Days of Our Lives - Tues. June 1, 2010

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Episode #11,346 Taped 4/6/10 Director – Phil Sogard

Ah, Vivian & Victor’s wedding night, but never the twain shall meet. LOL. Victor sits with Maggie, knowing her tears are not from allergies. She admits she is missing Mickey a lot, but admonishes him for being there instead of with his bride. He assures her he is exactly where he wants to be, that she has to be aware the marriage is not one made in heaven. She talks of this being the second wedding she has been to since Mickey died, that life go marching on, and she is afraid of losing Mickey, the sound of his voice, the touch of his hand. That she won’t remember those little things, and she sees how much Ciara has grown, will she remember her Uncle Mickey, all the wonderful things he did. Victor says he understands, he felt the same when Isabella died, so young, so much ahead of her. Maggie mentions how he started the Toscano Foundation afterwards, and then Bella magazine in her honor, and Victor gets the idea of establishing a law scholarship in Mickey’s name, Maggie is very touched and greatful for the idea. Now he gets a call from Vivian, wanting to know where he is, & upon learning it is at Maggie Horton’s house, demands he come home immediately. Victor tells her in no uncertain certain terms to stuff it.LOL. Later, Maggie is once again urging him to return home, but Victor thinks another round of coffee is in order, he hasn’t had so much fun in ages. LOLOL

Bo is in Hope’s bedroom, they are opening the “treasure box” Ciara described, that was found under the bed, finding it completely empty. Bo is puzzled, Hope notes this is what she is talking about…..with Ciara making things up. And over to Ciara, in the park, sitting on Benchie, opening her backpack and taking out the “treasures”. She returns them, zips up the backpack, saying “now they are Mysecrets”. Back to Bo, who is understanding what Hope has been dealing with. His hand is on her shoulder as he talks of the stress she has been under, how he wants to help….. she tells him not to do that. He is astonished, pulls his hand back, not understanding. She tells him he is with someone else now, she just cannot take him acting that way with her. He seems to understand, talks of taking Ciara to spend the night at his house instead of her sleepover at McKenzies’. In comes Ciara, all ready, everything she needs is in her backpack. Hope gives her a hug, and off she goes with Daddy.

Sami answers the door at DiMansion, to find a frantic Gabi. She needs to know where Rafe is, Arianna is in trouble, only he can help. Sami tells her Rafe is undercover somewhere, that she talked to him a few days ago. Gabi says she left messages, he has not returned her calls, then asks Sami if she would talk to her dad, she knows Arianna is not guilty. Sami is rather reluctant, Gabi gets ticked and leaves.

Arianna sits with EJ, as Brady comes in. Awkward moment. When Brady learns EJ is her lawyer, he gets upset that she did not accept his help, but takes EJ’s. Arianna replies that EJ believed her innocent. Brady claims he does, too, but she saw the doubt on his face. He explains again it was shock and disbelief that the DNA matched, but Arianna won’t accept his explanation. EJ has left them alone, and now returns, saying he arranged for her arraignment hearing to be in 2 hrs. She needs a change of clothes, Brady says he will get them for her. He leaves, EJ talks to her of taking a different approach that could get her off completely. He shows her all the dates and times of the various muggings, asking if she can remember anything. She doubts it, looks, then a light comes on, as she remembers taking the check that Brady wrote to Nicole the day & time that Justin was mugged. She was with Nicole. Brady wonders why Nicole has not come forth with this before, but Arianna says since she just realized it herself, maybe Nicole hasn’t put it all together yet. EJ leaves, promising to be back in time for the hearing.

Vivian has been sitting with Chloe, trying in a nice but sneaky way to get her to agree to go after Carly, but Chloe wisely decides to leave. This is when Viv calls Victor. Meanwhile, Daniel has run into Ms. Buttinski (Carly) at the hospital, joyfully telling her how he just talked to Father Matt, and he can marry him and Chloe tomorrow. Of course, Carly has to tell him something about Chloe first, it is important. Daniel doesn’t really want to hear, Carly is very insistant. Daniel is even more so, telling her how he was so numb after Rebecca died, empty inside, didn’t care about anyone, how Chloe has changed all that. He loves her, he LOVES her, she has filled the void, he is happy, and nothing is going to change that. He gets paged and takes off. Of course, Carly heads straight over to Chloe’s, spilling the news of tomorrow’s wedding, and urging her to tell Daniel, and if she won’t, threatens to do so herself. Chloe tells her to go to hell, and get out. But then, is worried.
Daniel comes home, all happy, with some flowers for Chloe, bursting with his good news. But Chloe has good news of her own. She has found this wonderful place close by in Brookville, will do a wedding, cake, champagne, the entire works, and they can be husband and wife tonight. Sounds wonderful sez Daniel, but he wants Melanie & Philip there, and Chloe & Father Matt have gone thru a lot together. Chloe smiles and agrees that tomorrow is it, he takes off to tell Melanie.

