Days of Our Lives - Tues.,Jan. 8, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Salem is full of confrontations and advice being given, it got tiresome. Ciara is visiting Abby and Charlotte, they talk a bit of how Gabi manipulated and fooled Chad, Ciara thinking all will be well with Abby & Chad, she says not necessarily. They soon get to talking of Ben, Abby hears about him kidnapping Gabi, who wasn't hurt, but goes on and on to Ciara about not trusting him, he is dangerous, etc. etc. Ciara admits she cares for him, tells of how kind and caring he was to her in the cabin, but Abby persists in detailing his crimes. Ciara talks of him having been mentally ill, is better, thinks Abby should understand. Abby claims it was her alters (as an aside from me, seems she had a breakdown before the DID, when she set Ben on fire??) and just keeps warning Ciara against him.

And over to Hope, who has called in Ted Laurent, wanting him to rep Stefan. He refuses, the man is charged with treason, kept me a prisoner on an island for nearly a year, etc. Hope discards that, gets down to the nitty gritty, she wants Ben Weston, Ted says two cases not related. She figures if he can get Stefan to turn on Weston, she can wiggle him out of this treason charge. As he is leaving, having agreed, Rafe comes in.

Chad talks to Julie, at the club, wanting her to set up a special romantic dinner for him & Abby. He tells how he tried to talk to her, did not work out, he has really screwed up. Julie says she is on his side, wants him & Abby back together, along comes Kate saying she does too. Chad ignores her, told her he was done with her. Kate does not go easily. Julie goes off to make arrangements, Kate tells Chad of Stefan's arrest, the board already ousted him as CEO, offered to Kate, she refused. She goes on and on why Chad should take it, he refuses, she creates all kinds of reasons. He takes of the Dimera ring, done with that, she presses on and on like a broken record.

Julie runs into Gabi, they have words, back and forth, Gabi really acting like she did not wrong. Gabi informs Julie Abby is not pressing charges, Julie talks of going herself to testify to authorities, especially how Gabi pushed her down the staircase. Gabi warns her if she opens her big mouth, Gabi will shut it forever.

Rafe goes to see Stefan, says the attorney is delayed, seems the board is more interested in damage control than worrying about the CEO. They go back and forth, but Stefan tells him how Hope wanted him to turn on Ben, how Rafe's wife is more concerned with railroading Ben Weston, than nailing Stefan. Rafe points out that if Ben goes down for kidnapping Gabi, Stefan will go, too. Nope, Stefan is very insistent that Hope doesn't care about him, it is only Ben.

Gabi sits on a park bench, Ben comes along, she jumps up, initially scared, Ben assures her he has no bad intentions, is sorry he took her. Now Gabi talks with venom over how Ben just handed her over to Stefan, asking if he knows what Stefan did to her. She relates being tied up, left in the chair overnight, the hot poker in the morning, threats, etc. Ben is sorry, he does mention Ciara being upset, not being able to be hired by anyone else, etc. Gabi eventually storms off.

Ben sits and thinks about Ciara, what she said, what he did. (flashback to Ciara & Ben). He knows what he has to do, gets up.

Rafe wants to talk to Hope alone, Ted leaves. He cannot believe what she is doing how she is doing it, breaking all kinds of rules. She is determined to take down Ben, he tries to point out all the wrongs she is doing...not going to help.

Ted goes to see Stefan, says he will have him out in the morning, but he has to spend the night in jail.

Ben goes to DiMansion, a figure sits behind the desk, he starts saying he is sorry, can no longer work for you, Mr. DiMera, I have to leave. The figure stands, comes out of the shadows, it is Chad. He smiles. Stefan is no longer your boss. I am.

I found Gabi whining to Ben, running from him, and then trying to intimidate Julie hilarious. She is unbearable for me. I see her on my screen and the episode potential goes from a A to C automatically. I wish we could fast forward to her next storyline. I can’t take much more of her whining and hypocritical judgment of others while accepting no responsibility for her actions.

I liked the Ciara and Abby scenes. I totally understand Abby’s mindset when it comes to Ben, but it seems like she is still in denial when it comes to her own illness. She blames the alters, but they are a part of her illness. I feel like she would be a lot better off if she just comes to terms with that instead making it seem like the world was against her.

I’m glad Rafe finally told Hope off. Her obsession is finally driving a serious wedge between and I couldn’t be happier.

That last scene with Stefan made me lol. The way his face was laying on the table with his mouth open reminded me of a school kid who didn’t get enough sleep the night before. He did not look like a true DiMera.

I have been relying on the recaps for a long time, which I truly appreciate. I just retired a couple of weeks ago and have been actually watching the show. I am so disturbed at actually watching these characters saying and doing these asinine things, that they are unrecognizable (Hope, anyone). And today, to see both the self-righteous Abigail go on and on about how awful Ben was and he can't change, etc. even when Ciara pointed out that SHE herself had done horrible things and was now claiming that she was "all better," was horrible.

And then, cut to Gabi, who went after Ben for kidnapping her and then to threaten Julie that she would silence her big mouth if she didn't leave her alone, was beyond crazy! Gabi got a big break and instead of embracing that, she now thinks she is even MORE invincible. And when Rafe calls Hope out AGAIN that she was crossing the line and hear Hope say that she was doing it for "the greater good," just makes me angry - and sad. There is no one on this show I really care about anymore. (Actually, I do kind of like Ciara.) I will probably go back to the recaps, so thank you to those who write them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Poirot.

