Days of Our Lives, Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Episode #10,971 Director – Albert Alarr

Don’t know why I had this feeling of Déjà vu while watching most of this show, unless it was because we have heard much of these conversations before. However…Nicole is at the Cheatin’ Heart, busily surfing the web for adoption sites as Brady comes up behind her, notes what she is doing, she closes the laptop. Repeat of earlier dialogue wherein Brady scolds Nicole for not telling EJ she lost the baby, and Nicole begging him to keep her secret and help her. She never realized how much she wanted to be a mother til she got pregnant, and still wants to. They argue, he insists that she is putting her own life in jeopardy when Stefano, who cares only about his heirs, learns there is none from her. He insists he will tell EJ the truth himself.

Out on the docks Chloe & Lucas walk along, talking of the impending surgery in the morning, & how happy she is Kate knows of their engagement now, and she does not have to hide the ring. Lucas mentions her having to get it resized, as it is too tight, Chloe comments it is hard to get off, struggles as she attempts to do so…..and the ring goes flying off her finger into the river. And now our brave Lucas strips off jacket & shirt to dive into the frigid dark waters to find the ring, completely unconcerned about hypothermia, which can take hold in about 30 seconds. And that ring must glow in the dark like Rudolph’s nose, cuz up he comes with the ring. And the ever brave Lucas even has a spare dry change of clothes in the car……but doesn’t even shiver as he insists on putting that ring back on her finger before changing clothes.

Now they come into the Cheatin’ Heart, meeting up with Brady & Chloe, explaining why Lucas is all wet, but giving Nicole a chance to see Chloe’s ring, and the girls immediately begin gushing and hugging. (Let’s remember here that at one time Brady was married to Chloe, and Nicole was married to Lucas). Lucas changes clothes, they all gather round a table, Nikki suggests drinks, Lucas reminds her that Brady is a recovering addict, he a recovering alcoholic, she is pregnant and Chloe has surgery in the a.m. The guys go for sodas, Chloe wonders if Nicole is o.k., and what are both she & Brady doing in a bar? She mentions the place has a rather seedy rep, Nicole just says they happened to meet up, Chloe remembers how Brady was when he was using, and hopes he isn’t thinking of it again. This evidently gives Nicole an idea….the guys return, she goes to talk to Brick, asking him if he is in touch with Rollins, she wants to score some cocaine for a friend. Later, she brings a tray of soft drinks to the table, but Chloe & Lucas have to leave…she has an early appointment at the hospital. Nicole fakes a cramp, asks Brady to get her some aspirin, pours something from a vial into his drink, and when he returns, thanks him for getting the aspirin, then smiling as she says we might as well drink up, waving her own glass at him. He sits down, picks up the spiked drink, raises the glass to his lips.

Sami is still ranting at Rafe, going on and on at how now the DiMeras can I.D. him, his life is in danger, yada, yada. Rafe calmly lets her know he dismantled the security cameras, she thinks he is a genius, he says it is one of the first things they learn. She is still ranting because Nicole has seen him, as well as the person who let him in. Rafe is not worried, tho. They get into a conversation about a pickle ornament on the tree, he claims it to be tradition somewhere, and whoever finds the pickle ornament first should make a wish. She is skeptical, he reminds her she believes in mistletoe, why not this. He goes to take a shower, returns in the obligatory wrapped towel (why, I have no idea) to find Sami making gingerbread cookies. Seems she learned how from this butler Stefano had, that John kept on, and he made wonderful streudel, lemon bars, so she asked him to teach her how to bake. (This is Rolf, of course). She tells Rafe about Hilda bringing the new pics of her kids, how big they have become, and is sad because selfishly she hates the idea of them doing so well without her. She is stringing popcorn, sticks her finger with a needle, he takes a look, saying she will live. She tries to get him to open up about his family, but Rafe is mum.

Max is contemplating the box Trent gave him, when Chelsea comes into the Cheatin’ Heart. He is ready to toss it in the trash, she talks him out of it, then takes him back to his place, saying the box should sit by his phone, and when he is ready to open it, he can. She starts to leave, he asks her to stay, opens the box, to find a very tiny soft toy dog, fits into the palm of your hand. He flashes back to being a young boy, in bed, holding the dog he called Charlie, and Trent coming in, scolding him for not being asleep, and yanking the dog away from him. In the present, he looks very sad, as he relates how Charlie used to help him sleep. Chelsea notes something else in the box, a note. Max opens it to read just two words…..”I’m sorry”. Chelsea hugs him.

