Days of Our Lives - Tues.,July 3, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Marlena comes to see her maid of honor, Kayla, showing her pics of wedding gowns. Doesn't take long for Kayla to tell of Steve getting his new eye, for Marlena to notice she is upset, getting her to open up, promising confidentiality. Kayla tells her tale of how she loves Steve, got Stefan to give her the eye, but wanting a favor. She stops at that point, won't tell what the favor was (to help him bring down Kate). She explains how Steve would refuse no matter what, stay blind rest of his life, rather than take anything from Stefan after what he did to Abigail.

Meanwhile, John sits drinking shots with Steve, more or less talking over the same thing, talk a bit of the wedding, Steve does mention a date, Aug. 22, John teases that Steve will be able to see his mug by then. Marlena arrives, another toast to them all.

Gabi has met up with Abby, gives her Stefan's toothbrush. He has followed, sees Gabi give Abby something, steps back behind the arch, coming out later. He wants to know what they are doing, Gabi says none of your business, he claims she said she was going to work, but is here instead, and wants to know what he saw Gabi give Abby. Again, none of your business, but Abby pulls something out of her purse belonging to Thomas, which she had asked Gabi to retrieve, Gabi says it is why she went upstairs in DiMansion. Gabi & Abby start to leave, but Abby wants to talk to Stefan. Gabi leaves, Abby tells him all her alters were integrated. He starts in, then she should have the memories, and knows how he & Gabby loved each other, blah, blah. (Sorry, folks, this annoyed me no end, as he went on and on). He tries to get Abby to say a part of her cares about him, she denies. Then tells him that if he really loved Gabby, and cares about her, he will leave her & Chad alone. He says he will. She leaves.

Chad & Kate continue to sit in the square, blathering away about how she cannot get hold of Leo, how they hope he signs the papers, takes the money, yada, yada. Along comes Paul, telling them of Leo's alias, being a prostitute, petty theft, etc. John found it all, Will took the file to Sonny. He & his dad figure Leo had an accomplice, covered his tracks pretty well. Will let them know if they find anything more, Paul leave. More yada about this now. Chad leaves....runs into Stefan who says he just missed Abby, pushes a few buttons, Chad ignores him, continues on.

Gabi joins Kate, claiming to Chad she wants to talk to her about Gabi Chic, but after Chad is gone, wants to know what goes on with her and Stefan. She overheard them, he has something on her, what is it. She is her friend, and would like to help. Kate gives out no info, gets up, departs.

Paul is knocking on Will's room door, no answer, he uses his key and enters, calling Will's name. Room is empty.

At the Kmansion, Will & Sonny go on and on about Leo. Sonny stops Will from calling the cops, despite it being an accident. He figures that big scandal will ensue, Leo suing him, now dead, day before trial. Will is insisting he will testify, Sonny was saving his life, etc. etc. Nope, Sonny has to protect family and Titan, wants Will to leave. Will refuses, they are in this together. O.K. They have to get rid of body, says Sonny, cannot be found here.

They hear Henderson, Sonny goes out in foyer, makes sure Henderson won't come in. Says they have to roll up body in rug, get it out. (and definitely rolling eyes here). They move furniture aside, in the course of this, Will tells of remembering the first time Sonny said he loved him. This makes Sonny very happy....they continue on, rolling the body in this huge rug, that no one is going to notice is now gone, and get ready to carry it out to the car. Sonny opens the door, good, no one in foyer. He will open the outside door, and they can proceed. He does......and there is Paul, ready to knock.

Aug. 22 is a Wednesday. Wonder if that is just the start, and it takes a few days....as I have read some speculation about something that MIGHT happen then.

As to today, forgot to mention Abby took her fork and toothbrush to Kayla for the DNA testing. Maybe it is just me, but I did feel that once again, this was 10 min. of story, stretched out for 37 minutes.

I really hope they don't do the DNA swapping storyline AGAIN. Seriously, at this point they need armed guards around the DNA lab in Salem. Samples are switched more than square dance partners!

By the way, Poirot, your summaries were a God-send these past two weeks when I fell behind on episodes. Thank you so much for doing these!

This is a sweeps period?? I was not aware. And I am not impressed.

Thank you for taking the time to write this up. I'm sure the scandal and such about dead Leo the day it happened when an accident can be proved will be much MORE than the scandal of dead Leo weeks later when the body is found tightly wrapped up in a Kirakis expensive Persian rug. :sarcasm:

I haven't seen the show yet but I'd rather spend more time on wedding planning than the rapist conversing with his victim. Or Kate on screen at all.

