Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 19, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Tis morning, lovers have awakened, and some are out and about. John & Marlena enjoying breakfast, tho John not hungry, he doesn't tell her, but is worried about telling her about Leo being his son. She talks of the wonderful Valentine's Day they had. She gets a call to come to the cop shop for an evaluation. He runs into Diana who tries to urge him not to tell Marlena about Leo being his son, mentioning how angry Leo can get, who knows what he would do. (flashback of Leo talking to her of killing his mean father.) He then talks to Roman, telling him his quandary. Roman suggests that maybe Leo won't be as nasty as Diana has suggested, but might want to forge a good relationship with John, who would then provide a good influence over him.

Will and Sonny chat over the night before, how much they love each other, have missed each other, yada, yada. Sonny gets a call from Gabi, then he & Will decide enough of Leo, his threats, etc. He is not going to want to give up his cushy life and money, so won't go to cops. They decide to put their foot down.

Abby is having a bad dream about Jordan returning to take Charlotte, Chad soothes her, they are happy, cozy, cuddling. Jordan is in custody, she is not coming. Chad gets a call, evidently Stefan has complained that he cannot make any deals since they need 2 signatures, and he can's get hold of Chad. They discuss this, Chad figures Stefan will try and convince board to oust Chad, etc. Abby is suggesting things they can do, but then Chad mentions the job in Paris, the one Eve turned down from him, still not filled. He talks of them going, he has no family (but says except Kate????) knows she has many. But she loves Paris, the kids would, etc. Abby contemplates, then decides yes, she is game. He says he is wanted there tomorrow, so, he can leave, she can come later, with the kids. Nope, they are in this together, they will do this together. We will say our goodbyes, and we will all go to Paris tomorrow.

Chad is delighted, so happy, they both are, then Chad mentions wedding. Because she is not going to Paris without being his wife........again. She smiles......oh, yes. Kiss.

Lani comes into the cop shop where Eli is writing down all he did wrong is letting Ben take him down, and escape. She bolsters his ego, gives him some recording he is thrilled to get, he gives her tickets to a symphony concert in Chicago, late Valentine's gifts. He talks of making sure everything now with Jordan is by the book.

Later, Marlena comes out, talking to Eli about the evaluation she just did, only to find Diana there. Diana says she ran into John, who told her where to find Marlena, she wants to apologize. No need, says Marlena, but Diana is insistent, Marlena rather cool. She knows Diana did not just run into her, sought her out. Diana admits to that, but John talked so much about Marlena, she knows everything about their relationship, just wanted to see the woman in person. Eventually, Marlena accepts the apology, but Diana has something to tell her. Marlena knows she & John were involved, no need. But Diana says this is about Leo, her son. Marlena asks if she means Leo & Sonny. No, not that.

And now over to the fun scenes between Gabi & Leo, best part of the show. Leo wakes up, hands tied to bedposts, big print pillow between his legs. He wants Gabi to untie him, she is buffing her nails, reminding him how he got there, she knocked him out with a punch (LOL), then got him up there. Double knots on the hand ties. Pillow is something new from Gabi Chic. He is having a fit, she is just being light, calm. She tells him that Will & Sonny are good guys, her daughter's fathers, and he has been treating them terribly. He proceeds to say payback for trying to kill him, rolling him up in a rug, into car trunk, leaving him for dead. She doesn't quite believe him, but he has pictures for proof. She leaves the room, calls Sonny, tells him what Leo said. Sonny explains how Leo was strangling Will, and hit his head accidentally when Sonny pulled him off.

Gabi returns to the bedroom, with a big pair of scissors, Leo is yelling, no, no, not the family jewels. But she cuts the rope on one hand, warns him he would not be so lucky next time, leaves. She comes downstairs, Will & Sonny have arrived, they thank her, she says she is done, he is all theirs. She is gone, Leo comes downstairs, (dressed) sees the guys, figures they had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Sonny & Will tell Leo it is over for him, he is not going to keep them apart, they intend to be together. Leo says he hopes they enjoyed themselves, because..........in comes Lani & Eli, wanting to know why Leo called them over. Leo says he is reporting an attempted murder on himself, has proof, hands them the envelope of pictures.

I had to laugh when Leo said to Gabi - from one *bleep* to another:rotfl:

I think originally I liked Will and Sonny but I don't now. They're just too much. I think there is too much history between them to be soul mates. Should get interesting now. Though with the Salem PD they may think the photos are just the 3 of them getting kinky.

