Nice to see Billie in Salem, and I wonder what happened to Will and Paul?

Oh, am sure they are stashed somewhere, and it was made sure they would stay there and not cause further problems. LOL

Claire mutters aloud that she will find out what that secret is.
I hate this story so much. I really want to see a story where someone acts like the bigger person.

I'll give kudos for keeping uninformed and generally oblivious viewers in the dark as to what happened to Will/Paul. But let's get this moving. No way do I believe for 1 second that Billie would assist in the murder of her nephew. Her return was a nice surprise though.

Thanks for the summary. In some ways, this is a good episode. Being a Lisa Rinna (Billie) fan from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, I'm excited to see her back. Sure, the storyline's weird, but seeing her with Kate and John is pretty neat. I still wanna know what they're up to and where Paul & Will are. But I like that the writers are keeping wraps on this story.

It doesn't feel dragged out, yet it's not being closed up quickly either. Even John's scenes with Tripp were pretty good. Speaking of, Tripp has grown on me, and his scenes with Steve were touching. I like that he's maturing the most out of the annoying college student group. I'm just really over Claire and Ciara's issues.

Not a fan of Rafe and Eli just gossiping about their love lives. It makes no sense that Rafe would be so accepting of what happened--he was upset with Will for a somewhat less serious "crime" against his sister (knocking her up). Even if Rafe feels bad about his tryst with Sami, at least he didn't officially cheat, and Gabi is still his sister. I can't see her being happy with the fact that he knew about this and didn't tell her. Just stupid.

I will say that I'm glad Chad and Gabi are sort of putting 2 and 2 together, and I think Abigail is on her way towards getting there too. I kind of want Stefan to get his just desserts right now, although he's also a somewhat intriguing character.

While I watch:

Hey Billie, good to see you!

Not even 2 minutes into this episode and I am so done with Claire.

Tripp, you should not buy one word that John is saying. He's not a doctor, a nurse, or anything medically related.

Ciara, you hit that nail on the head about Claire's description. She's got it *bad*.

Oh Rafe, I don't think you know the *whole* story. I suspect Eli left out one not-so-little detail.

Stefan's doing it because he wants to get you and Abby into his bed. Maybe not at the same time, but we don't know how he swings.

Chad, WHY would you tell Gabi that? I mean, I know you're being a good friend, but seriously man. Protect your wife.

If Billie had shot John, that would have been funny. Really funny. I would have seriously started laughing.

Wait, maybe it's not so good to see you Billie.

Claire, truth hurts - you *do* have a big mouth.

Good save Chad.

Giving Hope an amazing Valentine's Day driven by guilt isn't going to solve anything, Rafe.

Gabi's hair looks really great.

Abby, you should have stopped talking to Stefan about 10 minutes into the show.

Stefan-o, get a clue. She don't want you.

Thanks for the summary Poirot - you rock, as always!

Chad and Gabi: I liked those scenes because there wasn't any hint of their old relationship other than that they are friends and that's how it should be. I liked their theorizing because it made sense and that they are both right about Stefan, Vivian and Andre being in cahoots.

I was relieved they didn't hug when she was leaving, and glad they acted like friends instead of ex-lovers. I do NOT want to see them together EVER again. And also glad Abby is showing strength. I like the idea that she can overcome her mental problems. This is so possible! And so promising to many of DOOL's fans! I also like that she can talk about the past without falling apart. Good job, writers!:clap:

Why does Claire think she should know - or is entitled to know - Ciara's secrets? Annoying!!! Rafe and Eli need to come clean with Hope and Gabi - AND Lani needs to tell JJ the truth - he IS strong enough to hear it! It may be hard, but she needs to trust his strengths!:whack:

I'm not finding the whole John "Mystery" curious or entertaining - but rather boring - let's get on with it!

Was surprised to see Billie working with John in the poisoning of Steve. Can't wait to find out WHY.

Am very curious of what they did with Will and Paul (I doubt they're dead) and how long it will be before Salemites realize they're missing.

Back