Days of Our Lives - Tues. July 13, 2010

Did anyone else besides me think that hug between Daniel and Philip looked really gay? The actors looked so uncomfortable when they were doing it. Couldn't the writers have come up with a better excuse as to why Philip came to see Chloe like he was concerned about her since she was told that she couldn't have children and now all of a sudden she is pregnant. After all Dan knows that they are very close friends who confide in each other about things. Also I don't understand why Philip would talk to Chloe about the affair and the fact that he may be the baby's father in Daniel's and Chloe's apartment when you never know when Daniel may decide to show up. Why didn't they leave and go someplace where they could talk in private without being interrupted. Also I am surprised that when Melanie found out that she didn't have to work that she didn't try to go over to Chloe's apartment and meet up with her husband so that they could spend the rest of the day together like they originally planned. Instead she decides to hang out with Brady and Arianna at the beach instead of with her husband on her day off.

LOL It could have been worse they could have had sex on Maggie's kitchen table and Maggie could have walked in on them with Victor. Then again at least the truth would have came out right away and we wouldn't have to see the Phloe flashback a million times over. I really don't know what the writers are thinking when they write this stuff.

Welcome, Karebr13. I didn't think about Philip and Daniel looking gay but I did think they looked awkward. It was an awkward situation all around and they didn't seem to know how to end it.

No I did not think the hug between Philip and Daniel looked "gay". Brothers, Fathers & sons hug each other all the time. Philip and Daniel go way back, have known each other for years. Philip knows Daniel has a special place in Victor's heart, and let's not forget that Daniel saved Philip's brother's life (Bo).

And I think Melanie was faking spending the day with Brady & Arianna. She pretended, set up the picnic to get them back together, and took off, which was her intention all the time.

Hopefully karebr13 can clarify things soon. I'd hazard to guess though, the karebr13 used the term "gay" in this case, to be a general disparaging term. Especially since the next statement was "The actors looked so uncomfortable when they were doing it." One of my co-workers uses the word gay in that manner. She'll refer to something as being "so gay," when she means that it's stupid or something similar.

Could be wrong, but that was how I understood it.

To Karebr13
1. What exactly do you mean by "looking gay?"
2. How does a person look gay? I smile and dance when I look gay.
I read the comment as negative homophobic type stereotyping, and if that is the case, it is offensive to me.
3. Perhaps you can explain in a way that I could understand better.

Back