Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 26, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Hope brings out a tray of goodies for Ciara's party, then takes off, gonna get out of their way, for which Ciara is grateful. Evidently there are guards watching the house, so all should be well. A bit later, a few kids are now there, (I do not hear any music) including Claire. Joey arrives, drunk Ciara says he smells like a brewery, he gets offended, bumps up against one kid, causing the guy to spill his drink on himself. Shoving match ensues, Chase & Ciara break it up, Joey leaves.

Rafe stops in to see Roman, asking about Eric, who is being released tomorrow, Roman says he intends to come straight to the police station, turn himself in, but right now Roman has been going over the sentences for vehicular manslaughter, & one is possible life in prison. Rafe doesn't think that will happen. They get to talking of Hope, Rafe mentions going to the Horton cabin with them tomorrow. Roman is not all that thrilled, tells him ...as Hope's brother-in-law...that he doesn't want her hurt.

Eric is reading the bible, trying to concentrate. Later, Hope comes to visit, Eric talks of being punished for what he did, Hope is sorry. Eric tells her don't be....you didn't do anything.
Hope goes to see Rafe at the cop shop, brings dutch apple pie, 2 forks so they share. She talks of remembering what happened that night, how she keeps seeing Stefano, hearing him, seeing him go down. And talks of Andre's persistence in believing she had something to do with Stefano's disappearance. Rafe tells her the building where they put the body has been blown up, & the concrete for the new foundation is being poured today, (or tomorrow??) so nothing will remain.

Steve is arguing with Ava, who insists she will only tell where Kayla is if Steve finds their son. He finally agrees, but is not going to let her out of his sight, grabs her hand, takes her home with him. He starts looking over the papers she had given him, notes a Dr. Calhoun, asks a few questions, but she doesn't know or remember anything. Her father was doing everything. Steve now gets a call from Joey, can tell he has been drinking, Joey says yes, and he can't drive, so will Dad come and get him. Steve agrees, handcuffs Ava to a table, goes to get a contrite Joey, who is sorry, he has messed up. Steve is pretty understanding, is sorry he cannot fix or change the stuff life throws at him.

They walk in the apartment, Joe is astonished to see Ava, asks what is going on, Steve tells him most, but makes Ava admit she knocked out Kayla and has her hidden away, until Steve does what she has asked. Joey is appalled, and now learns that Ava is claiming her missing son's father is Steve. A lot for Joey to take in, Steve tells him to go to bed now. When Joey leaves the room, Ava gets all coy and cutesy, talking of how they used to be, how much she loved him, and still does. Steve sits down on the sofa next to her, leans over, and says (Oh, I loved this) I would rather use a spoon to dig out my good eye than ever have anything to do with you. It is not going to happen.

Abe, Lani & Theo are having dinner at the Pub, small talk. Theo is late for the party, checks his phone, (evidently another message from the bully). He says it is nothing, Lani asks if that is another text from the cyber bully, Theo gets upset, she was not supposed to tell. He starts to leave, Lani gives a fast rundown to Abe, who goes after Theo, but his son just does not want anyone to do anything. Abe talks of young people sometimes unhappy with themselves, so doing something like is is them taking out their frustrations with themselves. Theo figures the person wants Theo to hate them, and he doesn't want to. Abe hugs his son, says he will leave it alone if that is what Theo wants.

Back to the boring teen get to gether. Ooops, sorry...back to the teen party. Claire is telling Ciara about the Juliard audition, Chase comes over with a last mint cupcake for Ciara, leaves, Claire notes Chase never even noticed her, is crushing on Ciara, who denies it. She does admit Chase trying to kiss her, but it was right after his dad died, he was all mixed up. Ciara can tell Claire is crushing on Chase, go for it. Claire goes to talk to Chase, mentions some event and perhaps they can go together. Nope, he is not dating. (all very awkward) Ciara has paid attention. Later, the kids all leave, and Hope comes in immediately after. (gee, just a little open jacket over that leather vest like thing...and in mid-winter. Guess it is really mild there). She offers to clean up, Ciara is happy, owes her, and goes upstairs. Chase remains for a bit, but later is gone when Rafe calls, just making sure Hope got home o.k. Yep, she is there now, thanks for checking, see you bright and early in a.m.

Roman goes in to see Eric, who is sleeping, moving restlessly. He just strokes his shoulder, his chest, Eric calms down, as Roman says softly, that's my boy, that's my boy.

And while all this is going on....in the darkened DiMera study, we see a hurt and bleeding Andre' enter the room, barely being able to stand (wonder how he got there) groaning, grunting, holding onto furniture as he takes a few steps. He is holding a cloth to his cheek, but falls unconscious to the floor.
Later, he comes to, struggles to get up. (and I give huge kudos here to Thaao Penghlis, really does a great job) one side of his head is bleeding, but he holds the that cloth to the other, gets over to the mirror, cries out in agony as he tries removing the cloth, which evidently is stuck. There is a big gash. Andre' again looks in the mirror, and is moaning in pain as he pulls out a piece of debris from the wound. He now utters his first words....Damn you, Hope!

The old Susan Powter weight-loss ad line "Stop the Insanity" would surely apply today. Leading the way were the doings at the Johnson home. As Little Joey said: "None of this makes sense." How could Steve once again be taken in by a lunatic like Ava, and if the Vitali crime queen really only wanted to be reunited with her long-lost child, why didn't she simply hire a qualified investigator instead of the worse-for-wear Steve? Over at the police station, there was Rafe saying: "Maybe he [Andre] won't be a problem anymore." When was Andre never a problem?? Speaking of Andre, he was showing his (perhaps justified) lack of confidence in the uncertain quality of care at University Hospital by tending to his apparently serious injuries with a cloth and some antiseptic. Perhaps, the only good sense today was Teen Ciara telling Claire not to go down with her dysfunctional parents' ship.

