Days of Our Lives - Tues., May 12, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Is this really the middle of Sweeps month? Lots of scenes today of Stefano, in Italy, staring out of, or looking at the window from which Kristen fell. Back in Salem, the 3 men who are preventing Marlena from going on her way, claim to be from the ISA, and want to just ask a few questions about what happened in Italy. In the next ridiculous scene they are on a plane, Marlena is locking her seat belt, and THEN asks why they are on a plane. The head guy says they just have a few questions, she wants to get an attorney. Not necessary, just a few questions.

Jen tells Abby Kristen is dead, Abby immediately thinks of what Chad must be going through, wants to go see him. Jen realizes he has lost 2 siblings now, but cautions Abby about the DiMeras. Abby assures her mom she can take care of herself, rushes off to see Chad. He did answer the call from his father, but tells him he knows exactly what happened to Kristen, Marlena was there, told him everything. When Abby arrives, Chad is not all that receptive, but Abby is persistent, mentions telling Sonny, who cannot leave Ari (who is sick) since Will is out of town, but he wanted to come. Chad begins talking of all the evil things EJ did, and how psychotic Kristen was, and now how his father will be focusing all his skills into turning Chad as well. Abby doesn't believe that, Chad is his own person....and bingo...they are kissing, kissing passionately, begin taking apart each other's clothes, but Abby stops, appalled at herself. This is wrong, all wrong. She rushes out.

Eve gives Cole a hard time, berating him for what he did, starts throwing him out of the apt., and there stands Paige.What is Cole doing there. Lame excuses flow. The notes she sent him did not download, She sends them to his phone again, Eve chases him out. Paige mentions the prank pulled on JJ, Cole was curious. After he is gone, Paige wonders why he came there, instead of her dorm. Eve has no idea. But Eve changes the subject, talks of getting things for Theresa's baby, and Paige's upcoming birthday.

At Daniel's apt. a filler scene of Maggie with Melanie, who is on phone with her mom, assuring her all is well, will talk later. Maggie convinces her to go see Brady at the hospital. Theresa is taking advantage of Brady comforting her, Daniel comes in, Brady called him. But Theresa doesn't want Daniel on the case. Maggie & Melanie arrive, Caroline already is there, has seen the baby via Brady. Theresa wants to talk to Daniel alone, makes it clear to him she doesn't want him anywhere near her and her baby. (Brady had called him in for the marrow transplant, which is to be tomorrow. ) She really gets on her high horse, and goes on about her & Brady hugging only was comforting, blah, blah. She runs off at the mouth as usual, this time it is Dan who tells her to shut up. He says her life is none of his business, but Melanie's is.
He goes out, Theresa takes great gramma Caroline in to see the baby, Daniel explains to Brady, Mel & Maggie why Theresa doesn't want him as surgeon tomorrow. Theresa comes out, once again talks gratitude for Melanie. A nurse comes to take her info for the procedure tomorrow, Brady takes Mel into Dan's office, Theresa listens outside the door.
He is telling Mel how much he loves her, and that though he will be with Theresa & the baby tonight, his heart will be with Melanie.

JJ has found the drugs, figures Eve is responsible. Rory comes to visit, JJ shows him the packet, is very upset, Rory figures it was Cole, who can score really easy. JJ plans on throwing it in the lake in the park, what a waste says Rory. Jen comes home, Rory leaves, JJ tells her how much he loves her, appreciates what she has done for him, and how she has kept the secret. Hugs. He leaves, and next, he is in the park, having just thrown the packet in the lake.
Here comes Paige, he tells of finding the drugs, disposing of them. She figures it was evidence, should not have done it. Nope, his prints were on the packet now, she immediately fingers Cole, telling how he was at the apartment, and even figures how Rory knew they were going to the movies, probably snuck in the house. She reminds him of the plant on the floor when they got there. JJ tells her to just stay out of it, after she talks of giving Cole a hard time about it.

Eve is in the park, calling Cole on the throwaway phone, reading him a riot act, telling him he really screwed up, to stay out of it all, warning him she has a log of all the phone calls, recordings, etc. Don't do anything more, and never ever call her again.
She hangs up, Jen walks up. Eve is all smiles and sunshine, talking of Theresa getting her baby, 2nd chances, and how she figures that is what she will do with JJ. Start fresh, give him a second chance. Jen says o.k. but the expression on her face shows she knows Eve is up to something.

