Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, April 9, 2024

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
37 minutes. Editing is bad today.

It's Tuesday. Two exterior shots.

Paulina and Abe are at the pub having breakfast. (it's a long morning in Salem). Abe is having eggs and all the fixings. Paulina has to eat a special diet of oatmeal, wheat toast and fresh fruit. She wants a bear claw. Abe reminds her she'll get one soon. She hates complaining and is grateful for the treatment. She's dreading the treatment not because she can't talk to anyone, but not being with Abe. They hold hands.

Johnny's at a table outside Bistro drinking coffee. Chanel comes up and asks why he's there? He keeps up and holds out a key. Johnny tells her it's the key to the Horton cabin and they're starting their honeymoon today. Chanel reminds she has to work. Johnny says their honeymoon will have to wait. They kiss and Chanel goes to the bakery.

Kristen's outside Salem Inn looking at her phone. She finds out Stefan is in jail for running drugs out of the Bistro.

EJ's at the DiMansion and is on the phone with a reporter. He says the Spectator didn't get an exclusive since a DiMera is running the paper. He says his office will put out a statement today, then he hangs up and pours coffee. Holly walks into living room. He says good morning (even though he saw her earlier with Tate) EJ reminds her she's being punished for doing drugs and lying about it. Holly asks he never lied. EJ says everyone makes mistakes. Holly wants to know since everyone makes mistakes why she can't see Tate anymore? EJ says it was Tate's parents, and then says it's for the best. Holly says it's his fault since EJ blew it up in the beginning.

Tripp and Wendy are in an area of the park. Tripp has a bag. Wendy asks how his first day back was? He says it felt good to get back to normal. He asks when she's going to work? Wendy says Rafe is letting her decide what's best for her. Tripp puts the bag on a bench. Wendy wants to know why they are there? She says it's chilly (she's not wearing a coat) and a storm's coming in. Tripp pulls out boxing gloves and says she's going to punch him.

Replay of Ava answering her phone and Clyde at the other end. (is he in same park?) Clyde tells her to listen to him. Ava says unless you're calling to tell me where you are so I can kill you, she doesn't want to talk to him. Clyde tells her to take chill pill. He says her son is fine and she needs to listen or he'll tell people she was involved with Stefan. The newspaper says Ava's ex-partner. Clyde says not yet. He has another job for her.

Ava's on phone and has a flashback in prison talking to Clyde about running his drug empire. She says she's not working at the Bistro now. Clyde says he doesn't know how she and her robo-cop boyfriend got Stefan to confess, but she needs to do what he says. Ava tells Clyde go ahead and tell everyone. It will be his word against Stefan's. She would rather go to jail than work for him.

Then Clyde mentions Harris knowing she helped him escape. She won't launder his money. He doesn't want that. Gil hid a little black book. The book has a list of dealers and suppliers. No digital trail on him, just that book. The book needs to put in his hands. She won't have to kidnap or kill anyone. That book is the only trail back to him. He will move his operations out of Salem if he gets that book. She says it's the last thing she'll do for him.

Wendy doesn't understand. He tells her to put on the gloves. He says it will work out stress and PTSD. She'd rather go jogging, but she'll give it a try. Tripp puts the gloves on her. Later, Tripp is doubled over. He's surprised and asks if she's done this before? She tells him she studied taekwondo for eight years. She's a brown belt, but has never punched anyone. Wendy says taekwondo is about kindness, forgiveness and building a peaceful world. Not fighting. Now she says it's his turn. They take off their gloves. Wendy says she'll race him and takes off. Tripp puts the gloves back in the bag and chases after her.

Johnny is at a table when Chanel returns. He stands up. She says he's a sneaky fellow. Her staff wondered why she was there since she taking off. Johnny admits he told her staff she was taking off for two days. She's not happy. He says he promised the staff time and half and he'll cover it (his trust fund?) She says it was thoughtful, then says her mom is starting her treatment. He reminds her she can't be with her mom for a few days, and says the cabin is close by. They can come back if needed, then they kiss.

EJ is on the phone with Mr. Shin walking by Kristen at the Salem Inn. He tells Shin he has everything under control. EJ says yes, they know about the story in paper and about Stefan being in jail. Kristen interrupts him. EJ tells Shin he'll handle it. No answer. Kristen points to her phone. She can't believe it. She found her brother in jail and wants to know what's going on? Kristen goes on. Her one brother is in jail because of her other brother. Her youngest brother prints it in the Spectator and no one told her. She says Stefan was the running company and is worried about it. EJ says the company in capable hands. He leaves her and runs into Johnny.

Johnny stands up from the table and tells EJ that he and Chanel are going to the Horton cabin for a couple of days on a mini honeymoon. EJ is happy for him. Johnny wants to know about Stefan. EJ is surprised he cares. He tells Johnny that Stefan supplied the drugs Holly took. EJ says to enjoy his honeymoon. He pats Johnny and runs off.

