Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 4, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 4, 2020

After weeks of gloom & misery, deaths, grieving, etc. Days decided to take a break, and offer some smiles, some happy stuff. Replays of yesterday's closing scenes (I am assuming, as did not see the show) but Nicole stops Eric from leaving the Pub, wants to tell him about her & Brady, he doesn't want to hear it. She asks him for just a few minutes, they sit at a table, she tells her tale of “pretend” with Brady. He believes her, then admits he did something he shouldn't...kissed Sarah. They had returned with Mickey, all he wanted was to talk to Nicole, but thought she was with Brady, he & Sarah both vulnerable, they kissed, but it stopped, nothing else happened. Eric now tells Nicole how much he loves her, how they both have not trusted in that love, he understands why she kept the info about Mickey being his daughter from him, her & Holly have so enriched his life, and more of the same. They kiss, and kiss again.

Justin has come to see Ben, is going to court to see if the judge will postpone his execution for a while. He realizes Ben doesn't know about Will learning he is not guilty of killing Adrienne, Ciara had misunderstood what she heard Victor & Xander discussing. Will comes in, Ben is happy for him, Justin leaves. Ben is congratulating Will, who has divulged it was Maggie, drunk. Later they talk about it, Will staying in jail to protect Maggie, while Ben asks “what about YOUR life”. You could have your husband back, your daughter who wants her daddy back.

Sonny & Evan talk in the square, Evan wondering why Will has not filed the divorce papers. (Will has already told Justin he is just having his lawyer look over them again). They chatter about hot chocolate, Evan notes David is on a play date a few more hours, Rafe out of town on a case, we could go back to the house. Sonny protests they were just together last night. Along comes Ciara, sees them kissing, starts hollering about what is going on. Sonny introduces them, explains about the impending divorce, Ciara apologizes, also realizing that Will has not told Sonny his news. Ben calls her, (amazing she can accept charges on her cell phone!) he wants to know what is going on, heard she had gotten info. She will be right there.

At the prison, she is near tears, had wasted so much time trying to clear him, but was mistaken as to guilty party. She has looked thru the file on Jordan's death, said she asked her mother for ideas (!!!!) is crying, she let him down, she is sorry. He does not blame her at all, he knows how hard she tried, how much time she spent. He tells her of Justin trying for the extension, then gets called to the warden's office. She waits.

And then there is Sarah telling a rather disbelieving Xander she loves him, that she doesn't love Eric any more, realized it was him. He has been there constantly, cared for her, for Mickey, stood by her, never left. She & Eric did not sleep together, she realized she only wanted Xander. He finally accepts it all, (lots of scenes) they go see Mickey, Eric is fine with him being there. They return, soon are kissing, & undressing each other.

Brady tells Kristen about the game of pretend he & Nicole were doing, and why. She is a bit disbelieving, he claims he changed his mind, realizing all the pain she went thru, alone, with their baby's death. More of this, several scenes, he wants to start fresh, move on, the two of them together. Kissssss. He leaves, has something to do, will call her when he is done. He is gone, she is in 7th heaven.

Will sits on his bunk, staring at pic of Sonny, has fantasy of Sonny coming to see him, knows he did not kill his mother, is so happy to have his husband back. They kiss thru the prison bars.

Ben returns from the warden's office, Ciara asks what happened. Justin saw the judge in court. Ben is to be executed by lethal injection, 3 weeks from today.

Please note that I will not be able to do the summary tomorrow, Wed. (Don't know if there will be a pre-empt or not) Still need someone to fill in, if the show does air.

Poirot, you must be speedy Gonzales!! The show just ended for me. Only one comment--if Days is in Illinois, there is NO death penalty. Probably many others, also.
Yes, it was nice to see a little happiness.

Only one comment--if Days is in Illinois, there is NO death penalty. Probably many others, also.
They go out of their way to never say what state Salem is located in, even though Illinois is heavily implied. (when Nick Fallon was in prison, there was a map of New York on the wall :rolleyes:)

But when you see the characters holding an addressed envelope, it'll say "Salem, USA".

In the past, they have talked of driving to Indiana, or Michigan, even WI.....and Canada was not all that far a distance for Brady & Nicole when the went there. Also, the Salemites constantly talk of the Cubs, the Bears, the Blackhawks, & the Bulls sports teams.....all centered in Chicago. They also talk of going to events in Chicago, which is less than an hour's drive. I read somewhere a while back where it WAS mentioned about the fictitious town of Salem is located in Illinois, less than an hour from Chicago area. They go to concerts or plays.....and mention it.