Outside his home, JJ has arrived, tells himself that he knows that Eve got Cole to do the dirty work, and that he cannot confront her because the secret could come out, but she doesn't realize she gave me the perfect way to stop her.

So, I wonder which Deus Ex Machina's gonna save Marlena this time.

Also, what is it going to take for the Salem PD to put a flipping security camera or a security guard at the park????!

NOTE: Deus Ex Machina means "god from the machine".[2] The term has evolved to mean a plot devicewhereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object. Depending on how it is done, it can be intended to move the story forward when the writer has "painted himself into a corner" and sees no other way out, to surprise the audience, to bring the tale to a happy ending, or as a comedic device. - JS

Okay so I've donated bone marrow and you can't just simply show up and have the procedure done. And it shouldn't take a lot of research to discover how it works. But then you don't normally have your heart removed, carted around in a ice cooler, only to be put back in your chest and have no scars. So I guess I won't put too much stock into the medical wonders that happen in Salem. I believe I'll skip today's sweeps event.

But how exciting will it be for Paige to finally find out, and on her birthday, about the love of her life being the current love of her mother's life. What a fantastic birthday present it will be for the viewers.

I stayed awake just about long enough to see Rory :love:
It's always good to see fan-favorite Rory, who must have been appalled that a perfectly good bag of his favorite item got dumped in Salem Lake. But why Salem Lake? A standard way to get rid of incriminating drugs is to flush them (e.g., when Lorraine Bracco flushed Ray Liotta's drugs in Good Fellas). Could it be that the Horton house the only one in Salem without indoor plumbing, and with chamberpots under every bed and an outhouse in the back yard? Finally, if the ISA badge Stefano's operative flashed today was real, it's another event that shows why this bumbling organization should be disbanded. Sure the Salem P.D. is also infested with DiMera spies, but somebody has to write traffic tickets and break up rowdy Salem U. keg parties. In contrast, there already is a FBI and CIA, so the ISA is totally superfluous.

Snooze!! I think some sort of medal for watching this is in order, Poirot!! :hug:

I'm guessing Eve took all the years out of Salem off of the Scheming business, since she's so stupid as to rope Cole into her plans. And Cole...what a dork. He's the first one-note character I'm supposed to hate whom I actually hate, though, so...score that for the writers? LOL

...In contrast, there already is a FBI and CIA, so the ISA is totally superfluous.
Well, isn't it an international organisation? I always thought it was Days' answer to General Hospital's WSB. And how dumb was Marlena to go along with this so willingly?

I agree this show was rather bland. It's so obvious the writers were packing it in by now. There actually could have been some semi-exciting things going on this month but there is just too much that is either boring or just plain ridiculous (looking at you Marlena, for buying that story about ISA and getting on a plane?! What?!).

To be honest I'm glad that Theresa put her foot down re: Daniel handling the surgery. It's about time someone stood up and said you're not God so I want another surgeon. I'm sick of everyone singing his praises all the time. Sure Theresa had her motives but I was ok with it. I did like how excited Caroline was about the baby. Those were sweet scenes.

Chad and Abigail should just do it and get it over with. That's twice now they've kissed. Wonder how Ben would feel about that...although I don't much care as I like Chad/Abigail better than Ben/Abigail.

The rest of the show was blah.

This is a sweeps worthy episode?!?

Chad and Abby were the best thing about the episode. Their scenes just highlight how horrible her and Ben are together. I was actually rooting for her to cheat on Ben. Congrats writers you've made me support infidelity.

Second best thing was Rory. Who apparently was holding on to the Salem brain. More Rory. Less Eve socializing with teenagers.

Go Theresa! She had every right to tell Daniel she did not want him involved in her son's care. I saw it as a conflict of interest and I am glad she spoke up for herself or else she will just be bowled over by Brady and his (and Melanie's) supporters. Right or wrong, she is the boy's mother.

This is a sweeps worthy episode?!?

Chad and Abby were the best thing about the episode. Their scenes just highlight how horrible her and Ben are together. I was actually rooting for her to cheat on Ben. Congrats writers you've made me support infidelity.

Second best thing was Rory. Who apparently was holding on to the Salem brain. More Rory. Less Eve socializing with teenagers.

