Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 27, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February27, 2018

Claire sits putting almonds in gift bags, with Julie babbling away about the upcoming wedding, should she go for a different hair style, hi-lights, or keep what she has. Claire seems far away, Julie notices, mentions the song she understood Claire wrote special for the day, wonders if the acoustics will work for the music, grabs Claire's phone to check the song......Claire panics, yells a loud no.....claims to a startled Julie she doesn't want anyone to hear it before the event. Julie starts yammering away about Gabi, what she did to poor Nick, how she hopes Gabi doesn't get away with anything this time. Then Julie urges Claire to spill what is bothering her, Claire only says she found out something she was not supposed to know, and doesn't know what to do about it. Julie suggests she spill to her, but Claire notes Gramma Marlena told her to decide for herself. Julie shrugs, Rafe & Hope arrive.

Earlier, the happy couple awoke, yes, they slept in the tent, lots of lovey dovey talk, a morning romp, but they have to get back. They joke about Julie's reaction when they say already married, but want to tell everyone at same time, so remove their rings. Rafe picks up Hope, carries her out the threshold since he did not get to carry her in, laughter, they leave. (Amazing that on an island, all dirt, and supposedly snow, or mud from rain, or slush, pick one or two, Hope has spike heels on. LOL)

Gabi & Eli wake up, tis the day of her hearing, she is worried, concerned, Eli talks positive over all her negatives, and they head to the station. And there is Melinda Trask, ready for bear. She & Eli go back & forth, he knows she has it in for Gabi, she claims not, but he ends up asking where she was night of murder. She checks her phone, ...hmmm, having dinner with Justin, how ironic that Gabi's attorney is Trask's alibi. See you in court.

Abby is dreaming of finding Andre's body, he is still alive, she is asking who did this, he says “you know who did this”...then says her name as he draws his last breath. Abby wakes up screaming, startles Chad awake, he questions, she tells, they talk over the situation. Chad intended to search Stefan's room, but he was there, and he doubts he would hide anything incriminating in his room, and now knows Chad's suspicions, so no use trying to go after him. Instead, we have to go after the woman in Gabi's coat. He thinks it could have been Trask. They dress, go to Gabi's hearing, running into Viv and Stefan on their way out.

They get to the courthouse, learn that Trask has an alibi, Gabi thanks them for coming. She already told Rafe & Hope to leave, go get dressed, ready for their day, etc.

Rafe & Hope arrive at Doug's Place, tell them that the judge decided to go ahead with Gabi's trial. Mild chatter. Julie goes to get a copy of a passage in the ceremony she wanted to go over with them, Claire just watches with a sourpuss look on her face, as Hope & Rafe laugh, kiss, talk and are happy.

Back at DiMansion, Vivian has come upon Stefan reading a book, written by Kimberly Brady about split personalities. She asks why, he claims it was just a book on the shelf, sets it down as Kate comes in. He manages to cover the book with another, as Kate and Vivian have a war of words, both trying to win the verbal battle with accusations, insults, threats of all kinds. Viv mentions Philip, but Kate cuts her off before she gets anything out. Stefan tries to stop it, to no avail. Kate ends up warning Vivian that she & her son had better not go after Chad. Too much of a coincidence that they both sweep in here, take the house, the company, and then the one person who could possibly gotten in their way is mysteriously murdered. Who next, but Chad, and they had better make sure not one hair of Chad's head be harmed. She leaves the room.

Stefan decides to take his book upstairs & read it there. Vivian wonders why that book intrigues him, he offers to let her read it when done. No thanks, she already knows the ending.

Chad & Kate are getting Andre's things from his office, as the PD is done there now. Kate sees a pic of her & Andre, gets upset. Abby is back at the PD, having said she wanted to go home and rest. She has a headache. Now the headache evidently gets worse, she holds her forehead, lowering her head in pain.

Stefan is reading aloud from the book, about not confronting or crossing the alter, as that could prove dangerous.

Vivian walks into the empty room, with a cup of tea, hears a noise, turns. There is Gabby, black long haired wig, wearing the coat......Vivian looks puzzled......Abigail???

Rafe and Hope keep saying jinx, so we can only hope. Can't wait.

Well, tomorrow should be interesting with Viv seeing Gabby. That's what I was thinking when she left Stefan's room. She just walks around the mansion like that?

And Julie, does she really think Nick was just a great guy and never did anything to Gabi?

I agree, Macgyverswife!!! At this point it is just so ridiculous that Julie even defends Nick in any way shape or form. I believe that Julie loves Nick despite what he did, as regardless of what crimes people in our families have committed, as angry and disappointed as we would be in them, there would still be love and happy memories attached with that person,. At least that's what I would think not having had personal experiences with this area.

Julie really needs to cool it on Gabi, come around to and admit to the circumstances surrounding his death and who he'd become. It'd be like Julie saying, "yaaaaaaa, Charles Manson just sorta took a wrong turn in life and made some mistakes, as we do but if you only knew him like I did you'd all see what a great, caring and compassionate person he really was". Enough already, Julie!!