Stefano & EJ continue to argue about whether the cable guy was connected with the smugglers on the docks or not. EJ thinks Stefano is making mountains out of nothing. Stefano thinks EJ is too naive. Now Stefano gets on his case about Nicole, if he cares so much, why not marry her, and seal his claim on her child……..or is it Samantha. Nope, EJ assures his father Sami is not in the picture at all. Stefano badgers, EJ finally goes down to Roman’s office, insisting he be allowed to talk to Sami. Roman gives him a hard time, but finally agrees, only if he can listen in. Roman makes the call, Rafe answers the phone, gives it to Sami. She is glad to hear from her dad, who assures her the twins are fine, so is Will, but there is someone there who wants to talk to her. He hands the phone to EJ…….who says, “Hello, Samantha.

Barb

Thanks for the summary. I only got to see bits and pieces of the show yesterday. Sorry to have missed the Sami and Rafe scenes. I really like them together.

Fabulous summary, Barb, thanks.

I loved your description of what happened with Chloe's engagement ring. It sounds like the scene was full of innuendo: the ring needing to be resized (as in Lucas and Chloe just don't fit), the ring being too tight (as in stifling/suffocating) and Lucas being all wet (as in clueless). That's one relationship that's drowning, for sure! LOL.

Can't wait to see more Rafe and Sami. Rafe in a towel is even better.

Liked the touch of Rafe having the pickle ornament. I have one on my tree that was given to me by a friend who immigrated from Germany. She told me the same thing about the wish.

ITA with you, kpatch, about the foreboding with the ring imagery. Lucas and Chloe are doomed.

The picture in my head of Rolf and Sami baking together is tooooo funny. I wonder how many disasters of her's he had to clean up in the kitchen.

Caption on cartoon of Day's writers: "They are sooooooooo dumb we can even throw a diamond ring in a river and retrieve it in 5.6 seconds and they will buy it."

Sorry all,
Im still new at the posting and put this in the wrong section.

I seen where someone wrote about Chloe dropping a ornament but did anyone see that today her ring flew outa her hand and into the river. lol. They are so doomed... And I cant believe Lucas jumped in after it. OR that the writers had him find it. Wow, where was Lucas when I lost a very special charm my dad made me on a necklace in the inlet. It was priceless. Help Lucas, Help! lol
Any thoughts or opinions?

Also, I thought todays Days was pretty good. I like the pickle ornament. also, it was different and cute.
And Max and Chelsea are definitely getting closer and this time around I really dont mind. Its seems better than the Max/Stephanie pairing.:idea:

I just don't see the calling Samantha thing.....EJ and she weren't a couple, so why does he feel he has to call her in order to have a future with Nicole....the dog is probably just hoping Samantha begs him to drop Nicole and be with her, what a slime bucket....

The only thing I could figure was how Stefano was on his case. EJ was insisting he loved Nicole, Stefano asked why he did not marry her.........then socked it to him about what happens when Sami returns........

I do think it unecessary for him to have called Sami, tho.

Greetings from a most appreciative daily "lurker" ~ I've only been watching DOOL since 2000, after retirement and have learned so much from the loyal, long-time fans and posters. Question: Do "we" know who is Max's & Melanie's mother(s)??? :confused:

Greetings from a most appreciative daily "lurker" ~ I've only been watching DOOL since 2000, after retirement and have learned so much from the loyal, long-time fans and posters. Question: Do "we" know who is Max's & Melanie's mother(s)??? :confused:

Not yet. Some of us think that Mel's could be Nicole. As for Max's she died of cancer when he was young. Trent did not want him and he went into an orfanage. The Bradys adopted him.

Not yet. Some of us think that Mel's could be Nicole. As for Max's she died of cancer when he was young. Trent did not want him and he went into an orfanage. The Bradys adopted him.

Thanks DJM. If Melanie turns out to be Nicole's, that would make an interesting story line....and then they could disappear into the sunset and live happily ever after. (I like both of them....just not seeing how they could fit in.) ;)

It is easy to fit in. Nicole was with Trent. She could have had a baby after she left him and gave it up for adoption. Trent could have found out about the baby and got her.

I had that feeling when she said to John that she feels like she is getting a second chance when she first found out she was pregnant.

Back