Nicole is refusing to give Dr. Baker any money, he thinks she owes him. They go back and forth a bit, he claims to have placed the doctored evidence to frame Arianna as Nicole requested, should be worth a few bucks. They argue about his partner, Nicole warning him no more muggings, Baker saying his partner has a mind of her own. Nicole wants to know what happened to all the wallets, Baker tells her his partner has them. Nik hopes they never surface, Baker takes off just as Chloe comes along, long face and all. She admits to Nicole she has done something, afraid of losing Daniel if he finds out, and he probably will. Nicole suggests that she hurry up and get hitched, as that might help. Chloe is gone, and along comes Brady, on his way to get Arianna a change of clothes. Nicole stops him, pretending to be all caring, assuring him she knows how much he & Arianna care about each other, playing him like a Stradivarius.As he leaves, she says she will be at the Cheatin’ Heart later. When he is gone, she mutters how she hopes Arianna continues this path for just a while longer.

Hope shuts the door on Bo & Ciara, pops her pill, and later, in bed, wakes up, leaves her bed and next we see her all dressed up as nighttime Hope, calling Baker, telling him she is ready for another foray, and knows exactly where to find her mark.

Sami has come into the cop shop to see Arianna, telling her about Gabi coming to see her, and that Rafe is undercover, and no one seems to be able to reach him. Arianna is not worried, she has someone to help…..guesses that he did not tell her, but it is EJ.

Bo brings Ciara home, who is not happy to see Carly, tho she is polite enough to say Hi, Carly. Bo leaves the room, Ciara sits on the sofa with her backpack, opens it so only she can see into it, touching the wallets. Carly sits down offering to read her a story from one of her books, then asking what she has in there. Ciara pulls the backpack toward her chest, arms around it, saying no, these are my secrets.

Nicole sits in the Cheatin’ Heart, ever present martini glass in front of her, starting to call Brady on her cell. A hand taps her on the shoulder, she smiles as she says she is so happy to see……and turning her head, she hesitates with the last word…”you”, as she faces EJ. She recovers quickly, telling him to move his big head out of her way, she can’t see the TV. LOL
And the man says…”I know what you did to Arianna, what I don’t know is why”.

Barb

Thanks Poirot. I will be watching later. Just love that Nicole is the alibi to get Arianna off. Oh boy it is getting closer that Bo will find out about Hope. So looking forward to getting to the end of it.

Thanks, though it'd be nice to read a recap that doesn't slight Carly ("Ms. Buttinski") for once. Perhaps all the characters should get a nickname for their annoying actions.

Sorry weathergirl, but when you see the episode, the title is very appropriate....AND, I am pretty sure it is the very first time I have ever used the phrase. Actually, the phrase was very mild, in comparison to what I was thinking as I watched.

Almost forgot.......best line today came from Victor in response to Maggie reminding him it is his wedding night and he should be spending it with Vivian......"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn". LOLOLOLOL

Also, Bo leaves Ciara with Carly, cuz he figures he had better call his mom and tell her about Victor's marriage. He'd been putting it off, but figures he'd better get it over with.

Poirot---I appreciate the time you take to view the "Days Ahead" and write the recap.

Don't want to start any "war" but sassy---I think your comment about "buttinski" was out of line. I see that you are a newbie of a few months. Maybe you don't realize what lengths Poirot goes through to keep this board fair, friendly, and safe for everyone to use. She constantly fights the weather all winter to bring us the day ahead. Guess I feel like part of a family here and just wanted to let you know that of anyone on this site--Poirot is the most neutral when reporting the recap. Of course everyone is entitled to personal opinions---but she stays as impartial as she can doing those recaps.

Please--starting an argument isn't my intent; the comment just seemed unfair.

Lin

Thanks Barb! I LOVED reading about this episode and can't wait to see it

It will be GREAT when EJ brings Nicole down. I don't like EJ but in this case I dislike Nicole just as much and as long as someone brings her down I don't care who personally.

