Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, April 23, 2024

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
38 minutes today.

It's Tuesday. Two menus or two people bring in the mail.

It's a new day in Salem.

Holly and Nicole in Horton Town Square. Nicole asks how her first day of school was. Holly says it went fine, glad classes are in the same building. Nicole returns Holly's cell phone. She wants to believe she can trust Holly again.

Tate and Brady at the pub. Brady talks about how he didn't drink coffee until he was 18 or 19. Brady wonders where the waiter is? Tate gets up and goes to the back.

Eric pushes Jude in the stroller back into apartment. Sloan is there. Eric talks to her about going to the Spectator and the job. He knows Leo was talking to Sloan since she knew he went there. He wants to know what's going on with her and Leo?

Alex is looking at his phone at home. Theresa comes out dressed in gym clothes. Alex is upset because the press release isn't what he approved about Bella closing. He asks if she read article? She says no. Alex says it didn't take her long to tell Maggie that the magazine folded.

EJ's at home when Kristen walks in. He has to go to the DiMera offices and then to the DA's office. Once the board votes, he will be CEO at DiMera. EJ tells her to be prepared. She says she is.

Kristen talks about the Bistro being open again. She thinks EJ should go and watch Stefan work. Stefan will actually have to work. Kristen asks why EJ gave Stefan a sweet deal? She says EJ's playing the long game, and she knows he's up to something. EJ says he has to go out for breakfast.

Sloan tells Eric she talked to Leo ask for his help with Eric. Leo owes her. She wants Eric's photography business to be like hers, and wants them to be a power couple. Eric says it's not him. He shows Sloan their budget and says the numbers don't add up. Eric knows she tricked him with the numbers and there's money missing.

Theresa didn't run to Maggie. She only told Maggie since she's her sponsor. Theresa went to talk to Maggie for her help. She tells Alex he could have asked. He was surprised and now Maggie has a job at the company, but she's back on his terms. Theresa says he and Maggie could take Titan to the next level. She sits next to Alex on couch and says she wants to fix things at Bella. She wants to help the employees get new jobs. Theresa wants Alex to move people around company. He's not sure. She still doesn't want to work there.

Holly tells Nicole she'll be more trustworthy. Sophia walks up. They talk about school and math, then walk off to get lattes. Nicole says to be home after school.

Tate comes back to the table wearing an apron, bringing Brady's coffee. He tells Brady the cook called in sick and Roman's doing all the cooking. Tate is going help out and promises he won't be late to school. He gives Brady a bag with a scone to take to Rachel. Brady leaves. The door opens and Sophia and Holly come in. Tate walks over and gives both girls a menu. He says he's helping his uncle. Holly won't take the menu. He tells her to look at the specials. Inside menu is a note (can't read it). Holly squeezes it her in hand. Sophia orders an egg. Holly only has coffee. Tate leaves and looks at her from the bar.

EJ finds Nicole in the square. He's sorry he's late, but he can't stay for breakfast. He needs to go the DiMera offices. Nicole wants to have lunch. He's busy at DA's office too. EJ sees a bright future with the company and he's helping the people of Salem. He's happy Nicole is on his side. They kiss. Nicole is embarrassed. EJ has two jobs and she doesn't have one. EJ says she's a DiMera and doesn't need one. She's always worked. He doesn't think she should go to work right now.

Kristen's on her laptop emailing Mr. Shin. Brady walks in. He wants to see Rachel. Kristen says Rachel went early to an art event and someone drove her to school. Brady's not happy and could have taken her. Kristen offers to have cook make him breakfast. Brady says he'll get Rachel after school. Kristen says Rachel's being tutored after school. Brady's upset that he wasn't told about the tutor. He tries to leave, but Kristen brings up Alex knowing about the tutor. Brady doesn't believe her. He'll talk to Rachel about the truth. Kristen tries to tell Brady how much Rachel likes Alex. She leaves him and tells him to walk himself out.

Theresa tries to figure out what she wants to do. Maybe do a vlog (video log) about fashion and food. She's unsure how often she'll see Maggie since she's engaged to Konstantin now. Alex gets upset. Theresa thought Alex knew. She wasn't supposed to say anything. Alex doesn't understand. Theresa says Maggie's thinking with her heart and trying to keep her connection to Victor. Alex is afraid Konstantin wants Victor's money. He says Konstantin is a con man. (good to know)

Sophia looks at Tate and wishes he was on the menu. Holly wants to talk about math and says her mom would be upset if she doesn't get all A's. Sophia goes to the restroom. Tate goes to next table so he and Holly can talk. He wants to know if Sophia knows about them? Holly says no. She's not going to tell Sophia because she tells her mom everything. Tate tells her he got a different phone so they can talk to each other, then they look at each other. He goes back to work. Holly's happy to see him.

