Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 2, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2016

Replay of Claire thanking Eve for all her help, big hug, Belle coming along. Eve & Belle talk of New York, the audtion with Julliard, Eve will there, in fact will get the tickets tomorrow. Claire is all happy, takes off (don't know how she misses seeing her mom. As soon as she is gone, Belle's claws come out, she goes after Eve. She warned her to stay away from Belle, don't try using her to make up for the loss of your own daughter, or the mistakes you made with her. And more of the same. Eve tries to tell her that she is not there for her daughter, doesn't listen, and that those are Belle's words, not hers. Belle will have none of it, more nasty stuff about how Eve cannot even sing any more... Eve takes off, but Claire has spotted them talking. Eve just brushes by Claire, who now comes to talk to her mother. Belle wants to get another voice coach, Claire refuses, Belle keeps saying "your father and I" so now Claire thinks perhaps they are getting along, and working things out. Belle says no, Claire reminds her that SHE is the one who cheated, but Dad forgave her, so what is her problem, and finally flounces off after making the crack that her mother managed to find time for Philip with no problem.

Shawn is at the cop shop, talking to Uncle Roman, gives condolences about Eric, who is not there, made bail. No, Shawn has moved back to Salem, needs a job. Roman goes to talk to someone, returns, and, Voila! Shawn has a job!

He is in the park, sees Belle sitting, stops, chats, they reminisce a bit about when they took Claire to NY once. Belle has to leave, stumbles, he catches her, almost kiss, but no, she is not ready for anything like that Not yet. Shawn nods, leaves, she gets a call from Philip to meet for a drink, says no, changes her mind. Will meet him. Off she goes.

Vadim bursts into Eduardo's room, gun drawn, looking around, into the bathroom, back to the bedroom. Behind him, Eduardo appears with his own gun, Down Vadim goes. Eddie ties him up, Kate is knocking at the door, He grabs a robe, answers the door, agrees to meet her for a drink, give him 20 min. to get cleaned up. Club TBD. Off she goes.
Now he has his gun in Vadim's neck, warning him to keep away. Vadim is talking of being killed for failing. Eduardo says after what happened to John in New Orleans..do not come near John, his family, me or my family or I will kill you. Now you will disappear, vanish, don't ever want to see you again. He unties Vadim, who says you will never see me again, and leaves. Eddie sends a text to John saying the accent threat has been neutralized.

He runs across Eve in the square, sees she is upset, Eve explains a bit, Eddie gives her a pep talk, that he believes in second acts, look at him. He is trying. She agrees he is. He praises her work with the community program, that he is getting terrific feedback from it. She lays her head on his shoulder for a bit.

Replay of Steve having to kiss Ava, she is really into it. They talk, making deals about releasing Kayla, Ava doesn't want to play ball with just a lousy little kiss. Steve says she is right, jackets comes off, he gets into more, and Joey walks in. Steve jumps up, Joey doesn't believe this, he is running out the door, feels he is going to puke. Ava is laughing, forget about him, he will get over it. Now where were we, let's continue where we left off. A very angry and upset Steve begins to choke her in his rage. Where is Kayla. She is gasping, reminding him that if she dies, Kayla will, too. He lets her go, and now she makes her final offer. Come with her to Indonesia to look for her son, (and of course, share her bed) and she will call Joey, to tell him where Kayla is.

All thru the show, we see Kayla in that room, pounding, calling for help. She notices a large vent, uses a piece of her bracelet to unscrew it, pulls it off the wall, yelling into it for help.

Nicole & Theresa are talking about leaving Basic Black, Kate buying them out, using the money to start their own business. Theresa doesn't want to ask Brady for money, and says she is going to have to work from home a lot, there is Tate, Brady, who needs his meds every 2 hours. Nicole fully understands. There are a few awkward moments about Daniel, but Nicole is fine.
Brady comes out, joins the ladies, and tho Theresa is a bit reluctant, he hears about the gals wanting to get away from Kate's crap, and start their own business. Nicole even mentions him investing. He says he is in, as long as a share of the profits go to a charity that Dan would have wanted. Nicole is appreciative of that. They say something about no disrespect to his father, knowing John started Basic Black, but Brady says no problem, he sold it. Gone. Nicole comes up with an idea she has for the name of their company. DJ Wear. Brady realizes right away it stands for Daniel Jonas, thinks it is good idea.

