Days of Our Lives - Tues. May 15, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, May 15, 2018

In the square, Jennifer is talking with JJ, so worried about Abigail, doesn't want to lose her again. Eric arrives, promises love and support, offers to take Jen for a bite to eat. No, she is not hungry. JJ insists she go, that she needs to keep up her strength.

At the Pub, Marlena, Steve, Kayla & Roman chatter about Abigail, Vivian, etc. Will Abby go to prison. In comes Jen & Eric, Jen wants to know as well. So, it turns out Marlena, Jen & Kayla sit together, the women offering Jen all kinds of support, good wishes, love. Steve talks with Roman, asks him to take his place at Black Patch, that it is kind of hard to be a blind detective. He figures Roman is missing the action. Roman doesn't deny that, but likes running the Pub. Kayla joins them, as Marlena had to leave, but nothing is said to her about Steve asking Roman to take his place. Jen thanks Eric for being there for her

Over at the hospital, Brady & Eve are all happy & snuggling, in comes John. They tell John their news, he doesn't seem all that keen about it. Eve leaves to let father & son talk, and they do, a nice long conversation. They discuss Theresa, what if she returns, Brady doesn't care, she abandoned them, partying, drugs, etc. He is in love with Eve who is wonderful with his on, and more along the same lines. John eventually is satisfied his son will be happy.

Out in the hall, Eve has run into JJ, who sees the engagement ring. They have a nice conversation, though JJ also brings up Theresa. Seems he saw her in St. Luke's, just before she left town, (flashback) & he had the feeling she was struggling with something. He wonders if she really went of her own accord. He has given Eve something to think about though, but wishes her well, congrats. He talks a bit of how he thought he was going to be a daddy, was so happy, she tells him he has his whole life in front of him, and it will comes, and he will be great dad. He leaves for work.

Eve returns to Brady's room, in time to hear Brady bragging about her, how she is with Tate, he loves her, wants no one else. She comes in, John has something to say. Brady looks a bit concerned, but John hugs Eve, welcome to the family. He goes out, has to meet Marlena. Eve is happy, John seems to have given them his blessing. Brady tells her they had talked a bit about Theresa, but he put his dad straight. They cuddle, kiss, are happy.

In the square, Marlena & John walk together, talking of Brady & Eve, the impending wedding. Marlena loves weddings. John thinks it has been long enough, time for them to have their own!

In Mexico City, Mateo has come into his office, asking Theresa & Xander what is going on here. Theresa immediate pounces on Xander, she caught him trying to break into Mateo's safe. Look, he has the thumb drive. Xander turns it over to Mateo, nope, wasn't me, and if I tried to break in, why doesn't Theresa still have the lockbox keys. Yep, guilty. Both are accusing the other, Theresa desperately trying to talk her way out. Too late, Mateo gets on his phone. Is calling Miguel to rid the place of Theresa. Suddenly Xander says he has a better idea.......give her to me. It is obvious he has hatred for Theresa, something she did. Mateo says they had a business appointment, yep. I have the diamonds, you give me cash, & the girl. Mateo doesn't know what plans Xander may have for her, and since Xander doesn't mind used merchandise, it's a deal. He tells Xander to show himself out, but warns Theresa if she tells anyone about Ms. Lane, that Brady & Tate will die.

Theresa asks what Xander intends to do with her.....now would you not like to know. He is snide, sleazy a bit, but then asks if she really could get Uncle Vic to take him back into the family. Yes, she can. O.K. He will take her back to Salem.

She says they cannot leave yet, they have to rescue Chloe. Xander is surprised, is that who you both were talking about. Yes, she cannot leave without her. Xander says they cannot, that Mateo will kill them all. Either save yourself, or try to save Chloe, and Brady/Tate die. Your choice. They are in Chloe's room now, The fancy dress on the bed, no sign of Chloe. Theresa has to say goodbye, leaves a note propped on the pillow. "I'm sorry. Your friend, Theresa."

Well, Xander had the thumb drive in his hand, very easily and willingly turned it over. Mateo would know right away if Xander had done something, I would think, but who knows. I will say....there are perhaps, at most, 10 min. of scenes worth seeing. Was good to see John & Marlena together in a scene, even if 1 minute long. Same goes for Steve/Kayla. Oh, they were seen more time, but not with each other.

Eve has run into JJ, who sees the engagement ring. They have a nice conversation, though JJ also brings up Theresa. Seems he saw her in St. Luke's, just before she left town, (flashback) & he had the feeling she was struggling with something. He wonders if she really went of her own accord.
I really liked that scene between JJ and Theresa right before she left.

I really liked the JJ/Eve scenes. But then I always liked them and thought they should have been together after the fallout from Paige. (I know I'm sarcastic a lot, but that is genuine.)

I am okay with Marlena/Roman and Steve/Kayla recapping between their own story developments. I am OK with Kate getting a slap on the wrist for Vivian's murder because Vivian was culpable and had never answered for her crimes. (Though I do think it's a crime that Kate didn't take the opportunity to ice StefanNo, but oh well.)

Stop talking about Brady's last great love (before Nicole) Jeannie T. WE GET IT ALREADY. Meanwhile this is not the 1980s. Please let's not even think about thinking about the "sleep with me and I'll save your life" trope.