And Tobyj, I fear the writers guild will be after you for spoiling their deep secret plans. :)

Oh Lord watching now. Sonny has lost the ability to think under pressure. Not sure he ever had it.

This is a painful to watch as it was to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for taking the time to write this up. I'm sure the scandal and such about dead Leo the day it happened when an accident can be proved will be much MORE than the scandal of dead Leo weeks later when the body is found tightly wrapped up in a Kirakis expensive Persian rug. :sarcasm:
Agree. If Jay Leno was still doing his dumb criminals routine on the Tonight Show, Big Boy Sonny and poor Will would certainly be featured. They are covering up a non-crime for dubious reasons and they are wrapping a body in a K-mansion rug whose fibers on Leo's body could be traced. What they need is expert advice on body-snatching. Unfortunately, the two local experts, Rafe and Hope, are the cops, and Max Brady is in London. Elsewhere other Salemites weren't doing much batter.

Leo: He's joined those other luckless accident victims: Ford Decker (sorority house stairs), Willow Stark (Salem Beach rock), and Faye Walker (DiMansion stairs).

Sonny: Clear thinking just isn't his thing lately. Kate easily explained away the shooting of her arch-enemy Vivian. What makes him think he couldn't do the same thing about Leo especially since he has a witness. He's also forgetting that the mighty Victor can make criminal charges go away with the wave of his hand (ask Chelsea).

Creepy O. McCrud: He should stop giving Gabi a hard time. What would GabiChic be without Gabi? ClaireChic or VivianChic just wouldn't cut it with hip customers.

Thanks, Poirot.

I laughed when Marlena knocked on Kayla's office door and said "Got to close that door"
Then the whole time Kayla and Marlena talked about Steve's eye and Stefan the door
was open. Next comes Abigail with the plastic bags. I hope someone closes the door
before their conversation.

It's going to be interesting that John and Marlena marry on their first wedding date in 1986.
I think at that time they thought he was Roman.

Could anyone tell what Abigail pulled out of her purse? It looked like a sling shot to me.
Not a good toy for someone Thomas' age.

So, Paul comes to the Kiriakis mansion just when Sonny and Will want to move Leo's
body. Will they tell Paul what happened? And how will they explain what happened
to the rug that Leo's body is wrapped in?

If Sonny and Will felt they had to make Leo's body go away, why didn't they just call Victor. I'm sure he could have arranged to have it disappear without all the fuss.

Little Sweetness, "Samples are switched more than square dance partners" made me laugh. I grew up in a square dancing family.

I don't think I can stay awake to watch this tonight. Thanks for the summary, Poirot.

It's going to be interesting that John and Marlena marry on their first wedding date in 1986.
I think at that time they thought he was Roman.
They definitely thought he was Roman then. He didn't find out he wasn't Roman until 1991.

d968e5976a57faf3d84e6b8553a4fa26.jpg

I understand Sonny’s line of thinking, but this cannot turn out well. He should have called the police and went with the honest route. He has Will as his witness. Maybe Paul will be the voice of reason and make Sonny and Will put the rug and Leo back where he was, and then call the police to report an accident. I can imagine Maggie and Victor coming into the living room tomorrow morning and Maggie saying “What happened to our rug?” And Sonny, acting innocent, “Oh, wow, I didn’t even notice it was gone! We’ve been robbed!”

The whole DNA thing with Abigail and trying to find out the father of her baby is pure stupidity (and poor writing). First, why not tell Chad she is pregnant and find out together who the father is? Did she not learn anything from psychotherapy? (Don’t get me started on that. She goes away for 2 weeks for intensive therapy and has integrated all her personalities. Something that takes years in most cases if you study DID.)

Second, paternity and DNA switches have been so overdone on this soap, it is just no longer interesting. Third, why is she letting Gabi help her? I have a feeling Gabi may be the one to tinker with the results. Or maybe she did something to the toothbrush to mislead or influence the DNA results. Gabi is not doing this to be a good friend toward Abigail. She has an anterior motive and a dark plan. That is the only thing I’m interested in seeing about this story.

Somebody please write John and Marlena a good story. They have a proven record of great acting when given good story, especially in the 80’s and 90’s. They are always just supportive characters (to Will, to Paul, to Kayla, to Steve). I do enjoy those scenes. They are better than nothing I suppose. But please, someone give them some juicy story and make it a lead/major story.

Back