Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2024

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a new day in Salem. Some people are hopping and skipping everywhere.

Stephanie comes out of Everett's room at the Salem Inn. Leo is in the hallway with the clothes on he had the day before. Leo wants to know why Stephanie was in Everett's room? She says they are just colleagues. Then friends, no benefits. Leo mentions the movie "When Harry Met Sally". She tells him it's none of his business. She reminds him her boss is his boss at the paper. Leo finally leaves and goes down the hall. Stephanie leaves another way. Leo comes back and starts pounding on Everett's door.

Wendy comes into the kitchen and says "hello lover." When the refrigerator door closes, Ava is there. Wendy says she's sorry she thought Tripp was home. Ava says Tripp is working later. Ava says she'll make some coffee and they can have a chat.

Stefan is looking at a picture of Gabi on his phone. (We see the picture of Gabi). He tells the picture that a year ago today she made him remember his life with her. Johnny comes in after jogging. He asks Stefan if there's any coffee left? Stefan's not happy and says to try looking in the pot. As Johnny pours some coffee, he asks if his dad is up? Stefan turns around and tells him he has his brother's schedule on his phone <ha, ha>

Johnny tells Stefan he must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed, and then tells Stefan he's getting married to Chanel on Valentine's Day. Johnny wonders why Stefan didn't congratulate him? Stefan reminds him he got married six months ago and his wife in prison. Then Johnny says don't you have something going with Ava? Stefan says that's none of your business.

Chanel is in Horton Town Square looking at her ring. She's getting a table ready. Kayla comes up and tells her she just got off from a long shift. She wonders if Chanel found her online order for banana muffins? Kayla wants to surprise Steve and Stephanie. Chanel says the muffins are almost done and they will have to cool. Then she shows her ring to Kayla and says they're getting married Valentine's Day. Kayla says she and Steve got married that day. Chanel says this is helping her mom not stay focused on her illness.

Sarah walks up to a nurse at the nurses' station. The nurse says she has a patient in the exam room and it's listed as confidential. When Sarah goes to the room, she finds Paulina. Paulina is already in a gown and pants, and wearing a necklace. Sarah says you must be the mystery patient. Paulina says it helps being the mayor.

Kayla comes out of the bathroom wearing pajamas. She goes to bed where Steve is sleeping and wakes him. He tells her he was out late with John. She didn't understand since she called him after 10 and he was going to bed. Marlena sent him a text (so she texted, not put in his phone number). Steve finally tells Kayla that it was about Konstantin and they don't trust him. They're worried about Maggie.

Kayla says Maggie likes Konstantin. Steve says they've tried to warn her, but she shuts them down. Steve reminds Kayla all the things Konstantin has done. Kayla says Maggie is strong and trusts he has changed. Maggie needs to figure it out for herself. Kayla tells Steve to lie back down and go to sleep. He says he can't go back to sleep because he smells banana muffins.

Sarah examines Paulina and says her throat feels the same size. She says they can do an ultrasound if Paulina hasn't had anything to drink. Paulina says no. She woke up panicky and came right over. Sarah reassures her that she'll get the best care. Sarah says radiology has a full schedule, but she'll get Paulina in as soon as possible. Paulina doesn't want to take someone else's spot. Sarah asks if she should call Chanel? She says no. Later, Sarah comes back and says there was a cancellation and they can see Paulina now. She tells Paulina take off her necklace and tells her how about the procedure. Sarah asks again about calling Chanel.

Leo is still pounding on the door. He says it's room service. Everett says he didn't order anything and opens the door. Everett isn't happy. He's had a long night. Leo says he knows, he saw "Sally" (Stephanie) leave. Leo says he knows Stephanie spent the night. Everett says he's out of line. Leo replies did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed? Leo tries to peek into room. Everett says they need to talk. Leo tries to go into the room. Everett says not here and gets his coat.

Chanel flips the sign to open at Sweet Bits. She sees Stephanie leave the Salem Inn and gives her her coffee. Chanel asks Stephanie if she's going home since she just missed her mom? Stephanie says Chanel was probably wondering why she left the Salem Inn? Chanel says it's none of my business and you're a grown woman. Stephanie is happy that Chanel didn't ask what was going on, then she notices Chanel's ring. They talk about getting married on Valentine's Day. Chanel's phone rings. It says from University Hospital and she walks away. Then Stephanie leaves.

Everett and Leo come out of the Salem Inn. Leo says he can't talk without eating first. Everett says he can listen. Leo sits down at a table and says Everett can get him pastries. (the table in front of Sweet Bits is full of food).

At the DiMansion, Stefan is upset Johnny mentioned Ava. Stefan says he loves Gabi. Johnny says you're madly in love with your wife, but you kissed Ava her in front of Chad. Stefan says things aren't always black and white. Johnny will understand when he's older. After awhile, Stefan says Ava is abeautiful and fascinating woman and he's alone (boo hoo). Johnny gives up and he hopes Stefan can live with himself with how this might be going. Stefan says me too. Stefan gets up and walks out of room.

Meanwhile, Ava and Wendy are having a wonderful chat about Tripp. Ava wonders how close Wendy and Tripp have gotten? She doesn't want Tripp hurt like with the other woman he's been with. She mentions Allie, Haley and Ciara. She doesn't want Wendy to cast him away. Ava wants to be sure they are in a serious relationship. Ava wonders if Wendy is using Tripp as a security blanket since her brother died?