John: Why wasn't he more enthusiastic about Brady's engagement to Eve? Wouldn't he prefer the Donovan sister who didn't dent the back of his head with a fireplace poker?

Roman: Should he really have been the one to ask why Vivian never went to jail when his Salem P.D. has almost never managed to send any major-league Salem criminal off to state prison? And if he's going to give up the Pub for sleuthing with Black Patch, he shouldn't put dull, gloomy Eric in charge. He'd scare away the customers. Instead, T would be the ideal choice -- cheerful, friendly, and experienced in working at a saloon.

Jeannie T.: Was it really wise of her to ask a homicidal drug lord: "What are you going to do to me?" She really wouldn't want this creep to start using his sick imagination.

Xander: Does he really think that he will return to Salem as the conquering hero? As soon as Jeannie T. gets back to Salem, she'll probably trash her calculating savior to anyone who'll listen. E.g., "Yes, Xander rescued me, but it was only because ....." Finally, since Xander is back in the contraband diamonds game, it would have been a nice touch if he had pulled a ceramic elephant out of that shoulder bag and said: "Mateo, the diamonds are right here inside my friend, Fred II."

Well, the most I can say about the episode is I stared at my TV screen and then it was over. The only thing that really registered was Mateo essentially selling Theresa to Xander, but not in a good way.

The Brady Pub: Those scenes with Kayla and Marlena supporting a distraught Jennifer were nice enough I suppose, but I couldn't tell you anything that was said. I also found it jarring when Steve was talking about Abigail, but then I remembered he's Abigail and JJ's uncle. I really keep forgetting that. And then it made sense. A big complaint I see with this show is that it doesn't really utilize extended family connections. And while those scenes didn't personally connect with me for some reason, I can appreciate the effort.

Thanks, Poirot.

DrBakerFan, I wondered if the diamonds were in an elephant too

I, also, wondered about the thumb drive because I thought Xander
put it in his backpack yesterday.

Since Theresa didn't want to leave Chloe behind, I hope she tells
someone where Chloe is.

Nice to see Roman today. Is Anna still in Salem or not? Are they
engaged or not since that wasn't shown last week?

You would think Brady or Eve would wonder if there might be a
possibility that Theresa is coming back. It is Salem and it happens
all the time there.

Is there ever a good way to sell someone??
No, there isn't. What I meant was that the episode really just felt like filler and that was a horrible thing to do. Especially the casual way it was done, it struck a chord.

But I can see how it kind of seems like I was saying there was a good way to do what Mateo did. Believe me, I know there is NOT.

I really liked the JJ/Eve scenes.

I'm over Eve at this point but I did like these scenes. I was pleasantly surprised that they brought up the Jeannie T connection. I also thought there was a tad too many anvils dropped about Eve mothering Tate. Is that the real reason she wants to marry Brady?

A big complaint I see with this show is that it doesn't really utilize extended family connections.

Amen Troy. I was shocked Marlena and Eric were in the same room.

The only thing that really registered was Mateo essentially selling Theresa to Xander,

Mateo is disgusting and I need him off my screen immediately.

Nice to see Roman today. Is Anna still in Salem or not? Are they engaged or not since that wasn't shown last week?

I had the same question. Not even a mention of her.

I loved Marlena and Jennifer's outfits today though I wish we could see Kayla and Jennifer in jeans once in a while.

Marlena hugging Eric was adorable.

I've never been a big Eve fan but I have to say that the actress does a great job and I find myself rooting for her.
NikkiFan, I also think it was the actress that got me liking Eve. She really is good. One of my favorites on the show along with Victoria Konefal (Ciara). They are both great assets to the show. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

But I can see how it kind of seems like I was saying there was a good way to do what Mateo did. Believe me, I know there is NOT.
They should have had Xander hand over the diamonds, and then have the slimy drug lord say: "By the way, I am beyond sick of Theresa. She never shuts up. Now I know why half the people in Salem couldn't stand her. Take her back to Salem -- please. It will be a win-win. I'll be rid of her and you'll be a hero for rescuing a damsel in distress."

I may be alone in this, but I am absolutely not on board with Theresa's return. I never liked her. On top of the list, she knocked John into a long coma, not to mention all the other horrible things she did. So I can't forgive and forget. Even now, I don't enjoy her at all, reformed or not. But this whole thing, with Mateo, is, again, beyond ridiculous. I remember when Shane was a hero, nothing could stop him. But a year or so ago, he let his daughter go to Mexico, because he could do nothing? :eek::angry: No, just no. And this Mateo guy, who's supposedly so terrifying, leaves Xander and Theresa in his office, just saying "Show yourselves out". Yeah, o.k. Right. :rolleyes: Sure, he probably has guards and cameras everywhere. (not) Then again, Miguel could not be bothered to answer his phone to come take care of Theresa. Again, o.k., right. :rolleyes:

And as far as being alone, I may also be the only one to actually like Eve and Brady. Well, mostly Eve, cause Brady is not only an idiot, but a very cruel idiot. Nope, I can't forget either that he blackmailed Nicole into leaving town. But at least, Eve makes me tolerate the guy. Put him back with Theresa, and they both can leave.

Lastly, a big NO to Jennifer and Eric. Sorry, it just does not work. At least in my opinion.

But more Roman, John, Paul (and I really like him with Will), and Black Patch. More Steve. More Kayla in action. More Marlena in action too.

Back