Days of Our Lives - Tues., May 9, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Chad accidentally knocks a box on the floor, as Harold comes in, startles him. Seems the security man who was to accompany Chad to Greece was in an auto accident, and is in the hospital. And none of the other security detail working for DiMera want to go to Greece, all afraid of the "curse" on the amulet. Chad decides then, he will go alone, asks Harold what was in that box/package, Harold says the figurine Chad had bought for Abby for the vow renewal. Harold leaves.

In the square, Hope runs into Abby, pushing the obligatory buggy, is on her way to visit Lani in the hospital, dropping Thomas at her mother's. They chat a bit, Abby mentions Chad going on the trip to Greece, doesn't know why, Hope gathers Abby thinks something illegal. Abby says she trusts Chad to do what is right for family and their child, Hope not too sure.

She then goes to see Chad, has this dumb "beat around the bush" conversation with him about his trip to Greece. (I could swear she asked if he had heard from his father, but I could be wrong, maybe it just sounded like that??) They go back & forth, pussy footing around it all, Hope saying something to the effect she promised she would keep an eye on him, or watch out. Anyway, Chad figures Abby said something, but tells Hope thanks for stopping by, sending her on her way.

He calls Abby, wants to see her now, they meet in the square, he is not happy she is sending cops after him, she did not, just ran into Hope, who is family. She makes it clear that though she loves him still, it is over. He mentions the figurine he bought to give her, how it is now broken into a zillion pieces, but pieces can be put back together, everything can be fixed. She says no, some things cannot.

Joey has a customer in the Pub, who doesn't want to leave, nor does he want to pay his bill, insisting drinks are on the house. Joey nicely tries getting him to pay, the Limey (yep, really thick British Liverpool accent) refuses, gets belligerent, tears up the check, and has grabbed Joey just as Tripp walks in. Tripp mentions Joey is his brother, so this is his business as well. The guy takes a swing at Tripp, who manages to get him under control (hey, like a cop), takes the guys wallet, throws it to Joey who extracts the amount of the bill, tosses it back. Tripp puts it back in the guy's pockets, then shoves him out the door. The brothers laugh, Joey wants Tripp to show him how he did that, Tripp is doing so, Patch walks in, smiling at the brothers' having a good time. They tell him what happened, he says something about violence not always being the answer, but admits that he probably would have reacted the same way had he walked in. Smiles, as Steve notes in re: Tripp that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. LOL

Jade arrives at Kayla's office, expressing her thanks for the Johnson's watching out for her, but needing a car to get to class on time. Kayla firmly says no, then says she ran into Jade's mother at the gym, heard how her mom contacted Jade after the transplant surgery, offered money, a place to stay, tuition, even a car, and Jade turned her down. Jade says she did not want to take from them, but Kayla is angry. So, o.k. to take from us? You lied and lied and lied again, wanting Joey to feel sorry for you, that you had nothing. Jade tries making excuses, Kayla not buying it, no more monetary help from us. Jade wonders if they really want to cross her. Kayla asks if she is going to tell Joey's secret. Oh, no, she loves Joey, would never betray, blah, blah. He still loves Jade, she is convinced, just won't admit it.

Lani is in misery in her hospital bed, has the vomit bucket, which she hides when JJ comes in.She claims she is fine, much better, Abby arrives for about 10 seconds, as Lani insists the tough nurse will be in to throw them out. They leave.

Rafe is questioning Snake about his Halo supplier, Snake has nothing to say. Eli comes in with Pez, another Halo fellow, who also is mum. Rafe says the DA will give a deal to the one who gives up his supplier first, the other faces long jail time. Both are silent, Snake saying he gets his from Chicago, a middleman, but he is lousy with names. Eli takes him out, maybe he will be better with pictures, takes him out. Rafe tells the other fellow that Snake poisoned a cop, are you going to take the entire rap? Pez says there is a Halo lab right there is Salem, that he gets it from a local dealer.

Eli goes to see Lani, she is having a bad time with her withdrawal, but makes him promise not to say a word. She wants to be able to get back to work, and feels that as a woman, she cannot appear weak. He says she saved the lives of 6 women, is a hero. He also figures to stay and help her through this.

Steve brings yellow roses to his wife, all he wants is a kiss. Love these two. He tells her about Tripp, Joey, and how he thinks maybe Tripp won't be holding Ava's death against him. She tells him about Jade's visit, what she said, and how she afraid she has now put the family in jeopardy. Tis o.k., not to worry, says Steve, we will handle it together.