As for Carly sticking her nose in Chloe and Daniel's business, I think as a good friend of Daniel's he has a right to know about Chloe's little tryst with Philip and I don't think she's being a buttinsky as I would call it. Daniel has a right to know but you better believe the writers didn't write it that way and Chloe will marry Daniel; discover she is pregnant and then not know WHO the father of the baby is. Days fashion. Here we go again! How many times do they need to do this sorry plot if this is where this one is headed.

I hate Vivian and I LOVE Maggie and Victor together. I am hoping he divorces Vivian and starts dating Maggie to be honest.

Yes let's get the mugging over with. Let Hope mug yet another guy while Arianna is in jail or at the bail hearing - anything where she has a rock solid alibi and let Bo discover Hope's little secret in Ciara's backpack. Have him look in there for something else and find it. What ever it takes to get this sorry plot over with. Enough already!

Maybe sassy thought the summary was cut and pasted from another site and was not aware that there is a real person who takes a ton of time and effort to do the report.

So the wedding gets moved up to "tomorrow!"

Question: Are Nicole and EJ divorced? She still calls herself Nicole Dimera, or perhaps she does that for the ratings.

I'm so looking forward to the Victor and Maggie scenes!

Thanks for the summary, Poirot.

Daniel has a right to know but you better believe the writers didn't write it that way and Chloe will marry Daniel; discover she is pregnant and then not know WHO the father of the baby is. !

I thought Chloe couldn't get pregnant--remember the hysterical pregnancy? Or did I miss something. Of course Nicole couldn't either. I just don't want another pregnancy ending in a miscarriage!

@ kpatch. I think they got divorced while Niclole was in prision. She said she thought about going back to her maiden name, but the Dimera name held more power to it.

Question: Are Nicole and EJ divorced? She still calls herself Nicole Dimera, or perhaps she does that for the ratings.

@Kpatch, Nicole and EJ are divorced. She said something after getting out of prison about deciding to keep/use the name Dimera because of the weight that it carries. Plus she's milking her Dimera history/ baby snatching for all it is worth.

Thanks for the summary, Poirot! Sounds like a good episode.

Thank you, Barb. Sounds like a good show except for me having to listen to Carly still sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong AGAIN. In my book, you were waaaaaaay too kind in just calling her a buttinsky.

Thanks for the preview, Barb. Looking forward to Maggie and Victor. I've been wondering right along if Ciara took those billfolds. I wonder what the nighttime Hope is going to think about them being missing. I guess she will remember that the daytime Hope and Bo found the box empty, but will she know Ciara took the billfolds?

Thanks, though it'd be nice to read a recap that doesn't slight Carly ("Ms. Buttinski") for once.

:welcome: sassyweathergirl.

You're a new member and unless you have read scads of old threads and comments, you may not know that most Salemites have their "turn" at one time or another. A few months ago, Maggie was flitting around town blabbing and sticking her nose in where it didn't belong and she got the same Salem Spectator treatment that Carly is getting now...from many of us. People disagree about Carly's sticking her nose in other people's business and I am one who thinks she is very wrong.

Poirot (Barb) very unselfishly donates her time to watch every second of the show, each episode, in order to give us members/fans the Day Ahead summary. I am very appreciative of her doing that and don't care how she does it as long as she does it and have many of us have found that she does it very well.

:welcome: sassyweathergirl.

You're a new member and unless you have read scads of old threads and comments, you may not know that most Salemites have their "turn" at one time or another. A few months ago, Maggie was flitting around town blabbing and sticking her nose in where it didn't belong and she got the same Salem Spectator treatment that Carly is getting now...from many of us. People disagree about Carly's sticking her nose in other people's business and I am one who thinks she is very wrong.

Poirot (Barb) very unselfishly donates her time to watch every second of the show, each episode, in order to give us members/fans the Day Ahead summary. I am very appreciative of her doing that and don't care how she does it as long as she does it and have many of us have found that she does it very well.

Carly and Justin would be a perfect match. They both stick their noses into other peoples business when it's none of their business.
Maybe they should pair Carly and Justin up?

I wonder now if there will be tension between Arianna and Sami over EJ - a little jealousy perhaps?

Thanks for the recaps - I'm just getting caught up on the past few days.

And can we add Stephanie to the "buttinski" list??:D

LOL at Victor spending his wedding night with Maggie :D I didn't get to see it today . Thanks for the write up.

Back