Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 12, 2016

I just can't with this Hope killing Stefano storyline. Like someone else mentioned, this should be a huge umbrella storyline with many characters involved. The past several weeks, Hope and Rafe have been so isolated. It's horrible.

I'm glad that Theo told Lani about the bully at school but I wish she would have offered more support or guidance here. I mean, she's a cop for crying out loud, not to mention his sister. To me, it was like he confided in her about some girl he was interested in not about someone who has been basically abusing him via text and now invading his personal space (just how did that paper end up in his locker by the way?). I know it would probably upset Theo but I sort of hope Lani confides in Abe about what's going on. I love that Ciara wants to stand up for her friend. So far the teens are sort of hit or miss but this particular storyline has promise. And I absolutely love the way the actor is portraying Autistic Theo. I would love for this to be a big enough story such that the actor could submit for an Emmy because I think that would be wonderful for the Autism community.

I liked the Abby/Chad scenes and I think it was very realistic for her to be cautious and apprehensive about accepting his proposal at first. I loved that both Abby and Chad stood up to Andre. They were both in mama and papa bear mode basically doing anything to protect their little family. It was awesome. I just cannot fathom why Abby wore that sleeveless dress thingy in the middle of winter or why Thomas's stroller was in the room earlier this Salem day and then not there later but then magically appeared back at the Horton house. Who knows?

Sher, I wondered too where the baby carriage was when Abby left holding the baby.
The room they had was strange,. Windows on the wall and the door went
to another room.

So, is Ava's son really Steve's and how long will it be before we see him? And how
old will child be now?

Rafe said the building was going to be blown up on Wed. Will it be and will they
find a body when they remove the debris?

I'm surprised Rafe ordered a plane with Stefano's credit card. No one is going
to use it and that will be a "red" flag Stefano didn't leave town.

I guess I'm supposed to forget everything I know about Steve. Including stuff from last month, to buy this Ava crapola on a cracker.
Indeed, what's with Steve apparently taking Ava's line of nonsense seriously? By now, one would think that his Vitali b/s detector would be a finely-tuned instrument. Finally, to make the best of Hope shooting the Phoenix and the absurd cover-up, here's a little speculation about what happens when Stefano arrives at the Maison Blanche in the sky.
EJ: Fatha, I'm so sorry about giving the bank codes to Samanther. It was Clyde Weston who caused my death.
Stefano: Fool, you've helped ruin the DiMera family!
Bart: Hi, Boss, how long are you staying this time?
Stefano: That depends. Where's Kristen? Not here? I guess she's not really dead.
Lexie: Daddy, how could you let that monster Andre back into the mansion? He took me away from my darling Abe and Theo.
Tony: Oh Stefano, coddling the evil one while abusing your good, honest children. How typical.
Benjy: Father, how about giving me my liver back. You don't need it anymore do you?
Santo: Son, I'm sorry to say this, but you did a truly awful job with your children. Most of them are a disgrace to the DiMera name.
Stefano: Maybe, but you didn't do such a good job with me either.

Last edited:
I'm so disappointed it the scripting. I really thought we were truly blessed with the writers in the beginning. They were cleaning up one disaster after another and like gang busters but not so much in the last months. I think we've been duped. Even the viewers and loyal DOOL fans can come up with better stuff than this

Why would the pilots of the DiMera jet take off without a DiMera passenger, or for that matter, any passenger? The entire Hope saga is ridiculous. And please, please, please limit the teen scenes. It wasn't interesting way back with Belle, Shawn and that teen group so why, why, why?

i thought the exact same thing of Abby. Has it been 6 weeks? And she didn't exactly have a routine delivery. Sorry, I am still not an Abby/Chad fan. I do not see them as the next supercouple.

They did kind of make it appear that Chase is Theo's bully. I don't think so and I hope not.

Everything about Hope's story is beyond ridiculous and stupid. Weren't we supposed to be excited for these new writers? Because I think they are blowing her story big time. Hiding Stefano's body? Really, Rafe is going to risk everything to cover for an Insane Hope. And I just can't believe Stefano is really dead but don't know how they would get out of this time.

Perhaps that is the troubles when you have co-headwriters? I don't know. It would seem that perhaps, and I do mean PERHAPS, they are each writing different stories, for different characters??? I mean, Griffith lives in CA, while Higley lives in FL. So it not like they are conferring constantly. (She used to live in CA)

Their job at first was to finish up all the previous writers' stories, which they did, and also to write up and deal with the 50th anniversary, using Corday's idea of the Bi-Centennial celebration of Salem. While the gala was better than that fundraising thing held a year or so ago, (remember, the tiny little room??) it sort of fell flat for me. That said, the fashion show was much better, even if the lighting was darker than I would have liked. But, it was a lot better.

I would agree that this thing with Hope is a downer, is out of character, and is not doing well by either the character of Hope or that of Rafe.

Thanks for the summary. I did really love the Andre/Chad/Abigail scenes. I've always loved Abigail and Chad together, and do think they have super couple potential, so I'm glad they are engaged, and stoked that Chad finally stood up to Andre and for his family.

I think the biggest problem with these writers is that they have great ideas for storylines (Ava's return, Theo's bullying, Hope's revenge), but so far have lazily executed them. They pay no attention to the little details and have changed personalities (Hope's, especially) to fit the storyline. It's far better than anything we've seen since 2011, but that's still not saying much. I hope that these writers improve after everything from the old regime is settled and the deaths are a bit further behind us, but I am a bit disappointed still that the show hasn't been a bit faster-paced and more interesting.

Unless Hope purposely put the piece in that position.

Didn't someone say that the king was placed so that the opponent would have checkmate? (or whatever it is; I don't play chess)

Back