John gonna tell Marlena - beep - a text she has to go. They are very annoying with calls and texts coming when someone is finally going to tell something.

Though with the Salem PD they may think the photos are just the 3 of them getting kinky.
I could see it now:

Eli to Hope: Hey, Commissioner, we have photos that appear to show Will and Sonny disposing of Leo's body after they thought they accidentally killed him.

Hope: Did Ben Weston have anything to do with this? Is he in the pictures????

Eli: Uh, no, just Sonny, Will and what we know now to be an unconscious Leo Stark.

Hope: I don't have time for this. Just throw those away and see if there's anything we can pin on Ben.

Eli: I thought you've forgiven him after finding out his sister kidnapped Ciara and Charlotte.

Hope: That's what I want him to think. Go detective, go and see what you can find to incriminate him on the original fire!

Leo says he is reporting an attempted murder on himself, has proof, hands them the envelope of pictures.
It would be funny if somehow, when Gabi left the room, she had found the envelope of pictures and replaced them with other pictures and also deleted them from Leo's phone. Although, he probably has several copies stashed somewhere.

Would also be funny if Eli and Lani looked at Leo, said he was obviously fine, suffered no lasting harm, they have real police work to do and left.
This would be a typical Salem result. Even if Eli and Lani did do some investigation, in Salem, evidence has a way of vanishing, Victor can put his heavy thumb on the scales of justice, and the D.A.'s office has a terrible record of winning convictions. That said, even in a normal jurisdiction, Leo would be sadly disappointed if he thinks Will and Sonny are now in deep legal trouble.
  • By now, there is no absolutely no proof to support his tale of attempted murder.
  • In a case of conflicting stories, Will and Sonny have credibility, Leo has none.
  • All that his photos show is Sonny and Will moving what they thought was a dead body, which means that the most the young lovers can be charged with is the attempted concealment of a human body. In New York, this is a non-violent Class E felony, which would result only in probation. (It's "attempted" because what they were moving was not really a "body.")
By messing with Will and Sonny, Leo is also risking incurring the wrath of veteran schemer Gabi. Based on her performance today with ropes and scissors, this is not a wise thing to do.

The episodes keep getting worse, and sweeps is half over.

Chad & Abby's exit is clearly rushed.

I don't care about Will or Sonny anymore, and I really want to see Gabi back in prison.

I still don't believe that Leo's got any Robicheaux blood. But who knows if John even still does. (And this Diana recast still stinks.)

Thanks, Poirot.

I wondered too if Gabi found the pictures and put something else
in the envelope.

John and his big mouth. He told Diana where Marlena was. Will Diana
tell Marlena that John is Leo's father?

Diana told John that Leo gets angry if he's lied to. I wonder what Leo did after he
found out Santa Claus isn't real?

Line of the day goes to John discussing Diana with Roman and not telling
Marlena about Leo
"You think she's trying to come between us?" :)

Lack of common sense must run in the dysfunctional Cooper family.
  • Diana's attempt to cause trouble between John and Marlena is ridiculous. As I said in an earlier post, these two have survived the worst Salem's villains had to offer. Nothing a dime-store schemer can concoct should have any real effect on their relationship.
  • For a self-styled grifter, Leo is a complete fool. He tossed away his cushy life at the K-mansion on a foolish whim. Will and Sonny were wrong to be intimidated by Leo's threats, but's he's a blithering idiot if he thinks a Kiriakis and a Horton will ever get into serious legal trouble in Salem.
As for other characters:

Chad & Abigail: So they're fleeing Salem for Paris? Sami won't like it that an entire ocean no longer will separate her mummy-like EJ from the woman who once trysted with him at the Horton Cabin.

Roman: He ought to let it be know that he's Salem's morning version of Dear Abby, dishing out sage advice with the Pub's pancakes and breakfast burritos.

Eli: He shouldn't be upset because he was overpowered by Ben. This kind of thing is an integral part of being a member of the Salem P.D. He ought to be glad that Ben also didn't gag him, handcuff him to the conference table, and steal his badge.

No kudos to the commish, who acts like she is all that......where was HER gun? And why does she continually hang out around the interrogation room, instead of her office. Cannot remember Abe or Roman ever doing so when they were in that position.

Back