Days of Our Lives - Tues., June 5, 2018

Although there ARE people who can testify that Leo was "into" Sonny......Ted made it clear that he would portray them as good friend/family who would willingly lie for Sonny. (And of course, a big corp. like Titan has no other employees who noticed anything since offices still remain in the Town Square or the Kiriakis living room. :sarcasm:

I hope Sonny and Justin find the information they need to expose Leo, Kate, and that shyster lawyer.

I think that this is where the bartender (not sure of his name) will come in and save Sonny. He was there for the initial contact on the dating app and Sonny has been filling him in periodically through the romance.

The bartender will save the day!

I think that would be too much. Just like Gabi still being in prison for a second crime she did not commit, in the most ridiculous circumstances, that would be stretching it way too much. Or a stupid way for the writers to add frustration to an already very frustrating storyline. So I agree with DDDrama, the bartender will save the day. Or at least, he really should.

Makes me wonder what's going to happen since they've invoked Philip's name. Is he going to be coming back to the canvas?

I also think that the bartender is going to save the day. I did rather like this twist on the harassment case, that it's male vs male instead of male vs female. I so agree about it being tiring since it's all over the place, and the headlines haven't quiet died down yet. But it was a jarring juxtaposition to the Ciara reveal storyline. Somehow I would not have put these two storylines in the same episode.

I'm hating the Leo/Sonny storyline. It's horrible, and Sonny was right when he said that lying doesn't help the movement. But, in reality (which has nothing to do with Salem), most companies have employee liability insurance, and situations like these get handed off to the insurance company to settle, or go to court.

A huge company like Titan would have insurance, which makes this entire storyline ridiculous. I couldn't watch the scenes today, and I plan on using the FF key whenever Leo is on the screen in the future. Sorry, but the writers have truly missed the mark here, and in lieu of the real issues going on today, I find this story to be insulting to every real person that has been harassed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will only point out that this was all filmed 6 mos. ago, and written around a year ago. I moan a lot about the weather in Salem not matching the season it is supposed to be. (plus wardrobe never matches). But who knows if there is going to be a nasty winter, or terribly hot summer in the midwest, when writing a year in advance. Could also be a mild winter, or fairly cool/even temp summer.

Our real life news is current......Days never is anymore.

Totally agree Poirot, and another reason why we all hate the 6 months in advance filming. It's just really, really hard to watch this and I think they made a poor decision to have Leo falsely accusing Sonny. There could have been time to change or tweak scripts, but they made the decision to go all in anyway. It's just my opinion, but I hate this storyline even more than the Garden of Eden nonsense.

I agree Poirot. I forgot to mention in my post that I suspected that when they wrote this they probably figured (short-sightedly) that the headlines would be gone by the time this aired, just like most things tend to die down. I mean, who remembers headlines from 6 months ago, unless it's something historically significant (like 9/11)

Back