Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb., 6, 2018

True. The problem is, younger actors hang around 2-4 years, learn the ropes, then want to spread their wings. Cannot blame them at all, but they leave the show, and so, don't hang around long enough to become beloved vets.

I like the idea of bringing back previous characters for short stints, but I think the way the "soap" market has changed makes a huge difference in keeping new, younger actors. Reduced budgets mean salaries are not all that terrific. Even many older actors have "other jobs" to compensate. And the fast filming pace is a turnoff to staying around long term.

It just occurred to me that it definitely looks like Gabi is going to need a lawyer and there doesn't really seem to be any available.

Belle is in Hong Kong.

I don't know if Carrie is sticking around for any length of time.

EJ, her lawyer who got her the deal for 10-to-20, is apparently dead.

Aiden: her lawyer who got her out of prison on a technicality after she only served 15 months of that aforementioned sentence is in Portland.

So maybe we'll see Justin again.

Another possibility is we'll see one of the teen set (Tripp, Ciara, Claire) eating a box of Cracker Jacks and the prize will not only be a diploma from Harvard Law School but a license to practice law and Gabi be the very first client! :)
Carrie would probably mistake Gabi for a lost cat, Belle is too busy bailing the failing DiMera Enterprises out of its myriad legal problems, EJ is with "la Famiglia" whatever that means, Aiden is probably hustling rich widows, and Justin is probably making sure that Adrienne's thoughts don't wander back in Lucas's direction. However, all is not lost for Gabi. Former D.A. Charles Woods (Chad's ex-daddy) could come out of retirement to save the day. Sure, he always seemed like a blithering idiot, but he knows firsthand how incompetent both the D.A.'s office and the Salem P.D. are and could use this to Gabi's advantage. E.g., "Your honor, I object. The district attorney should go back to law school and that police officer who's testifying keeps checking his smart phone to see what's new in his private life. I move that all charges against my client be dismissed."

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks the person walking in wearing Gabi's shirt doesn't look or walk like Gabi at all? Her hair is more red, has a red shine to it. Gabi's hair is black. Gabi has a certain walk. That girl with the red shine to her hair walked like a stiff board.

It's painfully obvious that it's someone else wearing Gabi's coat and possibly a wig to "look like Gabi". But in my opinion, they don't look like Gabi at all, not even a little bit.

DaysLady, I was just coming here to talk about the same thing about the walk. Eli may have noticed that, but Rafe absolutely *should* have noticed that. She's his sister, after all, and should be pretty familiar with the way she walks. That walk is from someone who doesn't know how to walk properly in those heels (they're either too high or too spiky, compared to what they normally wear. Or maybe they never wear heels at all). So, have we ever seen Vivian's shoes?

The hair was definitely wrong. Gabi's was more wavy, not super straight. That impostor had hair that was too perfectly straight, too perfectly glossy.

Saw a posted pic of Gabi in white dress, wavy hair, and one of the person going in or coming out of the office. Comment was something to the effect that Gabi was sooo angry at Andre she came back, but first made sure she straightened her hair first. LOL

I thought this was a decent episode, but nothing to write home about with this being Sweeps period. I really do hope that Lani confesses sooner rather than later. It'd be a nice surprise/shocker, given that most things like this are big reveals months after the fact. Plus, it' Sweeps, and could cause some juicy drama.

The Salem PD shows yet again how incapable they are! How could anyone think that Gabi and this mystery killer were the same person? Look at the hair!

Yep....When Stefan said not to worry (to Vivian) he covered their tracks....definitely could be he covered them with a wig and Gabi's coat

She has already been in a "Who's the Daddy?" storyline anyway.

It's already been established that Eli is the baby's father so this is not a Who's The Daddy story. My point in mentioning Eric, Nicole and Brady is that they are established characters that the audience is already vested in. JJ, Lani, and Eli are not and their limited airtime up until very recently doesn't help develop them as characters. I don't have an issue with younger characters having a frontburner story but I do have an issue with using underdeveloped characters to suddenly do it.

I think Kathy Lu meant that Nicole has already and recently been in a more or less "who's the daddy" story, even though it is just the viewing audience who were talking and hoping that the father of Holly is really Eric, and not Daniel. The show certainly did not even hint at it. LOL

But in this case, it IS a "who is really the daddy", as Kayla, Lani, and now Val all know it is Eli, while Eli, JJ, and everyone else aware of the pregnancy have been told it is JJ.

I do agree that the viewing public knows so very little about Eli, Lani, but then, I guess characters really have to be around for years before one can say they really "know" a character.

I want to like the baby story but it's centered around way too many underdeveloped characters. Most of these characters have gone from once a month airtime to suddenly being part of an A storyline. That's not how you get fans to vest in the show.

:clap:

I don't give a hoot what goes on with Lani, Eli, or Val. Slapping them into this storyline makes me want to not watch online at night even more.

I don't have an issue with younger characters having a frontburner story but I do have an issue with using underdeveloped characters to suddenly do it.
They have to start somewhere. Even Tom Horton (portrayed by veteran actor McDonald Carey) had to endear himself to viewers as Tom Horton. Suddenly or not, we need the younger characters/actors involved in storylines before all our beloved veterans die off.

I also understand that the story with Lani's baby is not technically a "Who's the Daddy?" one but it still has all the twists, turns and secrets of one, so I don't see it as being too far off.

Back