Ok, so Nick wasn't Charles Manson, but said to make my point about Julie and just how ridiculous she is about Nick and her treatment of Gabi

Geez Barb, don't you wear your high heels when you're out dealing with the lake stuff in the winter?? :rotfl:
L.L. Bean, Orvis, and similar companies probably have special catalogs that they mail to Salemites that include a section for impractical, high-fashion outdoor wear. Fashionable outdoors-woman Hope probably shouldn't have been smooching Rafe in front of sneaky Claire, but she wasn't the only Salemite making tactical errors today.

Vivian: Should she really be messing with Kate? It might have been a good scene if Kate had responded to Vivian's usual insults with: "Watch your mouth or you'll regret it. Don't believe me? Ask that Chloe Lane about her coma."

Eli: This lusty Keystone Kop has no tact or common sense. What better way to give Melinda Trask more incentive to send Gabi off to join Hattie and Sheila than to ask absurd questions about herself and the Andre murder?

"Gabby": Was it wise to reveal herself to Vivian? Stefan Zero might keep her secret because he's hot for Abigail, but sending Chad's schizophrenic spouse off to Bayview or Shady Hills might just suit Vivian's agenda.

Last edited:
Hmm, it seems like Julie still has some personal animus against Gabi. Since she is such the shy and retiring type, I never would have guessed, if she hadn't mentioned it Claire. :beat:I find it interesting that she never goes on one of those tirades when Rafe is around.

On the bright side, I have to give Julie the funniest line of the day award when she told Claire with a totally straight face: "I don't judge."

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My sides were actually hurting from the hilarity!!!

Poor Gabi:sad: I really felt her fear and anxiety. And I have to say that I'm starting to wonder if Eli might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'm not sure what possessed him to confront D.A. Trask like that.

I hate to say it but she had a point about Eli not being in charge of the case, realistically no way would that happen. Of course, giving her personal bias against Gabi I don't think she should be on the case either. But I don't suppose Justin going before the judge and saying "Your honor, Mrs. Trask has repeatedly been mean to my client in public" would be sufficient cause for her being removed from the case.

Ahh well, I'll just take comfort in the fact that when all is said and done, she will have so much egg on on her face that you could make a three-cheese omelette with it.

Mmm, three-cheese omelette. *drools like Homer Simpson*

Thanks, Poirot.

Troy, I picked Julie's line as the line of the day too.

It was interesting to learn Justin is Trask's alibi for night when Andre
was killed.

I was wondering yesterday since Claire calls Hope "Grandma Hope"
if she call Marlena "Grandma Marlena". Yes she does.

I think Stefan told Vivian he found the book on the shelf. I wondered if
he actually did and why Stefano had a copy of it.

What will happen tomorrow when Gabby talks to Vivian? We'll have
to watch tomorrow to find out.

Yes, Julie's "love" for Nicky, not shown on the show, of course, has gotten pretty stale. Someone needs to sit Julie down, tape her mouth shut, and let her in all exactly all that Nick to Gabi, and they need to do it NOW.

Kate ends up warning Vivian that she & her son had better not go after Chad
She suggests Lucas would be a better target. Stop it with the Chad nonsense.

Abibby needs to stop. This history mining is terrible and it's not making me like the sex predator living in DiMansion.

Seriously, we're accusing the DA of murder? No.

I agree, Macgyverswife!!! At this point it is just so ridiculous that Julie even defends Nick in any way shape or form. I believe that Julie loves Nick despite what he did, as regardless of what crimes people in our families have committed, as angry and disappointed as we would be in them, there would still be love and happy memories attached with that person,. At least that's what I would think not having had personal experiences with this area.

Julie really needs to cool it on Gabi, come around to and admit to the circumstances surrounding his death and who he'd become. It'd be like Julie saying, "yaaaaaaa, Charles Manson just sorta took a wrong turn in life and made some mistakes, as we do but if you only knew him like I did you'd all see what a great, caring and compassionate person he really was". Enough already, Julie!!

Ok, so Nick wasn't Charles Manson, but said to make my point about Julie and just how ridiculous she is about Nick and her treatment of Gabi
I wonder if Julie remembers when she tried to kill Susan with a pair of scissors?

I'm sorry, but I just can't stand Julie! Always holier-than-thou, and beating the dead horse about her "Saint Nick". Nick? You mean, Nick the demented stalker-psycho? I had to laugh when she was talking about the wedding and how Doug was going to sing. Please don't! If I thought Doug was going to try an sing at my wedding, I'd elope to camp too!

I'm also over Julie's ranting about Gabi and Nick. It's almost been 5 years! Nick was a terrible human being! Get over it! Or at least stop having her mention it all the time! I can't even remember more than two times (if I'm being generous) where they shared scenes! Claire is also annoying me to no end. Why wouldn't she chat with Ciara first about this, maybe even Tripp? Ugh!

I’m also done with this storyline about Andre's murder. This reveal should've happened during Sweeps, along with the truth about Lani's pregnancy. Hopefully these start picking up the pace soon!

I never liked Nick.

On the bright side, I have to give Julie the funniest line of the day award when she told Claire with a totally straight face: "I don't judge."

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I must have fast forwarded Julie's "great line"!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back