Days of Our Lives - Tues., Mar. 6, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Eli tells Gabi that when he saw how upset Hope got to learn Rafe cheated, in front of all those people, he realized he had to tell Gabi now and tell her himself. Gabi is upset, they go back and forth about it. When she learns it was the night she stayed with JJ to prevent him committing suicide, she is even more upset. Eli talks of her giving him the gun, etc. how ashamed he was of himself. Then Gabi asks who it was with, and when he says Lani, it really sets her off. The same woman JJ slept with, which split them up. And now Eli has done the same. He pleads his case, assures her he loves her, it will never happen again, that these past few months she & Ari have been his whole life, he doesn't know what he would do without her, and more. Gabi decides that o.k., she knows he loves her, and she will stick it out, but, only if he promises no more secrets, there is nothing more to tell, that is everything. Eli says he has told her all there is for her to know. She leaves, won't stay the night, needs some time to herself.

Eric & Jen run into Steve & Kayla in the square, who are on the way to the wedding. They tell Jen & Eric the Chicago doctors confirmed what the doctors here said, about damage to his cornea, but he only wants to dance now with his beautiful wife at the wedding. Jen breaks the news, tells them what happened. Steve is sort of shocked that Rafe slept with Sami, Jen is on her way to try and find Hope, since she is not answering her phone, texts, etc.

JJ & Lani sit in the square, talking of what happened. She gets a cramp, it goes away, she is fine, JJ asks what she & Valerie were arguing about, and Lani gets another pain, doubles over, JJ goes to call 911, bring her water, she has to stay hydrated, his usual over hovering. Kayla & Steve come along, Kayla sits next to Lani, telling her to just watch her breathing, stay calm, as they wait for the ambulance. (Sorry, got interrupted here for a few minutes.)

Everyone is at the hospital, Lani in bed, Steve talking with JJ in waiting area, Kayla coming in, telling Lani she & baby are good, all is o.k. JJ stays with Lani, she tells him how this all had her realizing she is carrying a life inside her, it is all real. They talk of baby names, (most starting with the name Jack) he teases a bit, then tells her to get some rest, he is staying right there.

Brady is at the Pub with Eve, but went to call grandad, to brag about his plan, saying the jet is all fueled and ready. He goes back to the table, Eve is a bit concerned he is drinking, he is an alcoholic, he claims he has been doing so on occasion since she first came back. She goes to ladies' room, Eric comes in, spots him with the drink, asks what he is doing, he knows better than to be drinking. Eve returns, tells Eric not to worry, she is there, and won't let Brady get behind the wheel of a car and kill someone. Eric leaves as Brady orders a couple more. He evidently is trying to get Eve a bit snockered, she is already one drink ahead of him, and now the 2nd one. He talks about doing some wild, getting on a plane and goin' somewhere. She grins, what do you have in mind? He grins.....hey, how about Vegas, baby?

Steve & Kayla are together, talking “what if” hardships if he loses his sight. Can't investigate if he can't see, she says he then uses his brain instead of his eyes. He talks of being unable to drive, being a burden, she lovingly assures him that she told him before, he never was, and never will be a burden to her. Hugs.

Jen has found Hope at her office, they have a long talk, going over what happened, Jen trying to convince Hope that despite the events, Rafe does love her so very much. Meanwhile, Rafe has gone to the loft, looking for Hope, who is not answering his calls, and thus talks with Ciara. Scenes shift back and forth. Ciara asks him to stay, Claire is not there, and she blames herself for what happened. She knew Claire was obsessed with learning the secret, and should have been more careful. She explains that New Years she came home, was drunk, wanted to talk, Tripp was there, she told him, he promised not to tell. But Claire was so obsessed with wanting to know what Ciara & Tripp were not telling her, she recorded them talking, Ciara saying she did not want her mom to learn Rafe slept with Sami. Rafe refuses to let her take any blame, she did not do anything, Ciara is convinced they can work thru this, get married, and now, Rafe says she should know, they already are married.

