Days of Our Lives - Tues., May 22, 2018

Interesting that they are taking the stand on rape, given the horrors we watched recently with Gabby and Big Zero.
The stand on rape is a welcome development, but now the writers should follow up by having Mr. Slimy McSleazy go to prison for raping Abigail. Creeps like him have been getting away for this for far too long.

On other subjects:

Lani, Eli, and the Baby: The writers should just put and end to this plot by having Lani give birth, followed by her child being mentioned now and then. Today, it was almost like the writers thought: "Gee we have time to fill in the May 22 episode. How about another health crisis for Lani?"

Will: The secret writings in Rolf's diary are an interesting development, but how can Will understand Rolf's scientific jargon and equations?

Brady-Eve-Theresa: The writers have painted themselves into the corner with this one. Brady is looking like a semi-dolt and Jeannie T. is coming across as whiny and clueless. Looking the worst are who agreed to let Jeannie T. go stick her head in the Mexican lion's mouth, saying that he was oh so powerful and ruthless that he could not be refused and that the spy mission would be quick and easy. Now, however, to pry Jeannie T. loose and to eventually free the diva, they're going to have to portray the Noodle as less than invincible.

Last edited:
I hated Brady/Jeannie T but hate Brady/Eve more. There's no way to win unless the Kmansion roof collapses on this miserable trio. Jeannie is just whiny, Eve should be mad at Shane and/or confirming the story (if she's really not believing her sister's tale), and Brady should be chewing Victor out.

Brady needs to do the "right thing" and choose neither Donovan sister.

I think the issue here aside from neither sister having any romantic chemistry with Brady is the extreme age difference between the 2 sisters. Eve was an adult when Jeannie T was born and now they are fighting over the same guy? I'd rather see this trope with Ciara, Tripp and Claire. Also, Jeannie T came across as really desperate today and Eve came across as really nasty. It also doesn't help that Brady looks like he's scolding a teenager with Jeannie T and Eve looks like she could be both Brady and Jeannie T's mothers. This whole story is a mess and I need it to end.

How about another health crisis for Lani?

This is getting real old real fast. I need some movement in this story and need to see them more than twice a month.

I did enjoy Ciara/Julie and Kayla/Tripp but I thought the sex discussion with Kayla and Tripp was awkward. Where was Steve? I was almost wondering if these scenes may have been inserted.

Nice shout out to Mary Beth Evans' (Kayla) apple pie company in real life.

Hated that Kayla still had that white dress on while cooking. Is it so hard for her to wear jeans for an episode?

Also, Lani is in the 2nd trimester with a visible bump but is wearing her normal clothing with shirt tucked in and a tight belt? :rolleyes: At least untuck the shirt.

Can Lani just leave already? This is ridiculous. High risk pregnancy and she is still active on police force. No stress there. I don't care that it is a desk job. They are just using the risk to bring her closer to Eli. Claire will come between Tripp and Ciara and I will just have to poke myself in the eye.

I do agree about Lani & her pregnancy, & "fill in" appearances. Eli is too good an actor to be pulled away from detective work to play 2nd fiddle expectant father.

I do like that white dress of Kayla's, but...at least she wore an apron. As to having on a dress at all......heck, 99.99% of the time, every female in Salem is in a dress...except maybe Marlena.

As to wearing jeans.....I watched a movie the other day with a Days actress in it, wearing mostly jeans or slacks thruout the entire movi, along with 6" spike heels, as she went traipsing around docks, wooden bridges, stairs, grassy areas, gravel roads, etc. as she was sightseeing, or checking on this or that. It looked so stupid. So it isn't just jeans some actresses don't wear, but the comfortable kind of shoes as well, for whatever the scene has them doing.

Thanks for the summary. I so appreciate the time you take to share these!

The stand on rape is a welcome development, but now the writers should follow up by having Mr. Slimy McSleazy go to prison for raping Abigail. Creeps like him have been getting away for this for far too long.
Sure hope Ron is reading this post and will take this idea to paper, rape cannot be just ignored or joked about, or written like the rapist is to be felt sorry for because this "happened", like the past few scenes with Stefan. I certainly agree, he needs to go to prison!!!:angry:
I think Ron gets it sometimes. The scene with Julie and Ciara were awesome, honest and powerful. Kudos to all!!:clap:

I did enjoy Ciara/Julie and Kayla/Tripp but I thought the sex discussion with Kayla and Tripp was awkward.
I think if Kayla hadn't left, the scene would have worked better. Talking with our kids about sex isn't always easy. Necessary and very powerful, but not always easy (just my opinion)

Claire will come between Tripp and Ciara and I will just have to poke myself in the eye.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Back