I've gotta agree with you here. I LOVE Chad & Abigail. Her "relationship" with Ben puts me to sleep. Thank goodness that we haven't had to see them in the sack for a few weeks now, that was just boring me to tears. The chemistry with her and Chad just really shows. Can't wait for Ben to find out and leave her---then Abby can stop feeling guilty and just reunite with Chad.

Thanks for the episode, Poirot, but I agree with you. Other than the above, and seeing Caroline and Rory on today, this was a snoozefest!! How on EARTH is this Sweeps? Just when one thinks on this show that Sweeps can't get any worse, they do! I mean, February Sweeps were forgettable at best! But this airing right now is largely garbage.

I kept wondering where John and Paul was today... probably with Ringo and George. Ha, Ha.
Maybe we'll see them tomorrow still in the waiting room. Waiting... waiting....

Wow, Daniel isn't going to do the surgery? How is he going to save the day?
Maybe he can save a cat from a tree :)

I wonder what Caroline is going to talk to Brady about. I hope she doesn't expect
him to marry Theresa.

Was the music Stefano listening to an opera? I know it from somewhere. And the
window is still broken.

Harold was lucky today.. the couch wasn't used and it won't need cleaning

I won't even comment on the snooze fest that was today : JJ, Paige, Eve, Jennifer, Theresa (who will not be redeemed, baby or not, in this viewer's eyes), Brady (who's too stupid for words), Melanie, Daniel (who's got to be involved in every darn storyline, like his baby daughter :beat: ) , poor Caroline, being wasted on this farce of a storyline.

I will comment, though, on the utter stupidity of Marlena. So she's cornered by three men, does not scream, yell, or anything, boards a plane, practically no questions asked, not wondering if Stefano is out for revenge, no nothing. :eek: Seriously, writers, seriously ? :eek: And you got paid to write this crap ? Wow, just... wow ! :beat:

Oh, I forgot : Abigail ! This girl is definitely her mother's dauther : she needs to be the center of attention and needs to be the object of more than one man's affection. She keeps going to see Chad, pretending to be a friend, but all she wants is... Well, let's just say we're far from Abigail the virgin ! :tsk:

I agree with the posters that stated Theresa should not let Daniel perform the surgery. This man cannot be impartial and he lets his feelings for her show. I would not let him operate on me or my baby son. Katmouse, I doubt if I would even trust him to rescue my cat from a tree :).

Edited to add: Where is Kayla in this story? Theresa could have a doctor she trusts perform the surgery, and have her aunt involved.

There was no point to Melanie and Maggie today. Like Daniel, they are just inserted into the story lines with no purpose.

I loved how excited Caroline was about the baby. I wonder if she will call Kim about the baby since Theresa told Eve she did not want to call her?

When Chad and Abigail were talking about how Stefano will focus his attention on him after EJ and Kristen turned out to be evil and then were killed unexpectedly, I wanted Abigail or him to remember that Lexie turned herself around. Lexie was not even mentioned at all. This would actually be a good time for Abe to talk to Chad.

The JJ/Eve/Paige/Cole story was just blah.

Daniel saved Theresa's life a while back, AND let people think HE was with her when she overdosed. Does Theresa remember that he had good cause back then to perhaps do harm and did not? I am not a fan of Daniel's, definitely. The writers have certainly done the character no favors.
He is an absolutely excellent surgeon, and it just is hard for me to comprehend anyone thinking he would not be doing his absolute best for a tiny baby.
I also wonder why it is felt that only Theresa's thoughts or ideas should be considered? Evidently, the father does not matter at all any more, ohhh, goody, Theresa got her baby back. Neither Theresa or Brady deserve a child, not when Nicole has been cheated so horribly, but o.k.

And now, Theresa is already plotting and planning to use the baby for ulterior gain. And she even has already begun. Well, she will have a really good teacher in Eve now, won't she?

I just realised that I skipped this episode completely, I must have gone from Monday to Wednesday and forgot to look up Tuesdays. I only realised because of the bit about Rory and then JJ throwing the drugs in the lake/river - I'm thinking "I didn't see Rory?" - Everything else in the recap has pretty much been covered before I think.

Edited - but I know I saw the Abby/Chad stuff? I'm really confused now.

I fast forwarded most of this crap. The Marlena piece was not only poorly executed but also should not have been treated as filler. Maggie and Melanie had more air time than Marlena did and Marlena's was in the process of being kidnapped. What a joke.

Back