Days of Our Lives - Tues., Mar. 8, 2016

Did anyone else notice Jen acting much more over the top and dramatic than she normally is? In my opinion, in some scenes it did appear that she was pretty high off those pills. Just her mannerisms were a lot more outspoken than usual.

I hope we get Laura Horton soon to come help Jen with her addiction. Laura would be perfect for this storyline with Jen, seeing how Laura is a psychiatrist and was in a sanitarium. Plus Laura can meet her great grandson Thomas. I suppose you can throw Bill Horton in there somewhere to help Jen and see Thomas. (wishful thinking).

I am liking Deimos a little bit more. I can clearly see he doesn't know much of Petrov. Other than the serum, there was no business between them, I don't think he was lying to John. Deimos' beef is more about revenge on the Kiriakis family than being like Andre causing hell to everyone in Salem. Though I can see Andre seeking out Deimos to help him deal with Hope if he ever gets out of jail. Considering Deimos had Bo kidnapped for the serum, Andre and Deimos have to deal with Hope.

Ava's psycho room. I really hate what the writers did to Ava. When she last left Salem in late 2008 she was way over Steve and had moved on with RoboJohn after she had stopped taking Daddy Martino's drugs. Did she go back to taking the drugs, I wonder? Could explain her reverting back to her obsession with Steve and becoming aggressive again.

I did enjoy the scenes at the police station as well. I liked how Chad and JJ were basically arguing like two child brothers who got in trouble with their mother, lol why did you tell her sort of thing. Then we have Gabi barging in, bringing the "telenovela" to Days with her Spanish speaking. I liked it that did seem realistic. Some friends I know speak Spanish when they are overly emotional to relatives on the phone I overheard before. I am fluent in some Italian but my gosh I did not get anything from Gabi's fast talking other than the word telephone lol.

Then Steve and Kayla had some really great scenes today as well. I liked how Kayla started coming around, asking heartbreaking, difficult questions to Steve about everything that happened in Jakarta. You have to give it to Kayla, she is REALLY trying. It was nice they showcased Kayla's insecurities about herself not being as "exciting or edgy" as Ava, asking about the sex. That has to be hard for anyone.

Last edited:
The thing about Ava, though, was she was never really over Steve. Daddy's pills kept her docile enough to stay in that compound without giving him too much trouble. But, she was in love with him back when he had amnesia due to Stefano, and when in that compound, she did get Steve brought to her. So still was in love with him.
I think she was in Salem a while before getting hold of Joey and executing her plan to get Steve back. Thus, the secret rooms, etc. etc. The shrine. It does seem she was mentally unstable, a fact that perhaps had been hidden well because of the drugs her father had her taking. ???

I just still want to know how that thin rail of a woman was able to drag an unconscious Kayla down elevators, out into the public, into another bldg. etc. (yes, I know.....via the writers' pens...LOL)

I did enjoy the scenes at the police station as well. I liked how Chad and JJ were basically arguing like two child brothers who got in trouble with their mother, lol why did you tell her sort of thing. Then we have Gabi barging in, bringing the "telenovela" to Days with her Spanish speaking. I liked it that did seem realistic. Some friends I know speak Spanish when they are overly emotional to relatives on the phone I overheard before. I am fluent in some Italian but my gosh I did not get anything from Gabi's fast talking other than the word telephone lol.

I agree that Gabi speaking Spanish was realistic. Spanish is supposed to be Gabi and Rafe's native language I think so that's why she was comfortable speaking to him. I'm only saying this because they speak to their mom in Spanish, not because of the actors' personal backgrounds. When people are in emotional situations like this, they tend to revert to native tongue. My dad is a native Spanish speaker and does the same thing.

My grandmother used to switch to German halfway through a sentence and not even realise it. She'd get to the end and look at our blank faces and start again in English. I know some German, but not enough to follow when she got all ranty. :rotfl:

The Dimansion isn't much of a fortress when the doors are left unlocked, and unattended. :rolleyes:

It looks like Petrov may himself have memory issues.

Kayla, talking to Steve about Ava, "All I'm looking for is evidence." :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
A very romantic scene follows: The most dangerous/memorable thing he's ever done was to really kiss her. :rotfl:
It was really smart of the both of them to go down into the snake tunnels. :eek: I was expecting a door to be locked shut at any moment. Wonder if they will let the SPD in on the St. Steven shrine's existence?

Re foreign languages, I am not Italian, but am familiar with an Italian x-rated poem that I sometimes use for its humorous(?) effect. :drunk:

Last edited by a moderator:
An OK episode. I can't believe Marlena has been kidnapped yet again, but I think the storyline has great potential. I thought it was funny when Gabi came in ranting in Spanish. I also forgot Rafe doesn't speak it so well. I wonder if he will forgive Eduardo now that he knows more about his dad's past. Hopefully things will be smoothed over a bit.

The Ava thing needs to end now. So boring and over the top. I just want the Johnsons to be a happy family again.

I don't think Deimos is involved with Petrov that deeply. But it would be interesting if proven wrong.

When will anyone notice that Jennifer is always high? Does Jennifer even know herself? I just can't believe nobody has figured it out after all this time.

Back