Zowie, Ciara's "kickback" was sure one humdinger of a hootenanny wasn't it? Yep, I pride myself on knowing all the crazy cool lingo the kids are using these days.

Like Poirot, I loved Steve's response to Ava's attempt at flirtation. When he said "We are never getting back together" I instantly heard Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Getting Back Together" started playing in my head. The only thing that would have made that moment better in my opinion is if some of the people in crazy costumes in the video for the song jumped up from behind the sofa and started jumped around while the song played and confetti and streamers fell from the ceiling.

Steve had a few lines today, like about getting the duct tape for Ava's mouth. I am disliking this story but the actress is bringing the creep factor up high with Ava! Ick!

Also I mentioned it in another post but I cannot believe that there still hasn't been a funeral but the teen party was aired. I have no problems with the teens but I just feel like there are bigger stories to get through first.

A lot of yucky stuff on today's show. Andre and his face. He had to carefully
remove the towel without tearing more skin. Later, Steve talked to Ava
about a spoon and his eye...

I'm glad Steve told Joey what Ava did to Kayla and maybe he has
a brother.

Nice to see Abe with Lani and Theo. Abe knows about the bully. It's
Interesting
Theo doesn't want to hate the bully.

(all very awkward)
Basically, the whole show. LOL Except for Steve's zinger to Ava: "I would rather scoop out my good eye..." the show was a snooze.

Claire suddenly likes Chase? That would have been nice to know. James Lastovic (Joey) did a nice job of playing drunk but I'm still gagging on the Ava story.

I'm really liking Theo. I hope this bully story is wrapped up quickly, unless it turns out that John's mother Maude is the bully.

Ugh, what a terrible episode But thanks for the write-up, Poirot. Appreciate you sitting through this crap for us to be able to read. Just about everything was boring/dull/bad/sucked except for the following:

-Hope finally visiting her nephew Eric, which was great. But I wish she could've done the same with Brady and Jennifer, and also mourned Daniel a bit.

-Joey learning the truth about Ava, because hopefully he will stop crushing on her. Also loved Patch's one-liner to Ava.

-Theo's storyline progressing a little bit.

Though it was initially hinted, I guess Jen was not in any way at fault in the fatal car crash.

Did Joseph say that he had been riding the motorcycle today? :eek:

I wish Hope had included a knife among her pie-sharing utensils. :rolleyes:

The demolition contractors would almost certainly clear the rubble before pouring new foundation concrete. Hope Andre was able to retrieve Stefano's ring. :)

Was kind of waiting for Andre to smear some of his blood on that living room figurine already in evidence.

I don't trust Lani; she is snoopy, sneaky, and ambitious. Was an Abe/Lani DNA test done? :rolleyes:

Did Chase and Claire seem mutually attracted to each other at their first meeting?

I sure hope this bully story doesn't take a sinister turn and it's Lani . :( I know with all the "cut to" may have been scrambled to throw us off but we know it's not Joey. He was smashed and I wouldn't expect that of him. Chase was at the "kickback"; it could still be him. Poor Claire was bordering on pathetic when trying to talk to him, by the way. Lani wasn't seen just before but soon after Theo got the text, but was ready to blab about it. Which may not be good for trust in her. I know it wouldn't mine.

also mourned Daniel a bit.
Hope outsourced her mourning to Maggie.
I don't trust Lani; she is snoopy, sneaky, and ambitious.
Uhoh- Salem can't abide cops who are eager to do their jobs!! LOL That being said - I'm not sure the writers know what they're doing with Lani. I think they just wanted to increase their share a bit so tacked her on to Abe. It sure hasn't given him any story.

I just honestly don't have a lot of words for the show anymore. Andre pulling the piece of wood out of his face, Hope leaving the kids alone, with guards yes, but this is Andre, Theo never did go to the party that we saw anyway, just so much craziness and loose ends and changes and so very long between seeing characters but yet we are to be invested in their story line. I personally can't wait till Eric leaves. I have no desire to again watch his sour whining pouting face for months.

Last edited:
Enjoyed Hope and Eric as well. I also thought it would have been great had Steve brought Joey to see Eric. Loved Joey mentioning Eric though.

Glad Joey knows the truth about Ava. WHERE IS KAYLA? It's been almost 2 weeks now and we haven't even seen her in captivity. I too enjoyed Steve's zinger.

The party was just odd. No music? And isn't it a school night? I actually would like to see Chase and Claire together but I want him to pursue her. I also don't like how Claire and Ciara continue to communicate as if they are friends and not family. All this my parents stuff needs to stop. Ciara should have inserted a zinger or 2 about Shawn when Claire was complaining.

Hey Hope, your granddaughter Claire is over. Remember her?!

Since Chad wants to live in the DiMansion, where does he think Andre will go?

Has anyone else noticed that we never (or rarely) hear Claire refer to Bo and Hope as her grandparents? When talking to Ciara today about plotting to get Belle and Shawn back together, she referred to Bo and Hope as "your parents" to Ciara. We rarely see any interaction between Hope and Claire. Even at the Horton Christmas, Claire was there but it almost felt like she was an outsider and not of Horton lineage. Maybe they are trying to distance them to keep us from remembering that Hope is in her 50's with the whole Rafe "thing". Claire has many family members in town and the person she gets the most "mothering" from is Eve. Whatever the reason is, I'm not really liking it.

Last edited:
Back