Tripp meets up with a pacing Jade in the park. She is angry, Kayla was to mean to her, yada, yada. Tripp figures there is something about Ava's death that is not sounding right, says something about Steve doing anything for someone he loved. Jade is silent. Tripp says he will just state his theory......then goes on about his mother being convinced Kayla was trying to kill her. Jade is silent. Tripp asks...am I right. Did Kayla kill Ava? Yes, replies Jade.

Thank you for staying awake through this one, Poirot.
staying-awake.gif

It sounds like a real snoozer.

The best part for me was Joey and Tripp rousting the guy at the pub.

Thank goodness for Harold. His appearance and tales of a curse on the amulet was the highlight of the day. Joey, Tripp, and the drunk was OK too, but the bloom was taken off that episode by the lying NuJade who's now achieved true Salem lowlife status. Even Sami would be shaking her head over the antics of this one.

Elsewhere it was the usual filler
  • Rafe and Eli questioning Snake and some flunky even though they had no attorney present (the spirit of Bo Brady lives);
  • Hope sniffing around Chad at the DiMansion (she never dared to even glance at the portrait of the Phoenix);
  • More nonsense from blathering Abigail;
  • Lani making getting nauseous again and again (if Eli had any sense, he'd tell the doctors).
The only positive thing in all of this was that there wasn't one mention of St. Daniel's heart.

You know I really don't understand all the resistance to Chad getting the amulet. I mean sure, it's kind of odd he's going all the way to Greece for it. I mean, I'm positive he could order a tasty one at the Brady pub. We're talking about one of my favorite breakfast meals: stuffed with ham, sausage and maybe some green pepper with extra cheddar on top. Then when you throw in a couple of pieces nice crispy bacon and wheat toast topped with raspberry jam on the side? My mouth waters like Homer Simpson just thinking about it. But I digress, So anyway if Chad wants to enjoy a nice....

What's that?

I'm confusing omelettes with amulets you say? Well in that case, boy is my face red :blush:

Seriously though, now when I think about a story about about the good folks of Salem going on an international quest to obtain an ancient 20 million dollar omelette recipe could have made for an exciting sweeps story. It's certainly nothing we've seen before. Maybe some fan fiction is in order here. :)

One thing interesting today was........all the different people who interacted with each other. Chad w/Harold, then Hope, and then Abby. Abby w Hope, then Chad & Lani, then JJ.

Lani w JJ, then Abby, and then Eli

Rafe w/Snake, then Eli & Pez, then Pez, and finally Hope.

Eli w/Rafe/Snake/Pez, then Lani

Joey w/Cory (the drunken Englishman), then Tripp, then Steve

Kayla w/Jade, then Steve

Tripp w/Joey, the drunk, then Steve, and finally Jade

Hope w Abby, then Chad, & finally Rafe (she brought him dinner, Chinese takeout, and casually dropped the "I'm going to Greece" comment on him)

Lots of mixing them up, which was a good thing....

Just was surprised to see Joey working at the Pub. He even had his hair tied back. :)

Hopefully, Chad will find his lucky rabbit's foot since his security team is too wimpy
to go with him to Greece.

Nice to see Harold today.

What a surprise to find out, Jade's mom wants to help Jade, but Jade said no.
She probably thought since Steve and Kayla helped, she would get Joey back.

Interesting to see Joey and Tripp act like brothers today.

Is the local Halo dealer someone we know in Salem?

What's going to happen now since Tripp thinks Kayla killed his mom?

I'd love to vomit, but it's not worth the effort. Absolutely terrible on all counts. Hope, Abby, Chad, amulets...useless.

Lani - who cares.

JJ - get a life.

Jade - grow a spine. It's such a shame that no character can stay consistent or be interesting without petty bickering, backstabbing, and lying. (And even Steve has fallen into this trap thanks to the lame-o Stefano double plot.)

Tripp - die and/or have your paternity re-calculated because I'm hemorrhaging interest in you.

Nice move, Kayla! Did having a knock down, drag out battle with Jade seem like a good idea? I could sense Steve's disapproval, and resignation re her impulsiveness.

Hope's sailor suit was a different look for her, and not a bad one.

Steve's bringing flowers to Kayla was sweet; they really are a couple of lovebirds! :rolleyes:

Will Abby repair the broken figurine? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So now Hope's focus is on Chad? Newsflash Hope: maybe spend half as much time with your own GRANDDAUGHTER before she creates a sex tape. I am so sick of this show avoiding the Hope/Claire connection.

I like Rafe in cop mode but the Snake stuff was kind of random considering we saw 3 other cops on this case and Rafe was about to arrest Brady last we saw him.

Back