Wendy says she and Tripp love each other. Ava's phone rings. Wendy sees it's from Harris. Ava says let it ring. Wendy asks Ava if she loves Stefan, or Harris, or both? Ava says she doesn't like being interrogated either. Wendy says she has to meditate now and leaves. Ava's phone rings. It's Harris again and she hits ignore. Her phone rings again. She answers and yells Harris to leave her alone. It's not Harris, but Stefan.

Steve is eating a muffin in bed. Kayla tries to sleep next to Steve. He asks if there are more muffins? She says they are for Stephanie for when she wakes up. They hear front door open. Steve yells Stephanie's name and she comes into the room. Kayla says there are banana muffins. Stephanie leaves to get one. Steve wonders if she's just getting home?

Later, Stephanie comes back in their room wearing pajamas. She gets on the bed and gives Steve the rest of the muffins. Kayla asks about her night. Steve says the next time she's stays out all night to let them know. (they didn't know she wasn't home). Stephanie says she plans to be out of their hair soon. Kayla's now sleeping. Steve asks where Stephanie was all night? She says with a friend.

Everett and Leo are eating. Leo is excited with all the pastries. He's says they're all his favorites. Everett calls him a toddler. Leo tries to joke. Everett tells Leo he better not see a story about him and Stephanie in his column. Leo's not happy. Everett says they were talking and fell asleep. Leo says no hanky panky? Then tries to hit on Everett. Later, Everett wonders if Leo uses humor to hide pain? Leo says doesn't everybody? Everett mentions a therapist. Leo reads self help books. Everett says talking to someone might be helpful. Leo says he's happy Everett is there to talk to.

At the hospital, Chanel is in Paulina's room. Chanel's not happy she wasn't called. Paulina didn't want to bother her, but Sarah insisted. Sarah nods her head. There's a knock on the door. It's Johnny. Paulina is surprised to see him. Johnny says she'll be his mama soon. Paulina says she's feeling better. Sarah tells Paulina that she'll get the ultrasound in a few days. Paulina is hungry and wants breakfast. Johnny leaves the room so she can get dressed.

Stefan yells at Ava for talking to Harris. Harris is only after Clyde. They yell awhile and he asks if she's with him? She tells him no and she was talking to Wendy. She's happy someone in love and happy. They discuss being in lust and having to fake it. A lot of blah, blah, blah. She calls him a combo of Popeye and Bluto. He calls her Olive Oyl. By the time they are finished talking, something switches. After hanging up, Stefan seems hot and bothered.

Everett tells Leo he has to go to work. Leo needs to go to bed. He was up all night looking for gossip. They get up to leave. Leo believes Everett that nothing happened with him and Stephanie. They do a pinky swear (really, grown men?).

Kayla is fast asleep. Stephanie tells Steve she remembers how Kayla worked late when she was younger and she waited for Kayla in the big bed. Stephanie said they would fall asleep together. Just the two of them. Steve says he wished he didn't miss so many years when he was gone. As soon as he could, he got back to them. He says he loves her and worries about her.

Stephanie says she was with Everett and nothing happened. They are going to take things slow. Steve says he's glad she's taking it slow and if there's something you want and it feels right, don't let others stop you. They hug. Stephanie's phone rings. She pulls it out of her pocket. It's Everett. She starts talking to him and leaves the room.

These past few days have been the LONGEST set-up for stories ever. A 40 word conversation about Konstantin every other week is simply not keeping my interest. Phone sex between two people who are really a couple, or even play one on TV, isn't remotely interesting. Mob Boss Mom who is currently running deadly drugs in town having a conversation with her son's lover was cringy at best. An awful idea in reality. And that's not going anywhere near Chanel's ginormous ring in a bakery. Kneading dough anyone??? Ewww.

Thanks kat for yet another Sleeps of Our Lives.

Yes, this is the scab writers. Their stuff will be going through April and May I think.

The stuff with Stefan and Ava was strange. I wasn't sure how to write it.

kat, how did you stay awake for this exciting episode??

JS, I watch the show when I get up early in the morning. I write it up during the day.

kat, how did you stay awake for this exciting episode??
I didn’t. Before dozing off, all I got out of it was that Leo must be hard up for stories if he thinks Stephanie coming out of anyone’s room is columnworthy and thinking that Zero really does look like he belongs in a Liberty Mutual commercial. (Liberty Biberty, there’s Biboo!)

okay-i-got-a-crack-outta-this-one-well-done-liberty-biberty-v0-fxauc09rngrb1.png

liberty-biberty-ostrich-sunglasses-humor-shirt-mens-premium-tank-top.jpg

I really hated Ava and Jake and now this. He was Jake at the time right? I've just never ever cared for Ava, they didn't redeem her at all in my opinion but there must be people out there who wanted her return more than once.

It would be nice if this show paid attention to its actors and started planning for someone that doesn't decide to renew their contract. Are they asked a week before it comes to an end if they're re-signing? Someone should have been ready to take the Gabi role quickly. Now we'll also have to backtrack to get Gabi cleared I assume and by then I won't care. Stefan is going to cheat and then we get a twisted repeat of Gabi/Ava/StefanJake?

I swear they knew Gabi was leaving for months if not a year. I feel like the rumor was out there for ages. Why can’t they just let them have a love story with complications other than cheating? Aren’t her being in jail and him coming back from the dead enough?

Well done, Kat!

Stephanie's pajamas looked like an outfit Leo would wear to the clubs.

Dreadful "sorta phone sex" between Stefan and Ava. They are on a collision course for a huge mistake. And we will have to bear witness (while they "bare" something else). Maybe it won't go further than her shaving off that 'stache.

I, too, wanted banana muffins. Or just bananas. Or just muffins.

1706713438726.jpeg

Back