Days of Our Lives - Tues. Jan. 21, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only about 20 minutes of the show aired before they cut in to cover the speeches that were not to start til later. Maggie with an upset Sarah, comforting her about Mickey's illness. They go back to last Mother's Day.

Sonny with Will, talking of maybe another child. Will is gonna think it over. Chad & Abby on the sofa, already had breakfast with the kids (this is all flashback), he obviously wants to make out, takes off her spike heels, foot rub, but she wants to go help Will at the paper, and see her mom, who is still in coma. She leaves, Tony comes in, upset, just heard from Mr. Shin that he has been ousted. Seems Gabi is now CEO, & she had help. Chad calls Mr. Shin, having a fit about it all, Anna comes home from shopping for Noah, hears the news about Tony, comments maybe it is for the best. Turns out she evidently helped Gabi with whatever she did to get Mr. Shin to convince the board.

Sonny is joined by Gabi, who brags about her CEO position now. Yaks about the lovely morning with Ari, perfect day. Adrienne lays on the sofa, cucumber slices on her eyes, talks on phone to Justin, will forego the pedicure & manicure, wants to check the office. She is talked out of that, agrees she will stay home, hangs up, hears commotion in hall. Sarah is yelling, as is Maggie, Adrienne rushes out, Sarah in labor, Maggie will drive to hospital, they open door to find Summer there. Sorry, in a rush, should have let us know you would be coming. Summer says this is important, Adrienne will drive Sarah, Maggie stay with Summer.

Tony angry at Anna, who feels Tony always gets pulled in by the company, neglects others. Spent their honeymoon talking with Shin about buying something while she had to shop with Mrs. Shin. She decides she is leaving, packs her bags, but Tony decides to go with her (she had Harold pack his, too) they leave.

Will joined at office by Abby, she talks of her mom, he asks about two kids being worse than one. She says one kid is one, 2 kids are 10. Victor is at the Titan office, Xander walks in, Vic snarks on Kristen in labor,

Sorry, that was all I got........

I found a video clip of entire show,.,.,.,.,.,.but no sound. I I turned on the CC, but it gets a lot of words wrong. However, the accident occurs at the end, only see Adrienne swerving, after blasting her horn at someone, and Will looking at his phone, suddenly seeing headlights. The last of Maggie is her in her living room, picking up a drink evidently left by Summer, and looking at it.

Summer tells Maggie she's also an alcoholic and dying of cirrhosis, has 3-6 months to live (her hand is shaking from not having a drink in 30 minutes). Maggie grasps for straws, can get her on the transplant list. Summer takes a bottle of booze out of the purse, asks Maggie to have a drink with her. Summer throws back a drink, tells Maggie to tell Brady he shouldn't have pulled her from the ocean that day, then leaves. Maggie sits on the couch, in pieces, and stares desperately at the bottle of booze.

Adrienne chatters to Sarah about her kids, mentions she was in 7 hours of hard labor with Sonny, but all is forgotten when the baby is placed on her chest. Then something happens. Uh-oh, a flat tire. Adrienne says not to worry, she'll call for an ambulance to take Sarah to the hospital and wait for the the motor club to change the tire. Uh-oh, again, neither Adrienne or Sarah has any cell service. Oh well, Adrienne will change the tire herself. Sarah is shocked, Adrienne says she's no hot-house flower, then gets out of the car.

Sonny reminds Will to call Sami, AGAIN. Sonny later gives the gift to Gabi for Mother's Day. He talks about how he mentioned having another child with Sonny. Gabi loves the idea.

Tony is furious about Anna selling him out, but in the end, realizes it's most important to be with the woman he loves. She thinks it's a great idea, because she was going after George Clooney. Tony says George will have to wait, because Anna is his. They leave together (she had Harold pack their bags) and she says they'll have to drive like a bat out of hell or they'll miss their plane.

Will and Abby talk; he gets a text that Joe in printing is done. They hug and she offers good luck on whatever he and Sonny decide to do about having another child (she was telling him how great it was to have 2 kids, even though it's a handful, and Ari will be a great big sister).