And in her office, Hope and Jen are having almost the same conversation, Jen getting Hope to agree Rafe did not really cheat, they were broken up, she had returned the ring, and then with Hope telling Jen that they married last night, wanted to have something more intimate, just the two of them. Jen offers to go home with Hope, who declines, she wants to be alone, to think. Jen leaves, telling Hope to call her if she wants, she will come right away.

Jen leaves, meets up with Eric, tells him she is trying to remain positive, but it does not look good.

After Gabi leaves his place, Eli calls Lani, leaving a message, telling her that he told Gabi about them, The scene shifts to Lani's hospital room, she is asleep, JJ sitting along side her, his head on her shoulder, as Eli's voice continues with the message, ….I did not tell her that I was the father of your baby, I would not do that to you and JJ.

Rafe is ringing the doorbell, outside a house, while Hope sits in her office, looking at her engagement ring, as Rafe looks at the wedding ring. There is a flashback of them encircling themselves with the laza, promising to honor and respect. Hope says those words aloud, then takes off the engagement ring, puts it in her desk drawer, sits back, hands of the desk, stares straight ahead.

Thank you for the episode review Poirot, the episode was good though I do wish Rafe and Hope weren't built up as this great love story.

I didn't appreciate Eve throwing what Eric did to Daniel right in front of him when it was Eve in her young days, who stole a car and hit Sarah Horton with it. I like her and Brady but the two of them deserve each other in a sick and twisted way.

edited to write out Rafe and Hope's names; combo names are not used on this board - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree that was nasty on her part, but Brady just wanted Eric gone, so as not to get in t he way of "the plan".

I don't see any current couple as a "great love story" except maybe Steve & Kayla, Doug & Julie. All the rest seem mismatched to me, but Hope seems to have a problem with any man she hooks up with, so Rafe is no exception. She blew their relationship up all out of proportion, and painted him in her mind with all the attributes of a saint, so, now the image is cracked somewhat, and she is unable to deal. Maybe Hope needs Dr. Marlena session along with her granddaughter.

Poor Gabi. To have two men cheat on you is bad enough but with the same woman? The baby is another secret that needs to come out.

I do not at all see Hope and Rafe as a great love either. While yes, technically they were broken up so he didn't "cheat", but he was in bed with another woman mere hours after they broke up, so that does say something about their relationship. To me it does anyway. I hope they are broken up.

This all just keeps reminding me how they totally destroyed Aiden. I really liked Hope and Aiden. I like the actor, Daniel Cosgrove. They had a slow build up and I just really liked them but nope, had to throw him under the bus so Bo could come back and die. And then they threw Chase under that very same bus!! Frustrating. So please end Hope and Rafe for me.

Thank you for the episode review Poirot, the episode was good though I do wish ROPE wasn't build up as this great love story.

Welcome to the Spectator, nbanks.

Just a little bit of information, though. We don't use combination names on this site. Don't be offended if a moderator changes that back to Rafe and Hope.

Thanks Poirot. I hope to watch the show late tonight. Personally I have never been a Rafe and Hope fan so feeling nonplussed about their break up.

Last edited by a moderator:
We should probably chip in to buy Eli some burn ointment for his tush.

liar-fire.jpg

He really didn't lie; he just didn't tell the whole truth.
Well, Gabi flat out asked if Lani's baby was his, and he said Lani told him she was already pregnant when they had sex on Christmas Eve. Yes, technically he didn't lie, but he also didn't correctly answer the direct question Gabi asked.

It was not a good day for philandering men in Salem. Rafe's apologies have flopped with the person who matters most -- Hope. Meanwhile, Eli just dug his grave a lot deeper. It's one thing to lie or conceal important facts, but to keep lying while claiming to be eliminating all secrets between him and Gabi makes things a whole lot worse. He and Lani really belong together: their lies are digging themselves into deeper and deeper holes.

Over at the Pub, Brady wasn't winning any prizes either: trying to get Eve drunk enough so that she'll fly off to Vegas and one of its wedding chapels. Doesn't he remember how angry he was when Jeannie Theresa pulled the same stunt on him. Of all the Salem men today, Mr. Romance himself, Steve Johnson, is in the best place. Sure, his eyesight is endangered, but recovery is assured and and he's in a solid relationship that's free of secrets, lies, and overall Salem nastiness.

Last edited:
Back