Days of Our Lives - Tues., Mar. 13, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Steve and Kayla are finishing their meal, when along come Justin & Adrienne, who Steve jokingly calls Bonnie, as he says he did not know she was out. LOL. They hug, she chides him on not letting her know sooner about his problem, especially when he says she is a sight for sore eyes. So, where has Adrienne been? Seems she was with son Alexander, who was pretty upset evidently, over the death of his bio mother. Steve wants them to join him & Kayla...then Kayla asks Justin to go help her pick out desserts. This gives Steve & Adrienne some time to chat, be siblings who care for each other. Adrienne lets him know that she is there for him, that she wants to help, and wants him to let her. She talks of how it was for her when he was there as she went thru her breast cancer & surgery. She talks of losing a part of your body, he points to his patch, says “been there”. They hug, he agrees to let her help, she makes him promise not to call her Bonnie any more, they laugh. Kayla & Justin return, with baklava, they sit and talk of when Adrienne first had dinner at the Kmansion, all the weird Greek food. Steve drops his fork, in reaching for it, Kayla offers hers, he declines, mentions no depth perception, again pointing to his patch. This is all really nice family time and conversation. Justin tells of the failed wedding of Brady & Eve, and then about Gabi's bail being revoked. Steve vows to help with that. Justin & Adrienne leave, Steve and Kayla are leaving, too. He tells her that hearing about Gabi, and what she is going thru makes him all the more convinced they will get thru his problem, together. Kiss.

Claire leaves the loft to go take some head shots for the Bella Mag contest, as Ciara comes in. Claire meets up with Eric, who is taking the pics, and as he is setting up, and throughout the shoot, they talk of Claire telling Hope about Rafe cheating, at the wedding, in front of all the family and friends. Claire tries making excuses, leaving out how she learned, or how long she knew of it, before she rushed to spill the beans. She wonders if Aunt Sami is mad at her. LOL. Eric tells her that he doubts she should worry about Aunt Sami, thinks Claire could more than hold her own with her.

Jen is about to leave the Pub (where she had been with Eric, prior to his leaving to meet Claire, and saw Maggie who was looking for Julie, gives Jen something to give to Julie, is moving back home) when in walks the very upset Eve. Jen can see it, and is kind and understanding as she gets Eve to sit down with her, tell what happened. Eve feels like a fool, falling for all Brady said, tells of the proposals, etc. Jen wonders if perhaps Brady may have, at the end, been telling the truth. Eve ponders this, but decides against it. Brady wanted her company, that was all, tells “Pollyanna” Jen not to try and convince her otherwise. Eve is drinking, wants them to keep coming. Jen figures she has no more to say, wishes Eve well, leaves.

Brady fixes himself a drink, is about to imbibe as Maggie walks in, WHAT are you doing? Brady is in no mood, but Maggie takes the glass away, begins to chide him, as Victor walks in. Brady is saying how he really did fall in love with Eve, stops Victor from calling Eve a name, saying if he does, Brady doesn't care how old victor is, he will punch him out. Maggie tells Victor to be quiet, let Brady talk, and Brady goes on about how good he was in business, how well he ran the company, how upset he was when Vic took the title away. He wanted to prove himself, so agreed to Victor's plan, but he knows now that Victor always wants to be in control, will put business before even his family. Vic says you don't let one interfere with the other. Maggie still wants Vic to shut up. She realizes that Brady truly seems to care for Eve, tells him if Victor got her to come back, there is always hope, always a way.

Tripp comes home, saying a good day at work, knocked over a customer's coffee, who then left him a nickel tip. Ciara is sympathetic, then tells that Claire is having her headshots done, and starts taking a few selfies. Tripp comments she has always been anti-selfie, what gives, Ciara needs a new pic for social media, hers is 2 yrs. Old. She tries a few, is unhappy, asks Tripp to take some, he does, she poses, doesn't like the results, her chin is causing problems. He takes a few more, hey, this one is great. They are close together as she looks, and they kiss. She asks why he did that, thought he was hung up on Claire. Nope. Same as you not being hung up on Theo any more. Ciara comments Claire will have a fit, learning he kissed her. Tripp thinks not, Claire loves Theo, why should she care at all. He is tired, long day, goes to bed, see you in a.m. He returns her phone, heads upstairs.

Claire returns, tells Ciara she thinks they need to talk. Ciara turns around, “before we do, you should not you may not have that Bella mag thing sewed up after all. I entered”.

Jen meets up with Eric, who is done with the session with Claire, got a late start as she had to fix her makeup. Jen mentions running into Eve and listening to her problems. Eric thinks perhaps he got thru to Claire. Jen feels sorry for Eve, who is so alone now.

Brady sits alone, stares at the bouquet of flowers, remembering Eve starting her vows, saying she would not ever marry him.

Eve sits in the Pub, doing the same thing, remembering Brady saying his vows of loving and cherishing her. Her eyes tear up.

Have to mention that Kayla said she was upset at herself for how she treated John Black. Steve tells her that John is saying even worse to himself.

Eric does question Claire about the timing of her "telling Hope"......Which is when Claire avoided saying she knew for a couple of days. She gets mad at him, he sounds like Gramma Marlena. LOL

Really did like the Johnson family scenes.....well done. Adrienne has a new haircut, looks great!

This is not in the summary, as I did not catch all of it......but Kayla asked Justin (when they were getting the desert) something about Joey. She mentioned only able to wear an orange jump suit, and then began asking about a "short furlough" or "compassionate reduction of sentence or parole". Those who see the show may be able to fill it in better.

