Days of Our Lives - Tues., Oct. 23, 2018

I hate when shows do that! I think Dynasty started it with Steven. We don't need an explanation. We understand actors change. It's just dumb.
Days did it back in the 70's with the character of Brooke Hamilton who "died" in a car accident and returned to Salem as Stephanie Woodruff, and no one knew she was really Brooke with plastic surgery.

The fire chief said no survivors. He didn't mention any bodies.
Yeah, I wondered about that specific wording. There WERE survivors. Brady, Eric, "EJ", and Sami all got out. Apparently we don't yet know about Rolf, Kristen, Nicole, and whoever was in those rooms with the initials. There was no mention of bodies.

Rolf told the wheelchair person something along the line of the drug not usually taking so long to work. Which led me thinking that the people, whose initials were on the doors, may not necessarily still be there. Maybe they are healed and gone.

Neither Kristen nor Rolf actually called the mystery patient EJ to his face. They just talked about his recovery taking so long. I'm inclined to think this isn't actually EJ. Maybe it's a way to get the Dimera money back from Sami?

Once again the Brady/Sami/Eric stuff was fantastic. This is what has been missing from the show the last few years. Rootable 30/40 somethings involved in lead story. And by rootable, I mean characters we care about because they're related to vets we care about. Let's add Belle and Carrie to this mix.

That said, Brady is an imbecile for leaving Holly with a stranger

I don't like how the John/Marlena story seems to have suddenly back burnered in favor of the Walking Dead story. The show still needs to learn balance.

The Kate/Gabi stuff was weird. First, it's impossible to take Kate seriously in that 1975 throwback suit. Second, why was Kate seated for most of the scene with Gabi standing over her? It just really off balance. And yes, Kate really is acting out of character here. My only hope is that she either double crosses Gabi and/or gets Rafe involved.

I need Abby to kick all these idiots to the curb and not forgive so easily. Especially Chad. I need him to fight for her once the truth comes out.

That's an interesting observation made about Kate sitting during her scenes with Gabi, Heather. I kind of wonder if the point is the whole thing is out of balance, There is a noticeable height difference between the two actresses , I don't know if Lauren Koslow (Kate) is always in heels or what but Camila Banus (Gabi) always looks small beside her. Which makes it hard to see Gabi being the one in charge in that relationship which of course, she really isn't nor do I think she really believes she is, which is why she keeps pulling the "I'll tell Chad" card in my opinion. So by having Kate sitting that gives Gabi the illusion of being above her. I hope this makes sense because I'm pretty much pulling it out of thin air. LOL

I must say I like your idea about Kate getting Rafe involved. But sadly I don't know if even he can reign his little sister in at this point.

Thanks for the summary!!!

Gabi: If JJ doesn't find the incriminating pills in her purse, the friends of Abigail should hide a few cameras in the K-mansion living room and arrange a counter-set-up to trap Kate's revenge-crazed little partner in crime.
:clap::clap::clap:
Wow. The hubris and idiocy required to make this story "work" (I use that term very loosely) is astounding. Gabi is a multiple lying felon - and I've given her a pass on Nick (he was abusive) and even Melanie/Andrew (she didn't intend for it to spiral as it did). This is all intentional and is ruining her character.
I sure hope JJ comes to Abby's side and helps expose Gabi---but I really think the way Kate is acting so BADLY is just bad writing. Kate would never act like this - I totally agree with the other comments about this. I'd like to think Kate has a way to double-cross Gabi - but...?

Also - we're resurrecting people left and right, and we can't fix a measly spinal injury? Not even in Salem.
good point!:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
No bodies, and a necklace that was near perfect? Nicole will be back - either resurrected via serum for Kristen to use to torture Brady & Eric sometime in the future, or as an amnesiac, or something else horrible in the future. We've definitely not seen the last of her. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Back