Sloan tells Eric not to worry. He tells her he's helped a lot of couples. Most couple problems are about money because of addictions (hers is lying). He mentions several. She doesn't listen. Then he mentions gambling. He says they can work this out together. Tell me what's going on. He wants the truth. Sloan gets huffy and says the truth is that she works and he wants to stay at home with the baby. She says that's ok, she's a big girl and can pay the bills. He calls her martyr. She gets upset and takes Jude out for a walk.

Sophia comes back and says she saw a poster for the prom. She wonders if Tate will go? Sophia wants to ask him. Holly says she wasn't really into him. Sophia wonders if Holly will go, and says they can double date and go in a limo. Holly changes subject and says they need to get to school, then they leave. Holly walks out last and waves at Tate. He goes to their table and sees her notebook, then rushes outside.

EJ says he's not sure where she can work. He's in charge of DiMera and she can't go back to Basic Black. Nicole doesn't know what she wants to do. She has too much time on her hands and wants to do something. EJ suggests coming to DiMera. Nicole says no and has some ideas.

Sophia and Holly are in the park area. Sophia's trying to get Holly to go to the prom. Holly says she'll talk to her mom. Tate runs up with the notebook, and Sophia is happy to see him.

Eric comes into the apartment with the mail. He sorts the mail and finds an envelope with a past due notice. He opens it.

Brady is leaving the DiMansion. Nicole walks in with the mail. They talk in the foyer. He tells Nicole he came for Rachel, but Kristen didn't make it happen. Brady asks about Holly. Nicole said it was fine. Brady says Tate said the same thing. Nicole talks about how Holly and Tate can't be friends now. She hopes she and Brady can be friends again. Brady says how about now? Then says always.

Theresa tries to calm down Alex. He said he read a business book and it says to always plan. Theresa has him turn around and massages his neck and shoulders. She says he's tense. He turns around. Before he kisses her, Theresa says she has to go to the gym. Alex tells her she's good with massages and now has to take a shower. Theresa smiles

Sloan is in Horton Town Square with Jude. We hear baby sounds. She sees EJ and walks over to him. Sloan wants to know why he gave Stefan a good deal then sabotage everything with the judge? He's says his family is not her concern and walks away.

Nicole is happy he still wants to be friends. Brady says Holly is a kid and made mistakes. Nicole says she should have paid more attention to her (then why does she want a job?) but was so upset when her son died. Brady says it's life and kids make mistakes.

Tate tells Holly she forgot her notebook. Sophia says he's out of breath trying to get it to her. The girls leave for school.

Eric looks at the bill. He wonders why there are reoccurring charges at the Salem Inn and what's going on?

Thanks kat for writing up this thrilling avocado and egg white omelet.

• Clothing or items that advertise or promote gang affiliation, drugs, alcohol or tobacco products, contain references to sex, profanity, or show suggestive, vulgar, obscene writing, pictures or symbols are not allowed. (items referring to specific body parts)

• ALL shirts must have on the shoulder sleeves. Spaghetti strap tees, camis, or tank top undershirts are not allowed even if worn under a jacket. Shirttails must be long enough (3” overlap with pants) to cover midriff, skin and under clothing while sitting or standing. Shirts must not show the chest area, stomach, and back.

• Shorts, sports shorts, and skirts, tunics, and dresses must be finger-tip length or longer in the front, in the back, and on the sides, when walking, even when worn with leggings. Shorts with the slits in the sides are not allowed.

• Hats, hoods, caps should be worn outside only and should be kept in your locker during the school day. Bandanas and do-rags are not allowed. Headbands may not be wider than the student ID.
This is the Wichita Public School dress code, well part of it. You also can't wear leggings as pants and more silliness. But at every district I've worked at, Holly would walk in the front door and be sent to the office to call home for a more appropriate top.

Eric had 2 or 3 of the Salem brain cells today. But really, opening Sloan's mail is a federal offense. If I thought it was going to move the story forward I'd be happy but it's not. We still have 80+ days of alternate writers to slog through.

And I can't begin to describe how exciting another round of who runs DiMera is going to be.

I think I'll go vacuum since it has to be a better use of my time.

They stretch credibility on this show a LOT - but they are expecting me to believe Alex Kiriakis has read David Copperfield, and can cite a character in said book that parallels Konstantin? I don't buy that for a minute from that dunce. Xander perhaps, as he went through the British school system, but even he would be pushing it.

