Days of Our Lives - Tues. Sept. 3rd, 2013

Thank you, Poirot. No tape for me today. :(

Looks like I really didn't miss too much.

I'm a mite confused about Nick's motive in writing as Gabi." Does he really think that she'll fall into his arms when she finds out about it? Even if the guys kick her out, I can't see her running back to Nick after he exposes her life.

@DaysD - Abigail and Chad sounded out of place in this episode to me, too. Maybe their scene / scenes were used as filler. When Days does that, it reminds me of the "fluff" "snooze worthy" stories my local TV stations use to take up time on a slow news day.

Looking at things from the Salem residents' point of view....no one knows or suspects that Nick is becoming paranoid, or obsessive again. They know what he did before, Will even referred to the why....was he taking pills again? And the Pub had barely anyone in it, Will & Nick were talking off in the corner. Caroline spoke no louder than Nick or Will had been. Nick was making excuses, wanting second chances, and talking of having apologized. Well, he had not to Caroline, and she was the FIRST one to give him a break, getting him accepted back in the community. And Will is her great grandson, Ari her great great granddaughter. Gabi lived there for quite some time, while she was underage, and in high school. Caroline definitely had the right, at least as far as I am concerned.

And then there is Gabi....who feels the pinch of being a very young mother, and has to give up a lot of her social life because of it. (Dr. Phil has had a few of these gals on his show, !!)
She had no where to go, and Sonny made all the arrangements for a larger apartment, got the furniture, did it all himself, so that she would have a place for her and the baby.
Now, if she had managed to have somewhere else, even her brother's place, she would have no sitters at a moment's notice. She knows that. So she doesn't want to move out, just threaten it to Sonny.
Heck, if she thought it over, when she first was having that baby, and married Nick, Will figured he would not be living with her, would he. And when that all fell apart, he still had no idea they would be living together, but would be sharing time with the baby. So what would be different if she moved out on her own?

I loved Marlena/Nicole/Kristen scenes today... pure soap gold. More of this, please!!

I don't really care about Chad/Abby... booring.

I am so over Brady. Tired of hearing him tell everyone how Krisen has changed... it's monotonous day after day. Almost as much so as Sami trying to convince everyone that EJ has changed.

Really enjoying Camila Banus as Gabi lately. She has really come into her own of late.

Thank heavens for no Sami and EJ or Jennifer and Daniel today. The soap gods were shining down on us.

it was an interesting episode. A lot of funny remarks with most of
the groups on the show.

Nick's suggestion to Gabi about moving to Rafe's may not work.
I think a lot of Rafe's things are in Sonny/Will/Gabi apartment.
Maybe Rafe can have new things.

The line Nicole said about Brady was funny. She said he found his brain
and lost it and where did it go. She moved down looking at his pants.
That was funny since we know what Brady thinks with :D

I enjoyed Kristen and Marlena. Marlena trying to be so cool
even after Nicole showed up. From what we saw today,
it seems as if the flash drive is the only place the video is kept.

At the end, Gabi and Sonny were standing in front of the
sign in apartment. I think it says "life". The camera moved
in when Gabi mentioned "if she says there". Sonny said "if"
The only letters showing behind Gabi were "I and F"

Abigail and Chad felt very out of place in this episode.

Indeed. Though lately, I find Abigail to be out of place any time she's on screen. She keeps wandering around town, doing absolutely nothing. Seriously, what's her purpose in life ? Pine after two guys ? Yep, like mother, like daughter ! Every time Abigail walks into the new club, or the hospital, or anywhere, I can almost hear other characters think aloud (or maybe it's just me) :D : Oh, great, poor pathetic Abigail is coming, what does she want this time ? Man, can't this girl get a life ? :rolleyes:

As far as the rest of the show is concerned, aside from enjoying the Marlena/Kristen/Nicole scenes (well, mostly because of Marlena, cause I can't stand Kristen), I found the episode so boring... again ! :zzz: And again, I find myself not able to root for the characters that were on.

Gabi ? Grow up, little girl !
Sonny ? Get a spine and stand up to Gabi, dude !
Will ? Just get a spine and get rid of the puppy dog look ! (It pains me to type this, as I used to really like Will).
Nick ? What a waste of a good actor/character/storyline again ! :beat:
Brady ? Can everyone hear the song "If I only had a brain" ? Except that the scarecrow in The wizard of Oz was actually likeable.
Eric ? Again, he's becoming as stupid as Brady, willing to see some change in Kristen. I get that he's a priest, must be understanding, but enough is enough. He too should get a spine. But noooo... he reserves his harsh judgments for Nicole. :mad:

But, like others have said, no EJ/Sami, no Dan Dan/Jen Jen at least. Thanks for that !

Have known some great priests in my day...have seen some really lose their tempers, become frustrated, have fun, laugh, joke around, etc. Father Eric is quite different, but the poor man has a lot on his mind, especially trying to juggle the troubles of his family and himself.

Oh, yes, I do agree that Father Eric has got a lot on his mind. It's just that lately, he's got a "victim attitude", and we only see him either sad, or conflicted, or having nightmares resulting in some form of panic. I get that what happened to him was horrible (I still can't stomach what Kristen did to him, made me feel ill to even watch), but I just wish Eric would fight to know the truth, as much as Daniel does (only times I like Daniel is when he's trying to help Eric), instead of being in a constant "I don't know what to do, I don't know if I want to know" attitude. I want Eric to be strong. Like you say, Poirot, there are priests who, while being understanding and trying to do their best, stand up for what's right... and stand up for their rights. I wish Eric was one of them. I would like him so much more.

Back