Later, Kate is there, the gals mention thinking maybe she might like to buy them out, Kate figures they would want too much money. Nicole hands her a paper with a figure, Kate smiles, will have the cash in the morning. She leaves, the gals are all happy. Kate meets with Eduardo, toasts herself with champagne, is finally her own boss again.

brady is sleeping, and dreaming of the surf rolling in, we hear a woman singing, . He wakes up with a start, we hear his heart beating.

Things have certainly gone from bad to worse over at the Johnson home, where the Steve-Ava afternoon quickie was interrupted by Little Joey and then fugued into an attempted strangulation. After witnessing this, many viewers probably agreed with Joey when he said: "I'm going to puke." Another dose of nastiness was served up by Shaggy Phil's newest squeeze toy, Belle, with her nasty dose of jealously-inspired snark aimed at Eve. This is another Salem example of no good deed going unpunished. Finally, there was the hapless Kayla futilely calling for help in some Vitali dungeon. At this point, she resembles Fay Wray in the original King Kong whose lines consisted largely of screaming and calling for help. Elsewhere, things were more positive, with Nicole and Jeannie T. easily getting a no-fault divorce from Kate. How long will it be before their new "DJ-Wear" comes out with its new line of designer hospital gowns?

Last edited:
Joey. what can I say other than, I was right there with you, dude. :sick::sick::sick:

Eduardo/Vadim: I was confused by Vadim bursting into Eduardo's hotel room the way he did. Then I remembered that this "Organization" already knew where Eduardo waiting and it did make sense for them to want punished the Gotateed one for helping John. I have to say that if Vadim is truly the "Master Teacher" then Winterthorne Academy must have produced the most incompetent group of International Assassins to ever pick up a gun.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So Basic Black is now going to be DJ Wear? I did get a kick out of Theresa's response to the name: "That's a good name but we might want to expand beyond Techno wear." Way to be quick on the uptake there Jeannine T. :wink:

But I do have a few questions like what happens to the contracts signed by Paul and Gabi? Will they just transfer over to DJ Wear or does Kate still hold them? And more importantly will they even notice?

Last edited:
While it did seem lots of different things were happening....really, they were not. I looked over at the clock at one point thinking the show will be over in another minute or two, as been watching a long time.....and it still had 1/2 hr. to go.

And what it boils down to.......Eduardo got rid of the threat to John & him, while Nicole & Theresa got Kate to buy them out, Brady to invest, and they named their new company. Oh, yeah, Shawn got a job. If that all took 15 minutes....oh, well. It is not sweeps time yet. 2 more days. LOL

@Troy......Basic Black is still there, will be owned by Kate. So both Paul & Gabi will be working for her.
DJ Wear is a new company (which perhaps will be in competition with BB. But I don't like the name. Is that disc jockey wear? I don't mind the initials being used, Just think a different word could be used to follow the DJ.

(Wasn't a character on Full House named DJ Tanner? Plus, DJ Ware is the name of some NFL football player)

Last edited:
Shawn nods, leaves, she gets a call from Philip to meet for a drink, says no, changes her mind. Will meet him. Off she goes.
Does anyone have a clue as to what Belle wants? Because after her altercation with Eve, I want Ms Fake Lawyer carried out on a stretcher. Not dead, necessarily...but isn't she due (given her family's propensity for them) for a coma?
Vadim, who says you will never see me again
I can't decide on this one. On the one hand - I think it'd be fun to see Eduardo and/or John in action mode. ON the other hand...unless Vadim wounds Belle and/or Kate into a coma (see above)...I'm not one for much more violence.
feels he is going to puke.
Join the crowd, Joe. To keep my lunch down, I had to stop watching. Seriously. First episode I've completely given up on in months.
There are a few awkward moments about Daniel, but Nicole is fine.
I can live with this.
Unless they're making scruff surfer wear and sexy hospital gowns...ugh.
He wakes up with a start, we hear his heart beating.
Maybe the heart is providing memories because Brady has no brain? Oy this story is second only to the Ava/Steve nonsense in turning my stomach!!
signed by Paul and Gabi?
Who? I think you're thinking of another soap, no characters by that name here!!!! :sarcasm:

Thank you for the summary, Poirot. I doubly appreciate your efforts to make the show sound like it wasn't a subpar mess.