Paulina tells Abe she's finished. He says not yet. Abe says she needs her strength for her treatment. Paulina keeps complaining about being alone during her treatment. She eats the last spoonful of oatmeal. Abe reminds she can eat her favorite foods after her treatment. Chanel comes into the pub with a bakery box. She brought treats. Paulina's happy until she looks at Abe. She says she can't have a bear claw. Chanel lifts lid and says she made it with non iodized salt.

Paulina checks her list and asks if made with something else? Chanel says no and hands her a bear claw. Paulina starts eating it. Chanel says she's leaving. She'll have her phone one if she needs to come back; she and Johnny are having a mini honeymoon at the Horton cabin. Paulina says to go. Abe tells her stay warm since it's going to be cold later. Chanel is leaves. Paulina and Abe get up to leave, too. She has a suitcase. Paulina says she can get through treatment since she knows Abe is waiting for her.

Holly's sitting at desk and has flashback with Tate she had that morning about how they can meet at school. Johnny comes in and sees her. Holly says she has no life. Johnny doesn't understand and she explains she can't see Tate anymore. Holly tells Johnny she doesn't love Tate, but she likes him. She says it doesn't matter because her mom and stepdad #3 won't let her see him.

They think Tate is toxic for her and they're not. She apologizes since EJ is his dad. Holly thinks EJ and her mom are a mismatch. Johnny doesn't comment. Holly admits it was her fault about lying and all. Johnny says he needs to leave and pack before Chanel gets home. They can talk when he gets home. He goes upstairs. Rachel comes in. She wants to paint their nails like they used to. Holly agrees.

Wendy runs into the apartment with Tripp behind her. They disagree about how she won. Wendy finds the article about Stefan being in jail. Tripp wants to know if it says anything about his mom? Wendy says his ex-partner declined to comment. Ava walks into the living room. Tripp shows her his phone and says she has some explaining to do. Tripp wants to know what's going on? He says both were involved with Clyde. Ava lies that Stefan was probably upset he and Wendy were kidnapped. Tripp says it's great news.

Ava's going to make a fresh start and she quit the Bistro and is finding a new place to live. Tripp is surprised she's leaving. Ava says newlyweds need their space. Wendy says they're really not newlyweds. Ava says they exchanged vows. Flashback where Wendy and Tripp said vows in the beer tank. Ava wants to know if they plan to make if official? Tripp says for now the vows are on the back burner. Ava still wants to give them their space. She's stayed too long and it's best for everyone.

Rachel has her nails painted. She asks Holly how it looks? Holly says they are very unique. Rachel says she told her she's one of a kind. Holly asks Rachel her favorite subject? Rachel says lunch. Holly says she helped her with math. Rachel likes reading better. Chanel and Johnny come into the room. They tell Holly and Rachel they're going on a honeymoon. Johnny and Chanel kiss and leave.

Rachel makes face when they kiss. After they leave, Rachel asks Holly if she likes boys? Rachel says she'll never get married. Holly asks Rachel what she wants to be? Rachel says vet, no a pilot, no a professional scuba diver to study sea animals. The door opens and closes. Kristen comes into the room. She yells at Rachel to go to her room, then tells Holly to stay away from Rachel.

Outside shot of the hospital. Paulina's in her gown and robe looking around her room. She says not the Ritz. Abe reminds her she's there for a couple of days. Tripp walks in (did he use a magic carpet to get there?) Tripp says hello mayor and ex mayor. Abe says he's happy Tripp and Wendy were rescued. Paulina says it was horrifying.

Tripp says they're fine now and says he heard about her ordeal with a happy ending. They are blessed. He says they need to get started, then says he has to ask all of his patients if they might be pregnant. Paulina laughs. Tripp says she has to go to a special room to take the radioactive pill and she'll be brought back to the room. Paulina wants a minute with Abe before she goes. Tripp leaves the room. A nurse will come in 10 minutes. Paulina and Abe look at each other, then hug.

Exterior shot of Smith Island where the Horton cabin is. Johnny carries Chanel over the threshold. Chanel says the cabin is charming and it's private. Johnny says they can be loud. Chanel wonders when someone was there last? Johnny says it looks like firewood is low. He pretends he's going to chop down wood even though Sarah told him there's firewood outside.

Kristen tells Holly to stay away from Rachel. Holly says they were just doing manicures. She tells Kristen she's not doing drugs now. Kristen asks if it was another lie, like she told about Tate? Then she wonders what Rachel will think of what Holly did to her half brother? Kristen says Holly will regret being with Rachel again. EJ yells that's enough and not talk to Holly like that again. Kristen doesn't want Holly with Rachel. EJ brings up all the names that Kristen involved herself with, Brady, Theresa, Marlena and Eric. Kristen wants to name his things, then she walks out. EJ tells Holly if his sister bothers her again to let him know.

Wendy and Ava are at the apartment. Wendy says she'll help Ava look for a place to live. Ava appreciates Wendy being good to her, then she walks to the back of the apartment.

Abe leaves Paulina's room. He blows her a kiss before he goes. Paulina is sad.