And yes, I did look up death penalty states......only 3 have death penalty, 2 in the south and one out west. (Fl, Tx, Colorado).

Days writers do NO research of anything. But then, it's Salem, as we all say.

Last time it was Sami getting lethal injection. Is this a variation of that story?

Odd. What did you look up that said that? There are 29 states with the death penalty. South Carolina is one of them, and I know someone on death row. (Well. let's not get crazy. I know OF him. We were never close friends, just had same friends in a friend group-ish at one point) Anyway, Illinois has abolished the death penalty, so if that's where Salem is, then they are wrong in this story.

https://deathpenalty.procon.org/states-with-the-death-penalty-and-states-with-death-penalty-bans/

South Carolina's death row is super slow, takes years to get a date of execution. The dude I know on it has been sitting in jail since 2003 awaiting his date.

But in Texas, there's a way to speed it up. If at least 3 witnesses saw you commit the crime that was decided to be punishable by death, your execution can be as soon as next week. Some comedians have joked about how quick Texas is at taking people out.

Maybe Salem is somehow in Texas with a magic school bus that takes them to Illinois sporting events. LOL

Last edited:
WELL, that is what I get for quick scanning......I still had the page up......not 3 states, it is 30 states with death penalty, Illinois abolished it, yes,. Most recently, Washington, Delaware, Maryland, Connecticut, and Illinois have all abolished capital punishment. There is none in Wisconsin, or Michigan, or Minnesota either.
According to worldpopulationreview.com
upload_2020-2-4_14-50-48.png
Florida
Texas
Colorado
Most recently, Washington, Delaware, Maryland, Connecticut, and Illinois have all abolished capital punishment.
  • Florida is one of 30 states that have the death penalty. ...
  • Texas has the death penalty. ...
  • Colorado is also one of the 30 states that have the death penalty as a legal punishment.

Sonny & Evan talk in the square, Evan wondering why Will has not filed the divorce papers. (Will has already told Justin he is just having his lawyer look over them again). They chatter about hot chocolate, Evan notes David is on a play date a few more hours, Rafe out of town on a case, we could go back to the house. Sonny protests they were just together last night.
Back at Rafe's house, Sonny and Evan are talking, as Evan picks up the mail that arrived today and starts to sort through it. He sees an envelope from Child Welfare Services and gets nervous, but passes it off as hoping nothing is wrong with Rafe's adoption process. Sonny says it's probably just some standard paperwork, since Rafe has been David's legal guardian for two years now, with no problems. Evan agrees. Sonny wants something to drink, so he heads to the kitchen. Evan opens the envelope and reads the beginning of the letter that states Rafe needs to know the background check on Evan revealed something. (we don't hear/see what it is)

Evan crumples the letter and envelope and stuffs them in his pocket, just as Sonny returns. Evan then suggests going to his bedroom, which Sonny happily agrees to.

I was sitting here and remembered I forgot to include that bit about the letter. Something about Rafe should be aware of something in the caregiver's background check..Evan Frears. Guess he was worried about that check, which is why he opened it, but waited for Sonny to go get a glass of water.
Oh, what tangled webs......and all that.

You can tell that Brady and Eric are brothers..... and they live the the song "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with" Only problem they really don't know the difference......
Why anyone would want either of the toads is beyond me....

Thanks muchly for the summary

Everyone will forgive Victor, and Kate will only seek vengeance if she has something to gain from it.

I like Evan. Nothing he has done can be worse than what our most recent cuddly grampas and romantic leads have done.

That said - Will is a dope. But he's a rocket scientist who's cured all disease and figured out how to accelerate past the speed of light compared to Brady.

Thank you for the summary, Poirot.

Everything I was going to say about the show has been said already.

I'll just add that yes, you can accept collect calls on a cell phone. If you have a plan with Verizon, AT&T, etc, the fee is added to your next bill. I don't know if it is possible on a pay as you go phone or not.

When my middle sister was in the hospital over an hour away from me (she doesn't have a cellphone), she'd call me collect from her hospital bedside phone.

Thanks, Poirot.

Poor, poor Ben. His great and wonderful lawyer Justin couldn't delay his execution.
Salem really needs another lawyer.

Will Ciara be able to find evidence to clear Ben in three weeks? Maybe she'll call her
detective
partner Theo to help her and they can find the real killer.

Is there something wrong with Evan? Didn't Rafe do his own background check before he
hired him? I bet he had one of Salem PD cops do it and we all know how the Salem PD
works :)

I wonder if we'll see Xander tomorrow without his shirt on.

Happy day for me. First day in two weeks I saw the show on my local station and I could
skip commercials with my VCR.

Last edited:
Back