I hope Chad decided to take back the CEO job and won't wear the ring.
Because I think the ring is evil :)

Today we saw a picture in Hope's office with her and Rafe. On the
back wall, a map of Illinois.

Julie wasn't happy Gabi isn't in jail.

I enjoyed Abby and Ciara's talk.

I wonder if Ciara thinks Ben working for Chad is better than Stefan.

I liked the Ciara and Abby scenes. I totally understand Abby’s mindset when it comes to Ben, but it seems like she is still in denial when it comes to her own illness. She blames the alters, but they are a part of her illness. I feel like she would be a lot better off if she just comes to terms with that instead making it seem like the world was against her.
I enjoyed these too but also thought Abigail is not taking responsibility for things she did. Alter or not. She did them. Before she has seemed to own up to it, like with Gabi. Plus SHE did kill a man!! That is what caused the alters but she did it!! So maybe she and Ben have a little more in common than she wants to admit!!

Hope needs to lose her job and be brought down several notches!! Rafe needs to stop enabling her!! Get a back bone and be a cop!!! Maybe he's trying but I am sick to death of holier than though Hope.

Chad. I am so tired of be a CEO not be a CEO. I really can't relate to it. Never been or never will be a CEO. Tired of his bs. Kate makes me ill. Yes, it is definitely her guilty conscience! She lied to him several big lies. Seeing Gabby and Chad being the father. Unforgivable as far as I'm concerned. But apparently she talked him into being CEO again!!

I'm pretty sure Gabi threatened Julie's life. Julie does need to give up on the she killed poor Nick. He was not a good guy at that time.

I wonder if Robert Scott Wilson (Ben) had a hard time keeping a straight face with his line, "I don't kill people . . . . any more."

I laughed out loud.

If he grinned after saying that while facing away from the character he was talking to that would be a good way of revealing to the audience that he's still crazy if they were going in that direction with his character(I don't want them to).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ciara talks of him having been mentally ill, is better, thinks Abby should understand
Scores of viewers were undoubtedly screaming this at their television sets as well.
She called Gabi a "chili pepper" today. I'm finished with her.
asking if {Ben} knows what Stefan did to {Gabi}
Nobody cares about you, boo hoo. I don't even care about her anymore, either.

Too much to hope they have a rematch on the Kmansion stairs and tumble to their mutual deaths?
She figures if he can get Stefan to turn on Weston, she can wiggle him out of this treason charge. As he is leaving, having agreed,
I can't wait for DrBakerFan to weigh in on this one!
Gabi will shut it forever.
Groan. Time to spit or get off the pot. I thought we were supposed to think she was "sorry" and was just feeling "boohooey" about her temporary (I'm sure) inability to have more kids?

Clueless Hope: Somebody should tell the obsessed police commissioner that shyster Ted cannot testify to anything he learned about Ben while representing him because of attorney-client privilege. If he did take the witness stand, Ben could assert the privilege and nothing Ted wants to say would be admissible. And when the Salem Bar Association learns of Ted's antics, he'd be immediately disbarred.

Clueless Gabi: Yes, Julie is often in the wrong, but Gabi made a big mistake by threatening her. Hell hath no fury like an offended Julie. If push came to shove, despite her age, she probably could send Gabi home in a bucket, or at the very least sic Hope on her. (This might give Hope something for Hope to obsess about besides Ben.)

Stefan Zero: What kind of third-rate DiMera is this guy -- using a shyster like Ted as his defense attorney? A real DiMera would have a small army of skilled attorneys with Ivy-League law degrees ready, willing, and able to save their client from the clutches of the law. And the Big Zero shouldn't be so offended at the prospect of a night in jail. Even the mighty Phoenix briefly ended up in Roman's jail. I remember this distinctly because Stefano was calmly sitting in a cell reading a book -- one of the few times any Salemite was seen reading anything but a menu, the Spectator, or the Intruder.

Ben: Could the ouster of McPerv be his salvation with Ciara or will a newly-empowered Chad have his own extra-legal agenda?

Does anyone know? If you murder someone, sane or not, wouldn't you have to be locked up? It seems to me you would have to serve time no matter what your mental state at the time.

Ben & Abby both found mentally ill, so were sent to mental hospital. Ben WAS locked up. Abby was released, apparently because it was her alters, not her normal self. Don't know how the heck Hope got off (Stefano). Dr. Bakerfan here does a lot of eye rolling at the justice system in Salem, and we all roll eyes at the medical outcomes of whatever befalls the hapless Salemites.
Salem water truly amazing.

Don't know how the heck Hope got off (Stefano).
Because thanks to Steve and Shane's secret plan of Shane impersonating Stefano, everybody thinks Stefano is alive and in hiding somewhere now. (although at times, they do refer to him in the past tense, but I think that's more of a writing blooper since the actor has died in real life)

enjoyed these too but also thought Abigail is not taking responsibility for things she did. Alter or not. She did them. Before she has seemed to own up to it, like with Gabi. Plus SHE did kill a man!! That is what caused the alters but she did it!! So maybe she and Ben have a little more in common than she wants to admit!

If I remember the story correctly, Abigail killed Andre. Not any of the alters. As stated above, she "split" after the murder as a way to protect herself from the horror of the murder. So no, the alter did not commit the murder, Abigail did...as Abigail. Am I remembering wrong? And if I'm correct, then she is just a tad better than Ben, since she's not a serial killer

Back