Adrienne gets done with the tire and is back into the car. All is well. Adrienne tells Sarah to call Xander once she has cell service. (Sarah had been telling Adrienne how she was snotty to him and pushed him away today)

Victor and Xander talk at the office, Xander telling Uncle Vic about how he's only pretending to be the father of Sarah's baby. Victor thinks he's nuts and it's a bad idea to get attached to a baby that's not his. Xander says it's too late, he's already attached to the baby, and Sarah. Victor says his lips are sealed (about telling anyone, especially Eric).

Chad's on the phone (I think with Abby) telling her that Tony's out, Gabi's in and he hasn't had a chance to talk to Gabi yet. Just then, Gabi comes into the DiMansion study, asking if he heard the good news yet.

Sonny gets a text from Will saying he thought about it, and "let's do it!" (another child). Sonny's thrilled, then looks at Adrienne's picture and tells her their family is going to get bigger.

Maggie calls Brady (leaving a message), saying she needs his help, immediately. She hangs up, then clutches the glass of booze that Summer left sitting.

Sarah thanks Adrienne for her advice, Adrienne tells her to call Xander. She does, tells him she's in labor and says she'd like him to be with her in the delivery room if he still wants to. Of course he does. She says they're almost to the hospital, so he has to hurry.

Will is driving and remembers Sonny's prompt to call Sami. He looks at the clock on the dash, realizes it's after midnight in Italy and says he's a dead man. He pulls out his phone and is dialing.

Adrienne and Sarah are flooded with bright headlights. Adrienne yells out, hey buddy, out of my lane, and blows her horn, repeatedly. Will looks up, OMG. Sarah screams and Xander yells, what's wrong, what's wrong?????

Just wow - that was horrible! Why on earth did they think it was a good idea to bring back Summer and make a big announcement and she is on and done already. Same with Anna and Tony - why did they have to come back at all, just to leave again. I hate that! Just knowing that Sarah's baby was sick could have been enough reason for Maggie to start drinking - why bring back a dreadful character who no one liked in the first place, just to announce that she was dying?

I am not sure how people were able to see the show, but thank you!

So you have Will driving while distracted. Tony and Anna "racing" to the airport. Abby was on her way to see Jennifer when Chad was talking to her. Was she also driving? And presumably a drunk Summer out in her car. I'd think any of them could be responsible for causing the accident that ultimately killed Adrienne. Since Summer is a "throwaway" character, my guess is that it'll end up she was the one who caused the accident. Pure speculation.

Well, got the sound on this....and everything else on YouTube except the video I found.........Glad someone got it. My station still on the hearing.

Thanks for the recaps. Nothing on our NBC out of Chicago. Does Cozi cost extra? I can probably see it tomorrow on the NBC app. Not sure I care!

Does Cozi cost extra?
Some areas can get Cozi for free with rabbit ears (antenna). It's a digital sub-station. A couple cable and satellite companies also carry Cozi. I don't think it's an extra charge, but it might not be available on basic cable level. You'd have to check with your provider. But it's not a premium channel like HBO or something along those lines.

Yes, our area also gets COZI with rabbit ears. It's free here, too.

Gramcracker, if you don't have cable, you may have to go up and down through the channels to find the station. I think ours here is 5.3 or something like that.

Long time lurker, infrequent poster. Just want to thank everybody for all their time and effort to keep us updated on the goings on in Salem. Also for making this site fun!

Gramcracker, if you don't have cable, you may have to go up and down through the channels to find the station. I think ours here is 5.3 or something like that.
Here is Cozi's website. Put in your zip code and it'll show you if it's available over the air with an antenna antenna:

http://www.cozitv.com/get-cozi-tv/

If you have a flat screen TV, it's already a digital receiver. If you have an old style tube TV, you'll need a digital converter box and an antenna.

I used to have to have a 12 ft. pole on the roof, with the antenna on it.......as TV comes from 125 miles away. It's why I eventually had to get Direct TV, since the only clear station was CBS, others always snowy, blurry. Except PBS. Right this minute, it is almost 5:30 p.m. Central, local stations carry local news, with national news starting at 5:30. So, ABC & CBS are doing local. NBC is still doing hearing coverage.

Back