I got a laugh out of the show being condensed down to one paragraph. Then I realized that did indeed say it all.

Does anyone else think Days is still being written according to too many dictates from company or network people who don't know the show or the audience?

Even though I yelled at the TV "don't do it Steve!" he still did it. :sick: I realize he's worried about Kayla but for him to go straight to sex as a way to get info out of Ava is truly repulsive and is a major character regression. After the mess from last time with Ava combined with the fact that Steve and Kayla just got back together there is ZERO chance that he would go down that road again. Thank god for Joey walking in on them but I have a feeling the disgusting stuff ain't over yet. :fan:

Who is this selfish, delusional tart running around Salem going by the name Belle Brady?? Talk about character assassination. I cannot stand what the writers have done to her. I know she was gone from Salem for a long time but I am finding almost nothing of the Belle character I used to know and love. The way she accepted the offer from Philip to go for a drink immediately after her talk with Shawn where it looked like she was thawing towards him. I think she's hoping that drink with Philip will lead to some hanky panky so she can satisfy her horny urges. What a tramp.

Wow, I wish I could just walk into my uncle's place of business, ask for a job, and minutes later be told "you're hired!" Only in Salem....:rolleyes:

Gosh, I totally missed the gals and Brady talking about the name of their new company. Gag. I don't mind them trying to do something that will honor Daniel somehow but that name is stupid. It was nice to see Nicole smile and laugh a bit today. Refreshing.

Thanks Poirot. This was indeed a tough one. I still am baffled as to why Steve just doesn't take Ava to Roman. I guess that would actually make sense.

Belle Belle Belle how you disappoint me. No way the real Belle would reject Shawn like this. Where is the woman who arrived heartbroken on Thanksgiving? I am loving Shawn though. I am curious as to what tune of job he got. Roman mentioned the CSI team. Is he a detective or some type of lab worker?

In the Belle/Eve scene, Belle mentioned already telling Eve to stay away. When did that happen? I didn't understand the final scene with Eve and Eddie in HTS but I did like it. The actors have great chemistry.

DJ Wear? :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: So Daniel Jonas has been dead for a month now and so far has had an HTS shrine, a wing at the hospital, a full episode dedicated to him, and now a company named after him?!? Plus his daughter, baby mama and kid have returned for his funeral. AND he is still being talked about constantly by Brady, Eric, Nicole, Maggie, etc. What did legacy characters Bo and Will get?

Somehow I think we will see Vadim again. Nothing is ever that simple.

I agree about Kayla's heels but am liking how flattering the black pants are on her and her hair is on point.

I just saw the show and laughed at DJ Wear. First thought was Gowns and PJs
to wear at the hospital.. we all seem to be on the same wave length

Brady was California Dreaming again. I'm enjoying the scenes at the beach.

Did Shawn work with the police before? I hope he does a better job in the CSI
Dept than the rest of the Salem PD.

And Belle.. don't get me started on that one. Wants to save her marriage, but
runs off to see Philip....

And last, but not least.. Steve and Ava.... there are no words.

Thanks for the summary, but it sounds like a boring show.

DJ Wear? DUMB! First thing I thought of when hearing that was EDM (electronic dance music), which I love by the way, not clothing! I get that everyone misses Daniel, but this has gotten to a point of silliness. At least the "separation" from Kate is done with.

Not into the Kayla/Steve/Ava stuff, nor am I interested in anything happening with Belle/Philip/Shawn-D. Brady's dream sequence might be the best part of the show. Oh, and Eve & the Eduardo stuff.

Hope that Claire will continue to hold the higher moral ground, so she can continue to snark Belle. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Still liking Nicole's outfit; it probably goes to type. :love: Not looking forward to her rejoining the shot-girl-dress set. :rolleyes:

Wonder if Daniel's necklace was cremated with him? It should have gone to Brady!

A song for Belle:

Last edited by a moderator:
A. Guy, I'm just hoping that Claire continues to work with Eve despite the fact that Kassie DePaiva/Eve is gone. I've really enjoyed seeing Eve and Claire in scenes together. It would appear that Eve has finally found some peace, which is good thing. :clap:

Back