Rest of show was a yawn. I don't care for teen stories, I'm over Brady's two baby mommas manipulating and scheming, and Sloan can do better than deadweight Eric.

Theresa telling Alex that Kon is a sweet man who isn't after Maggie's fortune, when she knows for a fact he is planning to take all her money and run, is really beyond the pale even for her.

Kristen is the most horrible person on the planet. Brady, how did you ever get involved with her? Especially since she's old enough to be your mom in the first place. That woman should not have a child.

Good lord, how much time do these kids have before they have to get to school!? And yes, Holly's outfit is totally not appropriate or allowed at school.

Sloan tried to come up with an excuse, but soooo lame. She is smart enough, so surprised she had not already thought of what she would say if Eric began asking questions.

Am glad this blackmailing by Leo is coming to an end. At least it is headed that way.

Somebody should tell Salem’s militant animal activists that Kritter Kristen’s fetching leopard top is real. The sight of a terrified Kritter running through the Town Square chased by angry animal lovers would be priceless.

So now the Pub is serving white egg omlettes with avocado. This is a long way from burger and chowder basics. Old Dad Brady would not be pleased.

For those who know their Salem history, EJ as the guardian of public safety and morality is laughable. Stefano, who knew Elvis better than anyone, would find it hilarious.

Finally, shifty Sloan is headed for ruin if her dirty secrets are discovered, and Eric’s anger will be the least of her worries. If she’s found out, she’s looking at a felony conviction and disbarment

Thanks for the summary. I decided to fast forward after trying to figure out what time of day it was at any given moment. Holly had been to school but Tate decides to just wait tables for breakfast but won't be late to school, then the girls show up but they're headed back to school. My senior year I got out of school at 11 AM because I had all of my credits done and I went to work after school but this isn't computing even by my odd standard.

When Nicole asked Holly how the first day was Holly said she was really tired when she got home so this was the first chance they had to talk. So today was day 2, back from spring break. In Salem's warped time zones it lasted about a month. Summer should be starting in a week or two. Will they have to go to summer school??? Who knows?

Why Holly and Nicole didn't eat breakfast at home is strange. Same with Sophia, who seemed to order but left before it arrived. Another strange meal in Salem.

There was a conversation wherein Nicole & Brady commented how both the kids (Holly & Tate) said "Fine" when asked how first day of school went.
Wonder if there will be more new teens being seen, so Holly & Tate have some buddies to hang with, talk to, etc.

It does seem that scenes are filmed, but then cut, or shortened, to accommodate something else. Ron Carlvati (head writer) just commented elsewhere that scripts are changing constantly, & that on that particular day ....."even today" ....rewriting something or other.

It's a shame we have to wait til December before we can mourn Doug, get to see some actors no longer on the show, and their characters, but am thankful so many agreed to come back to do so.

Lots to pick apart today. Things that bugged me in particular:

• Still can’t get into new Tate being a teen. Brady looked like he could have been sitting next to his kid brother at the Pub table. The actor is doing a fine job with his lines. I just don’t think he looks like a high schooler.

• When exactly did Nicole quit Basic Black? I assumed she was just taking time off to tend to Holly when they went to Italy. I’m sure I am just forgetting some storyline. But EJ telling her she can’t go back to work there because it’s a competitor? Go pound salt, Elvis.

• Kristen. Please just make her go away.

Holly says it went fine, glad classes are in the same building.
Again, we are vexed by Salem's size.
Holly wants to talk about math
Why? We were told she's a whiz at it.
They stretch credibility on this show a LOT - but they are expecting me to believe Alex Kiriakis has read David Copperfield, and can cite a character in said book that parallels Konstantin?
You're my hero for this!! Alex is a dunce, the definition of nepo baby (even though he thinks he's someone else's nepo baby right now).

Nepo baby refers to nepotism, or someone who is rich/famous by luck/because of their parents.
Will they have to go to summer school???
Yes, to make up her coma time, I'm sure, we'll get 3 mentions in mid-August! LOL

Thanks for the summary.

Yes, a dud of an episode and the teen drama isn't entertaining. But at least both Eric and Alex are starting to put together some pieces that hopefully can move along some of these storylines.

The DiMera CEO stuff was getting stale two years go. Why the writers wish to continue with it is beyond me. Also beyond me is what purpose Kristen serves being on the show, other than being an annoying troll of a character.

Nicole had some nice touching moments with EJ and Brady. I wish we could see EJ being more romantic with her instead of yelling at other people or scheming for his job.

Sloan continues to be insufferable while Theresa is still a pathetic liar.

Back