She told Justin that it breaks her heart to think if Steve loses his eyesight completely, his last look at Joey would be in prison. She asked Justin if he could somehow arrange a the short furlough or the reduction of sentence. Justin was skeptical, but said he'd see what he can do.

Thanks, Poirot.

Great seeing Adrienne back in Salem and with Steve.

I laughed when Claire told Eric he was like Grandma Marlena.
She is his mom.

I had no idea Claire was so dumb. She doesn't understand why it
was wrong what she did at the wedding.

I'm not surprised Ciara is going to enter the Bella Magazine contest.
I hope both of them lose.

Is it wrong to feel sorry for Eve?

I liked the episode quite a bit. Nothing particularly exciting happened but I did like the different character interaction: Eric and Claire, and I even liked Jennifer and Eve almost having a kind of bonding moment.

Three's Company 2.0: Ohhhh, Chrissy (Claire) is going to blow a gasket when she finds out Jack (Tripp) and Janet (Ciara) kissed.

Seriously, I'm finding that I rather like Tripp and Ciara together. He seems to smooth over some of her rough edges a bit. I just wish they would either bring back a miraculously fully recovered Theo or bring in a new guy altogether for Claire. Because I don't think I'm alone in saying I most definitely am not looking forward to the inevitable triangle that lies ahead.

Steve/Kayla/Justin/Adrienne: I really enjoyed spending some time at the grown-up table this episode. I'm always up for some sibling boding when it's done well and long overdue. I'm glad that they gave an explanation for Adrienne's absence.

I also appreciated how Steve intuitively knowing Gabi is being set up. I've always felt Gabi's special relationship with the Johnson family has long been one of the neglected treasures of the show. :sarcasm:

Seriously that whole thing had me going "huh?" I mean I'm all for Black Patch helping out in Gabi's defense, and I get Steve wanting to do something to take some of his mind off his condition, but it was just out of nowhere in my opinion. I like it, but boy, it was random.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's episode featured a few familiar themes.:

Salem's magic climate: It's mid-March in the upper Middle West, but the flowers are blooming, photographer Eric was in his shirt sleeves, and cover girl wannabe Claire wore a flimsy dress. How could conditions there be so good when according to the Weather.gov website, the high this afternoon in Chicago was 28 degrees with some snow showers?

Brady's disastrous love life: He pulled out all the stops today -- whining, pleading, and even tried a desperation smooch -- but Eve walked out anyway. This makes his unlikely fling with Eve the latest in his long list of romantic failures. In fact, if a novelist submitted a book entitled The Many Disastrous Loves of Brady Black to a publisher, it would be rejected outright as being too far-fetched to be believable.

Grouchy Victor: Brady was in a bad place, and Maggie gave him some spoonfuls of Salem wisdom, but Victor was his same old grouchy self. He may have caved to Maggie's demand to end the Eve plot, but he's still indulging in is favorite pastime -- name calling -- and engaging in resolute self-justification.

Seems she was with son Alexander, who was pretty upset evidently, over the death of his bio mother.
Boy I would have liked to have seen this. Meanwhile what a waste of Anjelica, but let's not remember that story. These scenes played like Ron was dumping on his own writing. LOL
Eve is drinking, wants them to keep coming.
Were they seated next to Sonny? Is this a diffeent day? And how close is the restaurant that Steve & the gang were eating at from the Pub? Grrr sometimes with this show.
Ciara needs a new pic for social media, hers is 2 yrs. Old.
Doesn't even look like her anymore!
download.jpg

I had no idea Claire was so dumb. She doesn't understand why it
was wrong what she did at the wedding.
I missed the last half of the show due to breaking news. (In my day, news broke at 5, 6, and 10 and we LIKED IT.) But I'm not getting the vibe that everyone else is that Claire did this to jump-start her career and/or be the centre of attention.

Now I know why Justin/Adrienne are reunited. It made no sense to reunite them and shuffle them off-screen. They need to be anchors with Steve/Kayla and John/Marlena.

ENOUGH WITH CIARA. Even if I thought what Claire did was self-serving (which I don't) and wrong (which I do, only because it stalls the inevitable reunion of the Platinum Couple, Rafe/Hope), her entering the contest is petty and childish and definitely directed at her niece.

If we insist on this tween story, can we please have Claire actually not care when she learns about Tripp and Ciara's kiss?

I do feel for Eve, but I want her moved into a different circle. Take Bella/Basic Black global and get someone else involved in this story. Sonny/Eve versus Brady and Victor ...wait, I'm bored by it already.

Last edited:
Eve could run her business alone... and for some reason I would like to see how she would be with Rafe.....while I'd want to see how Hope would work out with Stefan. Not that I think they could be terrific together (these "couples"), but just to see if something could POP perhaps. ???

the high this afternoon in Chicago was 28 degrees with some snow showers?

Can confirm this because I was in Chicago on Tuesday and apparently the snow showers were unexpected. Plus the wind chill there always makes it seem colder than it is.

Now I know why Justin/Adrienne are reunited. It made no sense to reunite them and shuffle them off-screen. They need to be anchors with Steve/Kayla and John/Marlena.

Agreed. I wish Adrienne had brought Alex back to Salem with her too.

Really enjoyed the Johnson family scenes. I wonder if that Joey comment was foreshadowing? But at the same time, where is Stephanie? Why not bring her back for Brady?

Eve and Brady just don't work. They have no chemistry and they're just not enjoyable. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd rather watch Rafe and Hope.

Claire asking "Eric" about his twin sister "Aunt Sami". Ok then.

Back