Johnny started a fire in the fireplace. He says it might take awhile to warm up. Chanel says she can think of something to speed it up. They kiss, then tell each other they will love one another forever. Johnny leans Chanel back on couch. Camera pans to the fire with sultry music playing.

thank you for the summary, @katmouse

I am having a hard time with the Paulina scenes. I love the actress, and adored her in previous shows. But as Paulina, it just feels off. I need time to process my feelings on this character. I think the character doesn't fit the actress and it makes me sad since I always loved her in other things. It's a weird feeling, wanting it to work so much, but it just seems off.

I am not a fan of Paulina either. I like the actress, not the character, and not with Abe.

I am tired of Maggie being played for the fool. Konstantin needs to go now. He has been here much too long.

I don't like Tripp and Wendy together and tired of seeing their vows. Enough.

Knew that was Clyde on phone. He needs to go too.

All the wasted screen time on all of the above. I am waiting and waiting for the Xander/Alex explosion, or the Sloan/Nicole explosion, or the Everett/Bobby reveal. Instead we are seeing nothing exciting. Move forward Days! I look forward to watching every day and am so unfulfilled after watching the recent episodes.

I really had a chuckle when Johnny told EJ that he was going on his honeymoon and EJ said that's great you need a break. Really, a break from what exactly?? Spending his money? That was odd.

Kayla's reaction was a bit much but understandable.

First they ruined Maggie by being the town busybody, now her brain has been removed.

Someone explain Tripp's shift ending, punching match, jog home, brief talk with mom and then magic appearance back in the hospital. WHAT??

Thanks kat for today's summary.

Great job, Kat, thank you!

I actually enjoyed Holly and Rachel together. They seemed like nice young ladies and not spoiled brats with each other. Kristen should not have acted the way she did. As if she spent a lot of time with Tate since he returned to Salem, and she appointed herself his protector.

What will Paulina do in isolation? I did not see a television, laptop, nothing. She can't just stare at the walls. She might crawl up them, though.

Ava had to know she wasn't free of Clyde. As if we believe she will be free once she gets the black book to him. Nope. Maybe Harris will suspect something and follow her, then he can take Clyde out. In our dreams.

What will Paulina do in isolation? I did not see a television, laptop, nothing. She can't just stare at the walls. She might crawl up them, though.
This whole reaction to her isolation is ridiculous. In real life, she'd have a TV and a bedside phone, could bring her laptop, tablet, cell phone, etc. and keep in touch with her loved ones. She could do video calls with Abe and Chanel, watch movies, read, even catch up on work using her laptop. She's acting like they're putting her into a locked room with nothing to occupy her time, and absolutely no contact for however many days.

Kristen is really losing it -- Salem's most perverse criminal objecting to her bratty daughter being with hapless Holly. It's Nicole who should object to Holly associating with the wretched Rachel.

EJ really needs to work on his expressions of false concern. His lame remarks about him being upset by the arrest of Stefan Zero were more than unconvincing.

Poor Mr. Shin -- he's already distraught over the death of his son and the arrest of Stefan Zero, and now his daughter is involved with the son of a former mob princess. He must be ruing the day he ever heard of Salem and the DiMeras.

Kreepy Clyde is really behind the times -- his whole operation is in a black book. Hasn't Mr. Squirrel Stew ever heard of digitization?

Finally, the Horton cabin raccoons have been a topic of conversation on this board for so long, that I half expected to see one pop up behind Johnny and Chanel and ruin the romantic mood. Such an event would make the visit of the dull young lovers to the cabin a lot more interesting.

Mr. Squirrel Stew
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I half expected to see one [raccoon] pop up behind Johnny and Chanel and ruin the romantic mood
Wait until they go to the bathroom:

360_F_610168324_4ExgBUIYwzrRmQogtI5xKitUzy82DU1o.jpg

can't be with her mom for a few days, and says the cabin is close by
I still don't like the idea of a DiMera sleaze in the Horton cabin, but this is a C+ reason for having them there on their "honeymoon".

Nevermind. I'm sure this is just a setup to run into Mr Drug-Running Rapist - er, not his dad, the other one.
and stepdad #3
So, for how many years of Holly's aging were Xander and Nicole married?

There definitely was not anyone keeping track of the day in the editing room today. Tripp had a full day with apparently 2 shifts in one day on his first day back, separated by boxing, running, visiting home. He was just talking to Ava and the very next scene he’s walking into Paulina’s hospital room.

Meanwhile Holly sat in the DiMansion living room the whole episode.

EJ in that time was home, out in the Square apparently running late…to get home again?

Chanel and Johnny managed to be at the Square, Pub, DiMansion, and ride the ferry over to Smith Island in that same period of time. Also magically transporting to the cabin since they kissed in one scene and were walking into the cabin in the next, but Rachel was still reacting to the kiss that just happened when it came back to that scene.

Someone please find a way for Kristen to go away for good. She thinks the world owes her an explanation for everything she doesn’t know about or control. At least EJ let her have it for a minute.

Also I take back whatever thread I commented on about the flashbacks. We got something like 4 of them today.

If Ava was smart, she’d tell Harris about the call from Clyde and send him in to get the black book so the Salem PD could take down the whole ring.

Who actually owns the DiMera mansion?

Maybe it's time to kick Kristen out.

Back