Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 2, 2018

Oh, but they all thought Viv WAS bringing Stefano to the shindig........No one said......that is impossible, etc. Now, they evidently figure Stefano is still hiding out in a villa somewhere, and still doesn't know about Stefan and Vivian.

I don’t know the ins and outs of the corporate world, but do they just appoint someone? Wouldn't there have been some legality issues, provide proof, call the board members, corporate officers, shareholders, to an emergency meeting when Stefan registered his claim?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the summary. Some things warmed my heart in this episode (Vivian's return, a new DiMera, Will and Paul). Others were just absurd. Number one is the circumstances of Stefan's birth. Wasn't Vivian married to Stefano back in the 1990s? Why couldn't the backstory just be that she was pregnant then, but secretly gave it to a long-lost relative to watch for a long time? I know she technically should've still been to old to conceive then, but I think it's less absurd than this story.

Brady & Eve is downright disgusting! He was married to her half-sister and had a child with her. I just don't understand why Brady can't be single for a while. I'm also disgusted with Ciara's attitude. There was no reason for her to be so cruel to Jennifer and Eric. This spoiled brat needs to be shipped back to Hong Kong! Let her parents come back to Salem instead. Oh, and Ciara can take Sonny with her. Let Paul and Will be the next couple in town.

Wasn't Vivian married to Stefano back in the 1990s? Why couldn't the backstory just be that she was pregnant then, but secretly gave it to a long-lost relative to watch for a long time? I know she technically should've still been to old to conceive then, but I think it's less absurd than this story.
Stefano and Vivian were married from 1998 to 1999.

bcb20f692d800236ea9cb15c85c829cf.jpg

Well, I always give new characters a chance, but I agree that it seemed contrived that the board would appoint a previously unknown person as CEO of DiMera Enterprises without considering all options. Also, wouldn't Kate and Chad have been aware of a new bid for CEO?

I still have no idea why Will moved in the mansion with Sonny. It's obvious that at this time he doesn't remember anything of his past life and at this moment he is not interested in Sonny. Why else is he seeking out Paul's company and kissing him.

Brady & Eve is downright disgusting! He was married to her half-sister and had a child with her.

Brady and Theresa were never officially married. They just lived together. Otherwise, I agree with you that Brady and Eve are disgusting.

Thanks, Poirot.

Chloe had the best line today about the lab.

I hope someone makes him do another paternity test.

Why would board of directors believe Vivian and Stefan and let him be CEO?
What kind of job did he have before to qualify as CEO?

I'm glad we saw John and Marlena. I guess they had their New Year's Eve
kiss at Steve and Kayla's house.

I couldn't believe what Ciara said to Eric. I'm glad she apologized.

guess this is another situation where there's no way it could've happened, but we just have to go with it. Like Paul being John's son.
No. Just no. I'm hoping, hoping, hoping, hoping against hope, that this is a long con. (Six months or less.)

I don't care about DiMera and the Salem-universe did not need another one.

The Paul/John and Marlena/Will scenes were fun. Sonny is a dope, he can leave any time and I still don't care who's CEO of Titan.

Ciara needs to speak or get off the pot. The longer she waits, the dumber she is. I don't like dumb characters.

When Viv said they had the DNA tested, & Chloe replied...probably at the Sami Brady paternity lab - cracked me up. Must say, the party goers had some good snarky comments for the mother/son duo. Kate reminding she insisted they leave Viv in the sarcophagus, Andre figuring Stefan will say his mummy is dead, and no records of his birth, lol.
I really enjoyed this as well, as dumb as the reveal and overall party were, I did enjoy the first-act snark.

I've never been a Vivian fan but the snark was on point. My biggest issue is that John/Marlena and Steve/Kayla weren't there. John should have been the one snarking at Stefan's name instead of Hope.

And does Vivian even know half the people in that room and vice versa?

Nice to finally see John and Marlena but not to prop Will and Paul. Can they get their own story?

Let her parents come back to Salem instead.

I think you mean her brother and sister-in-law but other than that I agree.

Brady and Eve are disgusting. Fast forward material for me.

I stand by my theory that Ron likes to write for villainous women. Today we had Kate, Eve, and Vivian.

Well, I always give new characters a chance, but I agree that it seemed contrived that the board would appoint a previously unknown person as CEO of DiMera Enterprises without considering all options. Also, wouldn't Kate and Chad have been aware of a new bid for CEO?
:sick::sick::sick:Mr. Shin and the DiMera Enterprises Board: This people have set a new standard for corporate stupidity. What company would (to borrow a line from Tom Buchanan from the Great Gatsby) hire Mr. Nobody from Nowhere on the recommendation of a known criminal lunatic like Vivian Alamain. They even seen to have bought in on Vivian's supposed birth certificate and DNA test. Why? Everyone knows that in Salem these aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

:confused:Stefan O. and Vivian: Do these two idiots know whom they're messing around with? This isn't Victor, Maggie, and Brady like back in the days of the magic sarcophagus, it's the lethal Kate and Andre. Both Vivian and her protege could be in a brownie-induced coma or buried alive in no time at all.

:confused:Why does Big Boy Sonny think that Will will fall right back into a relationship with him? He has no memory of his marriage to the Kiriakis big shot and might just view him as a pushy rich kid shot trying to push him into a marital relationship when there are other handsome, athletic gay men out there.

Last edited:
@Jason.the way I remember it. when Viv first mentioned Rudolfo.( in the past) she alluded to having been hoodwinked by Stefano, using the fake name of Rudolfo, "back in Europe some years ago"

@Jason.the way I remember it. when Viv first mentioned Rudolfo.( in the past) she alluded to having been hoodwinked by Stefano, using the fake name of Rudolfo, "back in Europe some years ago"
Thanks, that was how I remembered it, too. But that was the era of Vivian-and-Stefano conspiring against Sami and wearing French Fry outfits, so I kinda lost interest. LOL

Why do we need Lucas? Instead let's have flashbacks to scenes from 30 minutes ago. Good night!

Back